[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Grey.

+23
Peregrine
Mrsebi
Tom Gaskarth
Felix
Bram
Alanza
Malkoir
Icey
KageArashi
Gurpus
Kaotic
Hunter Reckoning
Juliana
5secondchaos
Atriax
V
Shadow
Ryzaa
Winnie
Flaw of Insanity
Deathclaws
Cial
Charon
27 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Grey. - Page 7 Empty Re: Grey.

Post by Juliana Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:08 pm

Despite her acquiescence to Hunter's demands, Risa still had her doubts about whether he could--or even should--do what he meant to. She stared down at Juli's body and glanced over at Hunter again. "You do know that in order to do as you ask, I will have to invent a totally new way to use magic I'm still learning, in order to achieve a goal that could be reached more easily by means that already exist?" She rubbed her neck, wondering if she would find bruises there the next day.

"I don't know anything about any of that," Hunter admitted. "But I have to try this. It just feels like I have to."

Risa nodded, accepting that reason as good. "All right, then." She frowned, probing with her own power for a way to bring Hunter with her into the Mists.

Hunter watched the onetime assassin anxiously, hoping that an apprentice Greater Called warrior would have the knowledge and the power to do as she had said. For a long moment, Risa simply remained frozen in an attitude of tense concentration; then her face cleared and she nodded again. "Come here," she murmured distractedly, beckoning Hunter to stand over Juliana's body.

He moved quickly, wondering what was going on. As the two of them stared down at Juliana's familiar form, Risa began to glow blue. She grabbed Hunter's hand hard and unexpectedly, and as he gasped in shock he too began to glow. Something inside him fought the magic desperately; he screamed in a strange inward pain as it stretched further and further--and then broke.

Risa and Hunter crumpled awkwardly to the floor, unconscious but breathing, as their souls slipped instantly into the Mists.

------------------------------------------------
The Mists

For all the difficulty Hunter had had in separating from his body, the actual transition into the Mists was perfectly calm and harmless. It was so simple--one moment he and Risa were standing over Juli's body in her room in TR's fortress, and the next they were in the midst of a blue-misted plain just like he had seen every time he had died. A darker path under their feet twisted off into the distance. Risa seemed to be playing with the mist around them, twisting a small quantity of it through her fingers as if it were a pet snake. At length, she met Hunter's eyes. "We follow the path," she declared. "It will take us to Juli."

There was only one way to respond to that: Hunter began walking.

After a length of time (which is as accurate as one can get in the Mists), Risa could discern a small group of spirits who were clearly deep in conversation. She could tell, from the familiar echoes of power she felt, that Juli was among them. "Juli's just up ahead," she murmured to her companion--odd to think that they were both related to Juli, and yet they were entirely unrelated to one another.

Juli froze in the middle of a sentence. "What?" prompted Shadow.

"Risa's coming--and... Hunter? Hunter's here?" she gasped. "What in the name of...?"

At that juncture, Hunter and Risa arrived, and Juli addressed them directly.

"Hunter, cousin, what are you doing here?"

"I came here to get you back," he replied.

Juliana directed a sharp, questioning look at her apprentice, who shifted uncomfortably and explained, "Hunter was... very persistent. He nearly strangled me, convincing me to help him... he said he had to come here."

Juli sighed resignedly. "Well, what's done is done. I suppose we'll just have to see what we can make of it." She glanced over at Kage, Shadow, and Deathclaws. "Think about it... it would give our side a boost to see you fighting beside us." With that, she looked back at Hunter and Risa. "I think it's time we went back to the battle, wouldn't you agree?"

With that, the three Called warriors slipped through the barrier between the Mists and the living world.

TR Stronghold: Juliana's Bedroom

Juli and Risa had no trouble returning to their bodies; they never did. Hunter, however, remained hovering there for a few moments, trying to figure out what to do. Juli noticed his predicament and stood up, her body fully restored though still painful, and unearthed an egg-shaped jewel from somewhere under her bed. She quickly placed it on Hunter's chest and sealed it there with a burst of magic, then nodded to him. Within moments, he had figured out how to use it as a path back into his body, and all three grabbed their respective weapons and headed back out into the battle still raging around the Stronghold.

Last edited by Juliana on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Juliana
Juliana
Storyteller!

Number of posts : 3679
User Points : 163900

Back to top Go down

Post by Gurpus Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:59 pm

As Gurpus and a few other TR members headed towards the giant, Gurpus' head began to ache. He paused, confused of what were happening to him and suddenly fell to his knees. His head was pounding with memories that he didn't recognise. He glimpsed a young child weeping softly on a cold forest floor with burns, and remains of toys. All that could be heard were screams of horror, and the gruesome smell of burning flesh.
There was quite a faint memory that flashed into his head, when the young child was weeping. This specific memory had a teenager sitting in class flicking sharpened a knife onto the bottom of a grazed desk, then pulling swifly out of the desk, repeating the same process over and over. His teacher stood over him, glaring angrily down. She began yelling at the boy. After a few seconds of staring from other classmates, and prime laughter, boy stood up and grabbed the teacher by the neck, choking her. The teacher began to gasp for air, but the boy released his grasp and stormed out the room. His fists began to turn black with dark magic as he walked outside, gazing at the school he had just left. The boy closed his eyes, and the spheres or dark magic got larger, until he yelled, and hurled them into the school. The balls of darkness turned into beams of darkness. The distant screams as the boy walked off, grinning, could be heard. "I am... the last of the Death Knight Order.." He whispered as he walked off into the streets.

Gurpus's head began to ache more as he knelt on the ground, clenching his fists. One of the members who had been walking with him was attempting to help him, but the sounds were muffled by the ring that engulfed all of Gurpus's life. Then it went black.

Thank you to Ana for editing my Grey post :P

Last edited by Gurpus on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gurpus
Gurpus

Number of posts : 193
User Points : 8160

http://twitter.com/gurpus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:21 pm

When Weena regained consciousness, he found his face firmly planted in mud, rain still spilling all over him. As he shakily lifted himself from the ground, he realized his head was drenched with rain, and due to mainly the fact that he rarely ever experiences that, he immediately knew something was wrong. As his head cleared, alarm bells went off in his head, as the only reason his head would be wet would be the enchantment on his hood failing. He picked up his sword, which, for what felt like the millionth time that day, was lying on the damp forest ground. He picked it up, though it felt heavier than usual. He tried sending a pulse of mana through it to clean it, though nothing happened. He tried again, though with the same result. He frowned, and sheathed his blade. His sense of "clichéd-ness" suddenly returned, and he looked up, only to see the giant armoured cold soldier powering it's way towards the TR Stronghold.

"Hm, I forgot about that," he muttered to himself, as the only other person around was a cold soldier's top half, the bottom nowhere in sight. Weena began to run in its general direction, though within three steps, he tripped and ended up sprawled on the ground. "Gah," he groaned, pushing himself up again, realizing he was suffering from an odd fatigue. It was an odd feeling, though probably the best way to describe it would be a feeling of complete loss of energy, strength, and willpower. "What the heck is going on?" he asked himself staring at his hands. Only then did he realize that on his right hand he was wearing the gauntlet from the manabender temple. The strange thing was he hadn't noticed it at all up until that point. He stared at it intently, and suddenly he knew what had happened. The gauntlet had sapped all his power. It was a trap.

"Oh, quite the contrary, my good friend," said a voice, and Weena spun around to face... Weena.
"What?!" Weena exclaimed, bewildered.
"Ah, you noticed," replied Weena No. 2 coolly. "But then again, only an idiot wouldn't."
"W-who are you?" Weena asked in what he hoped sounded like a brave voice.
"Why, don't you see?" Weena No. 2 basically laughed. "I'm YOU! The true you actually."
"No, I'm me," Weena said.
"NO YOU," Weena No. 2 shouted back. "Gah, it seems I've even inherited your completely unwitty comebacks. That's something I need to change in my time free from you."
Weena was silent.
"Well, I guess this warrants an explanation," Weena No. 2. "Though only to see what I'd look like with a stupid look on my face.
"You see, my dear self, you, on the inside, are evil. At least, your powers are. You may have tried to deny that fact to yourself for quite a while, but I'm afraid it's true. The fact is that your powers are evil. The art of manabending is evil. It's an ancient, sealed art that was believed to be extinct. You wonder why you're one of the only survivors? It's because our civilization was sieged on, hunted down by all forces of good, and completely obliterated. You were a test subject, one of the few infants captured by good. Your powers were sealed, and they allowed those two adventurers to find you and raise you, to see how well you would bode with others. Gah, how I've been sapped to your will, trapped inside your body as you were raised to do kindly deeds. How I've resented it! But that gauntlet set me free, and I'm no longer at your dispersal as your own manabending. You see, I am your TRUE NATURE! Your own powers, yes, taking the physical form of its previous host. Though for no longer. Now that I'm not restrained by your frail human body, I'm free to do what I want. And with the manaverse at my disposal and an unlimited amount of power to boot, a new civilization of manabenders shall rise!" Making the end of his clichéd villain speech, he blasted off from the ground in a spectacular explosion, probably to assist in the destruction of TR.

All Weena could do was watch, before slumping to the ground at this new revelation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bram Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:09 am

The new Weena smiled as he halted his ascent at a nominal hight. He surveyed the battle, looking for a place to begin his assault.

~~~Felix~~~

*Pow*Pow* Two more Cold Soldiers dropped dead as Felix reloaded his shotgun with more silver bullets. "That's right! Die you-" He span around and sliced another soldier in half with his claymore. "You people don't have any manners! You're supposed to wait for me to finish my sentence and load more ammo before you attack again! Geez people, this isn't-" He gave up on the speech and just hacked and blasted away as many Cold Soldiers as he could, finishing with the statement "GET A LIFE! A DIFFERENT ONE! AND MAKE SURE I'M NOT IN IT!"

~~~Weena~~~

Weena opened his eyes and found himself once again face-first in mud. He lifted his head to find someone else's head lying a few feet from where his own had been.
"That's nice, someone felt like keeping me company while I was sleeping." Weena said sarcastically. "You'd think someone would have notice I was missing and come to find me or... Something..." He carefully reached up to his head and felt a bump the size of a small rock protruding out from his cranium. "Ow...." He reached for his hood and placed it back on his head.
Suddenly, there was a flash of light and a pop as a shadowed figure appeared struggling with a similar person who was streaked with white armor who was holding a broken spear in one hand and the other persons throat in the other.
"Hey Weena could you make sure Greg knows that I w- Oh shoot wrong time-frame sorry about the interference forget you ever saw me." There was another pop and flash and they were both gone.

~~~DeathClaws, Kage, and Shadow~~~

Shadow stared at Kage, Kage Stared and Shadow, and DeathClaws stared into nowhere. After what seemed like hours Kage finally broke the silence. "THIS IS BORING. I don't even have any Pocky!"
"Well, that's kinda what happens when you're dead." DeathClaws replied glumly.
Shadow sighed, "I could really go for a cheese and ham sammich right now..."

Last edited by Bram on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bram
Bram
Insane Mage
Insane Mage

Number of posts : 372
User Points : 23682

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliana Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:00 pm

Juliana stood next to the doorway in the entrance hall--odd, she realized, the double doors had somehow been repaired since Cial had blasted them down, though she couldn't imagine how or when or by whom--and signaled to Hunter and Risa that the coast was more or less clear. Flinging open the door, Juli dashed back out into the fray, her kindred on her heels. The armored giant reared up in the distance, TR members swarming around it already. The three Called warriors were about to join the attack when a massive burst of light flared up in the woods some distance away. A lone figure flew out of the woods.

“Who was that?” Risa gasped.

“I don't know--did you see where they went?” Juli queried urgently.

None of them had seen where whoever it was had gone, which struck them as odd. Juli closed her eyes and replayed the moment in her memory several times, focusing on what the person had looked like.

“Strange,” she murmured, “I think that might have been Weena...”

“Weena's supposed to be fighting the giant,” protested Risa. “I don't know how he'd have wound up in the forest.”

A straggling contingent of Cold Soldiers interrupted their conversation, and for a moment all worries about Weena and mysterious flying people dissolved into the clean danger of battle. The three of them were a well-matched team; Juliana's awareness, Risa's stealth, and Hunter's ingenuity complimented each other so well that the soldiers were dead almost before they realized the Called warriors were there. Then the conversation resumed, unchanged except for a few extra blood-spatters on their clothing and dead soldiers around them.

“There's only one way to find out,” concluded Hunter.

“See if there's anything to see in the forest where he blasted off from?” suggested Juli.

“Yup.”

Kaotic woke up slowly, to find himself sprawled uncomfortably in the mud. How long was I out? he wondered, as his memories came rushing back. He had fought Grey... lost... survived... I guess he didn't bother to kill me. Kao hoisted himself into a standing position and looked around for some sign that would tell him where he was and which way to go. His mistake--I hope. He didn't appear to be in Klasthe, but beyond that he couldn't have said where he was.

A huge, explosive flash flared up some distance away. He wasn't sure, but Kao could have sworn he saw a human shape propelled high up by the blast. That seems as good a way to go as any. He prepared his Telejump, and leaped.

There was no sign left to tell that Kaotic had been there except for the imprints in the sodden earth, which were washed away slowly but surely by the driving rain.

Juli paced forward deliberately, approaching the clearing with caution. In the small gap amongst the trees, a muddy figure that might once have been white hunched over, looking utterly defeated. Without confirmation of the figure's identity, though, she wasn't sure whether this was someone truly defeated or a possible enemy just resting. Hunter and Risa stayed with her, the three of them rarely moving apart for more than a moment. Finally, they reached the clearing.

A mud-splashed figure stood opposite them. He--it was definitely a he--had been concealed by the trees, and it was easy to see how. Below the earth-toned mud, his clothing appeared to have been green, meaning that he was exactly the same colors as the foliage around him. Even so, he would likely have been utterly unrecognizable were it not for two facts: that despite being matted and filthy, his hair was still clearly a fluffy green ponytail, and that an irregularly shaped black sword with glowing green runes hung at his waist.

Between Juli and Kao lay the distraught, prostrate form that, now that they could see him, could only be Weena.

Hunter spoke first. "Kao? Weena?"

Kao nodded. Weena groaned and raised himself slightly from the ground. Shockingly, their eyes both spoke abject defeat and horror. "It's me," they confirmed at almost the same time. Then Weena continued on his own. "Don't trust a man who looks like me, but with my powers still... he's evil..."

"What happened?" Risa asked calmly. To anyone who didn't know her, she would seem to be entirely emotionless, but Juli could see that her apprentice's eyes had gone glassy and cold to conceal the horror she felt every bit as strongly as any of the others.

Weena merely groaned again, so Kao explained his story. "I found my way into my past. I watched myself orphaned all over again, my childhood home destroyed, and this time I saw Grey do it... I barely survived, but found my way into Klasthe at another time. There was an old man who taught me to use another kind of power. Kly, he called it. Then... I came back to the present. Fought Grey. He has the Kly powers too. He could have killed me. I almost thought he had... I don't know why I woke up."

"You can't defeat Grey alone, Kao," Weena moaned from the ground. "I tried, too. He would have killed me if I hadn't created a mirror copy of myself... and if it hadn't been for Gurpus. He came over to our side, saved my life..."

"Nobody can defeat Grey alone, at least not and live," murmured Juli. "Remember KageArashi?"

Weena nodded. "The psycho ninjat who attacked us for fun right after we had already fought Shadow and Gurpus?"

"That's the one," Juli confirmed. "He died fighting Grey. I saw him in the Mists... based on what I could put together, it sounds like he actually defeated a mirror copy of Grey much like the one you made of yourself, Weena. I can't imagine how many convenient things a manabender must be able to do... to actually create temporary copies of oneself... even the Called have to work with actual physical substance or else actual spirit..."

"Don't get ideas!" Weena seemed to have forgotten even his exhaustion and defeat in the urgency of what he had to say. "Risa--you remember how I went off to fight the giant Cold Soldier?" He continued with barely a pause for Risa to nod. "I never got there. Something happened--I was taken to an ancient manabender temple. There was a prophecy waiting for me... it was written by a very stupid seer, but it still told me something. I took this gauntlet--" he held up his right hand-- "but it was a trap. My powers are evil. And they separated off from me, in the form of a clone. He's evil. He told me all about how our civilization is gone because the forces of good destroyed it--I lived only because I was a test case to see if a child with the manabending powers and blood could be good." He slumped back down again. "So now I'm powerless. He's probably off wreaking havoc somewhere. And I don't even know how he knew all that, if he was in me all these years and I didn't know any of it..." After a pause, he added, "I saw Bram go by, locked in battle with what looked like my clone..."

"Bram?" Juli and Risa chorused.

"Isn't he the insane mage?" asked Risa.

"The ridiculously powerful one?" added Juli.

"That would be the one," Weena informed the ground. "He's one of the few people who might be able to subdue my clone, and one of even fewer who would actually try."

Juliana bent down and helped her friend to his feet. "It's not your fault," she assured him. "You had no way of knowing... and you yourself are good, I'm sure of it. Remember how we've fought side by side? If you had been evil--in yourself, your identity, your personality--you would never have been the ally you are. Maybe your powers are evil by nature, but your soul isn't."

To this pep talk, Hunter added, "C'mon, you're a friend. One of us. I know I trust you."

"Manabending is evil?" Kao spoke for the first time in some time, his voice dulled slightly with shock.

Weena nodded. "But you're different from me... I don't know about your powers..."

"I hypothesize that Kao is from a very different bloodline than Weena," murmured Juli. "Kao--you say you watched Grey destroy your home?" At Kao's nod, Juli smiled triumphantly. "My guess is that Kao's family broke off from the manabending civilization at some point, possibly because they weren't evil. Which would explain why Kao grew up with his family until Grey--Grey, who we have long since established is an evil manabender--destroyed their home, while Weena was... orphaned by the forces of good at a very young age?" Weena nodded tremulously. "That could also explain the rather large differences between Kao's manabending and Weena's."

Everyone stared at Juliana. "Are you sure you're just guessing?" Hunter wanted to know. "'Cause that's a lot of detail..."

Juli laughed and explained, "It's a hypothesis. An educated guess. Because I've been paying attention, and putting facts together this whole time. So when Kao asked about manabending being evil--clearly thinking in terms of himself--everything crystallized. It works that way sometimes."

Risa's attention was diverted by a sound that apparently only she could hear. "There's still a battle going on," she called. "We need to get back to it."

"I won't be much help," Weena warned. "I'm powerless..."

"You can still use your sword, right?" put in Juli.

"Yes. It's just an ordinary sword now--I'm not bonded to it anymore--but I can fight with it."

"Then that shouldn't be a problem."

Kao said nothing, but looked thoughtfully at Weena with his fingers drumming lightly on the Edge of Mortality's hilt. The five friends conferred a little longer, then returned to the battle raging around the Regulars' fortress.
Juliana
Juliana
Storyteller!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gurpus Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:24 pm

Gurpus felt a breath of air enter his body. He began to open his eyes slowly, trying not to cause another sudden blackout. Gurpus stood up and looked around. He was all alone. TR stronghold was miles away and the closes building was..............Greys stronghold. Gurpus could hear the march of Grey's soilders. Something he wished to never hear again ever since being a General of Greys army.
"Might as well make my way back to TR stronghold" Gurpus said out loud. Grabbing his dark rune blade and blunderbuss, Gurpus headed towards the  direction the sound of battle was coming from.

After a 3 hours of walking, Gurpus came accross a small town. The town had an inn, a blacksmith, a doctor, item shop and ten other buildings that were probably homes. Gurpus entered the town and was greeted by an old man.
"Welcome to the town of Avery. My name is Joe. Please, do come inside my home for a cup of tea."
Gurpus followed Joe into his home. The house had three rooms. A living room, a bed room and bath room. The house seemed all most 50 years old.
"So what brings you to Avery?"
"Im heading to TR stronghold. Grey has declared war on TR." Gurpus answered.
"Avery use to be a large town you know. Until Grey and his army destroyed all most every building along with all most everyone in the town." Said Joe taking a sip of his hot tea.
"How long ago was this?" Asked Gurpus.
"20 years ago. My wife and son were killed."
"Im sorry for your loss...." The old man made Gurpus think of his own family and how Grey killed everyone in his town. How many more towns and families has Grey destroyed?

"I have something that may intress you." The old man went into his room and came out moments later with a leather coat, leather gloves, black shirt, black pants, leather shoes and a black belt.
"I was going to give these to my son for his birthday, but Grey got to him first."
"Thank you. I'll try them on" Gurpus said. After s few minutes Gurpus exited Joe's bathroom wearing the clothes Joe had given him. "They fit perfectly."
"Hope to see you after you defeat Grey."
"Keeps my deathknight armor. Sell it. Use the money to rebuild your town." Said Gurpus handing the old man his deathknight armor and exiting the house.

Gurpus left Avery and continued his way back to TR stronghold. After many more hours of traveling, Gurpus made it on top of a hill over looking the battle field. The giant was still there and so were the many TR members figting Grey's army. Drawing his rune blade, Gurpus ran down the hill towards the giant.
Gurpus
Gurpus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bram Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:02 pm

"You don't know what you're doing, Mage. Cluttering the timeline. There could be an incursion any moment. You know what that would do to us all." The clone of Weena babbled as he attempted to free himself from the energy bonds holding him to a small, titanium chair.
"So I see you're a fluent Tesser?" A voice replied. "Or it seems you are one. I'm sure if you were a Tesser then you could easily free yourself anytime.
The ManabBender scowled "You can't imagine what I know, and now that I'm free from that... Weakling. I can do whatever I want."
"I doubt that," a new voice cut in, "You needed me. That's why you didn't kill me when you had the chance."
"You... You imbecile! Do you know how many temporal laws you are breaking by doing this!"
"I know more than you could ever imagine." Bram stepped out of the shadows, "Time is my arena. If you don't want to play by my rules than you can find somewhere else to live."
"Just release him." The other voice said, "I think we've gotten it into his thick skull that he isn't supposed to tamper with the fabric of time anymore. I should know."
"Weena, don't be vain. Just because you can't kill yourself twice now doesn't mean you can kill yourself again some other time."
"That didn't make any sense at all! Do whatever the heck you want with him! Send him to Axran right before that black hole eats it or something."
The evil Weena was now thoroughly confused. "Just kill me already!"
"Sorry, I can't do that." Bram snapped his finger and Weena's clone found himself back on the battlefield right were he had just been.
"Ugh..."

~~~Grey's Throne-room~~~

"Sir, temporal activity has ceased." One of Grey's guards stated coldly.
"So we missed it... Again..." Grey clenched his fist. "No matter. Kill them all."
"But sir, some of our soldiers are still out there. What about the giant?"
"They have no practical use anymore. Obsolete."
"Yes sir."

Bram
Bram
Insane Mage
Insane Mage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:04 am

Weena followed Juli, Kao, Hunter and Risa through the forest. Somehow they knew where they were going, whereas he'd lost all sense of direction. He sighed to himself silently as he struggled to keep up. Getting used to a sudden absence of one's powers is ridiculously hard. It felt as though Weena had lost a limb or two. He looked down at the gauntlet on his right hand. Funny how it could cause a person so much trouble. Look on the bright side, he told himself as a digital readout flashed. At least it tells the time.
Weena's thoughts were abruptly interrupted by an ambush of cold soldiers. This time there were about twenty of them--it seemed like some stragglers formed a continuously growing group. Metal clattered. Steel went up against steel as the small group of TR members fought through the enemy. Juli was wielding Atonement with grace, finishing off two cold soldiers on what seemed to be one swift move. Risa moved with the same kind of flourish, slicing through one cold soldier before sliding underneath its legs, gracefully leaping up and landing atop another. Kao swung EoM with barely concealed power, knocking an entire row of cold soldiers off their feet. Hunter was doing just as well. Weena quietly wondered whether Hunter did any kind of martial art as he expertly roundhouse kicked a cold soldier, causing it to double over. Hunter them rolled over its back, hooking its arm as he spun around, bodyslamming it into another cold soldier. Weena was barely managing to fend off one cold soldier, parrying its strikes before eventually clipping it on the leg, causing it to bellow out in pain and collapse.
All in all, they were winning the battle. The cold soldier's numbers depleted from twenty to fourteen, then from fourteen to six. Just as the last ones were being finished off, Weena saw out of the corner of his eye a cold soldier leap off a tree, slashing down with its sword at Hunter's unguarded back. Time seemed to move in slow motion. Weena reached out, powerless to help as the cold soldier descended. "No!" Weena shouted, causing Hunter to start turning around, but it was too late...

Voom! Shick!

Weena blinked. Instinctively he'd reached for his sword and thrown it at the cold soldier, and by some unnatural phenomenon it had found it's mark. The cold soldier was slumped over, held to the tree by the sword which had created a gaping hole in its chest. It took Weena a few seconds to realize what he'd done.
Risa was also staring in awe. "How... how did you do that?" she asked. "That was amazing! How did you set you blade on fire and propel it with the wind? I didn't even know you could do that!"
Weena was staring at his hands. It was all coming together. The elemental portal, everything. "I'm a Mage," he mumbled, "I am a Mage." He repeated it over and over, and soon disbelief turned to confidence.
"Not just any Mage," Juli walked over. "Normal mages can only use one, maybe two elements, and only after years of practice. It seems... you're a natural born..."
"ArchMage," Weena finished. He stood up with a new confidence. "Guys, I think I'll be able to stand a chance against myself now. He walked over to the cold soldier and pulled out his sword. "And good luck with whatever you're trying to do," he told the rest of his friends. "I'll be back when I no longer have an evil alter ego on the loose." And with that, he lifted the moisture from the ground as well as the rain to create a giant wave which carried him off.

Last edited by Weena on Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:24 am; edited 5 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bram Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:15 am

@Weena Shh, don't tell anyone I'm posting without adding to the RP. :U
Anywho,
Spoiler:
Bram
Bram
Insane Mage
Insane Mage

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:11 pm

Felix was making quick work of these soldiers. *SHICK* another one fell as Felix sliced it in half with his claymore blade diagonally. "HA!" Felix shouted. "Didn't expect that, Did you!" Felix took out his shotgun from the holster on his back and Blasted a few rounds. "You should stay for tea next Time!" Felix mocked. "You know what?" Felix asked as he punched one of Cold soldiers Head off. "This is Getting really old, Real fast!" Felix said as he pulled out 2 Uzi's and starting letting the bullet Fest begin. Felix span in the circles on the spot quickly as more and more Cold soldiers quickly dropped Dead. but as fate would have it, The bullets clicked as there was one left.
"Pity" Felix said as the cold soldier stood with fear "I wanted this to be less painful, can't have everything though." Felix told the solider as he teleported next to him, grabbed the cold soldier and teleported again up 10 meters, He then let go and teleported back to land as the soldier fell to the ground and shattered in what seemed like a fireworks display. "TAI?" Felix said into his 'What-looked-like-a-watch-but-wasn't' .
"Titanios artificial intelligence reporting in."
"TAI." Felix began "get me a trace on Weena, Bram and Gurpus, I need to find them so we can re-group and-" Felix stopped as he saw the endlees cold body soldiers at his feet turn to dust. "Oh." Felix said as he stared into what was where the cold soldiers bodies were.
"Sir?" TAI asked.
"Get me a trace on them still, and drop me my motorbike and some ammo, we need to find out what on Lore just happened."
"Task, logged, estimated ETA of tasks; 10 minutes."
"Need it in five." Felix told TAI.
"Affirmative" TAI responded.

and No, Felix has no idea there is 2 weena's.
Felix
Felix

Number of posts : 774
User Points : 23886

Back to top Go down

Post by Bram Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:23 am

Bram tessered back to the TR stronghold. "My work here is done..." He mumbled to himself. "Huh... I think Felix is trying to track me. Better get out of this timeframe." And he vanished.

Meanwhile, the Bram who belonged in this timeframe was facing troubles of his own. But that's not part of this story.

"Subjects located minus one." TAI said.
"Minus one? Who didn't you find?" Felix frowned.
"Subject Bram"
"Is he dead?"
"Negative."
"Then where'd he go?" Felix was relieved that Bram wasn't dead, but he was beginning to become frustrated.
"Unknown temporal anomaly."
"Unknown temporal... Tesser." Felix facepalmed. "Bram frustrates me to no end."

In other words, I'm removing myself from Grey. Kthnxbai.

Bram
Bram
Insane Mage
Insane Mage

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Reckoning Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:22 pm

When Hunter saw Weena leaving, he felt incredibly sad. He felt like cement had been wrapped around him. Hunter turned around to look at the massive, never ending, Grey army. Hunter felt some strange energy rising up inside of him. He looked straight towards the battle field, and was somehow propelled forward. He felt power coursing through his entire body, and when he glanced down, he saw blue fire shooting out of his feet. "HOLY-"
Hunter was too late to realize he had crashed head on, into a Grey soldier destroying him instantly. Hunter's eyes began to glow blue, and a strange translucent fire began to form around his body. Then, blue energy began to form out from the outer rims of his eyes, going out and up. Then the fire started. Blue fire, covering his hands, as he hurled fiery balls of mana.
Juliana Risa and Kao were watching Hunter take out v=wave after wave of soldier around him. And in his....his State of Fury, he looked at the giant, and pointed.
In a strange voice, of two people, talking slightly out of sync Hunter said, "You're next."
He flew towards it at an impossible speed, and became coated in mana. Hunter shot straight through the giant's chest. The giant peered down at the tiny hole in his chest, laughing, and turning to face Hunter.
If the giant could see Hunter's smiling mouth, he would have guessed what was coming. The giant had large blue cracks of mana begin to show on the whole where Hunter hit. The cracks slowly moved out, until it's entire body was covered with them. Hunter smiled under his hood. "And, boom goes the dynamite."
The Giant exploded into a thousand pieces, all of them raining down onto the battlefield.
Juliana, Risa, and Kao were sitting there, with one thought. Manabender.
Hunter Reckoning
Hunter Reckoning
Goggles
Goggles

Zard : Grey. - Page 7 Thezard
Number of posts : 609
User Points : 15858

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:34 pm

Felix was walking towards gurpus when he felt a surge of mana through his body, he immediately realized his unstable condition and let out a beam of darkness out of his eyes just after taking off his shades.
"WHAT WAS THAT!" Felix shouted as he let out the darkness.
"A sudden wave of mana, as the manaverse appears to be temporarily distorted, manabender" TAI answered
"likewise, Weena just went berserk, probably for no reason what so ever."
"False conclusion." TAI responded, giving Felix a puzzled face. " The Titanios satellite has a direct image of Weena, he has not engaged combat."
"Specify who it came from." Felix asked.
"transmitter of mana pulse situates from hunter."
"get me a trace on him, I better go find him, he might be the cause of the cold soldiers disappearing, and get me a talking link with gurpus."
"Task logged."Responded TAI. "would you like weena's position?" TAI asked.
"Negative, keep an eye on him though." Felix told TAI
"Affirmative." TAI responded.
"lets get going."
Felix
Felix

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliana Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:32 pm

Juli's jaw dropped open.

You're kidding me, right? Please, tell me you're kidding and Hunter is NOT the most... the ultimate...!!!

Her desperate mental plea to no one clearly went unanswered; her cousin landed a little less than gracefully on the other side of the place where the giant had been and picked himself up, evidently either unhurt or close to it. How many ultimate powers does this mean he has? Almost before she'd finished the thought, she was counting. Egglord, Greater Called warrior--that one's partly my fault--and now manabender. Isn't there some law that says that's too much power for any one person? But now Hunter was under attack by an entire platoon of Cold Soldiers (which was probably an inordinately large percentage of those remaining after the destruction the Regulars had wrought on them), and Juli sprang into action, destroying ten soldiers with a massive burst of pure light magic channeled through Atonement before settling down to fighting like an ordinary swordswoman next to Hunter. "I've got your back, cousin!" she called.

Meanwhile, Risa was more concerned with dodging what was left of the giant armored Cold Soldier. The battle wasn't won quite yet, but in the onetime assassin's mind it was more urgent to try and locate Weena's clone. Fortunately, she was uniquely suited to the task: she fixed Weena's appearance and powers in her mind, then attached that mentally to the clone's last known position and when that was. Then, she pulled on the picture that created, her mind searching with a weaker variation on the spell Juli had taught her when they had searched for Charon.

There--she could see the clone in her mind's eye, exactly where he was and what he was doing. Her mouth curled up in a small smirk. Gotcha.
Juliana
Juliana
Storyteller!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Reckoning Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:18 pm

Hunter seemed to settle down after killing the massive giant, then he heard a voice in his head. Which isn't really abnormal for Hunter. Hunter...I have helped you this time, by temporarily granting you the gift of manabending. It is gone now. "Thank you Egglord!"
I'VE TOLD YOU! Im not the EGGLORD. Im The dragon god of Creation!
"Ok Egglord. Whatever you say Egglord."
GAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Last edited by Hunter Reckoning on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Hunter Reckoning
Hunter Reckoning
Goggles
Goggles

Zard : Grey. - Page 7 Thezard
Number of posts : 609
User Points : 15858

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:39 pm

Weena managed to find Weena No.2 without much difficulty. They were part of each other, and Weena used that to his advantage. Equipped with his newly found elemental powers, Weena knew that this time he had a slight hope. Let's just hope I can beat him, he thought.

In a matter of minutes, he caught sight of Weena No.2 not far away. It just so happened that he was locked in combat with a few TR members, easily sending their attacks back at them. Seeing this, Weena became enraged, and called forth flames in both of his hands. He aimed and fired, and flames erupted from his hands like twin flamethrowers. With immense speed they burned down a path in the trees, somehow setting the drenched flora all around it's path on fire. Weena No.2 turned around just in time to see the great wall of fire burning down on him. Luckily for them, the TR members dived out of the way, though Weena No.2 wasn't so lucky. He was immediately engulfed, and for a few seconds fire burned around him.

Weena smiled grimly as the flames dissipated, only to reveal Weena No.2 was unharmed. His face twisted with fury, Weena No.2 directed a blue blast of mana at Weena. It traveled outwards in the same flamethrower fashion, though unlike fire it didn't burn the trees. Weena tensed at the oncoming wave of blue energy, not used to his attacks used against him, let alone at their full unlocked potential.

He summoned up from the ground a slanted wall of earth, forced up by a side kick. It was as if the ground was connected to his body on strings, puppeteered by Weena's movements. With his body tilted backwards and his right leg stretched outward, he continued the movement, turning over to his left and outstretching his hands. As soon as they made contact with the ground he propelled himself up with fire, five, ten metres into the air. He tilted his wrists, giving him a midair spin. He blasted a wall of reinforced darkness from his feet, spiraling out in all directions as he span, while still flying further into the air. All of that took less than three seconds. Weena was quite amazed at the adrenaline which had allowed him to pull off that advanced combo of moves.

As his vertical flight slowed down as it was gripped by gravity, Weena watched as the blast of mana hit both his earth and darkness walls, colliding in an indescribable spectacular show of lights. Somehow the darkness and earth walls held, and the blue energy disintegrated into nothing, taking the darkness wall with it. Weena No.2 straightened up in surprise, as Weena fell back down. He landed with a soft thud, before raising his head to stare intently at Weena No.2.

"Give me," Weena sounded angry, a new fire burning in his voice, "Back my powers."
"BWAHAHAHAHAHA!" Weena No.2 cracked up. "YOUR powers?! Didn't you pay any attention to what I told you?"
"Yes, I did," Weena stood up straight, unsheathing his sword. "And I've decided I don't care. In fact, I've decide to take you back." He pointed his sword directly at Weena No.2.
"Yes, I think I noticed that you learnt some new tricks," Weena No.2 almost laughed. "What gave you them? Your gauntlet?" Weena No.2 let out another loud chuckle.
"This old thing?" Weena asked, bending his elbow slightly so that Weena No.2 could see it properly. For a moment nothing happened, then bright white cracks began showing on it, each of them emanating so much light that there might've been a sun inside it. They spread, little by little, until the gauntlet gave way and shattered. Weena No.2's eyes widened in surprise.
"The anti-seal!" he growled, suddenly on guard.
"Oh, so that's what it was for?" Weena asked innocently. "I thought it was just an accessory."
"I'll kill you," Weena No.2 sneered.
"Try me," Weena smiled.

With that they lunged into battle.

Last edited by Weena on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gurpus Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:32 pm

Gurpus watched as the giant fell to the ground. He could smell the power from who ever killed the giant. Power that he wanted for himself.
“Who could poses this power? Weena? Hunter? Hmm…” Gurpus said to himself whist looking down on the battlefield. It was covered in dead bodies. The ground, which was normally green with grass, had turned blood red. The trees near TR stronghold were on fire and the sound of sword clashing and magic spells being cast were the only things to be heard. A small little blue and yellow bird landed and Gurpus’ shoulder.
“Its funny how everyone in TR is fighting for freedom, for peace….for justice in this country, Mr Bird. What they all don’t know is that none of them can defeat Grey. Grey will crush their souls and destroy their dreams. No one can save them. No one can save them from the bloodshed they Grey will inflict on them….isn’t that right Mr Bird” The small bird flew off into the distance, towards the Greenguard forest.
“That’s right Mr Bird. Fly! Fly away from the death that everyone will suffer in the hands of Grey! MWAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA!”

Gurpus began to walk towards Grey’s base. He didn’t know why he was heading there. Maybe it was the fact that he wanted to crush every in TR, because he was sick of their goodness towards everyone. Every Grey solider Gurpus walked pass, would unsheath their blade and gaze at him. Waiting for him to strike at them.

As he reached the cold dark gates of Grey’s fortress, Gurpus remembered something Weena had told him after Weena saved his life from Grey.

---FLASH BACK---

“Hey Weena. Can I ask you something?”
“Sure go ahead.”
“I’ve been thinking…can I join TR and help you guys defeat Grey?”
There was a long silence as Weena continued to look down on the battlefield.
“Sure, as long as you don’t try to kill any of us. If you do try and harm any TR members, I’ll have no choice but to kill you…..and I mean it.”

---PRESENT DAY---

“I’m sorry Weena, but I never keep a promise!”
All of a sudden, a voice started to speak in Gurpus’ head
“Gurpus you there? Gurpus can you hear me?” It was Felix.
“Felix cant talk right now. Im very busy. Talk to you later.” Gurpus said.
Gurpus pushed open the large doors of Grey’s massive fortress. The cold, dark smell of evil covered every corner of the place. Gurpus turned around to see many soldiers of Grey following him. The fortress was still the same since he left it 5 months ago. He reached the double doors to Grey’s throne room. The double doors had many skulls on them. Some of them had the dried blood of those that have failed Grey or those trying to kill Grey. Gurpus pushed open the double doors and was greeted with a familiar voice.

“Good to see your back, Gurpus.” Grey said in his cold, evil voice.
“Do you know why im here Grey.”
“You which to destroy TR. So you want to rejoin my army and help me crush them. Am I right?”
“Yes. You are correct.” Gurpus said moving closer to Grey.
“Very well then. You may rejoin. But to prove that you are truly loyal to me, bring me back the body of Weena.”
“It will be done.” Gurpus said.
“Welcome back, Commander Gurpus.” Grey said with an evil smile on his face.
Gurpus
Gurpus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bram Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:30 am

Only hours before Gurpus gave Grey a surprise visit, and moments after my second to last post... But only about a half an hour before my last post... That was confusing...

Grey waited patiently for a few minutes. When nothing happened, he stood up from his chair and barked at the guards nearest to him, "Well? What's going on?"
"I think you need this." Grey turned around to see a Mage dressed in black and blue robes holding a small, transluscent, grey stone.
"You!" Grey shouted. His guards began to draw their weapons, but he motioned for them to let him handle it. "How did you find that?"
"Ehh, it emits a very paricular power signature." The Mage turned the rock over in his hand a few times, it was no larger than a dime.
"Return it, or I'll have to take it from your cold, dead fingers." Grey growled.
"Too late!" The rock disappeared.
"What?! Where did it go?"
"Mr HappyFunTime, a volcano not to far off-shore from here."
"You... Destroyed it... It takes years to extract such a pure sample..." By the time Grey finished this remark, he noticed the Mage was nowhere to be seen. "Crap... Lost him again..."
As he turned around, a black boot came into contact with his face, knocking one of his teeth clean out of his mouth.
"Augh!" Grey clutched his mouth as the tooth clattered to the ground. "Wha-" But when he looked back, there was no one there but his guards; who both shrugged in confusion.
"Rrrrggg..." Grey turned to the open room and shouted "Show yourself and fight like a man!" he drew his sword, only to find that the blade was missing. "What the!?"
He turned to his guards to ask for one of their swords, but he found that they had both been decapitated and disarmed.
"Ok, Mage." he threw the useless hilt of his sword to the ground, "Come out and fight me; no Magic, no weapons. Just fist to fist melée ba-" He swung around and punched at the Mage when he heard the tell-tale pop of a tesser.
But the Mage instantly grabbed Grey's hand in his own, twisted it sideways, and watched as he tried to conceal a yelp of pain. Then disappeared.
"You, you," Grey held on to his injured wrist with his opposite hand, sending a few pulses of grey energy through it. He flexed his digits, making sure he was fully healed.
"You have no sport, if this was on a more even gr-" The Mage appeared a few feet in front of Grey, and punched him with an electrically charged fist. Which stunned him long anough for the Mage to grapple Grey's nose between his index finger and thumb, and twist until he heard a crack. Which was followed promptly with his disappearing.
"Son of a- Who DOES that?" Grey gently touched his bleeding nose, "I mean, what type of Mage sucker-punches his enemies with fifty gigavolts of energy then breaks his nose. There is nothing stupider than tha-"
Grey's rant was cut short as his face contorted and there was a moment of near-silence. Aside from the quiet sound of ripping leather. Grey slowly reached down and pulled on the side of his pant leg, "Oh." he mumbled.
After finally excavating his undergarments from his back side, he took a seat on his chair and just staired into nowhere.
A soldier came into the room a few minutes later and said "Sir, the power source has been stolen, we have been forced to abort."
Grey waved his hand, "Yes, by all means, continue with the original plan."
"Yes sir." The soldier continued on his way.
"I still don't know who this Mage is." Grey said, after a few moments.
"The name's Bram, and this is the last you'll see of me." Bram's voice faded into the greyness of Grey's grey throne room.

Ok, I lied, NOW I'm removing myself from Grey.
Bram
Bram
Insane Mage
Insane Mage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:54 pm

Weena eyed Weena No.2 intently, allowing his instinct to kick in, while also wondering to himself how weird this would seem to anyone watching. After all, he was fighting a currently human-shaped being of pure energy and almost unstoppable power with a deranged consciousness which looked almost exactly like him, if you pardon the blue glow. And finally free from it's human vessel, it was out to help turn the tide of the war. I'm sorry to dissapoint you, Weena thought, but children aren't allowed outside unsupervised.

Weena No.2 engulfed himself in blue energy, the aura burning around him like a flame. A safeguard, eh? Weena figured. He doesn't want me touching him at all. If I get a hand on him, he knows he'll be reabsorbed. And he's able to be absorbed by absolutely anyone who's skilled enough to direct his flow of energy, so if I don't subdue him quick, someone else will. And that could have disastrous consequences, both to the person and the rest of the world. Weena raised both his arms in front of him together, elbows and fisted hands touching, pointed vertically upwards. A wall of earth rose form the ground, just in time to protect Weena from the wall of blue directed right at him. Luckily I seem to be an ArchMage... of sorts, Weena thought. Any ordinary elemental magic wouldn't manage to hold against this guy.

With that he pulled his sword from its sheath, throwing it like a boomerang around to the right side of the earth wall. It flew off, spinning at extreme speeds, a small tornado being whipped up around it. It curved in an arc, catching Weena No.2 from his left. It caught him off guard, and he wasn't fast enough to react to it. The wind swept him around with it, bringing him back around with the curve the blade was taking - which coincidentally happened to be back to Weena. Should i try to absorb him or not? Weena pondered in the split second he had. No. I need to weaken him first. I'm not taking any chances.

Weena jumped up, propelled by the wind, electrifying his right foot. Just as Weena No.2 came flying back to him, Weena swung his foot around in midair, a perfect mawashi geri - or roundhouse kick, as it's more commonly known. With perfect timing, the kick planted itself solidly in Weena No.2's gut, and strengthened by the electricity, it sent him flying. In the same movement, he spun around and snatched his sword from the air. The tornado winds suddenly stopped, random fragmented gusts blowing off in different directions. He completed his spin and landed on the ground, bending his knees slightly to absorb the impact. If anyone happened to be watching that, they'd only have managed to catch vague glimpses, as the time between him throwing his sword and landing on the ground only lasted about two and a half seconds.

My, my, this has got to be a battle for the hall of fame, Weena told himself. Although it does seem ridiculously one-sided. It took a moment for what he thought to actually sink in. Oh, n- "-gah!" Weena grunted as he was hit square in the chest by a blue beam of mana. Propelled by the blast, he flew back and hit a tree, sending painful jolts through his back. He grimaced in pain as the force stopped propelling him, and with a loud crunching noise Weena fell off the tree and onto his knees. Painfully he looked up as Weena No.2 walked victoriously towards him, a noticeable slowness in his step, as though he were savoring the moment.

"Ha, I thought you might've been more of a challenge," Weena No.2 chuckled lightly, though Weena noticed his voice was slightly lighter, as is he was still winded from the kick. "But then again, you're just human. And humans quite simply don't have what it takes to master true power. It's only too sad that you don't have the same intentions as me, we would've made a formidable team. And that's just too bad. Because you actually had potential. Unfortunately you were completely unable to master ArchMage powers, unable to grasp the true possibilities. Sometimes I wish I actually were one myself, until I realize I already have all the power I need. Anyway, enough gloating. Time to finish you off." He let out a loud cackle which sounded like nails on chalkboard, and formed a pulsing blue spear made of pure mana.

To anyone not far away they would've heard a loud shick and a body slumping to the ground, followed by an even louder burst of maniacal laughter.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Icey Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:00 pm

Through the battered terrain, slashing down enemies, Ice trudged on silently, killing all enemies in his path without any difficulty. A golden aura glowed intensely around him as he felt the angel's energy throbbing through him, this power...was like nothing he had ever seen or felt before. He took a large sigh as he realized that his time was almost up...just a few more moments till his death, but it was worth it...all that had happened to him in TR. He wasn't going to waste this last few minutes though, not in the midst of a war.
With a mighty cry he launched himself into the air and let all that he had surge through him. Flashes of light so brilliant that they could only be from heaven blazed from him, striking down all who were enemies to TR. He was not going to die feeling helpless. In a blur of light he gave his last few minutes doing all that he could with the power he was bestowed with, but now...he could do nothing as he sank to the ground. Would he be remembered? Would anyone tell his story? Had he made a difference in TR? Would anyone care as he sat here in his final moments? A single tear streamed down from his closing eyes and froze into ice. Then a white light surrounded him and he saw the angels with their arms open toward him. He opened his, and let himself rise away from this earth into the light.
Icey
Icey
Ron Swanson

Zard : Grey. - Page 7 M9vzwh
Number of posts : 2553
User Points : 127992

http://icewolf-king.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliana Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:40 am

Risa raced through the battlefield, her mind's eye locked on Weena No. 2. She watched his fight with the real Weena, even hearing what they said. Snotty little brat, she thought as Weena No. 2 gloated over the fate of the original. Was I ever that bad?

Her jaw clenched as the clone created a spear out of his power--interesting, thought the watching Called warrior in a detached corner of her mind, I can do something similar--and stabbed the real Weena with it. Uh-oh. Risa didn't know how that would affect her friend, given that it was pure mana rather than a solid object, but she very much doubted that it would be good for his health.

On her way through the battlefield, she noticed bodies lying on the ground. The vast majority, of course, were Cold Soldiers; Risa quietly applauded the other Regulars for how well they had done. Amazing... Here and there, though, she noticed a lone corpse that had a familiar, individual face. Ice... Kage... I wish I could stop to say goodbye... I'll be back. She gave them that promise in her mind. I'll be back to honor you properly, but right now I have to see whether or not Weena is alive.

She was coming close now. The destruction caused by Weena's battle with his clone was clearly evident around her: the earth appeared to have been recently and violently rearranged, there were scorchmarks on the foliage, fragments of what looked like it could be metal appeared to have been thrown here and there, and--most tellingly--the young mage could see a large tree that appeared to be splintered and...

Weena's broken body lay at the base of the tree. Risa's sight had been true: she could tell immediately that the White Knight-turned-ArchMage had been stabbed in the chest and fallen forward from a kneeling position. What she couldn't tell was how badly injured he was--or even whether or not he was alive. The apprentice Called warrior rushed over towards him, and carefully placed a hand on his back. At this point, she wasn't sure if anything she did would hurt him worse.

"Weena?"

The single word, spoken in a hushed voice, was all Risa could say.

Weena stirred and tried to turn over. Carefully, Risa helped him with the motion, very worried that after what she'd seen, he wouldn't have the strength to do it himself.

Despite years of training, of being inured to horror and blood and death, of dealing in death herself, Risa couldn't suppress a gasp of horror as she saw the bloody mess that had once been Weena's torso. The clone hadn't stabbed him through the heart--the one blessing in this mess, clearly; he was alive, but only just at this point--but the young man had clearly lost a lot of blood nonetheless. It had soaked through his clothing and even a fairly large patch of ground underneath him was sodden with the liquid. Worse, the glowing blue spear was still stuck into his body. Feeling her accustomed mask of steely cold settling into place, Risa placed her hands on either side of that spear and began to test the damage with the healing magic she had learned from Juli.

She immediately knew that it was not within her power to turn the spear back into magic, that the damage was mostly confined to the vicinity of the deep stab wound, that he was still conscious (just barely) despite the enormous pain he was in, and that she had better act quickly if she wanted to save her friend's life. Any action would have to be bold and immediate, because he had already bled almost to death. In response, the ex-assassin acted, trying to cause as little additional damage as possible as she yanked the spear free and tossed it aside. Then she placed both hands back onto his dying body, filling it with healing magic as quickly as she could. There was no time to be slow about this--the spells themselves would take their time as needed. One sealed the wound temporarily; it was bound tightly with another that would help it heal. Another protected the brain, which was the most likely to be permanently affected by the blood loss, from suffering much further damage. That one had an under-spell that would briefly allow Weena to sleep until the worst of the pain abated. There were several more, each playing a purpose in keeping Weena alive.

After working for several minutes, Risa sat back. Her friend would wake up, still in some considerable pain thanks to the extent of the damage, but alive and healing. It should be only moments more...

Weena's eyelids opened slowly, and his eyes focused on Risa's face. "Hello," murmured the youngest Greater Called warrior. "Do you know me?"
Juliana
Juliana
Storyteller!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:44 am

Weena's eyes fluttered open to see a concerned Risa staring down at him. "Hello," he thought he heard Risa say. "Do you know me?" Weena tried to respond, but was cut short when his body automatically coughed. The movement was almost unbearable, and it sent painful shudders through his body. Risa moved to help, but Weena held up a hand to stop her.
"Don't," he managed to croak, causing Risa to take a step back. Weena coughed again, and his back arched in pain, making him look like a little child having a tantrum. As soon as the pain began to fade, he slowly sat up, fighting the small jolts of pain it created. With sudden realization, he then looked down at his chest. He let out a weak gasp of horror and pain as he realized that his entire torso was covered in blood, and his formerly white suit had a hole roughly a few centimetres in diameter only a faction of a space away from where his heart was. At the sight, he began to gag, and a wave of nausea passed over him. Weena forced himself to look away from it, slowly getting to his feet.
Weena shook his haid, returning himself to the present. As his sense of his surroundings returned, he remembered Risa was standing next to him. Did she save me? he wondered, before the logical part of his brain decided to pop in. Of course she did! Wouldn't I be dying from that stab wound and extreme loss of blood then? I'm pretty sure those Called Warriors have fatal injury healing abilities. In fact, what don't they have? I think I owe Risa a massive thankyou when this is over. Why not now? I dunno. Generally the formalities are for after the climax, at the point in which everyone's calmed down after all the action. But then again, I'm horrible with etiquette and thanking her while we're both in combat does seem to be preferrable... Meh, I'll do it later. Who knows, it could develop my social skills and be good for my modesty. Waitwaitwait, why am I having a thought conversation with myself? Isn't there some kind of evil psychopath I'm charged with hunting down? Yeah, I should really stop yakking as though I have multiple personalities, and go and do more thwacking. Besides, Risa's probably staring at me like I'm crazy. Okay, I'll snap back to the present in three... two... on- wait on second thoughts I'll just say thanks.
"You saved me," Weena gratefully turned to Risa, who had also stood up. She looked quite relieved, though she was sweating, and Weena assumed it was because of the great amount of energy she had to exert to heal him.
"I did what I had to," Risa replied.
"Well it saved my life, I can tell you that," Weena responded. "I'd be lying on the ground, my spirit in God-knows-where. And this time I don't think the Manaverse would've saved me. In fact, I have a fleeting feeling my alter ego was the one who did, as a matter of fact."
"Speaking of which," Risa said. "Isn't he still on the loose?"
Weena turned away from Risa and lowered his gaze to the mud near his foot, still being pounded by rain. "Yeah, he is. But I don't think I can beat him."
"Of course you can!" Risa walked up and gently placed her hand on his shoulder. "You're Weena, and the Weena I know wouldn't give up that easily."
"He's too strong," Weena didn't feel worthy of raising his head. "A Manabender can manipulate all kinds of energies. And besides, he's untapped. As in, there's nothing sealing his potential. Give him a week to adapt to this world and we'd have an apocalypse on our hands."
Weena felt Risa's hand suddenly tense. He turned around to see her deep in thought. "Did you say he can manipulate all kinds of energies?" she asked.
"Yeah," Weena forced himself to make eye contact with Risa.
"Does that include kinetic energies?" Risa muttered, almost to herself.
Weena lit up at that point. "No, as a matter of fact. I didn't seem to realize that until now."
"Then I think we've found his weakness. Still feeling helpless?"
"Not as much, as a matter of fact, no."
"That's the spirit. Anyway, you can now somehow manipulate elements, right?"
"Somehow, yes."
"Which ones?"
"Air, water, ice, fire, earth, energy, that is, as in electricity, light, and darkness. That's about it, at least, that's as far as I've discovered I can do."
"Hm. Well, he can't technically absorb air, neither can he with ice, water, fire, or earth. Electricity is a definite maybe, and I'm not sure about light or darkness."
"Ah, I see where you're going. But even is he can't absorb it, we still have his extreme offense and mana shield defense to worry about, don't we?"
"Yeah, and the only way we can overpower him is with teamwork. I'll have to keep him distracted and do my best to even injure him, while you'll have to somehow find a way to master your new abilities and overpower him."
"Aw man. Improvising advanced elemental combos on the spot while my life is in danger is very hard."
"You really sound like a complaining showoff kid."
"Yeah, you have a point."
"So, are you ready?"
"Yes. I say we'll rendezvous at his location in roughly twenty seconds. Meet you there."
"You too."
With that Risa stepped through a portal into the Mists, and Weena ignited flames at his feet in his usual jet-boots fashion, blasting himself high into the sky. He could feel the unusual heat from it, providing a nice warm sensation to his feet, while giving the lower half of his body a mild orange glow. He flew up, nudging himself southwards a bit, before deactivating the flow. Suddenly gripped by gravity, Weena started falling. Feeling the wind rush through his ears, he fell through a cloud. This should be a sport, Weena thought, over the loud rush of the wind. Slowly shapes down below began to form, and Weena caught sight of a particular whiteish blue figure which he knew to be his alter ego.

Using the wind to soften his descent, Weena landed with a small thud in front of Weena No.2, merely a split second before Risa stepped out of a portal next to him. Weena unsheathed his sword, and turned to Risa and nodded. The battle began.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliana Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:39 pm

"You again?" Weena No. 2 gasped, incredulous and derisive at the same time. "Didn't you learn your lesson last time?" He fired a beam of pure mana from one hand. It would have knocked the real Weena a significant distance, except that the original had already let loose a disorienting blast of light that put his clone's aim just far enough off. "And I killed you! How can you be alive?"

Risa smirked, watching the conversation. Someone hasn't noticed that there's another guest at this party, she thought. Let's see how long that lasts. She paced out a semicircle around the dueling Weenas, hoping to get the small advantage that being out of the clone's view would give her. This would be a tricky fight; she watched carefully to make sure she didn't lose track of which of the otherwise identical fighters was glowing mana-blue.

"Obviously," Weena informed his clone, "you didn't kill me." He twisted the ground, throwing the other in the air. Despite this, Weena No. 2 still managed to send a sweeping blast of mana across the battlefield in Weena's direction. The original of the two staggered back but retained enough control to start a powerful downdraft that smacked Weena No. 2 hard into the recently rearranged earth. Clods of freshly turned soil flew everywhere.

Risa took a chance and leaped right as Weena No. 2 shot into the air of his own accord. Moving with an assassin's speed, the young Called warrior was still slower than the manabender clone--but, fortunately, she didn't have to match him. She was just barely equal to the task, but one of her daggers caught its leg and scored a long cut down its calf. "Yesss!" she whispered as she fell back to earth, landing like a cat to minimize the shock of impact on her body. Straightening, she called up to the clone, "Weena's right. When I found him, he wasn't dead--just mostly dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead."

"Why exactly did you say that?" Weena inquired in the moment's pause while all three fighters reoriented themselves.

"Not everything I've been learning from Juli makes obvious sense," the ex-assassin replied calmly.

High above them, the clone gritted its teeth and redoubled its shields. It seems the girl is fast, it noted mentally. I'll have to be more careful now.

The battle was just beginning.
Juliana
Juliana
Storyteller!

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Felix was holding a Rusted Holographic GPS system and was Following The Blinking Red Dot, Labelled Hunter.
"Urgent information recieved" TAI Said through the Speakers of The GPS.
"Whats up?" Felix pondered.
"My sensors detect Several Clouds, Followed By Outerspace and several Planets, some of which are-" TAI Began, Until Felix cut it off, By saying;
"No, No. I mean whats the Urgent information?" Felix Told TAI, Almost facepalming.
"Large quantites Of Dread energies Appear to be coming from Soul Cave" TAI Responded.
Soul cave was where Felix Found the parts to make the Titanios, And effectively TAI as well.
"What!?" Felix shouted, shocked. "Didn't we clear that place out?" Felix asked.
"Negative" TAI Replied, bluntly.
"Well then, beam me up." Felix ordered.

Once inside the ship, Felix Bolted to the hangar, past the shiny silver walls, narrowly missing crashing into a cleaner bot, and climbing 4 Flights of stairs, He was there.
"Okay, I'm taking Manual Control, shut off autopilot now." TAI did as it was ordered and soon, Felix was in full control.
"Right, I'm gonna have to do this myself, not to be seen, Or else we've got a problem."
Felix Directed the ship, Monouvering through several Mountains at a relatively fast speed, and soon, he was Hovering above soul cave.
"Kay, TAI, I'm going To teleport down, Give me an analysis when anything new pops up" And with that, Felix was gone.

Felix instantly Appeared at the entrance of the Cave, and opened his eyes to survey The entrance. He could see several Large Plates of metal, which he discarded for being too thin, weak, or even the wrong Type of metal. After Clambering under, over and everything in between through the Pile of rubbish, Felix arrived inside the cave, He saw some empty Gas Bottles, And some full ones, but he didn't need them anymore, as he made the engine able to create energy from its own heat, and anything else around it emitting heat able to be reached. Felix Put out his Hand and summoned a medium size flame to lighten the room.
"That's new.." Felix began as he saw another cave hall.* Felix entered The Cave hall and when he reached the end of there was a Very old, rotting door. It had ornate silver door knobs apart from that, it was pretty regular.
"TAI," Felix began to say Through his Microphone. "Is the dread energy coming from behind this door?" Felix asked.
"Affirmative." TAI answered, "however, once you enter, I'll lose all radio contact."
"What!? Ah, what the heck." And Felix entered.

Last edited by Felix on Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Felix
Felix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:50 pm

Risa's certainly proved herself to be a worthy ally, Weena thought as he braced himself for his clone's attack. But then again, she is after all a Greater Called Warrior, and it's not as though she hasn't proven herself countless times before. Seemingly as though he read Weena's mind, Weena No.2 chose the moment the original Weena finished his thought to come flying down. He glowed an even brighter blue, and the air itself seemed to ignite from the immense energy he was releasing. Given barely a split second to react, Weena was seemingly hit full on by the attack. Dirt sprayed into the air, and the ground shook from the resounding shockwave. As the dust cleared (the impact somehow forced the water particles out of the mud) the scene, a lone figure stood in the centre of the crater, the blue glow around him slowly decreasing as the rest of the energy he had summoned for the attack dissipated. 
For a moment Weena No.2 thought he'd won, until he was painfully reminded of Risa's prescence, her well-aimed kick smacking into his back. Weena No.2's back arched in seeming slow motion while his left arm swung around, directing a blast of mana at the spot where Risa would've been I'd she hadn't used the force of the kick to jump back, out of harms way. 
Continuing on with the anti-clockwise spinning movement (both Weenas seem to have a habit of doing that), Weena No.2 pushed his right arm to the muddy ground, flipping himself back upright with a cartwheel. He unsheathed his own copy of Weena's original sword, sending a pulse of mana through it for added offensive and defensive capabilities. For a moment he stood still, suddenly alone in the pouring rain, before suddenly spinning around at lethal speed, slashing in a wide arc. Weena, who had just melted out of the shadows with his own sword in his hands, was forced to quickly shove his sword into the ground, a strengthened coating of dirt speeding over it, reinforcing the blade against the fury of Weena No.2's enchanted strike. Even with the protection, Weena could feel the vibrations of the attack shudder their way through his sword after he'd pulled it from the ground and jumped back out of harms way.
"What I don't understand, though, is why you haven't given up yet," Weena No.2 chose that moment to start a small conversation.
"Well," Weena responded, "To be really honest, I want that enchanted hood back. I can't live with all this rain drenching my head all over. And maybe I could enchant my cape, too, while I'm at it."
"Hah!" Weena No.2 laughed. "You really are losing it! First of all I beat you down mentally, and not long after that, I beat you down physically, coming so close to killing you and freeing myself permanently. And still all you can think of is a mere enchanted hood. I make myself feel even more disgusted at the fact I spent a large portion of my life stuck inside of you."
"Aw, come on. Lighten up," Weena teased. "You didn't seem to mind my jokes and twisted sense of reality until recently."
"Well let's just say you were very naughty in what kind of energy you absorbed. One particular source happened to stir me from me sleep, and I decided that having every aspect of me being controlled by a novice was just sad. I mean, for the last Guardian of The Balance in existence, you'd expect some more ski-"
"Wait, what?" Weena interrupted. "Did you just mention Guardians of The Balance? What's that?"
"Oh, nothing. I tend to go over the edge while gloating. Anyway, it's unimportant. Now get out of my way before I destroy you. I have... worlds to conquer."
Weena pointed his sword at his other self, igniting it with fire. "You won't be conquering any worlds today."
"Ah, and so begins the fun part. Are you sure you're not going to wimp out, then come back some time later, like you did two times before?"
"Well technically the second time I was suffering a fatal injury. Which I still haven't gotten you back for."
"Are you sure this time you won't suffer another fatal injury? And I'll make sure your friend won't be around to heal you again, I assure you."
"Try me."
With that they rushed into battle, their swords a blur as they met for what Weena knew to be the final time. And as he parried a slice to the head, Weena couldn't help but think of the interesting conversations he could casually have with his mortal enemies.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next