[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

TRE: How to play?

3 posters

Go down

TRE: How to play? Empty TRE: How to play?

Post by Xusha Mon May 30, 2011 10:16 pm

~ ° TR: Evolved ° ~
Operation: La Révolution

Purpose:

The sake of understanding of the game by members used to a standard role-play, which would be difficult to conceive the difference between a role-play on paper, and role-play on the computer, and for insight to the upcoming TRE. Here are some helpful explanations to follow.

I. The difference

The major difference between the role-play by forum, and role-play on paper (also called 'on-table') is that the actions, descriptions, thoughts of the characters, and so on, are romanticized and not made orally, as is the case for a paper role-play. Writing the game is slower but ultimately more complete.

II. What about TRE?

If the objective of role-play on-table is to create a story together, then naturally the objective of role-play on a forum is to write a story as well! Together with the strict rules and guidelines set, the action is experienced differently, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

Therefore, TRE is delighted to announce that we'll follow the same organization that a role-play would on the table:

- Maps (possibly), detailed rules for possible actions, as well as the grip of the game.
- A Master of the Game that will anticipate and create quests that take place around one or more player characters, acting according to them to achieve their goal. (Ex: Peregrine, Xusha)
- Non-player characters that the GM may have to play. They have no order, and only the GM can create them, and they are there to help you in your purchases, (Ex: Merchant, Doctor) , serve for combat purposes, (Ex: Goblin, Vampire) or for other, various needs, (Ex: Innkeeper, King).
- Realistic characters, without the ability to 'god-mod'.
- Rotation based posting (Possibly. This has worked before, and secures each person a time and place to post.)

III. Difficulty

This role-play style has already confused those I've shared with on the forum => Hence the inevitable difficulty for some members to develop this concept and to differentiate the two.
Sometimes there is conflict, which will be dealt with on an individual basis. Do not argue with one another, but message a Moderator/Administrator.

Forum role-play is a very 'easy' concept on the web and many players are accustomed to their personal ways of role-playing. If you need any additional help, there will be more tutorials written in the future.

Future Links. Check back often!

=> What is a round?
=> Transportation?
=> How can I earn experience points?
=> What can I use my gold on?
=> What about the inventory system?
=> TRE Rules?
=> What sorts of beasts could I run into?
=> Example Races, Classes
=> TR: Evolved

IV. Closure

It is serious that we, the administrators and moderators, make contact with players to help in the procedure without restricting their creative choices.

However... We're here to explain, not to comply.
TRE will have its rules, as it was built with thought and passion.

=> Understand that we can not bend us directly to request the presentiment of a new member, with whom we have never had contact and we're unsure of future intentions, much less the continuation of his play on the site.
Let's meet, discuss and plan, but you will be warned that the site at their bases and which will move with difficulty.

=> New concepts, classes, and the sort may be added for your enjoyment, however, such a concept may be rare. This is no disrespect to you, only respect for a job we want done well.

Last edited by Xusha on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Xusha
Xusha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Zard : TRE: How to play? 3359xqb
Number of posts : 1130
User Points : 427876

Back to top Go down

TRE: How to play? Empty Re: TRE: How to play?

Post by Tim Hortans Tue May 31, 2011 1:45 am

This sounds so awesome. So it's going to be a written roleplay that uses table top mechanics? Or did I understand that wrong?
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Zard : TRE: How to play? Whitecc
Number of posts : 3156
User Points : 228751

Back to top Go down

Post by Xusha Tue May 31, 2011 7:24 am

Yes. If you've any questions, or concerns, this is the place to post them. Much is to be announced, but making progress is rather difficult. If I get around to making a map, then I'll be able to make different sections for each individual territory/section.
Xusha
Xusha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Tue May 31, 2011 7:45 am

... me gusta.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Zard : TRE: How to play? M9vzwh
Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045517

Back to top Go down

Post by Xusha Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:59 am

Currently working on the links.
Xusha
Xusha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down