[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion

+9
Xusha
Tom Gaskarth
V
Cial
DigDog
Erik
Darre
Tim Hortans
Snukems
13 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion

Post by DigDog Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:22 am

You can have the best internals ever, if the GUI sucks then you won't sell it.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Number of posts : 3197
User Points : 144122

Back to top Go down

Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion

Post by Tim Hortans Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:29 am

Didn't you say this was open source? Why dont you just show us the code?
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Zard : Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 5 Whitecc
Number of posts : 3156
User Points : 228773

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:39 am

The Falco Project manages some open source parts of Ekunia Eagle. Ekunia Eagle is for the most part proprietary though.

The Falco Project has two main components. Tracy and Shoal (earlier called Eagle Audio or something) are their names.

I'll find some code to show. Thanks for the idea, Tim!

And Dig, the GUI won't suck.

I'm going to just go get to work on the open source components since OH GOD I HAVEN'T WORKED ON THEM YET.

I'm going to just promise right now that I'll have some source right in this topic by the time of the next Ekunia Eagle DevNote. (Sunday next week)
Snukems
Snukems
All your clans are belong to us.

Number of posts : 691
User Points : 19163

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Nuke wrote:And Dig, the GUI won't suck.
I never said that. You said the GUI isn't important. I said that is not correct. Where did I say it will suck?
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:23 pm

The only people who don't care about GUI's are Dwarf Fortress players. And guess what, they're a minority of gamers.

ARE YOU MAKING A MINORITY PRODUCT?
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Zard : Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 5 Defaultpet
Number of posts : 420
User Points : 27047

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:37 pm

I bet if DF cost money nobody would play it.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:59 pm

People pay money for Minecraft, and DF is miles ahead of THAT in terms of game content.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Zard : Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 5 Defaultpet

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:44 pm

Didn't we just establish that game content is nothing without a proper gui?

At least when it comes to selling a product to a bigger audience, aka making profit.

Minecraft is a bad comparision anyway since people don't pay for the ''game'' content but for the sandbox features. It's basically 3D paint.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:04 pm

True, although I think if DF ever went pay-to-play Toady would make quite some money on it. It's donation-only right now but he's pretty much able to live off of it. For the hell of it, here's some numbers of how much he made off of DF by donations before the fabled DF2010 update.

2009: $32516.44
2008: $32318.46
2007: $19052.28

Then in 2010, DF2010 was released on April 1st. End result? That month he got 16104 bucks and 49 cents. In total he made 54k that year. Then again, donations aren't a good way to measure how much success a game would have if it went pay-to-play, since there's no real data on how much of these donations are from different people and how much is from those who donate more than once. The UI is on the to-do list, but that's after he has everything planned in the game. Which should be in a few decades.

BUT ENOUGH OF THIS TALK

I'm still waiting on some screenshot. Anything will do. Some code, a screenshot of a folder on whatever comp the data is on, some files being shown. Right now this product only exists in my mind, and it doubts if it's even real and this is just one elaborate trolling attempt. In before "THE COMPUTER DIED SORRY GUYS NO SCREENSHOTS FOR A FEW MORE MONTHS WHICH SHOULD BE ENOUGH TIME FOR ME TO COME UP WITH NEW EXCUSES".
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:21 pm

@Dig: You didn't, but what I meant was that the GUI isn't as important (or as work-intensive, really) as the internals because the internals are the big deal in the plan.

Also this is a free product and not really even a game so yeah can we ditch the DF talk?

I'll supply some source code soon enough, Leb.
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:50 pm

Alright.

I'm going to be on leave starting today and ending Sunday or Monday.

But never fear, a second developer is here! (About time I got one of those.)
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:05 pm

How come you suddenly start announcing your absences?
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:54 am

Too late DigDog he's already gone. Please forward all questions for Nuke to the new developer, whoever that is.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Zard : Peregrine's rock.
Number of posts : 2007
User Points : 750537

http://twitter.com/PerryPeregrine

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:27 am

Oh.

Because I felt like it.

Also, in the meantime, if I can link DevNotes:

http://ekunia.com/showthread.php?tid=3515 Basically, this is about the multi-language compiler that we've designed.
However, if you read the DevNote after that, we are having performance issues, particularly with our garbage collector in the VM/compiler, which is, for those who have not noticed by now, codenamed GPCORE or GPCore.
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Alright.

I'm actually making these on schedule now. Albeit sometimes a close call, or even after midnight (and therefore on Monday morning).

New DevNote's up. Check every week. Not there? Check again a day or two later. Complain to me.
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:51 am

Sorry guys but we won't be able to do the upcoming DevNote, and we might not be able to do the one after that, either.

Power issues at home. Currently on a netbook in Alabama.

UPDATE: Power is back up in my town, but I can't get home until Monday, so I'm still stuck unable to do much. However, I am currently posting a topic. It will be the "Ekunia Eagle Programming Philosophy".
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:03 pm

I've renovated Fusion (fmr. Eagle) plans a lot.

Next week will be some big news, if I remember to post it.

Discuss.
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:40 pm

For God's sake, a quadruple post? At least say bump.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Zard : Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 5 M9vzwh
Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045539

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:06 pm

Erik wrote:For God's sake, a quadruple post?  At least say bump.  
bump
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:10 am

Years too late. You will be banned immediately.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:04 am

No, don't!

I'm still waiting for that screenshot, after that's provided feel free to ban him as many times as you like for all I care.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:47 pm

I'm interested as well. Bring on the screenshot.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:02 pm

I actually posted a screenshot (although it was more a print/mockup of how it might look if anything) around that time in September on Ekunia, but it's out-of-date now, even though it should still be a valid basis of how it might look. Link to full image: http://ekunia.com/attachment.php?aid=56

Scaled-down image:

Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 5 Attachment
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:23 am

Nice MS paint skillz bro
-
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Zard : Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 5 2djta8i
Number of posts : 3457
User Points : 142313

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:39 am

Don't insult him, it's clearly 3D rendered.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5