[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion

+9
Xusha
Tom Gaskarth
V
Cial
DigDog
Erik
Darre
Tim Hortans
Snukems
13 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion

Post by Peregrine Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:26 am

>Implying implcations
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Zard : Peregrine's rock.
Number of posts : 2007
User Points : 750515

http://twitter.com/PerryPeregrine

Back to top Go down

Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion

Post by Cial Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:30 am

Okay, I took the liberty of going through Nuke's buzzwordy post and adding the flag: [BUZZWORD] in place of every buzzword.

Alright, so I should post some recent developments now.

I've expanded the team so that I don't have to deal with [BUZZWORD] anymore.

I'm considering a rewrite of my part, which is codenamed [BUZZWORD] and is what has been taking so much time. You already know about it: It's a [BUZZWORD] with graphics, audio, and [BUZZWORD] all in one language. However, I've decided to split the audio into a library for sanity's sake. There are also some other technologies under my wing, such as [BUZZWORD], which allows developers to utilize system resources for maximum speed with efficient [BUZZWORD]. Eagle Audio will be [BUZZWORD]. Also a chance for [BUZZWORD] to be [BUZZWORD], but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Zard : Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 4 2djta8i
Number of posts : 3457
User Points : 142291

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:39 am

Just because you don't know what a word means doesn't mean that it's a buzzword, Cial.

Alright, so now I'll explain how these are not buzzwords. I'll post later with that.
Snukems
Snukems
All your clans are belong to us.

Number of posts : 691
User Points : 19141

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:45 am

Can we get some screenshots first?
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Zard : Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 4 Defaultpet
Number of posts : 420
User Points : 27025

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:52 am

1. Networking - How is this a buzzword at all? It's a word within the community of developers. It means Internet-related activities, generally, although it can refer to other things.

2. GPCORE - This is not a word at all. Therefore, it does not qualify as a buzzword. It is a name for a component in Ekunia Eagle. If this is a buzzword, then Nvidia's "Kepler" and "Fermi" GPUs are named with buzzwords. As well, CUDA, their GPGPU language, would be a buzzword. Hell, nuke would be a buzzword. Also, GPCORE obviously stands for something. I'LL JUST LET YOU GUESS THAT.

3. Compiler - This is a program that makes source code convert into either assembly code (for assembling in real time) as in the case of GPCORE with JIT technologies or converting into the more familiar to you guys BINARY CODE which is usable to execute. As well, a compiler contains an assembler to actually use the assembly code. Go to any programmer who knows what he's doing and he'll say this, maybe not exactly as I said it, but he'll say it.

4. GPGPU - This is when you use graphics cards to perform duties not related to graphics. Physics is a common use of GPGPU technology. "General Purpose computing on Graphics Processing Units"

5. ULTICORE - See GPCORE. This may not stand for anything like GPCORE, but it is similar in its non-buzzword nature.

6. Parallelism - This is when you utilize more than one core for the execution of a program.

7. Open source - This is when you distribute the source code of a program to the masses and allow editing, usually under certain conditions (i.e., similar licensing, giving credit).

I'll get to those screenshots ASAP Leb. Are you fine with it if I just send a rough (and bad) drawing, though? I haven't really programmed the UI, just internals. (Buzzword is a buzzword and now I know why. People like Cial think that it's any word that isn't bothered to be looked up.)
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Gaskarth Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:23 am

Shut up Nuke.
Tom Gaskarth
Tom Gaskarth
Tumbleweed
Tumbleweed

Zard : Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 4 2pt1bvm
Number of posts : 1991
User Points : 86264

http://twitter.com/IFlyDragons

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:24 am

Shut up Tom. You're not making any points.

(By the way, guys, if you don't understand any given word that I say, asking what it means is A-OKAY. Just don't go say "Must be a buzzword! **** YOU NUKE!")
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:33 am

Guys, stay on topic.

I think Peregrine's Rock is very cute.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Zard : Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 4 M9vzwh
Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045517

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:37 am

Now that's funny.
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:57 am

Nuke is so mad it's not even funny.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:07 am

Not at all.

Cial just doesn't accept that he's a moron.

Cial is also going to cry himself to sleep with the thought that I'm the intellectual here.
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:14 am

HEY EVERYBODY I CAME UP WITH A FUN GAME!

I call it: NUKE-LIBS! See, all you have to do is take one of Nuke's posts where he tries to sound smart, then take out all the words he made up, then add other computer jargon to make it look like you're doing something with your hipster OS!

I'll start:

Alright, so I should post some recent developments now.

I've expanded the team so that I don't have to deal with HTML anymore.

I'm considering a rewrite of my part, which is codenamed TITAN and is what has been taking so much time. You already know about it: It's an OPERATING SYSTEM with graphics, audio, and BBCODE all in one language. However, I've decided to split the audio into a library for sanity's sake. There are also some other technologies under my wing, such as RAM, which allows developers to utilize system resources for maximum speed with efficient PROCESSORS. Eagle Audio will be MICROCHIP. Also a chance for RAM to be DOWNLOADABLE, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:00 am

Leb wrote:Can we get some screenshots first?
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Number of posts : 3197
User Points : 144100

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Gaskarth Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:36 am

Cial wrote:Nuke is so mad it's not even funny.
Tom Gaskarth
Tom Gaskarth
Tumbleweed
Tumbleweed

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:40 am

Get out of my topic, Cial (and Tom). You're not helping anything. You're not asking questions. You're just senselessly bashing me and my company. Now you have options:

1. Shut up and stop posting in this topic.
2. Be constructive / Give advice.
3. Ask questions.

I doubt you'll go with them, though. You'll probably just keep spamming. Also, it's not like I haven't tried to get a copy of Windows. I just don't want to pirate it.

"I'll get to those screenshots ASAP Leb. Are you fine with it if I just send a rough (and bad) drawing, though? I haven't really programmed the UI, just internals."

I had a fake screenshot until Rene deleted it. It was more of how you make a print before you make a theme though. Just to have an image to base your product on. Is it fine if I just send this? Note that things are prone to change and have changed since this was made AS YOU CAN NOTE.

Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 4 Attachment
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:20 am

We want screenshots of stuff that's real, not crappy drawings. Screenshots, screenshots, screenshots!
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Zard : Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 4 Defaultpet
Number of posts : 420
User Points : 27025

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:38 pm

I like how you asked us if it was fine to send it.

Nuke, are you registered as a company? Because your mother's basement is probably not a legal site to run one at.

Last edited by Erik on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Gaskarth Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:26 pm

Leb wrote:We want screenshots of stuff that's real, not crappy drawings. Screenshots, screenshots, screenshots!
Tom Gaskarth
Tom Gaskarth
Tumbleweed
Tumbleweed

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:06 am

Erik wrote:Dig, are you registered as a company? Because your mother's basement is probably not a legal site to run one at.
...Dig?
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Number of posts : 3197
User Points : 144100

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:37 am

You mean you're not the owner of Ekunia?

I thought Nuke was just your right hand man.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Zard : Peregrine's rock.
Number of posts : 2007
User Points : 750515

http://twitter.com/PerryPeregrine

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:09 am

DigDog wrote:
Erik wrote:Dig, are you registered as a company? Because your mother's basement is probably not a legal site to run one at.
...Dig?

MY BAD I MEANT NUKE.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by V Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:44 am

modpost
{

This is boarderline flaming so we're going to stop. Any further posts should be constructive discussion on Nuke's projects and any further arguing/bashing should be taken to PM. If you enjoy the romanticism of Nuke's sci-fi shenanigans, why not write a fanfiction about it in the writing gallery?

}

This is fine:

DigDog wrote:
Leb wrote:Can we get some screenshots first?
Snukems wrote:
I had a fake screenshot until Rene deleted it. It was more of how you make a print before you make a theme though. Just to have an image to base your product on. Is it fine if I just send this? Note that things are prone to change and have changed since this was made AS YOU CAN NOTE.

Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 4 Attachment

This is not:

Cial wrote:HEY EVERYBODY I CAME UP WITH A FUN GAME!
Tom Gaskarth wrote:Shut up Nuke.
Snukems wrote:Shut up Tom. You're not making any points.
etc
V
V
agina

Number of posts : 3752
User Points : 10237693

http://www.trforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:40 am

wow V i didnt know you were so good at coding
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Zard : Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 4 Whitecc
Number of posts : 3156
User Points : 228751

Back to top Go down

Post by V Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:53 am

the sky is the limit
V
V
agina

Number of posts : 3752
User Points : 10237693

http://www.trforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:00 am

Thanks V.

Guys, like I said, I haven't programmed the GUI yet. I could, but I'm just doing internals first. Besides, the GUI isn't really the important part. The internals are the important parts.
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next