[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

You just can't make this stuff up

+6
Xusha
Leb
V
Erik
Cial
DigDog
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

You just can't make this stuff up - Page 2 Empty Re: You just can't make this stuff up

Post by DigDog Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:11 am

Man Phoned 911 to Complain Deli Got His Sandwich Order Wrong

After the Greatful Deli in East Hartford, Connecticut, got his sandwich order wrong, local man Rother McLennon didn't get mad — he got on the phone and called 911.

"You're calling 911 because you don't like way that they're making your sandwich?" the flabbergasted dispatcher asked McLennon after he complained that the deli botched his request for "little turkey and little ham, a lot of cheese and a lot of mayonnaise."

He went on to explain that the person behind the counter was refusing to fix the sandwiches that a different employee made. "Her sister made it, but she left," he said. "They are playing games with me, so I was just wondering if you could come by."

The dispatcher politely turned down McLennon's request to intervene, but did leave him with some sound advice: "In the future, just don‘t buy the sandwich."

No charges were filed against him.

Tila Azinheira, who owns the Greatful Deli, told the local NBC affiliate that McLennon ordered 14 custom sandwiches and was told they could not be returned because they were special orders.

She said McLennon called the shop yesterday and apologized.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Number of posts : 3197
User Points : 144122

Back to top Go down

You just can't make this stuff up - Page 2 Empty Re: You just can't make this stuff up

Post by DigDog Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:37 am

Burglar Cuts Self on Glass Breaking Into Home, Dies

A bizarre story out of northern Vermont began to unfold Wednesday night after police were alerted to a man found dead inside the kitchen of an unoccupied house in Burke.

Authorities say the man, identified as 73-year-old Duwayne Masure of Sutton, broke into the home and was preparing to burglarize it, but didn't get very far. Masure cut himself on glass shards while climbing in through the back window and subsequently bled to death.

The investigation is said to be ongoing which is good, because I have more than a couple of questions.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:37 am

i swear to god one day i'll be on the news with a dumbass story like that.
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Zard : You just can't make this stuff up - Page 2 Whitecc
Number of posts : 3156
User Points : 228773

Back to top Go down

Post by V Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:48 am

Since Dig isn't citing any sources, I like to think he has a journal where he writes up ridiculous stories :3
V
V
agina

Zard : You just can't make this stuff up - Page 2 2pt1bvm
Number of posts : 3752
User Points : 10237715

http://www.trforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:26 am

:3c
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:42 pm

I wish I was imaginative like that but all I am able to is copypaste.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by V Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:59 am

3/10
V
V
agina

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:26 am

You just can't make this stuff up - Page 2 QQFb5
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:54 am

Man Charged with Felony Assault with a Dangerous Weapon for Throwing McDonald’s French Fries in Stepdaughter’s Face

Police arrested a Massachusetts man for allegedly assaulting his stepdaughter with a dangerous weapon. His weapon of choice? A batch of McDonald's French fries.

According to a Lowell Police Department report, 26-year-old James Hackett, his wife, and his wife's 11-year-old daughter had just picked up their drive-thru order when the two adults began fighting over money.

When the little girl attempted to interject and put an end to their argument, Hackett allegedly threw a container of French fires in her face. Police note that, while the girl did not suffer injuries, "the heat of the oil could cause burning to skin and eyes."

Hackett has since made a court appearance, during which he pleaded not guilty to the charges. Hackett will be back in court August 10th for a pretrail conference. In the meantime, he has been ordered to keep away from his stepdaughter.

DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:01 am

Man in Stand-Off with Police Demands to Marry Paris Hilton

A SWAT team called to extract a disorderly man who had barricaded himself inside a hotel room in Belmont, North Carolina, was met with some unusual demands.

61-year-old Fredrick Denney threatened to open fire on officers if he wasn't promptly supplied with a pizza. Additionally, he told negotiators he wanted to marry Paris Hilton.

The entire second floor of the Hampton Inn was shut down as authorities attempted to talk Denney out of the room for several hours, but to no avail. He was ultimately pepper sprayed and arrested.

Police records show Denney, who is originally from Oregon, has clashed with SWAT teams across multiple states.

He was formally charged with being "intoxicated and disorderly" and is currently undergoing a psychological evaluation.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:05 pm

Here's a nice link for those who are unaware of just what people who work with computers have to deal with.

http://thedailywtf.com/

There's stories of woe from coding to unsavvy people working with computers and of course the usual customer complaint stories. And some horror stories revolving around creating whole new computer hierarchy systems or whatever you want to call 'em.

Here's one that made me mutter "Oh my goooood." just now.

As the net admin for a small municipality, I don't get to do front-line support much anymore, but a few years ago, I fielded one that was rather bizarre. A user called complaining about distortion on her CRT... it looked all... "melted". Their office was just down the hall so I went over and sure enough, the display was badly mangled. Degaussing didn't help. Then I noticed a foot-long fluorescent light affixed to the bottom of the metal shelf above the monitor.

"Has that always been there?" I asked her. "Yes, she replied, but I just moved the computer here, it used to be over there..."

Do fluorescent light ballasts create much magnetic interference? I wasn't sure. Then I noticed the top of the shelf didn't have any bolts or screws through it. How was that light affixed? I gave it a tug. Then a firmer one. With a grunt, I managed to finally pull it free from the shelf-bottom... to find its base was a foot long industrial magnet.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Zard : You just can't make this stuff up - Page 2 Defaultpet
Number of posts : 420
User Points : 27047

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:05 pm

Woman Accidentally Bakes Family’s Entire Life Savings After Husband Hides It in the Oven

A woman in Sydney who was preparing food for her two daughters unwittingly destroyed $15,000 worth of Australian dollars her husband had placed in the oven for safekeeping.

After selling his Toyota Supra, the man hid his profits in the oven expecting it would be safe from harm since his wife seldom baked. Unfortunately, his plan backfired when his wife decided to heat up some chicken nuggets for their kids, and all the plastic money promptly melted.

"It was everything I had," the unidentified husband told ninemsn. "I've got nothing to my name. That money was supposed to go towards my mortgage."

He attempted to convince the bank to accept the cash as-is, but was turned away. "I was quite insulted. I asked her to send it to the [Reserve Bank of Australia], I told her 'please it's all I got' but she didn't want to," he said.

But all is not lost: After a phone call from ninemsn, the bank had a sudden change of heart and issued an apology, saying it will do whatever it can "within the guidelines" to help recover as much money as possible.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:27 am

I'll link you to an article later since I have to go right now, but Chick-Fil-A just commented that they are indeed "Anti-gay".

Discuss.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Zard : You just can't make this stuff up - Page 2 M9vzwh
Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045539

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:08 am

Looks like nobody is interested.

On to more hilarious news.

THIS JUST IN:

Man Says Penis Robbers Made Away with His Member

The resident of a small village near the eastern Chinese city of Wenling claims he was asleep in bed when a posse of robbers broke into his home and stole his penis.

"They put something over my head and pulled down my trousers and then they ran off," 41-year-old Fei Lin is quoted as saying. "I was so shocked I didn't feel a thing-then I saw I was bleeding and my penis was gone."

Though police have no suspects currently in custody, their working theory is that the man was assaulted by a group of cuckolded men who suspected the villager was having an affair with their wives.

A search for the missing member came up empty; police believe it is still in the hands of the assailants.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by V Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:04 am

>Wenling

lol

Seriously though, that's why you always sleep with a pillow under your knife.
V
V
agina

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:08 am

I sleep with a gun under my knife.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:55 am

woudlnt that be uncomfortable
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:01 am

My gun IS a knife.

In other news, hilarity.

Until recently, my fortress had been a happy, bright town of happiness and rainbows. There was usually plenty of booze, construction continued day and night for the well being of the fortress, and not a single dwarf was below Very Happy in mood. Everything was going according to plan.

Then the goblins showed up in an ambush. I wasn't quite prepared, and the goblins managed to kill one or two dwarves before a timely dwarven caravan saved me from inside the depot. The Goblins were vanquished.

Unfortunately, their reign of terror took a toll on one member of my fort, a young dwarfette who happened to be pregnant. After seeing her friend, one of the poor military dwarves who died, die, she was unhappy enough to have a miscarrage. It was very sad.

What was even sadder, and significantly more horrific, is what happened next. Miss Dwarfette, hereforth referred to as Casey McAnthony, was nursing another baby, a five-month old dwarfette named Litast, and only child after the miscarrage. And she was taken by a fell mood.

CASEY MCANTHONY LOOSES A LAUGH, FELL AND TERRIBLE!

Commence me being... just confused. I didn't realize at this point she was carrying a baby. I didn't realize she would go for the nearest member of the fort. In fact, I was afraid she would go after someone useful, like my miner casually passing by on his way to the dining hall.

All of the sudden, she was working on the artifact. I looked in the workshop and saw Litast's name. I didn't know who that was (I don't keep tabs on individuals) so I decided to check who it was. Maybe I got lucky and she murderificated a vampire before it could do harm. Those kind of events were commonplace in fortresses of mine (I'm incredibly lucky).

NOPE. IT WAS HER [EXPLETIVE REDACTED] FIVE MONTH OLD DAUGHTER.

SHE KILLED HER DAUGHTER AND TURNED HER INTO A PICK. A GODDAMN PICK. WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Dear Urist, Please don't build your physics defying artifacts out of your children. It's wrong.

And as if that wasn't terrible enough, she named the Artifact "The Suffering of Genius".

What the [EXPLETIVE REDACTED] lady!?

No seriously, The woman not only murdered her own daughter, but named the artifact in such a way that it could only be interpreted in two ways: She's heartless and only sees her babies death as her own suffering for her "genius", or belives her baby was so damn smart that she couldn't "suffer" anymore and had to be made into the one tool most likely to get dropped into magma.

Does this kind of [EXPLETIVE REDACTED] happen with every fell mood?!
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsebi Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:20 am

It's my birthday today.
Mrsebi
Mrsebi
In Your Head

Zard : You just can't make this stuff up - Page 2 Pinkxs
Number of posts : 2166
User Points : 74944

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:48 am

A recently restored section of the Great Wall of China has collapsed, prompting much soul-searching as to how modern Chinese construction techniques could not keep standing for 2 decades what had previously stood for centuries.

The collapse occurred on 36m section of the Great Wall running through Hebei province suddenly one morning, shaking the adjacent town.

The section in question reportedly underwent major restoration work in 1995, and upon its completion in 1996 it was hailed as “returning the wall to its traditional splendour.”

Local authorities have acknowledged it was the restored section which fell down, blaming heavy rains for weakening its foundations and causing structural weaknesses.

However, with the adjoining unrestored sections completely intact even after centuries, a certain amount of scepticism has attached to the quality of both their workmanship and ongoing oversight.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:39 am

Ahaha, wow.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:55 am

Hey Tim, here's something for you:

http://foodbeast.com/content/2013/01/03/this-taiwanese-mcdonalds-is-run-by-maids-that-refer-to-customers-as-masters/
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:29 pm

>pink maid outfits
>mcdonalds

disgusting
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2