[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Upcoming anime/YOU REALLY SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW.

+5
Walt
V
Tim Hortans
Erik
Leb
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Upcoming anime/YOU REALLY SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW. - Page 3 Empty Re: Upcoming anime/YOU REALLY SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW.

Post by Cial Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:35 am

Tim Hortans wrote:w.e u know my name not my story -_-

Errbody needs to be settling down now
~Erik
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Zard : Upcoming anime/YOU REALLY SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW. - Page 3 2djta8i
Number of posts : 3457
User Points : 142291

Back to top Go down

Upcoming anime/YOU REALLY SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW. - Page 3 Empty Re: Upcoming anime/YOU REALLY SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW.

Post by Leb Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:52 am

Okay Tim, I'm sure you've been waiting for these words.

AKB0048 isn't that bad. It's well animated, and the character cast that's been introduced so far hasn't been unbearable, et ce te ra. I had to shut off my brain though and just watch it as a show meant to entertain like Horizon, although AKB's pretty different on it's content(and despite it's crazy way to tell it, Horizon actually has a plot(more of a plot than AKB has stated so far, I mean)).

Only two episodes in though, but I made it through a lot better now. I guess I'll watch the whole series now just to see what all the fuzz is about. Maybe I will even be entertained.

Last edited by Leb on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Zard : Upcoming anime/YOU REALLY SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW. - Page 3 Defaultpet
Number of posts : 420
User Points : 27025

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:10 am

Woohoo!!!

AKB Does actually have a plot, and a few subplots as well. Hopefully theyre more explored in s2.
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Zard : Upcoming anime/YOU REALLY SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW. - Page 3 Whitecc
Number of posts : 3156
User Points : 228751

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:07 am

I finally got one legit complaint about AKB0048.
The CG sometimes looks really out of place compared to the rest of the show, to the point that you'd think they are showing you footage of some Idolmaster game.

In other news... Dog Days is pretty kawaii and a brainless series to check out and enjoy.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:33 am

yea aeweactually i agree 100% the CG is really out of plcae and annoyed me a bit. you sorta get used to it i guess. its not TOO much so its ok imo
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:02 pm

So, here we are again, wasting our days watching anime.
Except I haven't watched anything in months, except for Legend of Galactic Heroes(I totally understand why they say it's a series any self-respecting anime fan should see, great stuff(although the sub quality is hilariously bad at times)).

What's the verdict on current series? I got Kotoura-san tagged to check out in the future, but I can't really remember anything else that's airing right now that's new and maybe worth adding to my annoyingly long backlog.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:12 pm

AKB Next stage is 10 times better than expected
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is one of the best animes i've ever watched
OreShura is probably the worst show i picked up. It's getting really boring.
Sakurasou is even better than before.
Sasami-San@Ganbaranai is really cool, really weird and i love it.
Shinsekai Yori gives me headaches cuz its so confuses
Tamako Market is cute
Vivdred Operation ASS ASS ASS ASS ASS ASS ASS ASS ASS ASS ASS ASS
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:18 pm

This should please Tim in more ways than one.

Surprising no-one, KyoAni’s hit moeblob Chuunibyou demo Koi Shitai is returning for its second season, marking a return to familiar territory.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:50 am

hey cool! maybe this time thEY'LL KISS
just kidding its kyoani

finished sakurasou today! it was alright, and the ending was pretty good.

AKB0048 is finishing today.......... (i cried)

ALSO shinsekai yori was amazing. the middle episodes were a huge borefest at some point but 19 onwards was insanely good and the ending was pERFECT! if you didnt pick it up, do it.
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Walt Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:42 am

Shinsekai Yori was amazing. One of the best I've seen in a long while. I also finished Robotics;Notes. It was average.

What are you guys watching in the spring? I have a long PTW but I am excited for Attack on Titan and Suisei no Gargantia the most. Also, I can't wait for the Steins;Gate movie. It looks amazing.
Walt
Walt
FireAnt

Number of posts : 632
User Points : 148646

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:03 am

I'm gonna check out at least Shingeki and Gargantia, Shingeki to see how well it stands up to the manga(although I dread the ANIME ORIGINAL ENDING that we surely will get).

In other news, the guy who wrote Sword Arts Online(or was it Art) and Accel World recently showed up in some con in the West and answered some questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBuVmRXw44s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k27GI_tHbnA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r7j3NnmHOk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffg5elTtuXwu

No translated QA yet, but here are a few highlights that I found entertaining enough, and MAYBE enough to forgive him for the travesty that is SAO(or at least spawning the fanbase which treat it as the Twilight of anime). Accel World was pretty decent, after all.

He refused to confirm that AW is connected to SAO or anything about Kuroyukihime possibly being Kirito/Asuna's daughter. Actually he flat-out said it's unlikely and if there's going to be anything tying the two series together, it'd be his third series.

>is SAO:Prog gonna replace the original SAO

i think he said it was in a way. He is doing it to add more depth and revisiting the story with more knowledge of MMO's, since he kind of admitted that he was not that experienced with them when he first wrote SAO.

Memory is a bit faulty though, so don't quote me on that. I just remember him saying that he prefers Haru over Kirito.

Yeah, he said Haruyuki is the better protagonist because Kirito is too perfect and he kind of regrets it, but it's too late to change that.

He blinks a lot when he thinks and he regrets writing 16.5 and wants everyone to forget about it.

Yeah, he did write it. He said it was because he wanted to explore what teens would do if trapped in a virtual world for two years, but now he regrets that he chose to write the chapter itself.

I remember when the question was asked, the entire room burst into a short laugh, while Kawahara looked really embarassed. The translator had no idea what was going on.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Icey Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:05 am

FlCl is really trippy but oddly addicting, also K-On is a pointless yet great anime.
Icey
Icey
Ron Swanson

Zard : Upcoming anime/YOU REALLY SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW. - Page 3 M9vzwh
Number of posts : 2553
User Points : 127992

http://icewolf-king.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:21 am

k-on is cute!
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:21 pm

I really, really, REALLY hate the fansubbers sometimes.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:32 am

Your fault for choosing GG over Evetaku
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:23 pm

Only Commie and gg subs were available yesterday around the time I was screwing about. Should probably check out the first ep and see how they did.

EDIT: Gargantia looks pretty good so far. I just know at some point, ALL THE HORRIBLE THINGS WILL HAPPEN though because we can't have nice things.

Shingeki looks a decent adaptation too, although to nitpick, I don't think the titans should be shaking the earth like that when they walk since their bodies are supposed to be really really light for some mysterious reason. Guess it's just to show off them being huge terrors of humanity.

ALSO I DID MANAGE TO PICK THE SUBS WHERE THEY'RE CALLED EOTENS. GOD DAMN THE SERIES HAS "Attack On Titan" ON IT WHY WOULD YOU CALL THEM EOTENS?
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:59 am

HAHAHAH im still not started on this season cuz im so far behind on everything idk
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:44 pm

So Medaka Box really had it's final chapter this week.
Huh. Sort of an odd direction they took with the series, what with the arc before this one being what it was, and so on.

I guess the people saying the anime not selling that well/not boosting the manga sales being the reason for the manga to end were right.

But now, let us ask our expert on all matters important, Tim. What's the hottest hot lately in the world of Chinese cartoons?
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:04 am

TBH I am still far behind but working on it. Gotta finish sasami-san, vividred and tamako market now.

from what i can gather, shingeki no kyojin looks pretty cool. then theres the stock fanservice animes we all know an love (hentai ouji no warawani neko and photo kano mostly)

also eva 3.33 is out on BD now. UTW is working on subs and are aiming for a release before the weekend.
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Altera Wed May 08, 2013 4:39 am

I'm looking forward to "Ghost In The Shell: Arise"
Altera
Altera
Crazy Awesome

Number of posts : 5783
User Points : 90209

http://argentis.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Fri May 17, 2013 7:21 pm

Apparently "Knights of Sidonia" or Sidonia no Kishi is getting an anime adaptation. After checking it out, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Tsutomu Nihei, the guy who made Blame! is behind it.

It's not really what Blame! was, since there's actual conversation and more than the MC walking through the desolate superstructure with only random humans and humanoids showing up, but it's okay.

A bit more action-orientated too. Go check it out, the manga's so far up to 8 translated volumes at least on Mangafox, and I think there's 10 volumes in total.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:13 pm

It looks like Gargantia is going down the SUFFERING route like I imagined, because that's what you get when, uhhhh, THAT ONE GUY is behind the plot, or a director or whatever his role was again.

Finally finished AKB, it was okay. Not great, but okay. Will need to check the 2nd season at some point, because why not? Started to watch Dog Days 2, since I have that on schedule, and have had it for, uhh, months. If not over a year. Pretty standard stuff so far from what I've come to expect from that series.

And now, to our expert on the field. Tim, what does the front look like when it comes to currently airing shows, or whatever you are currently watching through?
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:54 am

all ive been watching right now is attack on titan. last few week of school is always really busy so ive barely had time :(

attack on titan is SWEEEET though and the art is amazing. definittely 1 to watch

(also teekyuu season 2 confirmed YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA)
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:01 am

I started watching Attack on Titan. Loving it so far.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045517

Back to top Go down

Post by Icey Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:20 am

You guys should watch Kyoukai no Kanata and Noragami. They are both really really short but the animation is beautiful!
Icey
Icey
Ron Swanson

Number of posts : 2553
User Points : 127992

http://icewolf-king.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum