[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Is a membership really worth it today

+16
darketh2
Cutiepie00
wwwtoy
Juliana
Janus
Walt
Vampire Fexy
Mim Mim
Erik
Icey
SecretSchenkel
Chiyuki
Cial
Winnie
Shadow
Pyronix
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is a membership really worth it today Empty Is a membership really worth it today

Post by Pyronix Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:53 am

Read this really good topic today on the AE forums, had to bring it here before it was locked.

Anyone who says B1 and Y1 is safe clearly hasn't been there for a while.

Face it, this is a game for kids 10 and up. Me, I have a few select more mature friends an I have my clan the regulars.......so I never really get bored. Then again, I only play an hour or two a week these days. I used to play 4 or 5 hours before......Its slowed down a bit.

Meh, I had a good 2 years on AQW, but with all the issues that are popping up, like rares (and rare haters), spammers, hackers, scammers, immature players (hey babe can I be you're BF? XD), lag (can't even play on high graphics these days), AC items, bank space issues, and the general lack of communication between the community in general, I feel the game has gone down the toilet.

There was a time when people would talk about silly things like Bezerkers VS. Ninja's, and the new shiny axe or sword drop.

Nowadays, things develop into a heated spam fest even on the forums, and anyone who has a different opinion than the majority is immediately spammed down and silenced by both mods and regular players. Even if you don't want a fight, people will continue to insult you and start fights until both of you are silenced by higher powers....

Alas, I digress. My point is, I don't think the membership is worth it anymore, simply due to the environment today. People just don't seem to open to change or progress these days.

And for those of you who say to simply do it to "support" the game, good for you, but I'm sorry to say I don't have 30 dollars to give to charity every 3 months. I did'nt spend all my money to watch something grow like a plant, I spent the money to play a game, make some friends, and have fun, and nothing more. If the game flourishes for that, good for AE. If the game falls flat out broke.....well, company's do that.

Another reason why i think member isn't worth it now because the team keep re-releasing and re-making most of the old items which makes it almost pointless for me upgrade my account when there gonna be people having my same look.

The last part was a quote form Vampire Fexy, and to add to that, if you've been a member for one year straight, you pretty much have a variation of every rare that's gonna hit, give or take a few exceptions like the headless horse morph.

If you've been a member for a while (lets say 6 months), has the quality been at all different form now to then? Do the items still look as shiny or the content as fresh? Is eh game really turning in to some thing designed to meet the needs of the newest player and not the long time loyal players as most people fear? Is the environment the same?

Whenever someone said beta or alpha were better times, I would blatantly say they were only saying that becuase they wanted to brag, and that if someone had in fact missed those testing phases, they missed nothing special. I'm starting to think I was oh so very wrong....

and just to clarify, I'm in the U.S, and have paid twice as much for my memberships than most of you Euro users.
Pyronix
Pyronix
HES ON FIRE!

Zard : Is a membership really worth it today Cocoazard
Number of posts : 764
User Points : 43522

https://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/sigs/

Back to top Go down

Is a membership really worth it today Empty Re: Is a membership really worth it today

Post by Shadow Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:04 am

Aw heck, I just recieved my year of membership today and now I'm starting to regret it. xD

I always told myself that I was getting it because of Sir Ver. That there was at least some place of maturity left in the game. But even that's starting to change now...
Shadow
this is a title

Number of posts : 3430
User Points : 572086

Back to top Go down

Is a membership really worth it today Empty Re: Is a membership really worth it today

Post by Winnie Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:30 am

I Think that yes, the game has gone downhill. But no, I'm not going to stop.

This happened with another game- VMK... for all of you who have heard of it.

There were annoying people. Thequality wasn't that good. But, I loved it anyways. I guess AQWorlds is becoming like an old teddy bear- You care for it becuase that's what it is, no matter if your not getting your money's worth... becuase you love it. And you love the people behind it.
Winnie
Winnie
DaughterofSpades

Zard : Is a membership really worth it today Cosmicl
Number of posts : 3889
User Points : 387729

http://www.twitter.com/butterfly60075

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:10 am

Well, my membership ends in 6 days, and my Mom isn't working for a while, so I won't be on a lot. I guess to some people it doesn't, but I still think it does.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Zard : Is a membership really worth it today 2djta8i
Number of posts : 3457
User Points : 142334

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiyuki Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:56 am

I think it's still worth it. I totally agree with the old teddy bear thing. And for me anyway it's not so much the cool armor or game play anymore. It's the friends I've made. It's funny...people that I've never seen face to face but as pixel charcters treat me better than my own family sometimes. It's nice for once in my life to have friends. So I'll keep paying for Sir Ver access to talk to those friends.
That and even though there are idiots on Sir Ver as in any other server there are certainly a lot less there,
Chiyuki
Chiyuki

Number of posts : 394
User Points : 44010

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretSchenkel Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:25 am

Shadow wrote:I always told myself that I was getting it because of Sir Ver. That there was at least some place of maturity left in the game. But even that's starting to change now...
Yeah, it is changing sadly. Plus AE is just also a bit too "soft" on the scammers,hackers, and etc. Because several hackers still have their accounts. Which I find that's insane. AE needs to change things for these important matters, and if it doesn't change AE will most likely crash and burn like any other company. Unless they still somehow keep getting more and more people to pay for the game. Either way it doesn't end well.
SecretSchenkel
HelloZardy

Number of posts : 268
User Points : 35234

http://www.twitter.com/Robot_Tweets

Back to top Go down

Post by Icey Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:01 am

Ya...when I first membered up like 9 months ago It all seemed so amazing so much great new stuff...but now the items are boring, the shops that they release dont really have Items I like anymore, I also agree with Shadow, the only reason for membering right now is SerVer.
Icey
Icey
Ron Swanson

Zard : Is a membership really worth it today M9vzwh
Number of posts : 2553
User Points : 128035

http://icewolf-king.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyronix Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:26 am

I find it hard to believe there isn't a second member only server, seeing as I've seen it full several times, around frost vale and mogloween.

I do also agree about the item thing as well, but for different reasons. I'm a rare collector, and many new item's I've seen as of late has been based off another item. For instance, every single present was remade from either last years presents, or in game items (save for the helm I believe). Although I will say the recent edition of the Ice king was refreshing to say the least. I loved the germ morph's, but that was really it......

But really, lately it seems AE's been shoving items down our throats instead of focusing more on quality. The recent DN's, J6 has talked about "over 50 items"......but how many will I ever use? I don't know, it seems like the game is more about.............meh, its late, and I can't think straight. Can someone finish this sentence for me?
Pyronix
Pyronix
HES ON FIRE!

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:19 am

Well... I agree with Chiyuki 100%. I am going to renew my membership soon just to hang out with TR, and play every release to hope it gets better.

Pyro: The game is more about being a good marketer and using quantity as the market, when in the real business, its about quality. Except in Borderlands. 17 Million guns is AWESOME.

I don't feel like I expressed your thoughts right. Below, is really what you think I believe.

Also, the game is becoming more like, play this release, get the items before other people do, and people will think your cool!

The game is becoming more dull. The original post explained it all.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Zard : Is a membership really worth it today M9vzwh
Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045560

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:27 am

Meh, I hate to admit it, but among the members and few non-members (and besides twitter) - I actually believe that TR is the largest group of actually civilised AQW players - if you know what I mean. Perhaps another member server is required, yes, because I believe, at the moment, Sir Ver is the only relatively safe place for people. If you ask me, AE needs more patrolling mods - not just ones that loaf around B-1 :/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mim Mim Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:33 pm

I think that membership and the game in general is getting more boring because i've already done most of the thing's that you can do as a member.
when i got member, there were ton's of stuff to do, get pets, new weps, AC items, new areas, new quests, etc. but now, there's not enough to keep me playing the game as much as before.
I was glad when they released the PTR, because it brought new fun into the game. PvP, Stat's, and better skills were fun for a time, but when i had raised my stats, played alot of PvP, and had fun with the new skills, that was it.
I'm getting tired of the gameplay too fast. if they made stat's that raised when u trained them, or a PvP system that rewarded you when you had a certain number of win's, that would make it more fun.
I hope they'll release such things when PvP and stat's goes live on normale servers.

I imagine they would, it's only up to see if it actually works now.
-Shadow
Mim Mim
Mim Mim

Number of posts : 9
User Points : 5286

https://www.youtube.com/Zimqn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Fexy Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:54 pm

Its not worth at it this time, paying 50$ for only a better looking items with some more damage is not a good offer, only Sir Ver is worth the membership now since all my friends/clan are there.
Vampire Fexy

Number of posts : 148
User Points : 17370

Back to top Go down

Post by Walt Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:04 pm

Still worth it if you seclude yourself around friends and clanmates. Private instances.
Walt
Walt
FireAnt

Number of posts : 632
User Points : 148689

Back to top Go down

Post by Janus Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:43 pm

Weena wrote:Meh, I hate to admit it, but among the members and few non-members (and besides twitter) - I actually believe that TR is the largest group of actually civilised AQW players - if you know what I mean. Perhaps another member server is required, yes, because I believe, at the moment, Sir Ver is the only relatively safe place for people. If you ask me, AE needs more patrolling mods - not just ones that loaf around B-1 :/

I totally agree with that!

-Janus
Janus
Janus

Number of posts : 299
User Points : 6035

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliana Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:31 am

I just got my membership, and so far I think it's been pretty worth it just to be able to crash parties on Sir Ver... at Charon's house... on three different nights...

I love AQW, which is probably related to the fact that I have a tendency to isolate myself anyway. I've been finding ways to get away from annoying noobs since Beta ended, and why should I stop now?
Juliana
Juliana
Storyteller!

Number of posts : 3679
User Points : 163943

Back to top Go down

Post by wwwtoy Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:08 am

Yep It was worth it for me.....even without all the good items that are member..TR is still mostly on Sir Ver. Besides us mems get to test PTR!
wwwtoy
wwwtoy
Bloodedge
Bloodedge

Zard : Is a membership really worth it today Lumuszard
Number of posts : 1035
User Points : 28570

Back to top Go down

Post by Cutiepie00 Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:34 am

Yea paying for member for 2 year now it has really gone down the drain. Scammers, hacker and etc have made the game a fight to keep your account and not play the game. So personal after my year is up im deleting my account. But if anyone wants it pm me ill but a year on it for you.. :trevilish:
Cutiepie00
Cutiepie00

Number of posts : 11
User Points : 5876

Back to top Go down

Post by darketh2 Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:39 am

it is toaltey worth it because of pr sever cause mods are swarmeing those places and quibble is still in ptr
darketh2
darketh2

Zard : Is a membership really worth it today Blackdyq
Number of posts : 141
User Points : 6675

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Fexy Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:48 pm

PTR isnt forever and its going to be for Non-Members very soon, and Quibble isnt permanent NPC so its going to be gone very soon... so buying Membership only for these 2 things is worthless.
Vampire Fexy

Number of posts : 148
User Points : 17370

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyronix Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:53 am

mods are certainly not swarming anywhere.

They only only bum around in b-1 to talk to players and get attention, the only ones I've seen outside of b-1 are ones who are actually playing the game, and that's not much.

Not to say they don't try, but they could certainly look for more scammers.
Pyronix
Pyronix
HES ON FIRE!

Back to top Go down

Post by darketh2 Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:04 pm

frist of all i did not become meber for those resons i am just saying that it might not be forever but it is just a litte perk of mebership
darketh2
darketh2

Zard : Is a membership really worth it today Blackdyq
Number of posts : 141
User Points : 6675

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeo Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:34 am

When i first heard AE were making a MMORPG, i was not exited about how it was gonna be.

I was exited about AE getting a huge interactive community not limited by the forums strict rules (which are needed, i know that).

And thats what i got, have had, and so far i've had member more than a year.

PvP will be great, IF they end up having huge PvP wars, 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, etc. And leaderboards. The idea of keep on PvPing cuz u may become number 1 fighter in all of AQW time (become the AQW version of Zezima of runescape, lol :P) gives everyone something to fight for. Stats may seem as little things that change your character a little, but think about it, if they can get the stats, PvP (1v1 to group battles), and a thing like in epicduel where you will only be put up against vertain people around your level, they could increase the level cap to 100! Or something! They would just need to make levels slightly easier to get up, so it is at a rate where it is hard but not seeming impossible (like MQ, lol).
Zeo
Zeo
The Ice Elf

Number of posts : 391
User Points : 89739

https://www.youtube.com/user/ZeoTheIceElf

Back to top Go down

Post by Atriax Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:50 am

To be frank, no.
My membership ran out a week or so ago, and I simply can't be bothered to pay for another upgrade. Instead, I put the money towards MoglinTales, an AE fan-game, and am having tremendous fun with it :P
Atriax
Atriax
DemonHunter

Number of posts : 501
User Points : 27146
Location : In the shadows... and not Shadow the player, the dark kind of shadows.

http://www.moglintales.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeo Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:11 am

But yea, the game has gone. the community. What community? The only server that even HAS a comunity is sir ver. all the others are spammers and noob questions.

Gawd...why did beta have to go....i miss being able to ask if a boss drops anything, or how to do a quest, and get help though it all, making a friend. Now u just get everyone else in the room saying one line and nothing else, or simply calling you a noob.

I want to go onto another game. But can't. Not only do i like this game for a reason i no longer know (maybe the realise, but they are boring now 75% of the time), but i can't find another game where i can make friends like i have on AQW. Runescape didn't work. Epicduel, nope. And i don't know of any other games.

It's a bummer. Doe's anyone know of a good online game without download apart from RS, AQW and ED? :/

EDIT: the only thing keeping me on now is my friends.....
Zeo
Zeo
The Ice Elf

Number of posts : 391
User Points : 89739

https://www.youtube.com/user/ZeoTheIceElf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zatenzuken Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:26 am

I agree with that, Membership is not that good these days

I renewed my mem 4 1 year plus 5000 ac and got a Dragon Amulet 4 Df last christmas, thats the last upgrade i will do.

AQW is ruined by all those spammers and hackers -.-
Zatenzuken
Zatenzuken

Number of posts : 14
User Points : 5335

http://twitter.com/ZatenzukenAE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next