[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

AQW Boring?

+11
5secondchaos
Evangel
Deathclaws
Winnie
Zeo
Xusha
Erik
Shadow
Crystal Lion
wwwtoy
Icey
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

AQW Boring? Empty AQW Boring?

Post by Guest Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:34 am

It's something we've all realized, and even if you debate it, there are limits and things we've already done.

I log on everyday after school, attempt to get into to Yulgar-1 about thirty times, and check my FL. No one's on.
The game I looked forward to play all day long is dead.

I'm sure many of you may agree, but not have the exact same beliefs.
Post.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

AQW Boring? Empty Re: AQW Boring?

Post by Icey Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:48 am

your right, its hope of good releases and TR that keep me playing, If i wasnt in TR i probably wouldnt still get on.
Icey
Icey
Ron Swanson

Zard : AQW Boring? M9vzwh
Number of posts : 2553
User Points : 128023

http://icewolf-king.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by wwwtoy Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:51 am

icewolfking wrote:your right, its hope of good releases and TR that keep me playing, If i wasnt in TR i probably wouldnt still get on.

Same..
wwwtoy
wwwtoy
Bloodedge
Bloodedge

Zard : AQW Boring? Lumuszard
Number of posts : 1035
User Points : 28558

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Lion Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:55 am

There is a point in what you say. I left my previous AQW guild because it wasn't as active as it used to be.
Crystal Lion
Crystal Lion
Director of Lapis-Lazuli
Director of Lapis-Lazuli

Number of posts : 1241
User Points : 67957

http://lasvegaslion.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:14 am

I totally agree.
Lately I've been finding AQW really boring, even release days.
I was really looking forward to Darkovia, but so far it has been a disappointment.
TR is the only thing keeping me on.

(Vamp and I had a convo like this the other day, it's odd how many of us all think this so suddenly)
Shadow
this is a title

Number of posts : 3430
User Points : 572074

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:19 am

Agreed, its just like the topic of is AQW membership worth it. I have the same beliefs. I only go on to see if anyone else in the clan is on, then I leave if no one or few are. The releases are getting smaller and smaller, with less creativity than the old days.

This brings up the idea that we are all just getting used to it too much. We were so amazed in the beginning, but now its just becoming boring because nothing is new. All that we see now is that they released a new zone, when before it was, "They made a new zone about Frostvale! There are going to be lots of rares!" "Thats awesome!" Things like this, in theory, just happen. Its like all of the fads, they seem cool at first, and then they get boring.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045548

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:23 am

Yeah, Leppy Boy (Erik) brings up a good point. Probably most players keep playing for the rares, so they go AFK in Yulgar and have jealous eyes glaring at them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Icey Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:26 am

Hopefull Darkovia will spark some interest but so far like shadow said the first part has been dull.
Icey
Icey
Ron Swanson

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:26 am

Yeah, I think the small releases have something to do with it.
They said this week they were cramming in lots, but it was really just a new map, 2 NPCs, 1 monster, 4 weapons, a set of quests, 1 pet, achievement, and some recolor items tomorrow.
Their releases are deteriorating, imo.
I think it will be good when stats/pvp and stuff comes out, as that will give us a lot more to do.
Shadow
this is a title

Number of posts : 3430
User Points : 572074

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:45 am

Stats will make AQW's player number go up by hundreds of thousands, and there are two primary reasons for it.

1. Players will want to have a character that specializes in defense, strength, etc. Basically just experiment with fighting skills for different experiences.
2. Obviously the game will become more complex and brain-using, making alot more people want to play the game. Duh.

But for most players, the game will only me a bit more fun for about a month or so, then it will just be another boring feature.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Icey Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:52 am

well a month or so of fun would be nice compared to what they have now.
Icey
Icey
Ron Swanson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:23 am

Excuse my young mind, but even though AQW is getting repeditive and old, I still enjoy it. Originally it was the wiki that kept my creativity and interests up, but the WHOO!, along caaaaame TR!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:16 pm

Yeah, TR saved my life. =P
I was dying to join a clan, and this is by far a good choice.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Xusha Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:55 pm

I'd say that it isn't the little releases. I'd say it is people expecting too much. If you play the other AE games (Which is what they want, so they get more money) then it will make up for it. I personally never find AQWorlds too boring. And I don't think the Darkovia release was disappointing. They're obviously trying to make it not look quite like a clone of Swordhaven in the nighttime woods, or something that fails, for example. I'd probably have never joined TR (Unfortunately), if not for being asked to do so, but I have enjoyed my time here, and it has increased my activity on AQWorlds.
Xusha
Xusha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Zard : AQW Boring? 3359xqb
Number of posts : 1130
User Points : 427907

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeo Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:52 pm

PvP will be AQW's saviour. If they do it right.
Zeo
Zeo
The Ice Elf

Number of posts : 391
User Points : 89727

https://www.youtube.com/user/ZeoTheIceElf

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnie Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:22 pm

I'd just like to remind you all that AE has been doing a lot of behind-the-scenes work in AQW. Stats for example. Also, did you know, 2 days before the beta release, there were only two people working on the game at about 4:30? In different rooms? I bet you didn't.

The point is that it takes a lot of wirk to get these releases released.

But also, I do agree, it's been like were getting less. I think that I can't really compare it... but I do agree with all that you've said.

Eventually, the releases will get better, becuase the engine is good and we don't need anything added for awhile.

So cut AE some slack, they have (check me on this) 43 staff members. I think only 16 of them work at the lab. It's got to be hard for them.
Winnie
Winnie
DaughterofSpades

Zard : AQW Boring? Cosmicl
Number of posts : 3889
User Points : 387717

http://www.twitter.com/butterfly60075

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeo Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:36 pm

Winnie wrote:I'd just like to remind you all that AE has been doing a lot of behind-the-scenes work in AQW. Stats for example. Also, did you know, 2 days before the beta release, there were only two people working on the game at about 4:30? In different rooms? I bet you didn't.

The point is that it takes a lot of wirk to get these releases released.

But also, I do agree, it's been like were getting less. I think that I can't really compare it... but I do agree with all that you've said.

Eventually, the releases will get better, becuase the engine is good and we don't need anything added for awhile.

So cut AE some slack, they have (check me on this) 43 staff members. I think only 16 of them work at the lab. It's got to be hard for them.

Yep, thats what i say to those who say they don't make big realises. 43 staff members, 6 games now, AQ, DF, MQ, AQW, WF, and ED. They must be working extremely hard....
Zeo
Zeo
The Ice Elf

Number of posts : 391
User Points : 89727

https://www.youtube.com/user/ZeoTheIceElf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:19 pm

Yep, thats what i say to those who say they don't make big realises. 43 staff members, 6 games now, AQ, DF, MQ, AQW, WF, and ED. They must be working extremely hard....

I know they're working hard, but 6 games for such a company that gives so much to non-members, they're not going to be able to make a clear profit with literally under 1% of players member, and the cost for new games... Not such a good idea. And with the releases declining, they might be lose alot of their members.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:49 pm

I agree entirely, plus now that Im no longer a member, I can't think of any reason to play this game anymore. Really, I would prefer if AE would just make actual updates when they are ready instead of coughing up a new monster and 3 new items every week. Really, sometimes quality is better than quantity.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathclaws Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:55 pm

What it comes down to, AE has managed to exist only because they give that lot of content to non-members. Its the only reason people started playing in the first place. I don't think I'll renew membership anymore since AE simply isn't worth it. I might try other MMORPGs, but not AE's anymore
Deathclaws
Artist

Number of posts : 339
User Points : 23853

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangel Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:04 am

The game gets repetitive, yes. But that's what happens with a point and click adventure MMORPG. Every week they release something new, though. And every release the servers are PACKED with people. What keep me coming back is friends. Between releases, I am always hanging out and talking to friends. That is one thing I love about AQW.
Evangel
Evangel

Number of posts : 385
User Points : 59515

http://www.twitter.com/evangel_aqw

Back to top Go down

Post by 5secondchaos Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:39 am

I believe that the game has become yet more boring as the days have passed, thats my opinion and thats all I'm saying.
5secondchaos
5secondchaos
Platinum Vampire - Art Fanatic!

Zard : AQW Boring? Fireh
Number of posts : 1476
User Points : 21374

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:01 am

To Clawsie: You do realize AE is a business, right? Without paying members, they'll go bankrupt. They can't live off of nothing. Even if thats it's known for its excessive features for non-paying players, that doesn't mean AE will survive as a business.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:03 am

Well, after they have one huge release, like frostvale, people expect everything to be that good, and I don't want to admit it, but I include myself in that vast majority. Then when they have a couple screens and a couple new weapons, and one new boss, it doesn't seem that great. They need to give us what players themselves really want, like an interesting storyline, or large zones with lots of cool drops. Thats why the game seems to be getting more dull, it because the size of releases vary.

Imo, I think they should take each of their games, (Not including ED) and give each of them a big release, once a month. That way, there would be a week for AQW, a week for MQ, a week for DF, and a week for AQ, and the releases would be even larger. Rather than everyone playing every game each week for a short period of time, it could be everyone playing one game for a long period of time. But, I know this won't work, with servers crashing, different teams being on different games, etc.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045548

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathclaws Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:32 am

To Clawsie: You do realize AE is a business, right? Without paying members, they'll go bankrupt. They can't live off of nothing. Even if thats it's known for its excessive features for non-paying players, that doesn't mean AE will survive as a business.

Thats exactly what I'm saying. They are stuck in a fatal position. They need to make good stuff for members so people WANT to pay, yet keep a lot of great stuff for non-members so that people get interessted in the game in the first place.

Imo, I think they should take each of their games, (Not including ED) and give each of them a big release, once a month. That way, there would be a week for AQW, a week for MQ, a week for DF, and a week for AQ, and the releases would be even larger. Rather than everyone playing every game each week for a short period of time, it could be everyone playing one game for a long period of time. But, I know this won't work, with servers crashing, different teams being on different games, etc.

And changing the weekly-release thing would be against their rules. People are paying for weekly releases, and if they don't get them that violates their contract.
Deathclaws
Artist

Number of posts : 339
User Points : 23853

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next