[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Miltonius Vs. J6: Discussion/Poll

+13
DSTM
SecretSchenkel
MaxSparks
wwwtoy
Shadow
Xusha
Peregrine
Wixmagic
Darre
Icey
Judge ZYellowFlash
Erik
V
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Do you like J6's or Miltonius's Zone More/Which one has more potential?

Miltonius Vs. J6: Discussion/Poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap39%Miltonius Vs. J6: Discussion/Poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 11 ]
Miltonius Vs. J6: Discussion/Poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Miltonius Vs. J6: Discussion/Poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 4 ]
Miltonius Vs. J6: Discussion/Poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap46%Miltonius Vs. J6: Discussion/Poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 28

Miltonius Vs. J6: Discussion/Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Miltonius Vs. J6: Discussion/Poll

Post by Shadow Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:57 am

Sebi, he still did work on normal zones. Heck, normal zones are the reason he has stopped for the time being.
And anyway, think about the positives it brought to AQW. It brought a more hardcore (yet optional) aspect to the game, which people like me were looking for, and I know it stopped quite a few people on the verge of qutting from doing so (like myself). Plus all the extra AC sales. So if I were Cysero, I would not have told Milt to stop at all.
Shadow
this is a title

Number of posts : 3430
User Points : 572086

Back to top Go down

Miltonius Vs. J6: Discussion/Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Miltonius Vs. J6: Discussion/Poll

Post by Guest Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:50 pm

Yes, but at the same time it made more and more people want to quit the game at the same time, had he not given it a rest, people would have quit, AQW was and still is a very milt dominated zone, you guys want a place to farm? fine! But not when it fills every single room with drudgen spammers!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by wwwtoy Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:06 pm

Shadow is quite right,lets say you were the boss of a company,and one guy got you TONS of money. Will you stop him? Anyways,some people want something that cant be done within 30 minuites.
wwwtoy
wwwtoy
Bloodedge
Bloodedge

Zard : Miltonius Vs. J6: Discussion/Poll - Page 2 Lumuszard
Number of posts : 1035
User Points : 28570

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:01 pm

Shadow wrote:Sebi, he still did work on normal zones. Heck, normal zones are the reason he has stopped for the time being.
And anyway, think about the positives it brought to AQW. It brought a more hardcore (yet optional) aspect to the game, which people like me were looking for, and I know it stopped quite a few people on the verge of qutting from doing so (like myself). Plus all the extra AC sales. So if I were Cysero, I would not have told Milt to stop at all.
If you would have quit, I would have cried.

I also believe its an AC "scam". Make the coolest stuff cost AC's ;) (Besides the duck on a stick, of course) Its a great money-making technique. Really, its just like membership too. You have to pay money to get the cooler items. I'm not trying to say Milt isn't giving us items worth the AC's compared to other items, but think about it. He gives us Drudgen, and you can use it even if you don't buy one. For convenience, some people buy it. Then, he makes Bamboozie to replace Drudgen, and gives it an extra quest. Now, the people with Drudgen upgrade to Bamboozie for the extra quest. Now, people don't have easy access to Drudgens, so they feel compelled to buy AC's so they can get a Drudgen. Its a fact that Drudgens are stalked widely, so they get annoyed and upgrade to Bamboozie to get people to leave them alone. Thus continuing the ever-going cycle of people buying AC's, getting Drudgen, then upgrading to Bamboozie.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Zard : Miltonius Vs. J6: Discussion/Poll - Page 2 M9vzwh
Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045560

Back to top Go down

Post by Xusha Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:39 am

Erik wrote: Xusha, please stop saying that Miltonius rushed his zone and j6 took his time. J6's zone is being put together by the entire team, on the normal release schedule, as mentioned before. Miltonius has been working on his for over a full year, if my memory serves me correctly. As it said in the Citadel, Miltonius was un-finished working on completing the maze. Now he has added his zone, after all of this time. Miltonius did it as a side-project along with his normal job. So you can't say either one rushed there zone, or compare them by time spent on their zones.

That's not what I meant at all. What I meant, simply put, is that J6's area actually came out when it was supposed to. Miltonius' area was supposed to come out... Around now, actually. This, also was in the Design Notes. I'd say telling nobody, releasing months before you're supposed to, and slightly neglecting the rest of the game, as he has stated, isn't what I find ideal. If perhaps a storyline of any sort, a cutscene, or anything at all to give the items variety of any sort would have been implemented, I would have gotten something from it.
Xusha
Xusha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Zard : Miltonius Vs. J6: Discussion/Poll - Page 2 3359xqb
Number of posts : 1130
User Points : 427919

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:55 am

I'm sorry for misunderstanding you then.

Well, the items do have variety. Theres one for every type of rep, there are many different types of Drudgen/Bamboozie drops as well. The only thing it really lacks is a storyline. But, was there ever a cutscene in J6's zone? Not as far as I can remember.

Story: J6>Miltonius
Cutscenes: J6=Miltonius
Items so far: J6<Miltonius
J6 just had scribble items, a map, old West items, a hammer, and a machete. Miltonius has release a much larger variety of swords, staffs, armors, daggers, and a few more helms.

So what it all boils down to is if you are more into farming for cool items, or if you like to play with an actual storyline so it doesn't seem like pointless rep farming. You might just be able to compare it as RPers vs Artists. Just maybe. No, probably not.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by Xusha Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:02 am

By lack of variety, I mean most of the items all look the same, despite requirements. J6 did have a cutscene, when you do the VR room. Its technically a cutscene. All Miltonius did was release clearly dark items and a fish suit. While that doesn't take away from him as an artist, I'd expect more variety. Perhaps its from myself being an artists? I don't know. Also note that J6's area is relatively new, and the doodle dragon was actually one of the funniest monsters in the game. Not being one that looks and asks for help, I really enjoyed what J6 has brought thus far. Miltonius seems like more of the... Stimulation of the AQW market, but people generally only like the items because they aren't easy to get. He released a duck on a stick. I think that proves my point.
Xusha
Xusha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:06 am

I don't see how they are clearly dark. Looking through, yes, he did release the void armors and some undeadish looking items, but many are not "dark". For example, chameleon cape, duck on a stick, the platinum daggers, and Ddog weapon/armor. But I don't understand about the duck on a stick, how does that prove your point? It does not require AC's, just a drudgen access, and a bit of farming.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by DSTM Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:07 am

Well, I like J6 because it requires thinking rather than luck.
DSTM
DSTM

Number of posts : 19
User Points : 5136

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:13 am

Well, thats why Miltonius had the maze. You needed to figure it out with luck, then be able to remember the path.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by Xusha Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:16 am

Erik wrote:I don't see how they are clearly dark. Looking through, yes, he did release the void armors and some undeadish looking items, but many are not "dark". For example, chameleon cape, duck on a stick, the platinum daggers, and Ddog weapon/armor. But I don't understand about the duck on a stick, how does that prove your point? It does not require AC's, just a drudgen access, and a bit of farming.

Its a ridiculous item that has no appeal other then the fact that its hard to get. The chameleon cape is not a new item at all. Its a simple color custom basic cape. I mentioned the Ddog armors, which seem to be named after another player, so I won't touch on that. A lot of his items are either recolored, obvious in resemblance to other items, or are just poorly made.
Xusha
Xusha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:21 am

Lets compare either dark, or unoriginal, not jump from one to the other.

The Duck on a Stick is not hard to get, its a fairly common drop. It has the appeal of looking funny, and it matches things well.

But if you want to talk originality, the Void armors, and 90% of whats in his actual shop are original. J6 released the hammer, which has already been released, and there are at least 5 weapons that look just like the machete.

And if you want to talk ridiculous, J6 release a barstool, a cape made of doors, and broken bottles. Why would you have 2 bottles? Even heavy drinkers only fight with one.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by DSTM Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:23 am

Two Bottles dont hurt yourself do they? :D
DSTM
DSTM

Back to top Go down

Post by Xusha Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:26 am

Oh, I didn't say anything about the J6 area yet, though. All I've stated is I like the story. None of them have impressed me in the items department. Sorry if how I word things is not to your liking, but I only know so much English. Perhaps I expect too much? That's possible. Not going to deny that I have high standards as to what I will dress Xusha with, or make her use as a weapon. Lore is silly enough without bashing things with a duck. Oh, and having two bottles is ideal. One breaks? Don't worry, you still have something to drink. If you have two broken, I think you'd need rehabilitation though.
Xusha
Xusha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DSTM Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:29 am

I agree with Xusha on originality Milt made 4 different versions of a weapon.
DSTM
DSTM

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:07 am

Xusha wrote:Oh, I didn't say anything about the J6 area yet, though. All I've stated is I like the story. None of them have impressed me in the items department. Sorry if how I word things is not to your liking, but I only know so much English. Perhaps I expect too much? That's possible. Not going to deny that I have high standards as to what I will dress Xusha with, or make her use as a weapon. Lore is silly enough without bashing things with a duck. Oh, and having two bottles is ideal. One breaks? Don't worry, you still have something to drink. If you have two broken, I think you'd need rehabilitation though.

But two broken bottles is excessive, yes? Maybe two unbroken bottles for drinks, but not two as weapons.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by Icey Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:50 am

Erik is the bottles really that big of a deal its a dagger so its duelwield whatever, they released it cause it matached the theme and its a waaay better looking than a duck on a stick...that by far takes the dumbest weapon ever made :/ I agree with Xusha 100%
Icey
Icey
Ron Swanson

Number of posts : 2553
User Points : 128035

http://icewolf-king.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge ZYellowFlash Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:10 am

It's a conspiracy to get more money...Thats why!
Judge ZYellowFlash
Judge ZYellowFlash
X-ninja

Number of posts : 339
User Points : 28081

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:33 am

Icewolfking wrote:Erik is the bottles really that big of a deal its a dagger so its duelwield whatever, they released it cause it matached the theme and its a waaay better looking than a duck on a stick...that by far takes the dumbest weapon ever made :/ I agree with Xusha 100%
And you don't wish you had a kitchen sink like Sych? Because I know I want one.

This brings up the dual-wielding issue, with objects meant to be only one of. Scissors, Doom Scissors, broken bottle, etc. I didn't know I was making such a big deal over it either, I was just mentioning it.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by wwwtoy Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:54 am

Well,Xusha is kinda burning Miltons zone now. DX Some items are unorginal,like the Dual Weilds,tainted,purifed stuff, but there SUPPOSED to be like that. Most of the things are orginal. I really dont find a recolor of Hex of normal VoM.
wwwtoy
wwwtoy
Bloodedge
Bloodedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagi Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:57 am

I think both are Godmodding like there impossible to kill and will kill you in one hit it's extremely unfair.

well at least J6 has a gun so it's justifiable but still.
Nagi
Nagi
Bucket Queen
Bucket Queen

Zard : Miltonius Vs. J6: Discussion/Poll - Page 2 Purplex
Number of posts : 1138
User Points : 66801

Back to top Go down

Post by wwwtoy Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:03 am

Nagi,Milton is killable. Its been proved. Even WITHOUT glitches you can kill Miltonius,Rasluine proved it. I predict J6 will be killed soon.
wwwtoy
wwwtoy
Bloodedge
Bloodedge

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretSchenkel Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:09 am

wwwtoy wrote:Nagi,Milton is killable. Its been proved. Even WITHOUT glitches you can kill Miltonius,Rasluine proved it. I predict J6 will be killed soon.
How? I'd like some proof please. I've never been able to kill Miltonius in-game. Ever.

Erik wrote:And you don't wish you had a kitchen sink like Sych? Because I know I want one.
I know, I want one as well. ^5
SecretSchenkel
HelloZardy

Number of posts : 268
User Points : 35234

http://www.twitter.com/Robot_Tweets

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:43 pm

SecretSchenkel wrote:
wwwtoy wrote:Nagi,Milton is killable. Its been proved. Even WITHOUT glitches you can kill Miltonius,Rasluine proved it. I predict J6 will be killed soon.
How? I'd like some proof please. I've never been able to kill Miltonius in-game. Ever.

Erik wrote:And you don't wish you had a kitchen sink like Sych? Because I know I want one.
I know, I want one as well. ^5

I would expect it would be with people using rogue/leprechaun and getting in some massive dodging, while at the same time hitting giant crits. Killing Milton would seem much harder than j6 though.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by wwwtoy Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:19 pm

Actually your wrong,J6 has a guarantee hit. I tested it. Milt misses occasionaly. And to kill Miltonius you need Rougue (One lucky,full thief) two ninjas (full thieves). You spam the hell out of Vipers Kiss while ninjas dodge the attack.
wwwtoy
wwwtoy
Bloodedge
Bloodedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next