[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What Race Should I Choose?

+4
Felix
V
Icey
Xusha
8 posters

Go down

What Race Should I Choose? Empty What Race Should I Choose?

Post by Xusha Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:58 am

This is a short list of races, subraces, and classes that you may use. Note that these are made as a guide, and are not necessarily set in stone. Another note, always pay attention to the credibility of your chosen race! No semi-dwarf or elf-vampire-angels please! Be sure to be logical and reasonable. This is a guide for helping, not for dictating.

Holy Angels or Pure Angels:
Lifetime (unlimited, but pay attention to play believable characters, when your character's life exceeds 500 years.)

What Race Should I Choose? Anges10

• Nature:
An angel is of peaceful nature, gentle, a non-violent approach to almost everyone.
An angel often seeks to avoid conflict, but if it becomes necessary, the angel can attack.
An angel also could be seeking the company of any race, although they will always prefer members of their race, who understand better than anyone. An angel always gives an impression of sweetness, frankness and gentle comfort: you can usually count on them.
• Powers: Power Healing: a pure angel who puts their hand on a wound can heal it, but not entirely: just stop the wound's bleeding. The bigger injuries are even harder to treat, so it takes a prominent part. They say a powerful angel can bring a dying man to life. -Other powers can be added by yourself, just don't overdo it!
• Obtaining race: It is heredity.

Fallen Angels or Dark Angels:
Lifetime (unlimited, but pay attention to play believable characters, when your character's life exceeds 500 years.)

What Race Should I Choose? Anges_10

• Nature:
A fallen angel born to parents with some domestic disputes or when suffering simply, they fill the heart of darkness newborn unintentionally, and at birth may then discover that the baby has black wings.
A fallen angel may also leave the kingdom for the birth by an unhealthy desire or simple returns.
• Powers: Offensive Power: A fallen angel can make attacks based off of the light: it can either be by blinding (temporarily) or burning. -Other powers can be added yourself, but be careful not to overdo it!
• Obtaining the race: One becomes a fallen angel at birth or by reference.

Elves:
Lifetime (unlimited, but pay attention to play believable characters, when you equip a life exceeding 500 years.)

What Race Should I Choose? Elfes10

• Sub-races: Sylvan Elves (specializing in the arts, or archery), coastal elves (elves rather farmers, fishermen, merchants, they are closest to humans and are the most seen on the outside their fighters were on horseback), Dark Elves (specializing in minerals and stone, these are excellent blacksmiths, jewelers, or are specialized in close combat, but they are the least known of all the elves).
• Nature: very quiet by nature, but can be very uncomfortable with those who do not respect nature and other races. An elf is rather lonely towards other races. The elf will always give the impression of dominating the situation but also the people around him.
• Powers: An elf can speak with nature. Nature can then guide him in the forest, or even help to defend themselves but especially without killing: a root may break down, branches can putt etc. ... -Other powers can be added by yourself, but be careful not to take too much and especially to assess!
• Obtaining race: One becomes Elvin by heredity means.
They are also accepted and occasionally made master by different races of fairies, trolls, ect.

Vampires:

What Race Should I Choose? Vampir10

• Nature: A vampire's normal during the day, but the full moon tends to be violent. It may be noted that the constant bloodlust vampire can make a little crazy sometimes. He cannot stand the sunlight and will leave for duty, and he must be covered from head to foot without a single body part is exposed.
Other features:
- No reflection in the mirror (depending on the legend)
- Sleeping in coffins (varies according to legend)
- A branch of wild rose on the grave and the vampire is trapped (depending on the legend)
- A cross is held up by a religious act to escape from the vampire (varies according to the legends)
- A vampire cannot have children (except in exceptional cases of pregnant women to the bite and if the child survived.)
• Powers: A vampire can make leaps of several meters (3m max). He can turn himself into a bat, but only for about ten minutes: A bat cannot fly very high and is much more vulnerable than a vampire. Reading the active spirit of a thinking creature is possible, but talking through thought is not.
• Obtaining race: One becomes a Vampire by being bitten, and the vampire cannot have children, and there is no inheritance of the Vampirism.
Note: A vampire drinks the blood of a human or an animal to draw out the resources that his body can not generate. When ingested blood is exhausted, then it must be nourished again. A vampire cannot drink the blood of another vampire, as doing so is fatal.

Werewolves:

What Race Should I Choose? Loups_10

• Nature: As a human, the individual is a normal person, but as a werewolf / lycan it will be violent and not let go of its prey, whatever the cost.
• Powers: As a werewolf / lycan, the individual will have a tremendous strength, speed and a fairly impressive sense of direction in the forest giving him a clear advantage for the surprise attack. As a human, a werewolf is considered “low”.
• Obtaining breed: One becomes werewolf from the bite or scratch of another werewolf. (A pregnancy of 10 months gives a baby werewolf blood. The other children’s fates are determined according to the mother, whether a single wolf or a human.)
* Forms: The werewolf is a living creature, unlike the vampire. It can take five different forms, ranging from the human form, the form of a wolf (lupus), through the glabro (quasi-human), the Crinos (werewolf form, which can be three meters tall, and weigh 500kg), and hispo (almost wolf-like beast of Gevaudan). Each form is changing the character's physical attributes, including its strength. Each change of form is at will, day and night, depending on level of lycan.

Level of Lycan:

* 1: The changes come in a totally uncontrolled and random time (full moon, violent emotions, etc.) The human mind quickly leaves for the beast that lies within him. However, the lycan already has a much more developed sense of smell than normal.
* 2: The lycan is now mastering the basic transformation: lupus (wolf usually a tad larger than normal because of its genetic code being part human)
* 3: The lycan has a much greater agility than average, even in its human form. It can also switch to a frenzy mode.
(Warning: There is a frenzy mode, the lycan can become Crinos and obtains a force more honorable, but it goes into a rage that prevents the differentiation of his friends and enemies. Only a specific artifact, such as a Flute Band, or a long isolation, can calm him down.)
* 4: The lycan obtains full control of its transformation into umbro (half man, half-wolf)
* 5: The lycan now has full control of all its transformations, including the most powerful, that of Crinos.

Demons:

What Race Should I Choose? Demons10

• Nature: A demon is not necessarily "evil", but generally has a taste for duels, challenges and games. He has a great sense of honor to his race, he can easily betray those of a different race, it all depends still on skill and education of the demon. The demon often seeks to become powerful, so the rivalry is important, but keep in mind that there is the sense of hierarchy: a devil knows whom to obey. This power is either physical or hierarchical.
• Powers: The demon controls the darkness, evil and flames with experience.
• Obtaining race: Heredity. Intermarriage with an angel is strictly impossible. There will be the death of the newborn.

Dwarfs:
Lifetime (about 500 years)

What Race Should I Choose? Nains10

• Physical characteristics: A dwarf is obviously small (imagine between 1m and 1.70m) and very stocky. He has a beard almost in all cases. He is always dressed from head to toe in animal skins to fight against the cold (the dwarf often works in the mountains). Be it a man or a woman, the dwarf will be very hairy, especially the feet.
• Nature: The dwarf is very often gruff and grumpy, but also a worker and trustworthy, so it is a good trade. Usually is a formidable fighter, a good blacksmith or miner, and has a loving companion good-child atmosphere. A dwarf also likes to drink (alcohol) and eat (fat).
• Name: The name is often indebted to the ingenuity of parents, however, the name always includes a title beginning with "the": the Stocky, the Huge, the Weird, the Fool, the Great (the dwarfs irony) etc. This title is always very close to the family psychology and physics in any general dwarf. (So no "Avenger" or "Supreme Master “)
• Powers: The dwarf has absolutely no power, yet he has great physical strength. He is also very agile and often knows handling weapons too.
• Obtaining race: The dwarf is heredity. The mixing of races is impossible.

The Knight
Lifetime (100 years or so.)

What Race Should I Choose? Cheval10

• Nature: Courageous, helpful and honest when it comes to the White Knight. The Black Knight will think more along the lines of making money in missions generally prohibited.
• Powers: No, the knight only uses his strength to slay the enemy. It seems however that the talismans are spells to counter enemy. -Other powers can be added by yourself, but be careful not to overdo it!
• Obtaining race: One becomes a knight by ambition, usually by the father who passes on his knowledge. The child may become a knight, samurai or ninja, but it does not change his mind as we change socks: One is a knight or one is not.

The Samurai:
(Lifetime 100 years or so.)

What Race Should I Choose? Samour10

• Nature: Honor is what is most important for a samurai. If he loses his honor, he will try to die. The samurai is likely very lonely, but with a simple way if out of it needs it, and this is without demanding compensation.
• Powers: The samurai has confidence in his blade and his combat strategy. -Other powers can be added by yourself, but be careful not to overdo it!
• Obtaining race: One becomes a samurai by ambition and will. The choice to become a samurai is at very young age, and it is not customary to change class on a whim.

The Ninja:

What Race Should I Choose? Ninja10

• Nature: A ninja is working only for his city and his brothers in arms. All it will do (looting, theft, fighting) will be for the prosperity of his people and his city. The Ninja has in some way two personalities: one night, under his mask, and one day, more sociable.
• Powers: No, the ninja has confidence in his discretion and he uses his blade as a last necessity, sometimes preferring to flee. -Other powers can be added by yourself, but be careful not to overdo it!
• Obtaining race: One becomes ninja birth only: They must be accepted by the ninjas at birth.

The Amazon:

What Race Should I Choose? Amazon10

• Nature: The Amazon is quite sexist: They take men for breeding and are treated as less than nothing. Regarding reproduction, it is said that once a male allows the female to become pregnant, he was killed. The Amazons, however, are very supportive of each other.
• Powers: The Amazon has confidence in his knowledge of forests and uses it to his bow if one ventures too close to its benchmark. -Other powers can be added by yourself, but be careful not to take too many.
• Obtaining race: It helps your chances to become an Amazon by being a woman yourself, and then by being accepted by them if or if you are not female.
Xusha
Xusha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Zard : What Race Should I Choose? 3359xqb
Number of posts : 1130
User Points : 427906

Back to top Go down

What Race Should I Choose? Empty Re: What Race Should I Choose?

Post by Icey Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:15 am

I love this guide book you and Pere have done especially this page with all of the artwork nice job ^.^
Icey
Icey
Ron Swanson

Zard : What Race Should I Choose? M9vzwh
Number of posts : 2553
User Points : 128022

http://icewolf-king.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by V Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:59 am

Amazing guide! I especially love how the artwork is implemented with it. You guys have a contradictory in the Amazon description, though.

• Nature: The Amazon is quite sexist: They take men for breeding and are treated as less than nothing. Regarding reproduction, it is said that once a male allows the female to become pregnant, he was killed. The Amazons, however, are very supportive of each other.
• Powers: The Amazon has confidence in his knowledge of forests and uses it to his bow if one ventures too close to its benchmark. -Other powers can be added by yourself, but be careful not to take too many.
• Obtaining race: It helps your chances to become an Amazon by being a woman yourself, and then by being accepted by them if or if you are not female.

The underlined parts contradict each other and the sentence doesn't really make sense. Did you mean the way AdventureQuest portrayed the "Umazon"?
V
V
agina

Zard : What Race Should I Choose? 2pt1bvm
Number of posts : 3752
User Points : 10237723

http://www.trforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xusha Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:12 am

Yeah, thing is that they generally don't accept men in, but if they do, they generally are supportive of each other, so long as the men know their place. Exactly like the Umazon in some ways.

Also, onto the House-Elves.

A house-elf is fearful, tearful, and incredibly loyal. Their role in the Lore is to maintain inventory, and to serve the residents of the area in almost any form of any kind. They are excellent observers and are often very quiet. Anybody who dares take this sub-race would be subject to the same treatment as a custodian. They have adept skill with a bow when needed, but are not bred to be fighters for war. They still, however are formidable as a reserve.
Xusha
Xusha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:26 pm

awesome guide!
Felix
Felix

Number of posts : 774
User Points : 23916

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:54 am

Excellent guide. However, I fail to see how "The Knight", "The Ninja" or "The Samurai" are races, as I believe they would be classified as a "Class".

Also, the lifetime for those three classes are quite long. The general human is lucky to live to 80... And what if I am a demon samurai? That would give me two different lifetimes. I think you may want to divide the guide between Races and general classes, and maybe provide the most common classes for each race. Like, a demon would generally be a Ninja over a Samurai, or an angel would be a Healer or an archer etc.

Just a suggestion, however.
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Zard : What Race Should I Choose? Whitecc
Number of posts : 3156
User Points : 228781

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Morri Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:43 am

Xusha wrote:
This is a short list of races, subraces, and classes that you may use. Note that these are made as a guide, and are not necessarily set in stone. Another note, always pay attention to the credibility of your chosen race! No semi-dwarf or elf-vampire-angels please! Be sure to be logical and reasonable. This is a guide for helping, not for dictating.

I would like to point out that Xusha wants to make this into a short guide for all three of these things at once, so I doubt she will split them into three separate guides. Or at least that is what she told me.
Lady Morri
Lady Morri

Number of posts : 113
User Points : 5467

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:06 am

I don't necessarily mean to make three guides, but maybe divide this guide into three categories. That way a newbie to RPing would see this and think that a samurai is the same thing as a human or a demon.
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Zard : What Race Should I Choose? Whitecc
Number of posts : 3156
User Points : 228781

Back to top Go down

Post by Xusha Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:12 am

This is also ongoing, but I can fix things as soon as I have enough time to make it proper.
Xusha
Xusha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsebi Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Regarding Vampires: the whole if you get bitten you become one, seems a tad too easy, cant you change to blood ingestion? (if one dies after having ingested vampire blood, one becomes a vampire)
Also: you might wanna redo this thing; having races like warrior, samurai, ninja, etc doesnt make sense.
How about Human, Elf (multiple kinds), dwarf, Outsider (angels, demons, those tentacle thingys that make you go squick, elementals, anything on another plane of existence), Goblinkind (orcs, goblins, etc), Robotic, and Supernatural (Vamps, Werewolves, Mummies, Frankenstein, etc)
Mrsebi
Mrsebi
In Your Head

Zard : What Race Should I Choose? Pinkxs
Number of posts : 2166
User Points : 74952

Back to top Go down

Post by Xusha Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:31 am

Read the first paragraph again, s'il vous plaît.
Xusha
Xusha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaotic Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:43 am

I think you forgot the amazing killer leprechauns..
Kaotic
Kaotic
Your Local Leprechaun!

Zard : What Race Should I Choose? Shinyg
Number of posts : 2092
User Points : 36579

http://www.blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum