[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Copyrights and Crowbars

Go down

Copyrights and Crowbars Empty Copyrights and Crowbars

Post by Bram Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:50 pm

~Discussion~

Miscellaneous

Scripts
A Short Explanation
What Just Happened: Part 1
What Just Happened: Part 2

Void Journal
Entry 1
Entry 2
Entry 3
Entry 3.5
Entry 4

Void War
Chapter One

ToDo

Familiar Grounds
Bram visits Earth and... Wait, what?

Origins
Spoiler:
The Grey Factor
Something or someone has caused a variation in the timeline, placing Grey in absolute power over Lore.

Death Mage
Something is happening...

Last edited by Bram on Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:41 pm; edited 25 times in total
Bram
Bram
Insane Mage
Insane Mage

Number of posts : 372
User Points : 23725

Back to top Go down

Copyrights and Crowbars Empty A Short Explanation

Post by Bram Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:35 am

Bram is sitting alone in a room, playing with a doll.
Pere walks into the room and sees Bram.

Peregrine: Uhh, Bram?
Bram: WHAT.

Bram hides the doll behind his back.

Bram: Oh, hello Pere. Can I help you?
Peregrine: Uhh, yea, where are we?
Bram: Hehe...

Bram starts to laugh as if he knows something Peregrine doesn't.

Bram: Ahahaha, AHAHAHA!

Bram raises his arms in the air and lightning crackles down from the sky.

Bram: Fools! I now have the power known as SCRIPT WRITING!
Peregrine: So you're bored and have nothing to do other than attempt to create a comedy script series that you hope may someday be as good as mine but you know wont be because a million other people have already tried?

The lightning stops, and so does Bram's laughter. It is replaced by the sound of sobbing. Bram is now kneeling on the floor before Peregrine.

Bram: YES. YES! IT'S ALL TRUE!
Peregrine: My shoes are getting wet.
Bram: I'M HOPELESSLY LOST IN A SEA OF PLAGIARISM!
Peregrine: Huh. Nice banner. Flash animation?
Bram: Y-yes...

The crying stops.

Peregrine: Aren't those gears from that sword of Weena's that you animated?

Bram dies.

Peregrine: Bram?... Bram?... If it makes you feel any better, I added you in one of my stories earlier as a superhero.

Bram sits up.

Bram: How many lines did I get?
Peregrine: Four.
Bram: HECK YEA. TAKE THAT CIAL!

Bram runs off into the distance, no longer listening to Peregrine who is explaining that Cial already got a whole chapter about him taking over TR.

Bram
Bram
Insane Mage
Insane Mage

Back to top Go down

Copyrights and Crowbars Empty What Just Happened: Part 1

Post by Bram Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:44 am

There is a table, at the table there is seated thirteen people; on the left is Greg, Peregrine, Angel of Grief, Weena, Anastaysiya, and Ryzaa. On the right is Cheesey, Pmk, Icewolfking, ChaosKachoo, Felix, and Compactsora. At the head of the table is Bram, he is holding a book titled 'ManaBending for Noobs - One of the few magical arts noobs cannot hope to achieve!' and appears to be absorbed in the text. Everyone else is talking amongst themselves.

Suddenly Bram slams the book on the table, the room is quiet.

Bram: NOW I'M SURE YOU'RE ALL WONDERING WHY I CALLED YOU HERE TODAY.
Compactsora: Why are you yelling?
Bram: YOU HAVE ALL BEEN SUMMONED BEFORE ME BECAUSE I FELT LIKE IT. AND BECAUSE THERE IS AN IMPORTANT MATTER THAT NEEDS TO BE ADRESSED.
Cheesey: Isn't this supposed to be a story about TR?
Bram: AT SOME POINT EARLIER THIS WEEK I STARTED WRITING A SERIES OF SCRIPT COMEDY STORY THINGS.
Kachoo: Yea, I'm not in TR.
Bram: WE ALL KNOW THE CONSEQUENCES IF I SUCCEED.
Weena: Where's the bathroom?
Bram: AND THAT IS WHY YOU ARE HERE; TO STOP ME FROM WRITING.
Ana: That seems a bit paradoxical to me. Didn't you just post something on the forums about paradox prevention?
Bram: ALRIGHT, THE NEXT PERSON TO SPEAK IS FIRED.
Pere: Hey, that was my story idea!

Bram pushes a button beside him on the table, a trapdoor opens up under Peregrine's chair. Screaming can be heard as he falls to his death.

Pere: PLAGIARIST!.....
Grief: That was a bit harsh, don't you think?

Bram pushes a different button, and Angel of Grief follows Peregrine down into the deep caverns below.

Bram: GO NOW, THE FATE OF THE WORLD RESTS IN YOUR HA-

Bram is hit over the head by a frying pan, the giver of the deathly blow steps out of the shadows, it is none other than the nefarious Shadow himself.

Greg: Not cool, dude.
Shadow: PH33R THE PHRYING PAN.

Shadow falls over dead, a bullet hole through his heart. Everyone turns to see Ana holding a Beatles album. One edge has smoke rising from it.

Ana: I've wanted to do that for a long time.
Ryzaa: WE'RE TRAPPED! ALL THE DOORS ARE LOCKED AND ONLY BRAM KNOWS THE PASSWORD!

Compactsora walks up to one of the doors and types some words into the keypad. The door opens.

Weena: How did you know what the password was?
Compactsora: It was just a guess; "IMADETHEVOIDANGRYFACEMILTONIUS"
Ryzaa: WE'RE SAVED!

Ryzaa runs out the open door and is eaten by a dragon.

Pmk: ME NEXT!

Pmk runs out the open door and is eaten by a dragon.

Ice: Is it just me, or did we just lose two people.
Cheesey: And why does it feel like Bram is just picking random people for each line?
Bram: Don't worry, I have this all under control! I wrote all of your names down on a sticky note and crossed out the dead ones. This way I wont forget anyone.

Bram takes the sticky note off the top off the stack of sticky notes and sticks it to Greg. The next sticky note in the stack of sticky notes is Sticky.

Sticky: Yo.
Felix: Sticky? What are you doing there?
Sticky: Stickin'.
Weena: Alright, you have to admit that one was pretty bad.
Ice: I feel robbed.

The ceiling starts caving in, a piece of Sheetrock hits Kachoo in the head, killing him.

Ana: I think Bram is running out of ideas.
Sticky: Why do you say that?
Ana: He's compensating for his decreasing attention span and degrading quality of lines by killing off as many characters as possible so as to make it seem as if something is happening, and hopefully implement comedy in the process.
Sticky: Wuuuuut.

Icewolfking, Cheesey, and Compactsora disappear as Ibibo materializes in their place.

Bram: Ibibo! We thought you were dead!
Ib: If you're expecting me to say 'Well you thought wrong!' and hit you with a blunt, metal object, then you can forget about it. Just like you forgot about me.
Bram: I didn't forget about you!
Ib: Yea you did, that's why I wasn't in the original cast list.
Felix: Who's left? We need to combine our forces to take out that dragon so we can escape.
Dragon: Hey, mythical creatures are people too. :(
Felix: Shut up, no one asked you.
Dragon: Meanie.

The dragon walks away.

Bram: Just because of that, he gets to eat you in a later story. Twice.
Felix: I hate my life.
Ib: I hate your life too.
Weena: What are we waiting for? WE'RE FREE!

Weena runs out the open door and is decapitated by a limbo bar.

Ana: Yea, I totally didn't see that one coming.
Bram: IT KEEPS YOU ON YOUR FEET.

Bram runs out the open door and is decapitated by a limbo bar.

Sticky: I say we re-group in the next chapter.
Greg: Yea, the title does say 'Part 1'.
Ib: NO ONE SAY ANYTHING FOR THE NEXT THIRTY SECONDS.

Thirty seconds pass.

To be continued...

Last edited by Bram on Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Bram
Bram
Insane Mage
Insane Mage

Back to top Go down

Copyrights and Crowbars Empty What Just Happened: Part 2

Post by Bram Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:22 am

Previously...

Ryzaa: WE'RE TRAPPED!
Bram: Don't worry, I have this all under control!
Ice: I feel was robbed.
Bram: Ibibo! We thought you were dead!
Ib: NO ONE SAY ANYTHING FOR THE NEXT THIRTY SECONDS.

And now, the conclusion...

Felix: You just did that to get the last line, didn't you.
Ibibo: AND IT WORKED!... So it's 'Ibibo' now is it?
Bram: 'Ib' sounded funny.
Ana: Isn't this a comedy?
Ibibo: Why isn't Ana 'Anastaysiya'?
Bram: Because you're about to die in an unexpected plot twist.
Ibibo: Ahaha- WAITWUT.

A ventilation shaft pops out of the ceiling and lands on Ibibo, killing him. A man in black leather holding a shotgun falls out of the vent. He slowly removes his glasses to reveal a stone cold face. His words roll around the room like thunder.

Flaw: Come with me if you want to live.
Felix: I call shotgun!

Flaw of Insanity shoots Felix in the head with his shotgun. Felix falls over dead.

Sticky: I think he meant the passenger seat of the car...
Flaw: An alien ripped it out.

All five stark walking to Flaw's jeep, which is parked a few feet away.

Ana: Hey Bram, didn't you die.
Bram: Uhh... Didn't YOU die?
Ana: No.
Bram: K.

Bram, Ana, and Sticky sit in the back seat. Flaw hops in the front. And Greg walks around to the trunk. When he opens it up, Charon is sitting inside with a monkey stuffy.

Greg: Charon?
Charon: RUN CHIM CHIM, RUN! SAVE THE CANDY!
Flaw: He had a mental breakdown earlier.
Charon: WE HAVE TO FIND SPEED!
Flaw: I still don't know what happened.

Greg closes the trunk and jumps on top, where he finds a mounted turret gun.

Greg: How much ammo does this thing have?
Flaw: I used the unlimited ammunition cheat, why?
Greg: Just wondering.

Flaw starts driving away when Weena respawns in front of the jeep.

Weena: FINALLY. There is SO much lag on- OH CRAP.

Flaw drives the car strait over Weena.

Sticky: FIFTY POINTS!
Flaw: I'M ON FIRE!
Bram: GO FOR THE HIGH SCORE!

Flaw catches on fire.

Flaw: AHH! I'M ON FIRE!
Ana: INORITE?
Sticky: BURN BABY BURN!

Flaw reduces in age approximately twenty years. The car swerves out of control, as Flaw cannot reach the controls at his current size.

Flaw: AHHHHH!!!!
Bram: AHHHHH!!!!
Ana: AHHHHH!!!!
Sticky: AHHHHH!!!!
Greg: AHHHHH!!!!

The car falls off a cliff, landing in a river.

Bram: GET THE OXYGEN TANKS!
Flaw: THEY'RE IN THE BACK WITH CHARON!

Bram lights a match and throws it in the gas tank. The explosion sends them all flying to a nearby beach.

Flaw: Good thing I used that invincibility cheat, too.

A large rectangular box lands on Sticky, killing him.

Flaw: I guess it doesn't protect against large boxes.

One side of the box opens, Charon climbs out while sipping a Dr. Pepper.

Charon: Did you guys know the trunk was a mini-fridge?
Flaw: Charon! You're back to normal!
Charon: I wasn't normal?
Greg: Look what I found.

Greg holds out a small device with an antenna and two buttons on it. One button is green and labeled 'Press' whilst the other is red and labeled 'DO NOT PRESS!'

Bram: I guess this story is newspaper worthy. What you you people think?
Everyone Else: NU.

Greg presses the red button, a snarling monster is released from a cage. It stares at each person individually, it's glowing eyes piercing into their souls. It reaches up with it's clawed hands and removes it's mask.

Vamp: Hai.
Greg: DIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Greg shoots Vamp with the gun that was mounted on the jeep. After two seconds he falls over dead.

Charon: I think that was our clan leader.
Greg: I know.
Ana: So, what does the other button do?

Greg presses the green button. A helicopter descends from the sky and lands on Flaw, killing him.

Greg: Well, now I won't have to shoot him for making another Predator reference.

The door to the chopper opens, when the four climb inside they see Pere is the pilot and Grief is the co-pilot.

Bram: Didn't I kill you guys?
Pere: Didn't you die?
Bram: I see your point.
Grief: I'm going to say something now, because I know the end is coming up and I want a line.
Bram: Just for that, I'm striking your lines from the script.
Grief: FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU.

~Fin~

Bram
Bram
Insane Mage
Insane Mage

Back to top Go down

Copyrights and Crowbars Empty Void Journal, Entry 1

Post by Bram Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:32 am

Thursday, March 17th, 8014

Dear Journal,

I guess this is what I should do; start a journal. The obvious question to the observer would be Why? Well, the connection between the Void and the universe in which Lore exists is degrading. Every second, another bridge between the two universes collapses. I don't know how this is happening, but it is. And there are preparations to be made.

First, allow me to clarify; The Void and the Lorean Universe - the exact name of which has yet to be found - are connected by a number of inter-dimensional 'gateways' that, with the proper knowledge and power, can be used to travel between the two worlds. As far as I or any other scientist in my field knows, these bridges have existed since the approximate date of 350. It cannot be a coincidence that the exact same date is shared with the day the black hole consumed my homeworld and I made what is - again, as far as I know - the longest tesser in the history of... Well, history. When I awoke, I was in The Void. I do not know how, but because I sent Feirg and Ronar first, they must have escaped to lore.

I have believed that for a long time, but now I am questioning the reality of our two worlds.

My theory is that by tessering while in the event horizon of the black hole, I ripped the fabric of space in a way that would allow the right person, in the right time, to travel to The Void. But if this is true, Feirg and Ronar would have also been sent through... I believe this has gone beyond my power. The damage to the space time continuum is naturally repairing itself.

I have chosen not to tell anyone except Greg and Lia of this predicament until I am sure it is irreversible. There is also the problem of where I will stay when and if the time arises to chose worlds. Greg has already chosen, he will remain in the Lorean Universe. Unlike humans, Zards have the ability to exist in the Void for indefinite periods of time without disintegrating. This means that he did not have to be infused with Void Matter, and he is still of his universe.

I, on the other hand, am torn between the two. I will ponder this a little while longer...

And then there is Weena, my semi-apprentice. His powers have quickly accelerated beyond mine, in a matter of four years he has become far superior to any Void Dweller I have ever met. Yet he refuses to accept his power. He somehow becomes the only Void Dweller to naturally acquire two Void Forms at once and yet he still relies on ManaBending. Like magnets, Mana is a weak force. That doesn't go without saying it can pack one hell of a punch in the right hands, but it is refined to be harmless in its raw form. Unrefined Mana is like water; it is so common, that we take it for granted. I think my fascination with Weena is caused by his unusual powers, he is one of the last two ManaBenders in his dimension, he has two forms, and is the record holder for most near-death experiences. Even Death himself has taken an interest in him.

Which reminds me, Deaths realm exists on a similar plain to The Void, which is why it connected itself to this universe when the bridges were formed. He will, however, detach himself from us when we detach from Lore.

This is all for now, I will write more when needed.

~Bram
Bram
Bram
Insane Mage
Insane Mage

Back to top Go down

Copyrights and Crowbars Empty Void Journal, Entry 2

Post by Bram Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:55 am

Sunday, March 20th, 8014

Dear Journal,

Everything has gone awry since the last time I wrote. It all started in the middle of the night when everyone was asleep. When I awoke, it seemed as if time itself was being torn apart. apparently this rift goes beyond my knowledge of... Well, anything.

The Rift - as the name was decided - was stretched out across not only space, but through some sort of temporal loop. It has closed not only in this time frame, but in every time frame in it's existence. I do not know how this will effect the timestream, but it appears to have split off at least a billion different realities. In most of which I am assuming that I am deceased.

I was just lucky enough to be at the very front of the wave, it's existence didn't pass beyond when I am now. I wonder what everyone in lore is thinking right now... I guess I am still a member of TR no matter what, but this all seems so strange.

On to the technical stuff, three out of the four regions have reported in with no linear damage. The Shadow region, however, has yet to even contact the council after the incident. This worries me for a number of reasons.

Miltonius and his region seem to have disconnected from the Void. With all the adventures of Lore that he invites to wander around, I think this is a good thing. After the natural environment started seeping in, they would all start to disintegrate.

There are other things that need my attention, I will write more when there is more to write.

~Bram

~Lore~

Just another day... Greg thought as he was drifting off to sleep, I wonder how the Void is holding up, Bram kept muttering something about phase... Invert...
A sudden shift in the timestream shook the little Zard awake. Something was wrong.

Vamparagon had been awoken by a small series of tremors, he had originally thought it to just be an earthquake, but when the shaking continued he decided to investigate.
Looking out his window, he noticed dark blotches in the sky, almost as if...
"This has Bram written all over it." He grabbed his coat and made his way to the portal Bram kept open to access the Void directly from TR. "Why I even put up with his shenanigans is beyond me. This time he's not going to be getting off the hook that easily."
But when Vamp turned the corner and he saw the group standing in front of the portal, he knew that something was up.

Weena was distraught. He had been having a perfectly wonderful dream about a planet made of marshmallows when he was awoken by what could only be the collapse of a very large rift in space and time. And with Bram being the only one capable of creating such a portal, he knew right where to go.
He wasn't as much scared or frightened by what this meant as much as he was frustrated with Bram for interrupting his sleep and his dream in candy land.
As he approached Bram's constant Void Portal, he was already preparing a lecture about how "You were the very person who told me to be careful about these things!" He looked forward to scolding an eight thousand year old, half-Void Dweller, Mage, about his own teachings.
Weena began his first sentence before he reached the opening, but soon regretted it; walking into the portal felt like being stabbed by a million hot knives, or was it freezing cold needles? It was hard to tell, but it wasn't pleasant.

"Out of the way! Let me get to that portal danget!" Vamp forced his way through the crowd of people obstructing his view of Bram's portal. When he finally got to the middle of the mob, he noticed Weena crouching on the ground while mixing some sort of green liquid into a pool of Mana.
"Weena! Where the heck is Bram, and what is that!?"
"I don't know where Bram is, but this should help us find him." Weena croaked.
"My god, you sound terrible." Vamp said, but was barely heard over the ramblings of the crowd. "Ugh, everyone go back to your rooms." Vamp yelled.
The crowd started dissipating, and soon the only one who were left were Vamp, Weena, and Ryzaa.
"Please tell me this was worth getting out of bed in the middle of the night for." Ryzaa rubbed his left eye sleepily.
"I think Bram screwed up on something huge." Weena continued mixing the substances.
"Wow, did you catch some sort of cold?"
"It's the portal, I went inside for a few seconds. It's below minus forty in there."
"Fahrenheit or Celsius?" Ryzaa inspected the portal with half-open eyes.
"At that temperature they're the same." Vamp replied.
"Really?... Huh, I didn't know that."
Hello, people. Everyone turned to see Greg standing a few meters away. Sorry I had to be the one to say this, but the bridge between Lore and The Void has just collapsed.
Bram
Bram
Insane Mage
Insane Mage

Back to top Go down

Copyrights and Crowbars Empty Void Journal, Entry 3

Post by Bram Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:38 am

March 27th, 8014

The Shadow Region has declared War on The Void. I don't know what their motives are yet, but they seem to have taken advantage of our situation... I can't write any more now, I'm needed.

Supplemental

I have just returned from a meeting with the council; Zaa Shea has requested that we either surrender to the Shadow Region or there will soon be a 'problem.' The message was written in Voidin, and the closest synonym for the word that was used was 'problem,' but more... Threatening.

Anywho, people are being assigned to Cautionary War Posts (CWP's) in case the Shadow Region does attack. Although, considering that their defensive and offensive capabilities are just as low as any other region, I don't see how they could do much damage in a 1/3 losing ratio fight. If the Shadow Region does fall, however, I feel that it will create a great unbalance in The Void.

Residual effects from the Incident have been showing up everywhere; mostly in the form of blind spots. Blind spots are spaces in The Void where nothing exists, not even Void Matter. If someone enters a blind spot, they are killed instantly and their bodies are disintegrated. Not the best way to go, but I imagine it's quite painless. The worst part about blind spots is that they are undetectable by the naked eye, to find one you need to use a special device that infuses the surrounding area with highly charged Void Matter; when it comes into contact with a blind spot, the destruction of the charged Void Matter creates a small discharge of light. Before now, blind spots have been just as rare as Lorean Void Dwellers, but now they're cropping up all over the place. I'm hoping a chance to study them is provided in the near future.

I'll write soon if anything interesting happens. You know, with Zaa Shea and the Shadow Region.

"What do you mean, 'Just gone.'" Vamparagon had called a meeting the day after the Incident to discuss what had happened, and what should be done.
Let me start from the beginning; Unlike most meetings, however, Greg had been invited to this one, on the bounds that he knew what was going on, Over seven thousand years ago when Bram and I - not to mention two others that will remain unidentified - escaped from Axran while a black hole started to consume it-
"You mean the one that Bram had created in a blind furry while trying to exact his revenge on a lich?" Everyone turned and stared at Flaw of Insanity.
Yea... That one. Not the one Drou created when he was bored.
"Drou?" Ryzaa asked.
"A madman who Bram met on Axran, and one of the only a handful of people in the known universe who could defeat him." Flaw explained.
Yea... Him. Aaanyyywaaayyysss... When we escaped from Axran; although I was unconscious, Bram has explained it to me many times, his tesser ripped a hole - or a bridge - in space, caused by the proximity to the increasingly large black hole.
"A temporal gateway, created by increasingly large amounts of dense matter and temporal wavelengths - like those created by tesseracts." This time Flaw noticed he was the only other person speaking, "... Am I the only one who listens to Bram's rants?"
"Yeah."
"Probably."
"I know I don't."
There was a mumble of phrases about the room.
"I just have one question;" Vamparagon said, "Is Bram trapped in The Void? Because I know they don't have black holes over there, all they have is Void Matter. And Bram is the only other person I know of who can tesser."
Not only is he trapped, but there is a high chance that he is dead, along with everyone else in The Void. There was a rustle of people shifting in their seats, You see, as Vamp said; the only thing in The Void is Void matter. It has no definite state, so it can be used to make just about anything; which is useful. The downside to this is that in the case of a gateway meltdown, there is a fifty fifty chance that all of the Void Matter will become negatively charged, and then disipate; creating what is called a "blind spot." A blind spot is an absence of anything and everything. They're quite dangerous.
There was an uncomfortable silence in the room. After a few minutes, Vamp finally spoke, "Meeting adjourned."

Bram
Bram
Insane Mage
Insane Mage

Back to top Go down

Copyrights and Crowbars Empty Void Journal, Entry 3.5

Post by Bram Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:29 pm

"What if we adjusted the phase variant.... Negative point three degrees?" Lia said while monitoring a large, floating screen.
"No... That would cause the temporal interference dampeners to overheat and create a time cascade..." Bram replied. They were sitting in a white, well-lit room covered with light blue screens. There were no apparent sources of light. A large sphere floated in the center, with four larger screens on all sides of it.
"Well, if we modified the dampeners to automatically adjust to the frequency of the phase variant...?" There was a tapping sound and Lia input codes into a simulator."
"Maybe, that might work. But you'd have to manually invert the timeflow discriminator every time there was a magnetic discharge, even then the puncture would only last a few moments."
"Well, lets give it a try." Lia pressed a few more buttons and the screen on the monitor she was at transfered to one of the larger four. "Computer, run simulation on file "Void_to_Lore_Test_0000000001453."
A musical tone from the monitor indicated that the command had been accepted. The sphere in the middle of the room began to morph.
"This new system is fantastic." Lia marveled at the computer interface.
"The amazing thing is how Felix was able to find a way to re-create it with Void Matter." Bram went to a nearby monitor and brought up the schematic of the computer. "Fifty four thousand billion terraquads of data every nanosecond... I actually think that's even more efficient than the Titanos. Although, I wouldn't know. Felix was always so protective of that thing. Huge, metal, floating... But to be fair, I probably would have screwed it up somehow."
"Yes, we all know how much of a wizard you are with computers." There was much sarcasm emphasized on the word 'wizard.'
"Test simulation created. Test environment created. Test characters created." a robotic voice echoed from the monitor. "Ready for simulation."
"With all this technology, we still have to put up with that annoying default void program." Lia scanned over the screen, checking a few variables before the simulation.
"Don't blame me, Felix was the one who sent the voice program over. He's also the one who didn't send the setup file for installing a new voice." Bram copied Lia's example and ran a few diagnostics before the simulation.
"Well, I think it's ready." Lia pressed a button and three of the screens shrunk down and disappeared, revealing that the sphere had morphed into a simulator of the test portal. The fourth screen became smaller, but instead it tilted itself upward and started to glow bright red.
"If this works, we'll be able to send a test transmission to Lore instructing them on how to make their own device, then once they're both in place, boom! Home in time for tea. Well, not exactly. Plus I hate tea."
"Alright then, lets wish ourselves luck." Lia pressed a finger to the small screen. The simulation started to play...

Bram
Bram
Insane Mage
Insane Mage

Back to top Go down

Copyrights and Crowbars Empty Void Journal, Entry 4

Post by Bram Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:21 am

It's April, I think. Early April. The last time I made an entry was before the attack, before the twenty eighth test. Me and Lia were in the lab running the simulation. Everything worked perfectly, we ran it twice more just to be sure. The next day, after getting the Council's approval, we ran a field test in a secluded section of The Void. It was a success, we were able to open a small puncture in spacetime. I can't be sure that it was transmitted to Lore, but there is hope.

That's what triggered the attack, apparently the degrading state of the bridge between Lore and The Void was accelerated artificially by the Shadow Region. They have been planning this for Death knows how long.

As I was saying, when the puncture was created, it sent a stream of unknown particles strait to the Shadow Region. No doubt they had booby-trapped key field test points with some sort of emitters to warn them if anyone tried to make an attempt to re-open the bridge.

The attack started out as a black-out in every major Arcane, Blood, and Primal region city. If you listened hard enough, you could hear the footsteps. The Shadow Region had amassed an army of over nine thousand people. That's about half the population of The Void. No one knows how, but they did.

Lia and I had to get back to the Central region as fast as possible. I tried to tesser us there, but some sort of dampening field had been activated. Normally, nothing like that would have stopped me on Lore, but The Void's special physics limited my ability to tesser and mad it susceptible to barriers. We managed to make our way to the Council building, and get in through the lower entry point without being seen.

Right now we're under siege; me, Lia, Darjuza, and DoCutal. Stuck in the building for three days or so. The Deflector seems to be operating quite well. I will write later when I feel the need to.

Bram set down the small, leather book and rubbed his eyes. They had been under siege for what seemed like years.
"Hey," He looked up and saw Lia walking over to him, holding two glasses of water, "You haven't eaten or drunk anything at all in the past few days."
"Just because I'm part Axranian doesn't mean I need to eat and drink to stay alive." he accepted the water anyways, and sipped it while looking around the room. It was a brightly lit, circular room; like most in The Void. A large table sat in the middle, with four seats slightly higher than the others - those of the four Council members. Other than the table, the chairs, and a rectangular indentation in the wall for the synthesizer, the room was bare. As always, there was no source for the light; it was just there.
"I know, but that doesn't mean you can't." Lia had taken a seat next to him in one of the lower chairs. The other two Council members - Darjuza Finda of the Primal Region and DoCutal Barua of the Blood Region - were seated in their regular seats, discussing escape and defense plans. A few other people were scattered throughout the building, no more than four or five people of high importance; people like Bram.
"Writing a diary, eh?" Lia poked a finger at Bram's book.
"It's a journal, and yes." Bram placed his journal into his robe pocket.

On the fifth day of Bram's absence, a small pillar had been placed in front of the TR stronghold; no more than three feet tall. Upon the base of the stone, this was inscribed:

Bram
A Mage of mystery,
even in his questionable death.

Attached to the bottom of the plaque was a sticky note. It read:

Dear Shadow,
This memorial sucks. When I said to write
something with deep meaning that emphasized
Bram's importance to us, I didn't expect that
you would take a shortcut and call him 'mysterious'.

~Weena

And another note...

Dear Weena,

Shadow said that you asked him to ask me to
write this, what gives?

~Felix

It had been over two years since The Void had been cut of from Lore, and the people of Lore had gone about their lives as usual. Every now and then, someone would be reminded of Bram. There was always the hope that he was not dead.

But the most convincing hope was never to be found; a small, black canister floating in Lore's orbit appeared that day. Inside it was an ocean blue stone and a letter. Two words were scratched onto the parchment.

Still alive.

Bram
Bram
Insane Mage
Insane Mage

Back to top Go down

Copyrights and Crowbars Empty Void War, Chapter One

Post by Bram Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:38 pm

The tension in the room was increasing, it had been hours with no news from the outside. Although the thundering of Void matter from the battle had stopped, no one was quite comfortable yet. And certainly no one wanted to be the first to open the doors.
The council room wasn't all that big, but it had enough chairs for all present dwellers to sit. And enough room for pacing. Some had started forming groups; the three council members - Fiend Region Leader, Darjuza Finda; Hex Region Leader, Liabane Hexidum; and Blood Region Leader, DoCutal Barua – were all seated at the four large chairs near the back of the room. The one empty chair belonged to Zaa Shea, the Shadow Region leader who had recently begun an attack on the rest of the Void. Where or how Zaa had accumulated so many soldiers without being noticed by the other regions was unknown.
Bram sat at one of the empty chairs in a circle around the large white table. Which, he noted, matched the decor perfectly. A group of four or five dwellers sat across from him. Every few minutes one of them would turn their heads to look at him, and he would always be sitting there, staring back at them. They had no way to tell that he could hear their conversation. He didn't care to make out the specifics, but he could guess the topic with ease.
“You really shouldn't talk about people behind their backs.” Bram finally stood up, after an hour or so of eavesdropping, “It's rude and inconsiderate.”
“You should keep your nose out of other peoples conversations, Mage.” Bram recognized the voice before he saw the dweller's face; it was Kaarr Notura, a Fiend dweller, and a representative from the industrial district of the Central Region.
“Last time I checked,” Bram started to slowly make his way around the table, Magi were still one step above Dwellers.” Kaarr and him had a long history of disagreements. Most of them ending abruptly with fireworks.
“You don't belong here. Ever since you arrived we have been plagued by war and disputes. Harvested matter is becoming less and less pure every day. And now this.” Kaarr had a way with words, a way with words that made you want to throw her in a boiling vat of corn starch, the continue to stir it while humming 'Honey Pie' by The Beatles. “I bet it's you they want, if we threw you to them right now it'd save us a whole lot of trouble.”
“And what makes you think that it's me they want?” Bram was halfway to Kaarr by now, and walking a bit faster with each step.
“It's all p-plain and logical.” Kaarr started to stutter, she was a quick talker, but not much of a fighter, and as everyone; she wasn't all to sure that putting Bram in a bad mood was the best way to solve anything. “Maybe they sealed off the Void on p-purpose.”
Bram stopped a few meters from Kaarr, as if he had run into a wall. “Impossible. The energy to do such a thing would... Be masked by the resulting blank spots created by constant growth obviously created when containment fluctuates. Subsequently, all lifeforms within a ten to fifteen kilometer radius – depending on the size - of the skin would be instantly masked, visual profiles and all...” Bram almost chuckled, and would have if it were not for the current situation. “It's all plain and logical.”
There was a resounding crack throughout the chamber, as someone began to pound away at the defenses surrounding the door to the main council room.
The room was dead silent, the Hex Dwellers automatically switched into position to block any attack, with Bram directly in front.
The shuddering beat on the door ceased, but was soon replaced by a dull glow.
“They're overloading the barrier. Get ready...” Bram sifted through his mind, until he found a small corner of his thoughts, in that corner was a mental box. Inside of the box were five objects; Bram's original Magi robes, his Magi-Metal staff, Magi-Metal gauntlet, his Void Matter sword, and another box. He grabbed the sword and returned to the conscious world. Only a billionth of a second had passed, and the glow was still steadily intensifying.
Bram
Bram
Insane Mage
Insane Mage

Back to top Go down

Copyrights and Crowbars Empty Re: Copyrights and Crowbars

Post by Bram Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:58 pm

Lock please.
Bram
Bram