[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Liven TR up?

+9
Peregrine
Jason
Snukems
Cial
Erik
Icey
Darre
Shadz
Flaw of Insanity
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Has TR been going downhill?

Liven TR up? - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Liven TR up? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Liven TR up? - Page 2 Vote_lcap79%Liven TR up? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 79% 
[ 11 ]
Liven TR up? - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Liven TR up? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

Liven TR up? - Page 2 Empty Re: Liven TR up?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:36 pm

Maybe we can just accept that this clan is on it's way to shriveling up and dying?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:17 pm

Flaw of Insanity wrote:Just remember, we don't accept just anyone anymore, also, if they're a member of another clan, they cannot join.

Flaw, TGL was a CLUB. And it's destroyed, deleted, and all the members scattered.
I know the rule that if you're in another clan you can't join.. i've been in fourmotions for a while now..
Jason
Jason
WhiteHairedNoog

Number of posts : 1944
User Points : 10912

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:34 pm

Do TGL members even meet TR's standards for intelligence and morality? I was willing to give 5secondchaos's ten year old little brother a chance, but TGL members? Seems like we're going a bit too far.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Zard : Peregrine's rock.
Number of posts : 2007
User Points : 750544

http://twitter.com/PerryPeregrine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:05 pm

Eh.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:14 am

Pere. I was a TGL member. one of the nicer ones.. I was Head Mod.

And there are other nice TGL members I'm still in contact with. I could bring them in If you want me too.
Jason
Jason
WhiteHairedNoog

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:54 am

I already managed to draw the conclusion that you were an ex-TGL member. One of the nicer ex-TGL members, you say? That statement doesn't carry a whole lot of weight. It's not hard to be nicer than your average TGL member. But enough of us bickering like a married couple. We already dragged one thread off-topic doing that. Let's just cut down to the underlying fact this time.

I have a lot of resentment towards TGL and I know several other people — Vamparagon included — feel the same way.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:27 am

Look, I just joiend cause I was friends with Mat at the time. I was nice twords other members, if you don't belive me, so be it. If you don't want me to get to good TGL member,s also so be it, just trying to help out..
Jason
Jason
WhiteHairedNoog

Back to top Go down

Post by Wixmagic Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:41 am

Sticky wrote:Maybe we can just accept that this clan is on it's way to shriveling up and dying?

When did Sticky turn into a serious stick(y) in the mud?
Wixmagic
Wixmagic
KuKuKuKuKu

Zard : Liven TR up? - Page 2 Lightdn
Number of posts : 1169
User Points : 115099

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:16 am

Maybe he's kidding? xD
Jason
Jason
WhiteHairedNoog

Back to top Go down

Post by Wixmagic Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:17 am

Maybe he isn't :l
Wixmagic
Wixmagic
KuKuKuKuKu

Zard : Liven TR up? - Page 2 Lightdn
Number of posts : 1169
User Points : 115099

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:19 am

You never know o.o
Jason
Jason
WhiteHairedNoog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:29 am

Maybe I am? :o
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:33 am

How about we delete all the posts to make more room to post and then close the forums for a month and then reopen so that enthusiastic members will post everywhere?
Snukems
Snukems
All your clans are belong to us.

Number of posts : 691
User Points : 19170

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:39 am

That's a terrible idea.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadz Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:45 am

TURRABLE IDEA

Seriously though, thats a crappy idea...
Shadz
Shadz
Country Music Activist

Zard : Liven TR up? - Page 2 Axfeol
Number of posts : 457
User Points : 121510

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:55 am

Pere told me they were good ideas.
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:06 am

If I had a ten dollars for every time Pere lied, I'd be one poor individual. They must have been your idea.

Last edited by Sticky on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:11 am

Fine.

I'm going to go to Pere for if he said they would work.

Because he told me they were good ideas. He had this whole gigantic post arguing how it was a good idea.

"This is merely a suggestion. Feel free to discuss it, feel free to trash it, but if you do trash it, hopefully do it in a constructive way. [confidential]

Basically, you guys (the admins, or a select group of people) close the forums and chat. The reason to doing both is so that we all take a slight break from [insert forum name here] and we give time for anticipation. If something is opening as "new" then there is a possibility for everything starting fresh.

Basically what I'm proposing is that you guys close down the forums and chat for a few days, get everything reorganized, make everything feel new, maybe get a nice new forum skin (which are really easy to get btw, I could find one for you guys easily), set up the groups, start the staff from a fresh start (everyone has to sign up again, everyone has to prove they are worthy of that position, everyone must be asked "why should we choose you?" and such). It would basically be a complete fresh start for [forumname].

Many people (not all) that have power seem to take it for granted. Things such as Graphics Team and such are not taken seriously at all. No one cares about those. Give everything a fresh start in [forum]. Over the days look over what needs to be done, trash useless threads, refresh the forums, look over guides that might need some polishing, change rules as needed, and then welcome everyone back in.

This works.

This "revamp" idea has worked, and I've seen it work very recently. Some personal examples that I've seen that have worked for forums are Outline, ZNB, and slightly on ZBCode. There is also one example of a forum that was basically dead (around 5 posts per day if lucky), and they worked on a new forum and a new idea with their forum. They then posted this idea on a wildly popular news forum and now they're getting much hits from this "new" forum. I'm sure there are countless other forums that have done this and succeeded.

I just want you guys to feel confident that something like this isn't too drastic and can benefit the forum. I mean, it's not like you're going to close down the forum for more than a week (as long as you guys are all motivated to do this).

What I suggest, is that you guys choose a specific select few members from the Guild, the ones that have shown that they want change, are motivated for change, and have stuck with the Guild the longest, as they probably know more about problems arising than anyone else. If you get 5 people, that would be perfect. You don't need a large number. What you need is a very solid group of people determined to change UR for the way better. Even if things feel "okay" right now, you must agree that there are things that can be changed and can spark new ideas for members."

Topic titled "A suggestion from an Old Friend." He no longer has access to the forum in question, as it was in the staff forum of a forum that is not TR.

He also has used the delete all the posts idea in the past on his own forum.
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:59 am

he told me they were good ideas.
I never said that was a good idea. Sure, I tossed it into the pile when we were suggesting ways to fix UR's inactivity problem, but just because it was my idea doesn't make it a good idea. Let's also keep in mind that it didn't work for UR. As for my forum? I deleted all the topics in the forum because they were all filled with off-topic and unfunny. The idea only actually works when you have lots of activity so you can refill the forum with topics quickly.

He had this whole gigantic post arguing how it was a good idea.
I didn't write that post.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:08 am

Wixmagic wrote:
Sticky wrote:Maybe we can just accept that this clan is on it's way to shriveling up and dying?

When did Sticky turn into a serious stick(y) in the mud?

Sheah.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Zard : Liven TR up? - Page 2 2djta8i
Number of posts : 3457
User Points : 142320

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:11 am

And TR has lots of activity. And we only deleted all the posts after we had died.

Anyway, so sticky, i herd it wasnt mah idea.
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:19 am

InvadersFromDeepSpace wrote:Fine.

I'm going to go to Pere for if he said they would work.

Because he told me they were good ideas. He had this whole gigantic post arguing how it was a good idea.

"This is merely a suggestion. Feel free to discuss it, feel free to trash it, but if you do trash it, hopefully do it in a constructive way. [confidential]

Basically, you guys (the admins, or a select group of people) close the forums and chat. The reason to doing both is so that we all take a slight break from [insert forum name here] and we give time for anticipation. If something is opening as "new" then there is a possibility for everything starting fresh.

Basically what I'm proposing is that you guys close down the forums and chat for a few days, get everything reorganized, make everything feel new, maybe get a nice new forum skin (which are really easy to get btw, I could find one for you guys easily), set up the groups, start the staff from a fresh start (everyone has to sign up again, everyone has to prove they are worthy of that position, everyone must be asked "why should we choose you?" and such). It would basically be a complete fresh start for [forumname].

Many people (not all) that have power seem to take it for granted. Things such as Graphics Team and such are not taken seriously at all. No one cares about those. Give everything a fresh start in [forum]. Over the days look over what needs to be done, trash useless threads, refresh the forums, look over guides that might need some polishing, change rules as needed, and then welcome everyone back in.

This works.

This "revamp" idea has worked, and I've seen it work very recently. Some personal examples that I've seen that have worked for forums are Outline, ZNB, and slightly on ZBCode. There is also one example of a forum that was basically dead (around 5 posts per day if lucky), and they worked on a new forum and a new idea with their forum. They then posted this idea on a wildly popular news forum and now they're getting much hits from this "new" forum. I'm sure there are countless other forums that have done this and succeeded.

I just want you guys to feel confident that something like this isn't too drastic and can benefit the forum. I mean, it's not like you're going to close down the forum for more than a week (as long as you guys are all motivated to do this).

What I suggest, is that you guys choose a specific select few members from the Guild, the ones that have shown that they want change, are motivated for change, and have stuck with the Guild the longest, as they probably know more about problems arising than anyone else. If you get 5 people, that would be perfect. You don't need a large number. What you need is a very solid group of people determined to change UR for the way better. Even if things feel "okay" right now, you must agree that there are things that can be changed and can spark new ideas for members."

Topic titled "A suggestion from an Old Friend." He no longer has access to the forum in question, as it was in the staff forum of a forum that is not TR.

He also has used the delete all the posts idea in the past on his own forum.

InvadersFromDeepSpace wrote:And TR has lots of activity. And we only deleted all the posts after we had died.

Anyway, so sticky, i herd it wasnt mah idea.

Shush you.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:21 am

nou stickeh
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:23 am

Okay, no more pointless posts. :D
Seriously guys, something that makes sense.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:42 am

I bet Pere would say to remove any and all "Gimmicks"

This would include the points system.

And the titles thing is ridiculous.

Lots of people have white titles that aren't ended and overflow into the posts after the poster's.
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum