[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Regarding Non-Player Characters and Fighting.

Go down

Regarding Non-Player Characters and Fighting. Empty Regarding Non-Player Characters and Fighting.

Post by Xusha Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:02 am

Regarding your NPCs:

-An NPC is a non-player character. They did not need an avatar or second account, but you are a dependent of them.
-An NPC can easily help you advance in your quest or simply intervene to make gain for themselves.

How do I know I'm not abusing this?

Regarding the number of NPCs and their role:

You can play an encounter with an army, with a clan, and you may involve as many people as you could possibly want, but beware of the use you make of it. An apprentice magician being attacked by an entire army and surviving is highly unprovable, and such a scenario is cheesy to begin with.
-Another note: Make sure not to play your NPCs randomly. You do not solve a fight by suddenly bringing a bodyguard armed to the teeth and bragging of beating Superman to the fight.
Do not play anyone's NPCs other than your own, except those that are 'universal'. EX: If your partner RP involves an NPC journalist to interview them (in connection with an investigation or otherwise) then you do not have the right to play this character. If he plays something like a house-elf or something of the sort that is considered 'neutral', you can also use it and write their reactions, situation depending.

Fighting

The fighting will be pure RP: you simply itemize your actions, and must be realistic of course. An admin or someone of power will observe your struggle and will not hesitate to intervene if you have eyes bigger than your stomach. In short: maximize actions to attempt to win a struggle, but always remember to be realistic.

I recall that the actions of the opponent are not supposed to be controllable, and the most overused example of what is called God-Modding would be saying something along the lines of: "Player 1 cuts the belly of player 2", but something along the lines of "a player attempted to strike with his sword for player 2 in the stomach.". You choose what happens to your character, and the other player obviously does the same. Also be realistic here: you can not dodge all attacks: If needed 'Narrator' will give you ideas.

Another note on the subject: You will learn powers depending on your level and progress. Obviously it's not like pokemon, you do not have to yell "tackle" before an attack.

The unfolding of your stories about the rp:

Here's another issue I've run into. If your RP is at a lake and two topics on the forum respond separately to this location, you are not entitled to assume that the players on the other RP you are visible at this time. Here's an example.

Topic 1
Drive friendly. (Characters writing about this RP: Xusha, Kera)
Topic 2
Help, I'm drowning. (Characters writing about this RP: Nuke, Weena, Peregrine.)

These two topics, even if they are held in the afternoon and at the lake on the same day should never mix.
Players must remain on of the subject in the subject 1, and those of 2 in the subject 2.
These two different time spaces are defined by the simple fact that they are divided into two topics. Nuke could not pretend he sees Kera driving and control his character into stopping and saving him.
Xusha
Xusha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Zard : Regarding Non-Player Characters and Fighting. 3359xqb
Number of posts : 1130
User Points : 427906

Back to top Go down