[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

New rule: No animated signatures without underlying Oedipal themes.

+18
Snukems
Tim Hortans
Erik
Thoru
Katherine
Wixmagic
Darth James
Darre
Flaw of Insanity
Drwho
Rage
Juliana
Xusha
Shadow
DigDog
Mrsebi
Tom Gaskarth
V
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New rule: No animated signatures without underlying Oedipal themes. Empty New rule: No animated signatures without underlying Oedipal themes.

Post by V Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:08 pm

Dear TRites,

I'm enforcing a new rule that animated signatures are not allowed. These cause too much lag when browsing boards and are generally unnecessary. If you still want to keep the theme your animated signature has, I suggest turning it into a static image and saving it as a .png.

Staff: Please remove any animated signatures that are used.

Related: Who wants pony-themed signatures?

Thank you for your compliance,
-V

Last edited by V on Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
V
V
agina

Zard : New rule: No animated signatures without underlying Oedipal themes. 2pt1bvm
Number of posts : 3752
User Points : 10237727

http://www.trforums.com

Back to top Go down

New rule: No animated signatures without underlying Oedipal themes. Empty Re: New rule: No animated signatures without underlying Oedipal themes.

Post by Tom Gaskarth Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:19 pm

Changed it just in time then :P
Tom Gaskarth
Tom Gaskarth
Tumbleweed
Tumbleweed

Zard : New rule: No animated signatures without underlying Oedipal themes. 2pt1bvm
Number of posts : 1991
User Points : 86298

http://twitter.com/IFlyDragons

Back to top Go down

New rule: No animated signatures without underlying Oedipal themes. Empty Re: New rule: No animated signatures without underlying Oedipal themes.

Post by Mrsebi Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:34 pm

Do forum animated sigs count? Like, small images that you add the right movement thing
Mrsebi
Mrsebi
In Your Head

Zard : New rule: No animated signatures without underlying Oedipal themes. Pinkxs
Number of posts : 2166
User Points : 74956

Back to top Go down

Post by V Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:41 pm

MrSebi wrote:Do forum animated sigs count? Like, small images that you add the right movement thing

Yes.
V
V
agina

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:18 am

How about implementing a script that makes the board show a sig only once per page?
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Number of posts : 3197
User Points : 144134

Back to top Go down

Post by V Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:45 am

Unless if it's pure html or can be done through editing the stylesheet, Forummotion offers little support in terms of installing custom scripts.
V
V
agina

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:13 am

Is it just .gif animated or is it .swf animated too?
Shadow
this is a title

Number of posts : 3430
User Points : 572077

Back to top Go down

Post by V Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:23 am

Intensely animated .swf's are banned, but ones with buttons for links (like the x-box sigs) or MoTM plaques are fine.
V
V
agina

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsebi Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:45 am

I meant like this
are these not allowed?

New rule: No animated signatures without underlying Oedipal themes. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDGoNLgkZt4CEOfMxDT9maaaZKW7TPmjVvQfNUCYLCDyOduGLhrQ
Mrsebi
Mrsebi
In Your Head

Zard : New rule: No animated signatures without underlying Oedipal themes. Pinkxs

Back to top Go down

Post by Xusha Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:42 am

It moves. That's exactly what's being banned. Does it take a neurologist to figure that out?
Xusha
Xusha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Zard : New rule: No animated signatures without underlying Oedipal themes. 3359xqb
Number of posts : 1130
User Points : 427910

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliana Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:08 am

Just got to say, that isn't what causes the lag. That's done with the UBBC code, which is built into the forum and isn't laggy... the lag is caused by the images that are actually more like videoclips. (And which drive me crazy; I applaud this rule.) So I'm pretty sure it's just the movie images that are the ones being banned...

Vamp, clarification?
Juliana
Juliana
Storyteller!

Number of posts : 3679
User Points : 163934

Back to top Go down

Post by Rage Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:59 am

Juliana is right in that respect. Gifs and Swfs generally upload larger files whereas the code simply changes the inherent html code to make the image move from side to side, similar to marquee text.
Rage
Rage
I've covered wars, you know

Zard : Thoru's Zard
Number of posts : 2143
User Points : 220233

http://www.zimpfer.net

Back to top Go down

Post by V Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:44 am

Juli is correct is that movie clips cause the most lag. That being said, marqueed images are still generating animation on your screen and thus creating some amount of stress on your machine.

Besides, they're annoying.
V
V
agina

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsebi Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:42 pm

What about the animated emotes that already exist on the forums?
lol! Basketball bounce
Mrsebi
Mrsebi
In Your Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Drwho Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:41 pm

(semi-anual post) What about an picture of Chuck Norris, that'll lag the he'll out of your forum. I'd suggest banning those too.
Drwho
Drwho
Purple Menace

Number of posts : 163
User Points : 8102

http://...

Back to top Go down

Post by V Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:13 pm

(semi-anual post) What about an picture of Chuck Norris, that'll lag the he'll out of your forum. I'd suggest banning those too.

You can use anything you want, bro.

What about the animated emotes that already exist on the forums?
I'm enforcing a new rule that animated signatures are not allowed.
V
V
agina

Back to top Go down

Post by Flaw of Insanity Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:11 am

Sebi is in denial and wants some form of animated emote.

If it moves, no. Deal with it.
Flaw of Insanity
Flaw of Insanity
Ready for take off.

Zard : New rule: No animated signatures without underlying Oedipal themes. 2ebtl7c
Number of posts : 2856
User Points : -2147228022

http://flaw-of-insanity.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darre Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:47 am

What about posting semi-large animated images? Like how I used to grab emotes off of dA and use them in my posts. For example: New rule: No animated signatures without underlying Oedipal themes. Ninja_vs_Pirate_by_CookiemagiK
Darre
Darre
pɐɹɹǝ ʇɐןʞs ndsıpǝ poʍu

User Points : 53874

http://www.darretobe.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Gaskarth Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:59 am

V wrote:

If its in your sig then no.
Tom Gaskarth
Tom Gaskarth
Tumbleweed
Tumbleweed

User Points : 86298

http://twitter.com/IFlyDragons

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth James Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:48 am

Seems hard for your crowd to grasp a simple rule, lol.
Darth James
Darth James

Number of posts : 30
User Points : 5487

Back to top Go down

Post by Wixmagic Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:07 am

o_o What about profile pictures? And don't just quote what you said in the first thing =_= cause I'm in a bad moods.
Wixmagic
Wixmagic
KuKuKuKuKu

Zard : New rule: No animated signatures without underlying Oedipal themes. Lightdn
Number of posts : 1169
User Points : 115104

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:39 am

Why is this so hard to understand.
Shadow
this is a title

Back to top Go down

Post by Wixmagic Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:41 am

GAWD. I was just asking. Because avatars are going to generate a similar amount of lag. I WAS JUST LOOKING FOR A PLAIN ANSWER DAMNIT.
Wixmagic
Wixmagic
KuKuKuKuKu

Zard : New rule: No animated signatures without underlying Oedipal themes. Lightdn

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:42 am

And I gave you a plain answer.

Obviously there aren't enough animated avatars to make it a problem.
Shadow
this is a title

Back to top Go down

Post by Wixmagic Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:44 am

Hate you.
Wixmagic
Wixmagic
KuKuKuKuKu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next