[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Survival

+3
Mrsebi
Tim Hortans
Tom Gaskarth
7 posters

Go down

Survival Empty Survival

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:28 am

Note: You may only use equipment and abilities which you have purchased in the Survival Shop (thread going up right after this one) or have fashioned out of your environment using whatever resources you have at your disposal.

When you join this RP, you begin with the following equipment:
- 2 bottles of water (Plastic bottle, 375mL)
- 3 slices of bread
- 1 multi-purpose knife
- 1 emptied paint can
- 1 apple
- 1 set of basic clothes
- 1 small bag
- 1 Shabby tent
- 5 metres of string (8mm thick, rough texture)
- 2 metres of string (0.5 mm thick, like floss)

You may purchase new items for use in this RP using user points in The Survivalist Shop, or use whatever is at your disposal to gain new ones (ie. fashion wooden chopsticks using your all-purpose knife and a relatively thick twig, use string to attach a pointy stone to a stick to make a spear, use tools to trap animals for food, etc.)

You may be as creative as you wish with the equipment that you have. Over time, you'll unlock more items in the shop for purchase by TR user points, depending on the number of posts you've made or other factors. This is so that someone who has 200k user points can not join this thread and on their first post go off and buy a mansion and a squad of assassins.

--------

THE SCENARIO: During a trip across a large ocean in a passenger vessel owned by one of the most renowned transport companies in the world, your trip went horribly wrong when an unknown error caused the ship's engine to break down and blow a large hole in the hull. The ship quickly filled with water, and within 4 minutes since the explosion the entire ship had sunk. You, amongst many other passengers, tried to swim in any direction, to find land, but above all, staying as a group. However, a storm that began to brew made this impossible, and everyone was separated.

You continue swimming, and you make it to a large, deserted island which until now, had been undisturbed by humans. The island is roughly 2600 square km and over four fifths of it is made up of dense forestry. The coastline is, for the most part, comprised of beaches, but the North-East and North sides of it are cliffs. Roughly in the centre of the island are two dormant volcanoes, one roughly 1200 metres vertically, the other only 450 metres. They're both covered in trees, but not as tropically as the rest of the island. As these were once active volcanoes, the dirt down their slopes and around them are ideal for farmland.

Somehow, your backpack miraculously kept on your back and you realize that its contents are key to your survival.

It is now three days since you washed up on the island. You still have only one goal: simply to survive until help arrives.

--------

Time to lay down a few things. In order to keep track of things better, I will announce what day it is (starting with 3) when I feel that a day will have ended. A day goes from 4:00 AM to 3:39 AM the next day, as announcing at midnight wouldn't really seem to work. This is due to a lot of reasons, partly for when I announce a new day, your spells with a usage-per-24-hour limit are replenished.

At the beginning of your post and at other necessary junctions, please announce the time of the day that it is in bold.

This RP is THIRD-PERSON.

Also, as the maker of this RP, I hold teh powahz and anything that I see as godmodding, playing unfairly, or doing anything illogically will be severely reprimanded.

Please note that the Universal RolePlay Guidelines apply.

--------

DAY THREE

6:12 AM

Weena squinted his eyes and sat bolt upright. Gah, I really do sometimes hate myself for that, but survival is survival, he thought. He gave himself a second to yawn, then crawled out through the front flaps of his tent. He immediately jumped up, sending an aching feeling through his tired and stiff legs. Weena, however, immensely enjoyed the stretching and didn't mind the slight tinge of pain.

He looked down at his tent to see a bright ray of sunlight splaying itself directly over it. This was Weena's alarm glock clock; he'd positioned his tent in line of a gap in the bushes and shrubs so that at exactly 6:13, he'd receive a faceful of the warm morning sun.

Weena turned around and looked at his campfire; it had long since burned out. He groaned -- it took him ages to get it going. Next to it was one of his water bottles -- the other he'd set up with a short piece of string to collect water. Weena bent down and took a quick swig from it, relishing the feel of the water in his dry mouth.

Anyways, I may as well get something done, he decided, before pondering what exactly he should do, what with being stranded in the middle of this endless forest.

Last edited by Weena on Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:38 pm; edited 11 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Survival Empty Re: Survival

Post by Tom Gaskarth Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:01 am

Not too far away from Weena there was a man lying asleep on a particularly wide branch of one of the forest's many ancient trees. His things were all together in a small bag made of leather. He was lying on a part of the branch which had been painstakingly carved away at until it had become smooth. Covering him the strange man had what appeared to have been a tent at some point but had now become a makeshift blanket. The man had long un-kept purple hair on his head and thin stubble on his face. He slept soundly in the large oak tree not disturbed by the dawn chorus or the rising sun. Only the man's heavy-looking boots protruded out from underneath his blanket. The man made a rather strange noise and then rolled over and carried on sleeping.

Last edited by Tom Gaskarth on Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tom Gaskarth
Tom Gaskarth
Tumbleweed
Tumbleweed

Zard : Survival 2pt1bvm
Number of posts : 1991
User Points : 86299

http://twitter.com/IFlyDragons

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:13 am

((Mind going into more detail on the surroundings/settings/timeline sort of thing? Also I rarely post in an RP forum where there isn't an OOC section, what exactly am I supposed to do to distinguish OOC from IC? I heard double brackets or something... Also I'll edit in a post when I get some more info about the RP.))

Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Zard : Survival Whitecc
Number of posts : 3156
User Points : 228786

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsebi Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:48 am

Sebi sighed as he slouched against the rock, observing the tool in his hand. It had taken him several hours: but the axe was complete. He rubbed his eyes, tired; recalling the trouble he had gotten into for making it. He had been able to obtain a branch from one of the trees: cutting it off with his knife. Sure, the descent had been less… elegant, but the sticks lying on the ground were too brittle and weak, he needed something stronger; the tree had provided an ample specimen. The second part had been easier, as he was quickly able to find a sharp stone and tie it to the then-whittled stick, completing the tool. All that remained had been the sharpening, which he had been doing since.
He eyed the axe; it was crude, and it probably wouldn’t work for harder wood, but it had to do until a substitute could be found… Sighing, he tossed it next to the bag where he kept his supplies, and threw another stick into the fire he had started after he finished the axe. Crawling into his tent, he rested his head on the pile of dried leaves he used for a bed, and yawned.
‘’Better get some sleep…’’ he thought; ‘’tomorrow will be a busy day…’’
Mrsebi
Mrsebi
In Your Head

Zard : Survival Pinkxs
Number of posts : 2166
User Points : 74957

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Starscream Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:37 pm

Arkeyus woke to find the sun blaring into his eyes. "I really must put a little curtain up" Arkeyus had managed to carve a small cave into a tree by and axe he had made but cutting the top of the paint tin off, sharpenind it, and and making it into a sturdy chisel. for the past few days he had been fishing and working on moving a large fallen log over to make extensions to his little home. He looked at his small reservooir of water "Damm near empty- I must fill up the filter later today before it's fully depleted" Arkeyus was careful when he chose his home- it had to be close to fresh water and a good/ safe food supply and luckily he found the perfect one- plent of fruit tree's and a two streams- one salt water (very clean, clear water), relatively deep/shallow (about 90- 120cm) and another- fresh and also very clean and clear one- perfect for his water supply whilst the salty one with a bountiful amount of fish.......
Lord Starscream
Lord Starscream

Number of posts : 58
User Points : 23497

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:01 am

Day 3, 1:35 PM

Erik woke up head first in the sand, nearly out of air in the small pocket of oxygen he was stuck in.

"This isn't good!" He thought.

Suddenly, while wriggling around, he bumped his shoulder into something sharp on the surface. He grabbed it with his free hand and through a few inspections with his hand realized it was a knife. The knife served as a perfect tool to open up the area around his head so he could lift his head out of the hole. When he became free, the blinding light of the sun after hours in darkness cause him to curl up and hide himself. Slowly, he allowed himself to adjust to the light by letting in bit by bit more of it to his eyes until he could handle it.

On the ground lay 5 metal pegs, a jug of water, a second hunting knife, a backpack full of supplies he had before he arrived, and 30 pieces of string held down from the wind by the pegs. Carefully, he added these items to his bag and picked up the current hunting knife.

A great rainforest loomed in front of him, and the first thing he noticed was a dead tree. There was something special about this particular tree, he wasn't sure exactly what it was, but he knew that it had to be special somehow. A branch was lying on the ground, about 25 centimeters wide, and very straight compared to the branches of other trees around the area. Erik decided that this branch would work perfectly and brought it back to where the rain forest met the beach. Here, he began slashing it down with his multi-purpose knife.

After a short while, he realized he couldn't live forever without food and water. One thing from before the crash he could definitively remember was that he knew a bit of magic. He began to think through his mind for water spells, and could only remember one; A spell that allowed him to gather water upon metal. Luckily, he had found metal pegs earlier. He traversed a little farther into the great forest that loomed in front of him and set up the jug and the pegs so that the pegs would drip water into the jug. He cast his water spell.

The jug slowly began filling with water. At this rate, Erik believed the jug would be full in about 3 hours, so he decided to wait there until it filled. He went back to whittling down the piece of wood he had brought with him, and as he did, he began to grow attached to it. An hour passed. The branch had been whittled down about half way to where Erik wanted it to reach. At this time he broke it in half, thinking there was no reason to have a weapon that was 14 feet long. He continued whittling.

It reached 5:00, and the jug had filled with water. Erik drank from one of his small water jugs and looked at the finished 7 foot long pole he had carved. It was nearly perfect, except for the end that he had not cut earlier to cut the branch in half, but that didn't matter. Equipment in hand, he trekked back to where the beach met the rain forest to finish his little art project.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Zard : Survival M9vzwh
Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045552

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliana Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:29 pm

10:34 AM
Some hours before Erik found himself stuck in the sand, a certain young woman awoke curled up in the corner of the tent she had pitched the night before. The previous two days had for her been occupied in wandering around, searching for some sign of either another human presence or somewhere suitable for a semi-permanent camp, but finally she had come across the latter. Rubbing sleep out of her green eyes, Juli stretched limbs cramped from lying on the unfamiliar ground and crawled out of her tent.

The place she had found for camping was interesting; the young woman figured it was a good thing that in all her traipsing around the island, the only large animals she had found any sign of were humans who were clearly castaways from the same vessel as she. It was fairly deep in the jungle, deep enough that she was glad of the fact that her tent, despite its age, could be sealed sufficiently to keep out any insects that might be interested in nibbling on her; a small river splashed down a short waterfall just a few yards from the tent. Juli liked having the supply of fresh water nearby; she had heard many times that dying from dehydration was a miserable experience.

The day before, she had thought she saw signs of some other human presence, but her attempts at tracking whoever it was had ended when their trail disappeared onto a large, flat rock and didn't really seem to pick up anywhere on the other side. Hopefully, she thought, I'll do better today. Having a camp helped her confidence; she at least had somewhere safe to come back to. Now perhaps she could locate someone else.

Juli splashed some water from the stream onto her face, pulled back her hair, and picked up her backpack. If all went well, she'd find another human somewhere.
Juliana
Juliana
Storyteller!

Number of posts : 3679
User Points : 163935

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:18 am

The same morning a man awoke in a dark cave near a waterfall. This cave had been made into a makeshift appartment, concealed by a tent's canvas as a door, covered in mud, leaves and vines.

He yawned, streched and tossed a piece of the tent he cut off off of him and onto the cafe floor a foot away. Streams of light shone on the cave floor like spotlights of an island morning.

He picked up a bow, fashioned of tight string on a bowed twig, just good enough to hunt smaller animals, until he could find some better material. Along with it he picked up a small multipurpose knife, sheathed to his belt, a bottle of water, filled by the stream, and his bag, made into a makeshift arrow quiver for hunting.

He pulled back the canvas door, smiling into the morning sun to the east, then looking down to the water below.
If it's good enough for Ezio Auditore, it's good enough for Joshua "Danger" Robertson He thought, about to swan dive into the deep waters, until he saw a woman, walking past.
"Hey!" Josh yelled out to her "Who are you!?" And he sprinted down the ledge he came up from, down to her.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Zard : Survival 2djta8i
Number of posts : 3457
User Points : 142326

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: