[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Swing of Memories [And the Cial/Winnie wedding]

+15
UniqueHelios
Alderos
DigDog
Mrsebi
Winnie
Tim Hortans
Volke
Shadow
Flaw of Insanity
Cial
Tom Gaskarth
Snukems
Erik
Xusha
Peregrine
19 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Swing of Memories [And the Cial/Winnie wedding] Empty Swing of Memories [And the Cial/Winnie wedding]

Post by Peregrine Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:43 pm

It's that time again TR when we put on our nostalgia glasses and get on the swing of memories. Which may or may not be a tire swing I just hung on a tree. And the nostalgia glasses might just be some 3D glasses I walked out of a movie theatre with. But the point is to be nostalgic on a swing, and that's what we're gonna do.

Swing swing, remember the memories.

Swing swing.

I bet by this point you are all sick of me and want to know what this thread is about. Well I'm glad because I'm sick of me too. In this thread we're going to get onto the swing (not really) and write a story about something you remember that happened in TR's past. However, the swing has a price. Every time you mention someone in your story who isn't currently active in TR, you have to try to contact them to bring them back somehow. Even if someone has already mentioned them in a previous story, you still have to make an additional attempt.

I'll begin, with a short story of Tom's love life and how it inspired Vamp, Shadow, Flaw and I to fall in love with one another.

It was a rainy Janurary evening when I was looking over old threads on the TR forums and stumbled upon this gem by Tom who had decided to ask TR for relationship advice. Obviously the only thing to do was make fun of him, and that's exactly what we did.

Flaw, Vamp, Shadow and I got together on MSN and wrote up mimicry posts, We made ours into a love square, so Flaw wrote about his love for Shadow, Shadow wrote about his love for me, I wrote about my love for Vamp and Vamp wrote about his love for Flaw, but we did all this without giving specific names. We then posted all four threads at the same time.

http://www.trforums.com/f54-real-life-questions

Tom's reaction?

"I hate you all."

So since Flaw hasn't been online in 19 days and Shadow hasn't been on in 5 months, I'm now going to try to contact both of them. Vamp, Tom and I are all still active (and hopefully Tom stays that way after I used this story). And now, I relinquish the swing of memories and the 3D nostalgia glasses to the next person, who is...
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Zard : Peregrine's rock.
Number of posts : 2007
User Points : 750555

http://twitter.com/PerryPeregrine

Back to top Go down

Swing of Memories [And the Cial/Winnie wedding] Empty Re: Swing of Memories [And the Cial/Winnie wedding]

Post by Xusha Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:01 pm

I remember Tom Gaskarth. I joined a settlement not having to do with TR after I realized they weren't really getting anywhere because Guest cut down all of the trees, and other issues I wasn't there for. Then half of the clan hated AQW and Tom Gaskarth so they settled on Minecraft and those other games.

What does Guest have to do with this at all? I remember none of this.
Xusha
Xusha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Zard : Swing of Memories [And the Cial/Winnie wedding] 3359xqb
Number of posts : 1130
User Points : 427916

Back to top Go down

Swing of Memories [And the Cial/Winnie wedding] Empty Re: Swing of Memories [And the Cial/Winnie wedding]

Post by Erik Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:03 am

Oh yeah, he did do that. What a jerk.

I remember when Peregrine used to actively write stories that the entire clan loved. Yeah, those were the good old days, when we could grab a tablet, climb up a tree and read a good story about members of TR. We can only hope that Peregrine made this thread in order to get more characters back for his story.

I will now harass Peregrine to get said member "stories" back.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Zard : Swing of Memories [And the Cial/Winnie wedding] M9vzwh
Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045557

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:48 am

Oh man those, I have like, two half done. If I put them together that means I'm finished one story, right?
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:13 am

Chat was fun every time it was active.

And Pere's story was great.
Snukems
Snukems
All your clans are belong to us.

Number of posts : 691
User Points : 19181

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Gaskarth Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:17 am

I remember when after discover that animated .gifs make Juliana cry, we imposed a "NO ANIMATED SIGS" rule which had Sebi unable to under stand the meaning of the word "ANIMATED" and V & Tim proceeding to carry on using animated sigs eventually resulting in the complete ignorance of the rule.

Watch me get banned for having a animated sig now.
Tom Gaskarth
Tom Gaskarth
Tumbleweed
Tumbleweed

Zard : Swing of Memories [And the Cial/Winnie wedding] 2pt1bvm
Number of posts : 1991
User Points : 86304

http://twitter.com/IFlyDragons

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:05 am

I remember when Winnie and I did a rendition of the Tango Maureen in AQW, and she made me be the girl, and wear heels.

I also remember that time when Tom started killing me softly with a Scott Pilgrim avvie and sig.

I LIKED SCOTT PILGRIM BEFORE YOU HIPSTERS LIKED IT BEFORE IT WAS COOL.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Zard : Swing of Memories [And the Cial/Winnie wedding] 2djta8i
Number of posts : 3457
User Points : 142331

Back to top Go down

Post by Flaw of Insanity Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:15 am

Green username day. Oh the memories.
Flaw of Insanity
Flaw of Insanity
Ready for take off.

Zard : Swing of Memories [And the Cial/Winnie wedding] 2ebtl7c
Number of posts : 2856
User Points : -2147228016

http://flaw-of-insanity.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:00 am

>Log on to computer for a 5 minute study break
>See email from Pere begging me to come back
>Okay

I have a swing to share.

HAVEN AND HEARTH.

Raging at incompetent members of Fort Narwhal and our general lack of clan teamwork are some of my best memories of this place.

"Peregrine pls do something, Sebi's trying to steal the well."

"Peregrine pls do something, everybody's cutting down the trees."

"Peregrine pls do something, Sebi's taking all the village space."

"Peregrine pls do something, your very cheap trading prices have gone up and we can't survive otherwise."

"Peregrine pls do something, ALL THE BOATS ARE DISAPPEARING MAKE PEOPLE BRING THEM BACK."

"Peregrine pls do something, hermit Nuke is taking our stuff and he's doing better than us."

"Peregrine pls do something, Nuke died."

"Peregrine pls do something, we're getting raided all the time."

"Peregrine pls do something, we need to set up claims on our own land so we don't steal from each other."

"Peregrine pls do something, Throu's building a palisade around his land on the village land and he's kept the keys to himself."

And then of course there was Catharsis. Kicking out almost half of TR for THE GREATER GOOD.

And probably the best part was the aftermath. Deleting the sub-forum, blaming Peregrine for everything, pretending Tom Gaskarth never even happened and making Sebi look like an idiot. Good times.

inb4 what are you talking about Shadow I've never heard of this game before
Shadow
this is a title

Number of posts : 3430
User Points : 572083

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:24 am

Remember the time TR was "hacked"? Shadow does, and then he told me to post this here because I remember more details than he does, so here we swing (on the swing of memories).

It was an empty day at TR when Weena posted that TR had been hacked, telling everyone that it was okay not to remain calm but just try not to break anything while panicing because we didn't have much left after everything was deleted. This wasn't too long after I immigrated here from UR, so there was some suspicion that I did it. And by some suspicion I mean the first post in the thread was "I think it's Peregrine!" Weena also mentions that their crack team had "traced" the hack to another clan called Legion of the Forsaken (spoilers: the guy who actually did it was the one who told them LotF was responsible). I was unconvinced personally, knowing first hand the full power of TR members going Y DID IT from three posts previous when Y = Peregrine.

Obviously, there was only one thing to do. I put on my sunglasses and hugged my .38 revolver Daisy close. Detective Peregrine was on the case. I knew from past experience that the first step in cracking a case is having a sidekick, so I enlisted the nearest person with admin powers (Shadow) and we set out for adventure in our slightly ruffled brown suits. I also knew after getting banned from TGL earlier that the owner of a local clan named TGL was a jerk who stole tons of stuff from TR and hated it when I pointed out his numerous thefts, so I started with Mathia as my first suspect.

After the interrogation went wrong and he called Shadow and I bundles of twigs and left, I stirred up a few contacts from my days as guild leader of UR (every corrupt leader needs underworld contacts, even when your organization is for a flash MMO), and eventually one of them pointed us towards mystery informant X, whose name I will continue to withhold UNTIL THE DAY I DIE. Mystery informant X told us all about Mathia's little scheme and provided screenshots of confessions. I then proceeded to post a smug thread called "Case Closed" in which I told everyone Mathia did it and then made a joke about how TGL sucked. After which, Shadow and I sat back in our office and lit up a few cigars after a job well done.

The kicking back didn't last long, because there was more to this case then either of us could possibly have imagined. "Kaotic" shows up, and posts this gem trying to save himself:

http://www.trforums.com/t1879p30-case-closed#61417

I'm really not sure what was going on in his head when he posted pictures of himself and Nuke talking about destroying TR and then saying "THERE YOU HAVE IT PEREGRINE IS RESPONSIBLE KILL HIM BEFORE HE STRIKES AGAIN". After being welcomed back he then posted this as well:

http://www.trforums.com/t1879p45-case-closed#61424

And if you think that's stupid, just wait because afterwards Mathia goes ahead and uses Kaotic's account to delete everything once again shortly after. That's right folks. Mathia's finest moment. The whole thing came crashing down after I did the obvious thing and got Shadow to screenshot Kaotic's IP while he deleted threads, proving once and for all that it was Mathia, who was too lazy to use a proxy.

So, the inactive people in my story are Weena and Mathia. And I think I will cheat at my own game and not try to get Mathia to come back to TR and just stick with trying to drag Weena back.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Volke Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:39 am

I like how 5secondchaos still has "Styx the Dyx! V is ignorant." in his signature. That's cute.
Volke
Volke
Sandvich Maker
Sandvich Maker

Zard : Swing of Memories [And the Cial/Winnie wedding] Sticky27
Number of posts : 319
User Points : 21273

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:05 am

I like how everyone knows Volke is Sticky but he denies it.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Volke Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:14 am

But guys, I'm a new member!
Volke
Volke
Sandvich Maker
Sandvich Maker

Zard : Swing of Memories [And the Cial/Winnie wedding] Sticky27
Number of posts : 319
User Points : 21273

Back to top Go down

Post by Flaw of Insanity Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:57 am

The rule "Under no circumstances is any member allowed to be Peregrine."
Flaw of Insanity
Flaw of Insanity
Ready for take off.

Zard : Swing of Memories [And the Cial/Winnie wedding] 2ebtl7c
Number of posts : 2856
User Points : -2147228016

http://flaw-of-insanity.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:05 am

Oh God I can't believe someone took that out, it was on the official list of rules for at least a year.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Gaskarth Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:40 am

Swing of Memories [And the Cial/Winnie wedding] Picture1gfe
Tom Gaskarth
Tom Gaskarth
Tumbleweed
Tumbleweed

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:53 am

SPEAKING OF WHICH ITS HAPPENING AGAIN
I DONT WANT IT TO HAPPEN AGAIN
PLEASE STOP IT
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Zard : Swing of Memories [And the Cial/Winnie wedding] Whitecc
Number of posts : 3156
User Points : 228791

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnie Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:05 am

But... at least they changed it.

I remember when TR was a little group in Yulgar-1 and we all sat around on AQWorlds drinking smoothies and talking about random things. The time before pretty much any of you guys showed up... I used to make fun of Bertran and call him "Princess Bertanna"... waitm I still do that.

It'll take me awhile to message all of them.... darn it.
Winnie
Winnie
DaughterofSpades

Zard : Swing of Memories [And the Cial/Winnie wedding] Cosmicl
Number of posts : 3889
User Points : 387726

http://www.twitter.com/butterfly60075

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:19 am

Winnie wrote:It'll take me awhile to message all of them.... darn it.
Godspeed Winnie.

Godspeed.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:43 am

Swing of Memories [And the Cial/Winnie wedding] Chamberino
RIP old theme
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Gaskarth Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:11 am

*Notices Shadow has returned*
*Edges closer to activity*
Tom Gaskarth
Tom Gaskarth
Tumbleweed
Tumbleweed

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsebi Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:26 am

It's the return of the d-bags.
If toy comes back, I'm quitting.
Mrsebi
Mrsebi
In Your Head

Zard : Swing of Memories [And the Cial/Winnie wedding] Pinkxs
Number of posts : 2166
User Points : 74962

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:38 am

Toy, wherever you are, please come back.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Number of posts : 3197
User Points : 144140

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:47 am

Mrsebi wrote:It's the return of the d-bags.
If toy comes back, I'm quitting.

Ah, the lesser of two evils....

TOY PLEASE COME BACK.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:35 am

I am going to search EVERYWHERE for toy.
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next