[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

A word to approved writers

+2
Caeel
V
6 posters

Go down

A word to approved writers Empty A word to approved writers

Post by V Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:21 am

Pooks wrote:I would like to remind those who have been approved that your approval is based upon the writing sample submitted. I think it is safe to assume that the level of your subsequent writing should meet or exceed the quality of writing in your sample!

Unfortunately, I'm seeing a rapid deterioration in both the quality of posts, and an increase in the random, hurried and sloppy posts of the type that don't belong in ANY RP thread, much less the advanced one!

If you write without caring, IT SHOWS, and we can see it. If you care about writing, it's no fun to read. I spent 4 hours writing my post here, and even more time writing the one about Zombie and Winnie. It doesn't come out right the first time, ever. If that's what you post, you're posting a first draft. That's not advanced. A real writer reviews, edits and revises multiple times. For a real writer, it's not a chore--we enjoy doing this!

I'm not expecting everyone to write like I do, but there is a standard and we all agreed to meet it. Please keep that standard or post somewhere else!

And finally...if you aren't approved to post here, and you did it anyway...well, you have lost some serious cred with me, I'm not happy.

A word of advice: Keep your moderators happy.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
V
V
agina

Zard : A word to approved writers 2pt1bvm
Number of posts : 3752
User Points : 10237743

http://www.trforums.com

Back to top Go down

A word to approved writers Empty Re: A word to approved writers

Post by Caeel Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:47 am

Pooks, can you and I go and write a book together sometime? Literature is one of my favorite things that I love to work with. I would enjoy to read any novel you ever compose.
Caeel
Caeel
LuvaBoy
LuvaBoy

Zard : A word to approved writers Shadowq
Number of posts : 1503
User Points : 505772

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryzaa Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:20 pm

Can I just say.. The Approval Thread should be for making your own board in this section, I think that posting here should be up to the board starter, for example.. I would have to get permission off of PK for me to post in his board, am I wrong in this thought?
Ryzaa
Ryzaa
Procrastinator

Zard : Peregrine's rock.
Number of posts : 1692
User Points : -2147453904

Back to top Go down

Post by Pooks Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:07 pm

Hmmm, I hadn't seen it that way...but it does make a certain sense.
Pooks
Pooks
Head Moderator? (Heads Moderate Here)

Number of posts : 142
User Points : 5916

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathclaws Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:44 am

It doesn't come out right the first time, ever. If that's what you post, you're posting a first draft. That's not advanced

I disagree. sometimes the first draft is the best. I wrote my application during a lesson, and I couldnt do it better now.
In almost every test I write, I cross out something. This is in 90% of all cases the right answer.

But keeping mods happy? *licks Pooks' boot while plotting how to take his position best*
Deathclaws
Artist

Number of posts : 339
User Points : 23872

Back to top Go down

Post by Rage Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:53 am

Deathclaws, sometimes members put extra care into their writing so that they only have to do it once. When we say "first drafts", we're talking about writings that include spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, logical problems, and run-ons. However, if you written piece is devoid of such mistakes and has a good amount of detail that should be expected from an ARP, then it is usually acceptable. Besides, you can proof-read it in your post, and edit it if you find something later.

I still like the idea of having the Approval Thread meant for screening members for posting. It makes it much easier to control threads if there's an unwanted poster. I mean, in the alternative case, we would have to keep track of who is allowed on every thread.

Oh, and Pooks is a she (>.>)

Last edited by Ragegamer on Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Rage
Rage
I've covered wars, you know

Zard : Thoru's Zard
Number of posts : 2143
User Points : 220249

http://www.zimpfer.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathclaws Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:12 am

meh,nothing can never be perfect. I just attempt to do it right on the first try. Which doesnt always work, but I am talking contentwise, while you obviously mean flaws in spelling etc.
I just think that the first idea you have, after you 've still got the fresh inspiration. If you write it down then, thats usually the best draft CONTENTWISE!

Also, about the track keeping, I usually do sign ups before I start a RP to see who is fit for it *points at his thread*
Deathclaws
Artist

Number of posts : 339
User Points : 23872

Back to top Go down

Post by Rage Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:41 am

Nothing wrong with being content on your first idea. I think that Pooks and I mostly care about that it's well written and fits the story.

And about the whole sign up thing? I'm fine with it, but I'm not having anything to do with it (modding wise, anyways). It's perfectly legal in your topic, but you'll have to reign in your posters if things aren't going the way you want it to. However, since the "Approval Topic" is in place, there probably wont be any problems.

Best of luck!
Rage
Rage
I've covered wars, you know

Zard : Thoru's Zard
Number of posts : 2143
User Points : 220249

http://www.zimpfer.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content