[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Charon: Scion of Shadow (discussion)

+2
Aeonarial
Charon
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Charon: Scion of Shadow (discussion) - Page 2 Empty Re: Charon: Scion of Shadow (discussion)

Post by Juliana Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:11 pm

Ooh aah, ooh aah, ooh aah. I can't wait!

/me quivers with anticipation

Seriously, I love what you did with the new chapter. I would guess that the sword winds up important in some way/shape/form?
Juliana
Juliana
Storyteller!

Number of posts : 3679
User Points : 163950

Back to top Go down

Charon: Scion of Shadow (discussion) - Page 2 Empty Re: Charon: Scion of Shadow (discussion)

Post by Charon Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:14 am

;D Thanks, Juli, this chapter actually felt a little shaky to me, but I'm glad it seems to be only me who thinks that.

And yes, the Twilight Edge does end up being quite important.

The first part of Chapter Three is up, the rest will be up later tonight.

Last edited by Charon on Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Charon
Charon
Charbear!

Zard : Charon: Scion of Shadow (discussion) - Page 2 Ezzy
Number of posts : 2052
User Points : 2147489299

http://www.twitter.com/charontheshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliana Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:08 pm

What you've got of it so far is exciting and a little scary, which actually makes it better for me. (The physical response to this kind of fear is, oddly, a lot of fun!) I can't wait to learn "what makes them think so."

Only oddity is that I just noticed you keep switching back and forth between past and present tense. I'm told that that is not a good idea. As frequently as I've heard it, it must be true. Right?
Juliana
Juliana
Storyteller!

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:31 pm

:'D
I love that I am actually making you feel the emotion! And the rest should be up soon. I'm just taking a break atm, then writing a few forum guides, and then writing the rest of the chapter.

Thanks for the advice, it should all be fixed now.

Okay, Chapter Three is up! Any questions, thoughts, and/or critiques?
Also, part of Chapter Four has been added!
Charon
Charon
Charbear!

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliana Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:47 pm

I admit it, I can't help giggling every time I read the part with "You must be raiding the wrong person's house."

It's very intriguing to read the beginning of chapter four and not be sure of how much of the previous three chapters the character remembers. Interesting, too, that he has such a cynical view of the teachers. The "ancient device" caught my attention; it makes me wonder what it really is and what it looks like, and whether it's important or just a small side-detail.
Juliana
Juliana
Storyteller!

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:52 pm

I know, lol, it makes me chuckle, too. ;P

He isn't cynical of the teachers, really, rather he disapproves of the system that Halidar has fallen into due to the current king and queen. I am still deciding on what exactly the device will do, but when I finish the chapter off I plan to rewrite it's paragraph with a description of it.
Charon
Charon
Charbear!

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliana Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:01 pm

Well, you know, cynicism and realism often overlap... It all depends on how you say it.

And I can't wait to read more! *skips around with anticipation*
Juliana
Juliana
Storyteller!

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:08 am

Very true, very true.

Well I hope to have more soon, but I'm trying to figure out which ending of about four that I should use for this chapter. The plot can only play out in one way, so one must choose wisely.
Charon
Charon
Charbear!

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliana Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:42 am

Why not play out all the possible endings to completion in your mind, and then find which one fits best? I've been doing that with two different stories I'm writing (though what I discovered is that one of them needs an ending that I haven't dreamed up yet...) and it actually works.

And I'm very intrigued by your description of the Device. (Mind if I just refer to it that way?) It makes me wonder even more what it does and why it's important.
Juliana
Juliana
Storyteller!

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:58 pm

I've played a few out to the end, decided on one, and then became unsure again. And yes, you may call it the Device until I find a proper name for it and Charon figures out what that name is ;P

Speaking of the Device, I just got an idea that will now play a large part in the story sometime in the future(or in the past...). I figured out one of it's purposes, which led me to find an oppurtunity to create a large amount of new characters, as well as introduce two that I had already created. I thought this might catch your interest, even though you might not hear more about it for quite some time. I can't wait until I get to that part!

I might finish off Ch4 tonight, wish me luck!

Last edited by Charon on Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Charon
Charon
Charbear!

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliana Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:45 pm

\\// Good luck.
Juliana
Juliana
Storyteller!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeonarial Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:10 pm

You are becoming very adept at this.
Aeonarial
Aeonarial
Brother/Artist/Writer

Zard : Charon: Scion of Shadow (discussion) - Page 2 2uos0he
Number of posts : 1549
User Points : 11411

Back to top Go down

Post by KageArashi Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:03 pm

Hey Chamander!

As I said I would discuss it, here I am! Ok, everything looks pretty good except for one thing. In the first chapter, you really don't elaborate on the need for freedom. Or, why you would need it. It's a bit weird, you killing off the supposed 'savior' without an adequate reason. It's just a bit confusing for me. That's just the main thing I saw that need clarification.

But other than that, everything seems to be looking good! I await your next update!

Ninjat Poof!
--KageArashi
KageArashi
KageArashi

Number of posts : 199
User Points : 14053

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:06 am

Thanks Kage, I was wondering when someone would notice that! I do plan to go back at some part in the story to elaborate in hopes of explaining why Charon needed his freedom so desperately.

In other news...
Right now I am developing the eight scions(their ideals, powers, and appearance). After that and a few other things are finished, I will begin writing more for you guys. Don't give up on me just yet! ;)
Charon
Charon
Charbear!

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliana Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:00 am

I'd like to recommend switching the entire story to past tense. Writing in the present tense is surprisingly difficult if you are used to reading books written in the past tense--particularly since phrasing a sentence to sound good is subtly different--and almost inevitably leads to sentences such as this one:

Charon wrote:Through the crack in the closet door, I see a man in an immaculate dark suit stride up to the empty stand that belonged to the sword whose handle now rested in my grip.

See the problem? The sentence begins in the present tense and ends in past tense. It's a very common problem for people who write in the present tense, and one that is often difficult to catch. So, unless you want to use the switching to make some sort of point, it would probably be the best move to go back and make the entire story one tense, and the past tense would be the easiest one to work with.

Last edited by Juliana on Sun May 02, 2010 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Juliana
Juliana
Storyteller!

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:42 pm

Finally found the time to edit the entire story so far into past tense! I'm extremely sorry that's it's been so long, school has just been keeping me busy. I hope to find time to write out more soon!
Charon
Charon
Charbear!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2