[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Time is of The Essence

5 posters

Go down

Time is of The Essence Empty Time is of The Essence

Post by Winnie Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:17 am

This roleplay is a bit different.

It takes place in real time, and it is all about time. Time.
See, A normal post would look like this:

9:01 Pm, July 16th, Server time. (We are always in server time)

Winnie walked to the inn, tired and confused it had been a long day....

And so on.
It would go on like that, and the post time refers to when you started the post.

Let's begin:

July 16th, 9 Pm, Eastern standard time. Form here on in I writ-- Wait, wrong media...

It was a dark, stormy night. the rain pattered down on the Windows on Winnie's house, and she didn't dare go outside. She looked through the glass in the window and saw all of BattleOn, asleep. She Sighed. "I wish I could sleep." She said to herself, as the lights flickered to darkness. "The power blows." Winnie sighed again. Last week, There was a death. Poor King Alteon.
At the time of his death, everyone knew who did it. Drakath was after both leaders, as obvious. Nobody really knew much, but Winnie knew that everyone on the side of good was ruefully wishing they were there to stop the chaos from invading the castle.
"If only I could turn back time." Winnie said, drearily.
She knew nobody could turn back time, even if they were the most powerful being in the world. She sighed a third time.
The power flickered on again, making Winnie blink. As if that blink had opened her eyes, she suddenly got up and ran out the door.
Winnie
Winnie
DaughterofSpades

Zard : Time is of The Essence Cosmicl
Number of posts : 3889
User Points : 387736

http://www.twitter.com/butterfly60075

Back to top Go down

Time is of The Essence Empty Re: Time is of The Essence

Post by Charon Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:08 pm

[Correct me if I'm wrong on the whole time subject. I don't quite understand if we are talking storytime or realtime, but I must assume it's the former.] Will do, charon.

August 2nd, 3:01 AM, Eastern standard time.

As Winnie was walking down the lane away from her house, the air directly in front of her began to darken. She stopped, took a step back. Just as the shadow became it's darkest, a young man was thrown out of it, landing facedown in the dust. Winnie jumped back, and then realized who had come to visit her.

Winnie: Oh, hey Charon. Nice entrance.

Charon: I've been working on that one, yet I still can't ever seem to get it right...

Charon stands up and brushes himself off. He is dressed in an immaculate black suit with gold trim, a flipped up collar, and a brilliant white cravat. He looks up to see Winnie looking him up and down, and then seems to remember what he is wearing.

C: Oh, right. You see, I just came from a party, and it seems like I forgot to change...

W: Well, you look...

Last edited by Charon on Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Charon
Charon
Charbear!

Zard : Time is of The Essence Ezzy
Number of posts : 2052
User Points : 2147489299

http://www.twitter.com/charontheshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnie Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:40 pm

Very handsome. Winnie said, extending her hand. They began to walk. "Now, Charon, do you do that to everyone that walks by, or just me?"
"Do what?" Charon asked.
"Fly out the window."
"Er... no?" Charon said, chuckling to himself. "Your just lucky."
"Naw, Kayleen's lucky. We played bingo once and she won every single prize!"
"Well, yeah, that's pretty dang lucky. Can I ask a question?" Charon asked.
"Didn't you just?"
"Yup."
"Go on."
"Do you generally walk around at 3 am?" Charon asked.
"Yes, walking at night is fun." Winnie said, dreamily. "All the stars and moon are out, and the streets are silent. When it rains then the water flows and reflects the moon, just paking it so pretty."
"I see." Charon said.

Augst 2nd, 8:38 AM, Eastern Standard Time.

Winnie went to bed, and slept ti'll noon.
Winnie
Winnie
DaughterofSpades

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonLord Kayleen Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:00 am

winnie awoke to the sound of someone knocking on her door. Yawning, winnie went to answer it. When she opened it, she saw Kayleen grinning back at her.
Kayleen: heyas, I thought you had left, youve been sleeping for a long time!
Winnie:....How long have you been here?
Kayleen: uh...for at least an hour, I think, anyways, I felt a disturbance last night, and I wanted to make sure you
were okay.
Winnie gave her an odd look and said, "Riiiight...so what do you want to do?"
Kayleen: Dunno, I thought you had an idea.
Winnie: *sighs* alright, lets go into town and see whats happenign there.
Kayleen: Right then!

The two of them walked into town to find that....
DragonLord Kayleen
DragonLord Kayleen

Number of posts : 182
User Points : 10757

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeonarial Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:11 am

The people were in chaos, bodies were strewn everywhere.
Winnie: "What happened here!"
Kayleen: "I have no idea, it looks like something attacked.....how did you sleep through this?"
W: "Don't ask me, I can sleep through a thunderstorm."
K: "Right....anyway, let's investigate."

Winnie and Kayleen walked around looking for any evidence that could help them discern what had happened. After 2 hours of finding almost nothing, Kayleen called Winnie over to look at something.

K: "WINNIE!!!! COME HERE!"

Winnie rushed over as fast as she could and stopped breathless next to Kayleen.

W: "What *huff* did you find?"

Kayleen bent over and picked up....

(tell me how this went, and if I messed up anything can you color edit it?)
Aeonarial
Aeonarial
Brother/Artist/Writer

Zard : Time is of The Essence 2uos0he
Number of posts : 1549
User Points : 11411

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonLord Kayleen Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:43 am

Kayleen held up a small hourglass on a long, golden chain. As small as it was, its
shine is hard to miss.
Winnie: What is that?
Kayleen: no clue, it looks framiliar....hey, didnt Alteon have one of these at one point?
W: I think so, what should we do with it?
K:..... you know, you should keep it, I know you were one of Alteons most loyal ones,
i think he'd be fine if you kept it.
W: *Takes hourglass* I guess so. Well, lets go find out what happened.
Suddenly, Charon came up from behind with a sigh. His suit was torn up. He turned to winnie and said, "What do you think happened? Drakath is taking advantage of us not having a king."
Then, loud bells sounded in the distance. Four rings, it meant a town meeting, Everyone ran to the Battleon town hall to hear what was going on.

when the meeting started, the first thing that was said was.....
DragonLord Kayleen
DragonLord Kayleen

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnie Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:22 am

"With the king dead, we need a plan." Robina said.
"You were always daddy's favorite, Vic- I mean, Robina." Said the oldest, Brittiny.
"Yes, you should be queen." The youngest said in a quiet voice.
"We can't just make me queen, theres stuff that has to happen first." Robina said, sitting down on one of the armrests of the late king's throne. "Like, we gotta vote."
"YO! EVERYONE WHO THINKS IT'S A GOOD IDEA FOR VIKKI HERE TO BE QUEEN SAI 'I'!"
The room was filled with a large chorus of 'I's, and the the oldest and youngest sister looked at Robina. Victoria then turned an odd unsuiting shade of pink.

Winnie looked at the hourglass. She turned it over, and watched the sand fall through it slowly.

"With the king dead, we need a plan." Robina said.
"You were always daddy's favorite, Vic- I mean, Robina." Said the oldest, Brittiny.
"Yes, you should be queen." The youngest said in a quiet voice.

"Am I having Deja Vu?" Winnie asked herself, turning back the hourglass.
Winnie
Winnie
DaughterofSpades

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:47 am

After the scene replayed itself, Charon stepped forward to address the congregation.
"Friends! A time of darkness has fallen over our lands. Even with Robina as our new queen, we are still extremely vulnerable to Drakath's raids. He could strike at any moment, and we have no way of protecting ourselves; no army to fight back with! We need to set a plan in motion, and fast. I will lead our fighting force, but we need to amass one first. Everyone should spread out, gathering as many warriors for the cause from all sides of Lore as they can. My countrymen, time is of the essence, so make haste!"

The crowd roared approval and started to disperse in search of help. Charon stepped back and sat down upon a fallen tree. He studied the twisted and gnarled roots that rose up and out of the ground. Sighing heavily, he put his elbows on his knees and bent his head towards the ground.
Charon
Charon
Charbear!

Zard : Time is of The Essence Ezzy
Number of posts : 2052
User Points : 2147489299

http://www.twitter.com/charontheshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnie Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:46 pm

Winnie stood by the large throne, waiting to adress the new queen and the older and younger sister's about the necklace. When she reached the throne, she took it off to show Robina.

"Oh, I was wondering where that got off to." Robina said, holding it delicately. "You should keep it. Daddy was the only one that could harness it's power, and he said it's too much for him, and I can't imagine one more entrusted to power than you."
"Wait- Keep it? I can't keep it!" Winnie said, taken aback. "It's not mine! Do you know how guilty I'd feel if I wore this stolen necklace everywhere?"
"Fine then. Give it to me." Robina said, holding out her hand.
Winnie put the hourglass in Robina's hand happily.
Robina put the necklace carefully around Winnie's neck making Winnie gasp.
"I hereby pronounce, this paladin, Winnie Brave, to be the keeper of the Hourglass." Robina said loudly. The old king's voice seemed to echo in Robina's. She would be a good king.
Winnie
Winnie
DaughterofSpades

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonLord Kayleen Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:26 am

Kayleen came bounding up to the newly made queen, bowed hastily and said, "My friends, Ive gotten a partol ready to monitor the boarders, we are awaiting your command."
Robina: Who are they?
Kayleen: They are all of my other half...they're all dragons, not human in any way shape or form! *grins and winks*
Winnie sighed and said, " thats just the kind of thing you'd do, isnt it, Kayleen?" Kayleens grin widened and said, "Of course, if it wasnt, i wouldnt have done it, right?"
Winnie: uhhh..i think so...
Robina: moving on...Kayleen, take the partol out and bring some actual human beings with you also.
Kayleen: right away! with that, kayleen bounded out of the throne room, eager to do part to protect battleon.

As winnie made her way home later that night, all was quiet, crickets chriped in the distance, and the the cool night air brought a sence of peace to winnie. As she walked she thought about what Robina had told her. What power did this little hourglass hold?

Suddenly, She heard the flapping of wings, then jumped back as a white dragon landed infront of her. "help..attacks...kayleen sent me!" it said.
Without another word winnie ran back to town
DragonLord Kayleen
DragonLord Kayleen

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnie Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:44 am

The air ran cold with the sound that one may experience if they were stirring iced tea in front of a microphone. It began to rain, and the air was thick. The fog came down as the first attack started.
The dragons were tough. They lasted till the end, and killed many thousands of the Lord's soilders. Kayleen was in mid-fight with the Captian, and hot, thick, boiling blood ran down her back. The enemy was winning the fight so far, but the General knew the Dragon's would make do. She had gathered her own army, and she knew they would hold.
The large chaos infested basalisk tackled Kayleen and sent her on her back. She screeched, not in pain, but with little hope. The basalisk stabbed her chest, and everything went black.

Winnie arrived a moment too late. She took the creature from behind, letting it fall to the ground alone. SHe grabbed Kayleen, mounted her broomstick, and flew to the medic tent.

"JULIANA! Kayleen's critically injured. I believe she attempted to use her powers to the extent!" Winnie shouted, her long skirt blowing in the wind. Her hair was sopping wet, as the rain would have made it, and she had her friend's blood spilled all over her chest.
"Kayleen? The extent?!" Juliana asked, in horrid disbelief. She dropped the small job she was working on, merely curing a small scar. She lay Kayleen down on the Medic table and quickly attempted to cure the scars.
"It's no use, I tried that first." Winnie said, grabbing a bandage. "They won't heal. I even used JL!"
"Even that? I really don't.."
"Juliana, we need to find help. LOTS of help."
"Yes, I know. Kayleen needs much much more than we can offer. She's half dragon..."
Winnie let a small tear trift down her cheek. Kayleen had always been her best friend, and she wished with her whole heart that she wouldn't drift away. One tear drifted to two. Then three.
"Don't... cry..." Kayleen said weakly. "I die for a noble cause."
"NOOOOOOO!!!!!!" Winnie shouted to the sky, so loud it ceaced the thunder. She weeped loudly, not letting the fact that the hourglass around her neck could easily save her friend stop her. "Don't leave me again!"
Winnie
Winnie
DaughterofSpades

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonLord Kayleen Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:19 am

Slowly, a blue glow encircled kayleens body. There was a flash and then, her dragon half, in a spirit form stood beside winnie. The spirit was foggy, then became solid.
"please, cry you should not" the dragons voice was heavy with accent. "I am her dragon half, it was her wish that if she dies, i live...free" Winnie looked at the dragon. Winnie: really?! is there anything we can do?
Dragon: nothing but let time fix it. then, the dragon once again the dragon faded into a mist, not before saying, "when i am needed i will come."
DragonLord Kayleen
DragonLord Kayleen

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliana Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:50 pm

Juliana sighed as the spirit dragon, the last of her friend's life, faded away into whatever mists accompanied its natural place. She laid a hand on Kayleen's motionless, blood-soaked chest, her fingers glowing ever so slightly blue, grieving in the only way she would permit herself during the upheaval of the battle. Later. When there was time for it, she would cry her grief away. For now, there was work to be done.

Her glowing hand curled into a fist, then relaxed as she brought it to her own chest. The firm, steady rhythm of life that she felt there calmed her some; the power centered in that spot did even more toward that end. And it was the power that she needed to use...

About half a mile away, a bored and worried dragonet perked up from where she lay on a braided rug in the home of Juliana's oldest sister. Athyriaceae Draconiae, known to everyone who knew her as Fern, hadn't heard from the being she called her mother in some time. To hear from DragonLord Juliana at such a time startled and gratified her, though not nearly so much as Juliana's request did.

"You think I'm ready?" asked Fern through the link they shared. "Or, more to the point, you think they're ready to have me back? I'm sure they won't have forgotten yet..."

"But if you show up to protect them, won't they remember that too? Won't they realize that you aren't actually evil?" countered Juliana gently, with some measure of maternal pride.

Fern thought it over for a moment, then decided. "All right, Mama. I'll come. I'll help you with anything you need help with."

"Thank you, little one. I'll see you soon."

Juliana released the connection--for now--and allowed the sights and sounds and scents and sensations of the world around her to reach her consciousness once more. Winnie stood right where she had been at the moment Kayleen had died, staring at Juliana with a strange look on her face.

"What were you doing?" the younger girl wanted to know.

Her friend sighed in resignation and relief, feeling as if the weight of the world were resting on her shoulders but that that weight had just been lightened a little. "I spoke to one of the few dragons Kayleen didn't get to come here," the young healer explained, suppressing with difficulty the pang of grief she felt at the mention of Kayleen's name. "I suppose most dragons wouldn't think to ask one so young, but I know this dragonet. She's been in battle before. We need to redeem her good name so that she can go out in public again without being in mortal danger, and we need all the help we can get. I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone."

"I see..." muttered Winnie in that bemused tone of voice that makes it very clear that the speaker does not actually see. And, really, who could blame her? Everything was falling apart. Juliana too felt shell-shocked, and only through a massive effort of will was she able to hold her mind together enough to be able to function as she needed to. Any quiescence after she got started again would certainly leave her in a fuzzy sort of bafflement not unlike the blank-eyed kind Winnie was clearly in right now.

A green-and-cinnamon blur roughly the same size as a medium-large dog sped through the opening that led to the healers' tent. It stopped about a foot from Juliana and resolved itself into Fern. "I'm here, Mama," she announced. "What's needed?"

"Even one more dragon fighting on our side will help," Juliana replied thoughtfully. "Why don't you go out there and fight the chaos monsters? I'll fight with you the same way we used to, if you like."

Fern's blue eyes glowed with excitement and anticipation. "Yes! That sounds perfect!" DragonLord and dragonet left the little tent together, both of them glowing literally and figuratively.

Moments later, the roar of a powerful dragon echoed throughout the area. Fern in her greater form, taking power from Juliana's amulet, was large enough to dwarf even the sturdy and tall stone buildings of Swordhaven to the east. And, in the ultimate symbol of great power under control, Juliana rested in full DragonLord armor on Fern's back. Those who had seen Fern like this before were afraid. Those who saw that she had a rider were astonished. And those who opposed the defenders were in serious trouble, because yet another powerful dragon had come to take a stand for the defense.
Juliana
Juliana
Storyteller!

Number of posts : 3679
User Points : 163950

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnie Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:00 pm

Back at the healer's tent, Winnie was still weeping over her friend. She had lost her best friend. She knew it was for good, she knew it was for her country, but she couldn't keep going on losing important people and things. Her tears fell onto Kayleen's face, and she shut her eyes tighter. Her crying tears flowed down to Kayleen's cut- and flowed in. Kayleen suddenly opened her eyes, and started to faintly glow to an extent that you may have only seen if it was pitch black and you were trying to see it. Winnie gasped.
"Kayleen, no." Winnie said, in the midst of stopping her friend from becoming a ghost.
"It's ok, I'm alive..." She said, laying a hand on Kayleen's shoulder.
The moment it touched the hourglass around Winnie's nexk seemed to glow to a great extent. It hurt her eyes. There were words also-
"The time essence." It said, confusing Kayleen and Winnie.
Winnie
Winnie
DaughterofSpades

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonLord Kayleen Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:38 am

Turning to winnie, Kayleen said, "Woah, what the heck was that? Even I havent seen anything like this, now thats saying something..." Winnie felt like laughing, this was Kayleen, acting as if nothing had ever happened. "Come on, We've got to get back to the palace before everyone thinks im dead, then the dragon king wont be to happy about that!"

Soon Kayleen and winnie burst though the doors of the throne room, where many people we gathered, its looked as if Robinia had called a meeting.
Everyone turned to see Kayleen and Winnie walk through the doors.
Then someone in the crowd stood up and said.....
DragonLord Kayleen
DragonLord Kayleen

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnie Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:20 am

"IT'S THE DEAD GIRL! AND THE OTHER PREVIOUSLY DEAD GIRL!"
"Who you calling dead?" Kayleen asked, glaring.
"And previously dead." Winnie said, glaring.
The man fell over, over the effect of beign glared at by 2 Powerful people. The two hi-fived. Robina looked at them.
"Right, sir. Madam. We would like to report that I'm not dead." Kayleen said, bowing.
"And I'm not previously dead, becuase that doesn't make any sense at all." Winnie added.
"I see that too. Er, please go back to battling."

The pair walked back to the front lines, and then Winnie shot a flaming arrow to the sky. Attack! Called a dragon, along with a moighty flame. The war raged on.
"I see." King Alteon said. "Please, continue battleing Kayleen."
Winnie
Winnie
DaughterofSpades

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonLord Kayleen Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:12 am

Back onto the frontlines, the enemy was being pushed farther back. Soon, the chaotic monsters were calling for a retreat. Then, as quick as they had shown up, disapeared.
"THATS RIGHT YOU YELLOW COWARDS! RUN BACK TO YOUR LEADER!"
Kayleen yelled at them as the last of the creatures vanished.
"oh yes, Kayleen yell at them louder and they might hear you." Winnie said with a roll of her eyes.
"Oh..is this a bad time to intrude?" asked the white dragon that came to warn Winnie
"Oh, no not at all, Comet, I was just telling Winnie not to yell at the ememy." "But I Wasnt...oh whatever..."
Comet grinned, flashing his long sharp fangs. "Well, if youd please follow me back to the palace, there is a guest waiting for you."

When they reached the palace, Winnie and Kayleen entered a small room.
when they opened the door, they were shocked to see that the guest was......
DragonLord Kayleen
DragonLord Kayleen

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnie Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:27 pm

A boy, with black, curly hair, with piercing blue eyes. He looked up at Winnie and Kayleen.
"Hello." He said in a low, voice, that seemed to arch when he talked. It seemed like he didn't speak much. "I am Varce. A Dragonslayer."
"Varce? Like, Varcity!" Kayleen said, Smiling.
"Um, yes." He said, looking down. "My Family has sent me to help with the war. You'll find that I'm an amazing dragonslayer..." He looked in his pockets. "Here are my references."
Winnie took the paper and looked it over with Kayleen. He seemed to be better than her Mother- Mindy- and slayn more monsters, and he was only about 13.
"We need all the help we can get, Varce." Winnie said. She extended her hand. "C'mon, we must make plans for the next battle."
Varce Smiled. He decided he liked Winnie and Kayleen...
Winnie
Winnie
DaughterofSpades

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down