[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Half a Life

3 posters

Go down

Half a Life Empty Half a Life

Post by Bram Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:39 am

Those of you who know me probably know of my obsession with Half-Life, so I've decided to start a HL RP. :D Yay for acronyms!
Anywho, if you don't know the Half-Life basic storyline and stuff, don't post. I know this is probably limiting this thread to about three people, but; meh.
Set in the time during HL2, and will hopefully move on to HL2:EP2 if enough people are interested. You can chose to be a human, Combine, Vortigaunt, etc. Even a headcrab or an Antlion if you wanted to. One main character per person max. You can have a few extra people to help you out at times, like the red-shirts on Star Trek.
Weapons are limited to those presented in the storyline, and an RPG launcher or infinite ammo/every weapon would be godmodding. Which is bad.
Remember; if you're a Combine soldier, you probably have an AR, and Civil Protection units would have SMG's and stunsticks. If you're a resistance fighter, you'd have something more crowbar-SMG quality with low ammunition and only one or two grenade rounds.
NO ONE IS INVINCIBLE. You CAN die. So don't think you can take a whole round of bullets and live. Gordon Freeman can because he has an HEV suit. And no one has an HEV suit but him.
Now I'm done with the boring list of rules and regulations etc. etc. yadda yadda blah blah blah yayfuntimenao.

Run, run, run, run, RUN, run, run... Was all the rebel thought as he ran through the sewer pipe. The cement was cracking and caving in behind him, the humming of a Combine gunship could be heard above, accompanied by the ratatata of the mounted turret.
He saw a metal barrel and dived for it, climbing inside moments before a barrage of bullets streaked the roof, which caved in moments later. When all was silent, the rebel climbed out of the dented trash can and dug his way through the remains of the sewer pipe with a crowbar.
After he made sure the area was clear, he coughed a few times to get the dust out of his mouth, then ran for cover. There was a bridge twenty or so meters away, he recognized where he was now; the main canal. He had entered the sewer trying to avoid Civil Protection after he managed to steal one of their data chips, but he saw now that it had been submerged in the sewer and wasn't functional anymore.
He slumped against the rock wall at one end of the bridge. There was a dead barnacle hanging from the underside, a few bullet holes could be seen in the side. Strange... The combine usually leave those alone...
He then shifted his view to the ground, where he saw the two dead Civil Protection units. He stood up and pulled out his crowbar, his heart started racing. This could mean two things; Zombies, and lots of them. Or there was a group of resistance fighters somewhere near here. Inching closer to the bodies, he whacked them a few times to make sure they were dead; and they were. He then grabbed both of their weapons; one of them had a pistol, and the other a broken sub machine gun.
I guess I'll have to go with the smaller gun. he thought as he looked at the SMG, it had a bullet through the side of the cocking mechanism.
Wait a minute... Zombies can't use guns... his face brightened, this meant there was help not to far away. He remembered Black Mesa East was somewhere by the dam, but he didn't dare try to go that way. The only other option was going back into the city, which he knew spelled instant death by gunship.
He started to make his way to the dam, when he noticed more dead CP's. He managed to salvage a few more clips of ammo, but most of them were gone. He refused to believe that almost all of them were unarmed, and there was too many to be used by one person alone. This meant a group of rebels, which was good news. It looked like they were heading towards Black Mesa East, so he shouldn't have to fight anyone unless the rebels who had come first missed someone.
Trudging through the water, he found more dead CP's, but their ammunition had already been looted. Going through a tunnel, he spotted a resistance encampment. He climbed the ladder and shook his boots to dry them as much as possible. Walking over to the door and opening it, his face paled as he saw two dead rebels and the carcass of a Vortiguant. He didn't stay long, he knew CP's would be back to clean up their mess.
Hoping to still find help, he trudged on towards Black Mesa East. After what seemed like hours, he came upon a piece of scrap metal. Normally this wouldn't be a big surprise, but it was still warm near the edges as if it had been in an explosion recently. But this was nothing compared to the hull of a Combine helicopter he found not long after. Whoever did this must have had some strong firepower.

Swimming underwater towards the dam, he hoped he could hold his breath long enough to make it to cover so he wouldn't have to fight any CP's.
Only a little further... He became lightheaded and eventually gave in, floating to the surface, he inhaled and gasped for breath. Expecting to be dead within seconds, he was surprised by the silence. The only noise came from the rushing water flowing through the dam. It was almost nighttime, and he couldn't see well, but he could make out the shape of CP units on the walls near the dam. Once his eyes adjusted to the light, he noticed they were all dead. One of the gates to the dam was open, he made his way to it and climbed up. Looking over the other side, he estimated a hundred foot drop to the water below. Not one to waste time, he saw the outline of Black Mesa East in the distance. He could rest later.
The water stung like a million needles when he hit the surface. He didn't stop then, he was almost there. He climbed ashore to the cold cement, after a few moments he got back up and walked to the secret entrance. The metal doors shut behind him and two cameras extended from the walls of the small room.
"Hold still, Dr. Mossman is busy with our most recent guest at the moment; but I assure you, I'm a highly trained professional." It was nice to hear another voice again.
"You have no idea how- Wait, did you say 'guest'?"
"Yep, you're not going to believe this; but Gordon Freeman himself decided to pay us a little visit. He's down in the lab right now."
"That's..." there was a shudder in the building.
"Oh crap..." the voice muttered, "We're under attack!"
There was a large explosion somewhere outside.
"We need to get out of here!" The glass on the observing bay broke and another rebel jumped through it, the steel cover shut on the window, locking them in.
There was a moment of silence, followed by more explosions.
"That was close." The resistance fighters looked at each other. "Name's Bram by the way."

Bram
Bram
Insane Mage
Insane Mage

Number of posts : 372
User Points : 23732

Back to top Go down

Half a Life Empty Re: Half a Life

Post by Cial Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:06 am

The resistance fighter looked at Bram.
"My name's James. James Braden." James said to Bram, still out of breath from jumping though a large slab of glass. He held a hand out to Bram.
James stood up after shaking Bram's hand, and shaking off the glass from his clothes. "So...how do you plan on getting out of this situation? There must be a dozen CP's out there!"

Bram stood up. "Well, have you got ant weapons?".
"I've got a crossbow, and a revolver. but not a lot of ammo for each." Said James, revealing his pistol and scoped crossbow.
Bram assessed the situation.

"We could always ram through, kill all the CP's." Said James.
"But how many are there? There could be GUNSHIPS." Said Bram.
"Got any OTHER ideas?" said James.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Zard : Half a Life 2djta8i
Number of posts : 3457
User Points : 142341

Back to top Go down

Post by Bram Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:55 am

"First I think we should concentrate on how we're going to get out of here. These doors could hold up against a missile blast." Bram inspected the keypad. "What about this?"
"I don't know the codes. Dr. Mossman does, I'm just the assistant."
There was a tapping, scratching sound coming from the outside door, becoming increasingly loud every few moments.
"Great, rollermines. Now the only way out of here it through the facilities, which is locked..."
"Stand back." James said, and aimed the revolver at the keypad.
"Wait!" But it was too late, there was a boom and the keypad was blow to shards.
James waited for a moment before saying "Well, now I'm out of ideas."
"Yea, this isn't like those video games where you hit stuff and things happen... I probably could have broken the security lock too. And if that didn't work I could have just tried the brute force hacking method; that always works. Unless it's a locker..."
"Pardon?"
"Nevermind..." Bram slumped against a wall, "So, I guess we just... Die here."
"What? You're just giving up?"
"Well, I'd at least like to have a bit of a rest."
"Wimp."
Bram stood back up and pinned James to the opposite wall with his pistol, simultaneously disarming him, "Listen, I just dodged three gunships, more CP's than you've ever seen, a platoon of Combine Elites, enough manhacks and rollermines to power this whole place for a month, watched my entire squad die, all for this little tidbit of information," he held up the broken data chip, "and you have the nerve to call me a wimp?"
"OK OK, I get the point." Bram let go of James' collar, walked back to where he was before, and sat down.
After a few minutes, Bram opened one eye and saw James fiddling with the crossbow. "I assume you don't know how to use that."
"Not really, it was in the emergency weapon case in the control room. I grabbed it before I jumped through the window."
"Ah. Nice move there, by the way."
"Thanks." James continued to mess with the crossbow.
"Make sure you don't kill yourself. One hit from that and your dead."
"Don't worry, the safety is-" A scorching hot iron rod ejected from the end of the crossbow, embedding itself in the wall inches from Bram's head. "-off."
"I think we should leave that one alone for now." Bram said, without opening his eyes.
"I can agree with you there." James slowly and carefully put the crowbar in his pack. "So," he tried to start a conversation, "How long have you been part of the resistance?"
"Since the beginning. I was a scientist back at Black Mesa. The incident happened on my first day of work; I was responsible for monitoring the anti-mass spectrometer. I barely got out of there alive."
There was a pounding sound on the inside door. "Hello?" James yelled.
"Stand back, we're trying to blast the door open!" responded someone on the other side.

Bram
Bram
Insane Mage
Insane Mage

Number of posts : 372
User Points : 23732

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:53 am

"Stand back" A voice said, behind the wall.
The door shot forward at them, colliding with the back wall.
"You're lucky we heard you idiots trying to mess with the control panel" A resistance fighter said, stepping in. "We were trying to take down those CP's when we heard the blast from Jack's revolver. You're lucky you're in cahoots with him, or you'd die in here alone."
"Yeah. Lucky. That's the word." Bram said.
"Hey, I saved your life TWICE today man!" Jack said.
A buzzing noise came from an adjacent tunnel.
"No time for squabble. We need to get out of here. NOW." Said a fighter.
All of them walked out to see two more in a buggy with four seats open.
Two passenger seats...and two gunmen seats. The guns were large, probably the ones that took out the door. A gunship could be heard above.
"Bram, Jack, in the back! This'll be a story to tell your GRANDCHILDREN!" Yelled a fighter.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Zard : Half a Life 2djta8i
Number of posts : 3457
User Points : 142341

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:32 am

Be the head crab... Johnathon though to himself. Wait, I am a Headcrab, yeah, I am such a klutz. Johnathon continued scuttling into a building which clearly had a light on, but when he arrived inside there was a problem. Johnathon felt some thing around him, he turned around to see a cage coming towards him. Dammit he thought.
Felix
Felix

Number of posts : 774
User Points : 23936

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down