[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

=TR Role-Playing Forums Guidelines=

Go down

=TR Role-Playing Forums Guidelines= Empty =TR Role-Playing Forums Guidelines=

Post by Peregrine Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:18 am

=TR Role-Playing Forums Guidelines=

Because Peregrine is a huge jerk and is out to get you.

Put effort into your posts

Because role-playing is very dependent on text we ask that you put as much effort into your text as you can. However, effort is more than just attention to spelling and grammar, it also includes attention to detail. Make sure your posts give enough details for the next poster for when they make theirs.

Only control your character(s)

Role-playing and collaborative fiction are not the same thing. You are not permitted to control other people's characters, only your own. The exception to this rule is that the game master is permitted to control anyone's characters. Furthermore, you are permitted to control NPCs with permission from the game master and/or the NPC's creator.

Spoilers: You're not a god

Hate to break it to you, but it's true. Don't make an overpowered character. Don't assume any attacks you make are successful. Don't confuse what you know and what your character knows. This is called godmodding, and the game master is entitled to kill you for doing it as it makes the role-play unfair for the rest of the players.

On authority

The game master of a particular role-play has the final say. However, RP forum mods reserve to override them at any given time (when you least expect it, even). Despite this, don't get the wrong impression that RP mods are just here to screw things up. We're actually here to help (surprised even me when I found out). If you have any problems, concerns or questions, both Xusha and I's PM inboxes are open to them.

How the RP forum works

The new role-playing forum is divided up into a few categories. Here is what each one of them is for:

TR Role-playing: The Official Guidebook - This forum is for guides about role-playing. If you have questions, this is the first place to visit.
Role-Playing - This forum is for role-plays. It also has a sub-forum which contains old finished or dead role-plays from the previous role-playing forums.
Role-Playing OOC - OOC threads are for discussion and sign-ups. They are very helpful for running role-plays as they give RPers a means to leave messages for each other, and I recommend their usage to everyone here. This forum also contains an archive of what was once the character bios forum. Character bios will henceforth be posted in OOC threads, but any character bios previously posted in the bios forum will remain available for access.
Advanced Role-Playing Approval - This is the forum for the approval process for ARP. It works a lot differently now. Instead of having three separate levels of role-playing, we just have one, and advanced role-playing approval lets you access role-plays with the tag [ARP] in their titles, which the game master can add if they only want a certain calibre of players.

For example, were I to make a role-play and only want people who knew how to role-play, I would title the thread "[ARP] Vamparagon goes to lunch".

Signatures
Don't use them in the role-playing forums or the advanced role-playing approval forums.

Follow all the other rules
The TR forums has a set of global rules located here (click) that you must follow in addition to the role-playing forum rules. Please do so.

If you have any questions about a concept you can read this beginner's guide to role-playing, post in the role-playing Q&A, PM Peregrine or PM Xusha for more details.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Zard : Peregrine's rock.
Number of posts : 2007
User Points : 750549

http://twitter.com/PerryPeregrine

Back to top Go down