[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Merry Maids of Pwnzor--A Valkyrie's Tale

+4
pk494
Ryzaa
Winnie
Pooks
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Merry Maids of Pwnzor--A Valkyrie's Tale Empty The Merry Maids of Pwnzor--A Valkyrie's Tale

Post by Pooks Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:03 pm

Welcome to my RP...I'm giving vital plot points but letting other ppl write a lot of this, so have fun but let's try to match style or tone...if you have an idea, go for it. Try to make your idea flow from the previous one, and we can get a good story going without too many abrupt changes. I tend to write funny stuff, but if ppl start going serious/dramatic, I'll change my tone to match when I give the next Plot point. Don't be afraind to try it out!

Capter One: Nammie's Long Day

Ryzaa's thumb twitched at his sword's tsuba, lifting it a scant distance to make sure it would come smoothly from the scabbard. Draw too soon, before the final candle went out, and it could mean disaster. Yet if he waited an instant too long, the mob surrounding him would press in and begin tearing faster than he could slice. Candlelight shone greasily on the sheen of perspiration above his lip. The throng around him sang and swayed, grimacing in laughter...but he saw the hunger in their eyes; noted each moment they slowly drew in closer. Only a few candles remained lit now. A bead of sweat stung his eye as he tried to remain focused. Ryzza felt the calm center of his being expand: the Warrior within filled his mind, as if putting on a suit of armor, donning senses, muscle, bone, reflexes, memory, intellect. The final candle filled his mind as everything seemingly slowed, grew quiet. Time expanded into a hallway of mirrors into which he strode at his own pace, in which he could choose when to gaze into the next pane of time, detached, calculating, utterly in command.

The slavering mob's chant rose to a cacophonous din
He rose to the balls of his feet
with haunting wail he heard from afar, as a pack of wolves:
He flowed into the "Willow In Flame" stance.
"YYOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuu!"
His fingers caressed the sword's hilt, as an artist would his brush.
"And many more!" a voiced brayed.
He and his art were one.
The greasy wick dimmed...went out
The hilt of the sword seemed to leap to his hand
and a curl of smoke began to
as the blade flashed from it's scabbard without a sound.
rise from the candle.
All his being focused on the edge of the sword, as he made "The Birth of Day" stroke.
Not even a Stone Golem could have withstood such a cut.

Ryzaa's katana went through the candle,
the 5-layer cake,
the silver-chased pewter platter,
the solid oak table
and returned to it's sheath
before anyone had time to blink.

Nammie sat watching, surrounded by Bert, Demi, Vamp, Celestial, Winnie, DarkRose, Cryox, Pooky, Zombie, and all their friends...as the candle slowly split apart, lengthwise. The cake looked untouched. Vamp drew a breath.
"Wow, that actually went pretty--"
With a squealing groan, the table collapsed to the floor, bringing the platter, the cake, the plates, forks, crystal wineglasses, and three kegs of Yulgar's Private Reserve Cranraspberry Birthday Jubilee Brew crashing down.
"much like I thought it would." He finished lamely. He frowned, as he saw tears well up in Nammies eyes.

"Er...being as it IS your Birthday, Nams, I suppose you CAN cry if you want to, but just half a tic..." Fishing out his Crystal Orb of ABBA, he threw it up in the air. The walls and floor became a glittering, spinning disco-dreamworld.
"Ziss vun is for you, liebchen" he winked, as the groovy sounds of "Dancing Queen" filled the air. [press play and keep reading]

He snapped his fingers and Caeel and Flaw trotted up, shoving the table and all the contents out of the double-doors. The doors at the other end of the room were opened by PK and RP, as Yulgar himself effortlessly pushed in another table, laden with the exact same feast that had just been swept out the door.
"I love the respawn time on that thing..." he remarked, as he sauntered back behind the bar.

Ryzza's eyes narrowed as he saw the cake.
"Right...I'll use the "Day of Birth" stroke this time" he muttered, as he rose to the balls of his feet. Pooky slipped up behind him and dropped an icecube down his shirt-collar. Vamparagon looked over and clapped delightedly.
"Hey, now there's a guy who enjoys a good dance tune! Now, who's going to cut the--" He looked around.
At Cryox's disease-dripping Plague Spear.
Zombie's corroded Commander's Sword.
Pooky eyed her glowing Red Pitchfork quizzically.
Celestial's Rusted Sword wavered uncertainly.
Azure Celeste fingered Krom's...Hell, as if it mattered which Krom's it was! Vamp quickly averted his eyes and saw Sirvi.
She grimly raised her Wooden Mallet and took a step toward the cake.
Drakkos burped loudly, peering into an empty Yulgar's Mug.
"um.....Nevermind," Vamp finished. "Nammie, would you do the honors?"
"Sure!" Nammie grinned in reply. "SOMEone needs to show how it should be done!"

"Now, who likes frosting?"she asked, and held up...
Pooks
Pooks
Head Moderator? (Heads Moderate Here)

Number of posts : 142
User Points : 5908

Back to top Go down

The Merry Maids of Pwnzor--A Valkyrie's Tale Empty Re: The Merry Maids of Pwnzor--A Valkyrie's Tale

Post by Winnie Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:42 am

Her Chainsaw.
*BWWRRERWERWERWEWRWWE* (thats a chainsaw noise)
Suddenly, Winnie shouted: "THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!"
Everyone stared at her, and Kayleen began to laugh hysteracly.
ChrisX laughed too, "SINCE WHEN DID YOU TRUST GLADOS?"
Everyone stared at the 3 akwardly. Was it somthing they were missing?
Nam Nam cut the cake and, oddly, Chris, Kay, and Winnie didnt touch it. Eventually, Kay lost it and ate a bite though.

Winnie went and played this song to replace "Danceing Queen" that had previously ended.

Once again, the 3 began to laugh.

"SEROIUSLY!" Screamed Vamp, who eas getting a bit sick of this.
"YEAH!" said nammie, exasperated.
Chris just giggled, Kay looked at winnie.
"Anyways, this cake is great. its so delicious and moist."

Everyone just gave up on understanding after that.
Winnie
Winnie
DaughterofSpades

Zard : The Merry Maids of Pwnzor--A Valkyrie's Tale Cosmicl
Number of posts : 3889
User Points : 387728

http://www.twitter.com/butterfly60075

Back to top Go down

The Merry Maids of Pwnzor--A Valkyrie's Tale Empty Re: The Merry Maids of Pwnzor--A Valkyrie's Tale

Post by Ryzaa Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:29 am

Ryzaa sat at a table in the corner of the room thinking to himself, 'why does that always happen? I always manage to break a table..' he never really had been a dancer.

He had watched the comotion with Winnie and Kay from his spot in the corner.
That also made him think, 'if the cake was a lie.. why does it taste so good?'
'That might explain why I couldn't cut it though..'

He was really puzzled at this point.

Seeing Ry by himself in the corner Demi and Rose came over and sat with him....
Ryzaa
Ryzaa
Procrastinator

Zard : Peregrine's rock.
Number of posts : 1692
User Points : -2147453912

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnie Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:51 pm

Winnie and Kayleen went up on the stage and began to do stand up comedy. The show began, and everyone was having fun by the time the theme song was over.

The Merry Maids of Pwnzor--A Valkyrie's Tale Pink_Musical_NoteHello-oooh!
Welcome to out homeade,
Comdey SHow!
Lots of BAD PUNS!
adn releases.
What to come, noone knows!
The Merry Maids of Pwnzor--A Valkyrie's Tale Pink_Musical_Note

W: Well, HAPPU BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
K: Yes. We practaced a 3 part harmony.
This was procedded by a 3-part harmony of "Happu Birthday" And nobody could figure how 2 people did 3 part harmony. But it didnt REALLY matter.

THAT was proceeded by alot of bad bad jokes that i shalnt need to post here.

K: Now, we are going to get somebody up here to do some fun stuff.
She pointed at Ryzaa, and he stayed put.
RYzaa thought, ive seen their comedy before, and I think this time i'd like to keep my watch. Embarassed
Demi went up instead.
W: Ok demi, we need you to blow up this balloon. (it was one of those l o n g skinny ones that you need a pump to blow up.)
NATURALLY, demi did.
K: ummmmm..... Twist it into a dragon.
NATURALLY, demi did.
W&K: HOLY CRUD.
Winnie sent demi back to his seat and took out some duct tape.
Heres a Segment we liek to call, "HOW MANY DUMB THINGS CAN I DO WITH DUCT TAPE?"
BY now nobody was watching except caeel.

Winnie Handed Nammie a wrapped box.

Nammie unwrapped it and, to her suprise, found a bag. it was empty at first glance, but then she reached in and found a card. SHe pulled it out, and a large holligraphic monster popped out and so did a large elephant.

And... a piece of cheese.
"OOH!" said nammie, picking up the cheese.
"I THOUGHT I TOOK IT OUT! "said winnie, frantically. "I wanted it to be PERFECT!"
"Its ok. Whats the elephant for?" asked nammie, fixing her eyes on it.
"just watch."
Nammie watched with a wary eye as the elphat began to sing "Happy Birthday" and then the monster did a funny dance.
"That was interesting..." said nammie, going over to the presents table, and picking up...
Winnie
Winnie
DaughterofSpades

Back to top Go down

Post by pk494 Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:44 am

The gift that Pk had brought.
Pk: I hopes you enjoys it.

Nam: Um....Pk...It's empty.

Pk: Shocked Embarassed Ehehehe...um...my bad...you sure it's empty?

Nam: Oh, wait, here, there's...a large spherical object?

Pk: OMG! DON'T TOUCH IT! IT WILL DESTROY US ALL!

All: WHAT?!?

Pk:Oh geez...if the city destroying bomb is in THAT box, where is that reality control device?
Ah crud...well, I'm off to fight that cursed clone army...see you all later. Oh, and, um...I need that box back Nam.

Nam: Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight...*hands pk the box, and goes to pick up...*
pk494
pk494
ARPer

Number of posts : 367
User Points : 5852

Back to top Go down

Post by Flaw of Insanity Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:00 am

"Eh, at least this is better than by birthday party..." Flaw said with a grunt in his voice. Ryzaa shivered, "Remind me never to plan a surprise party for you!" "Was it that bad?" Winnie asked, having been ill at the time. "That bad? Lets say he nearly sent a knife through my head, got Vamp locked in a cage, and nearly cut off Demi's arm!" Ryzaa almost shouted.
Winnie raised an eyebrow, "Ummmm, Flaw did all that?" "Yeah, but after he realized it was us, he loosened the chains a bit." Ryzaa sighed. Everyone was in almost shock at remembering it. Flaw shrugged, "Ah well, live and let die." "Speaking of which, you killed Fluffy!" Ryzaa shouted at Flaw. All Flaw did was shrug and say, "Meh."
Pooky planted her head in her hand, "This is gonna be a LOOONG day."
Flaw of Insanity
Flaw of Insanity
Ready for take off.

Zard : The Merry Maids of Pwnzor--A Valkyrie's Tale 2ebtl7c
Number of posts : 2856
User Points : -2147228014

http://flaw-of-insanity.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pk494 Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:32 am

Pk: Well, the good news is, I defeated the army of cursed clones. The bad news is I destroyed the gift I got for Nammie...So I've decided to give her my collection of bobble heads, including all 281 Regulars, the Limited Edition Solid Platinum Bobble Heads I made, and of course the AE staff members, including mods.

Nam: Wow...that's...a lot of bobble heads.

Bertran: Hm? Wow...*tries to steal*

Pk: Try that again bert, and you'll lose more than just a hair.

Bertran: Eh? *Realizes Pk someow cut a single strand of hair without moving.* Shocked
pk494
pk494
ARPer

Number of posts : 367
User Points : 5852

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnie Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:17 am

"YEEEEAHHHHH" winnie shouted, finally seeign her chance, she ran over to the table adn attempting to steal the Bertran, Winnie, DragonLord Kayleen, Artix, Cysero, Warlic, and Scakk plushies she slipped across the floor and slid to bertrans feet.

Bertran picked up the Bertran bobble head. "Ah." he said, looking at the crown and ripping it off. "It's not me anymore."

Winnie began to cry. "I WANTED THE BERTRAN BOBBLE!!!!!!!!!!"

Artix stepped in front of her and took his bobble head. (Artix?? When was HE HERE??) Hmmmm.... this makes my head look big.......Everyoen got theres. nammie kept hers and that safficed as a present.
Winnie
Winnie
DaughterofSpades

Back to top Go down

Post by Pooks Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:43 am

Nammie shoved her way through all the piles of wrapping-paper, greasy plates, napkins and trinkets on the table to reveal the LAST PRESENT. It was a polyhedron of some kind in purple wrapping paper that had a strange, shimmering light to it; just looking at it for a few seconds made one feel as though the rug were sliding out from under one's feet. As she gazed at its swirling opalescence she felt and odd sensation, like the concept of right and left, up and down had started to slip away, like a fish on the deck of a tilting ship.

She reached for the faceted shape slowly, and touched the paper...the light was coming from under it, shining through the thin tissue! There was no card, no tag...and no one spoke to claim it was theirs as she pulled it toward her. Everyone stared at the vertigo-inducing shape, fascinated, yet unsure...surely one of them had brought it?

If not, then...but how odd it made one feel! As if everything that had made sense before now seemed...odd! WHY were cubes square? How did everything stay on the ground? Oddest of all...now, everything Flaw said: Shurkadurr...Kablaa...it now seemed to make more and more sense...some kind of sense, anyway.

Nammie had no recollection of removing the tissue wrappings. It sat on the table, casting a pale silvery glow as it's facets showed a marbled purple and silver texture that seemed to swirl ever so slowly. It was a peaceful, but not calming thing to look at. There was no malice, but it certainly wasn't friendly...it was more like a force of nature...but of no nature that could be readily identified as one's own. Pooky stared at the thing with an odd expression.
"I think I know what that is!" she said, in a a wondering tone of dawning recognition.

The Merry Maids of Pwnzor--A Valkyrie's Tale 3283502359_f04ae31c0a

She pulled out her old book of Crystallography and flipped through several pages.
"Yeah! Here it is! A 'Rhombic Triacontahedron'! One of the more complex convex polyhedrons...it is made of 30 "Golden Rhombuses"...so called because their dimensions are equal to the Golden Ratio...let's see...Archimedean dual solid...each face is both reflection and rotation of another face...ohmigosh." Pooky slammed the book shut.
"The matrix of vertices contains several other focii of power--the icosahedron, dodecahedron, hexahedron, and tetrahedron! Do you know what that means?!"

No one spoke. Even the cricket, who usually put in his two cents when no one else did, was completely slack-jawed at the unintelligible blather.
"Oh! Um...yeah." Pooky's face turned a delicate shade of pink.
"Well, let's say you had a lens that focused sunlight. Only this lens was also a prism that could split apart the sunlight into a rainbow, or reflect it like mirrors. Now let's say there were a lot of kinds of magnifier/prisms, that could be used to amplify or redirect or focus to different degrees of power...following me so far?

Flaw yawned. "zZz"
Nammie nodded slowly. Bertran looked interested, as did several of the others. But most of the group just stood or sat, staring at the mesmerizing shape and drooling.

Pooky rolled her eyes and stayed on topic.
"Alright. Now, let's say that those different prisms can also be used with each other..the complexity and variety of effects that could be had would rapidly increase, right?" Lord Zombie shrugged as if to say "of course".
"OK. What if there were a few very special prisms that could do everything that a half-dozen of these things could do...by itself?"
Vamp's eyes widened at the thought.
"With all the interactive, additive and iterative capabilities undiminished?" he said with a sharp, comprehending look.
Pooky nodded grimly. "Correct."
"So...what I have is a super...neato...prismathingy for making rainbows?" Nammie ventured, a bit puzzled.

A voice behind them spoke in the silence. "In a manner o' speakin', that's exactly what it is." Everyone turned to see Yulgar leaning over the counter as usual, where he had been polishing his mugs. Only this time, there was no smile on his face.
"The only thing is, were not talkin' about rainbows, Sunshine."
He looked past them, his eyes seeing a different time. With a voice tinged with sadness, he said, "Warlic explained it to me...even showed me pictures in his book. Way back when we were sending people on that quest to find elements for a custom weapon...remember them gems that people found? I forged 'em into their hilts...remember?"
A few in the group nodded.
"And now the mage-shop makes floating little purple ones for mage-pets...not very powerful, but they give a mage a boost. Those were made from some of the leftover gems found by people who didn't want 'em."
Everyone said "oohhhhhh...." at the same time.

"Well, those were these here focuses Pook's on about...some focused fire, some earth, some light, an' so on...and some could do more. Some could do a LOT more. An' there was one....one that could do it all...even Element X. We knew someone would have ta find it eventually if we kept sending people out there. Sure enough...someone found the mother of all focuses...light, darkness, Void, any and all. Not just focus, but mix, separate...intensify, dispell! In the wrong hands..." Yulgar shrugged expressively. "Well, Me an' Warlic didn't let that happen."

He nodded at the hedron on the table.
"That isn't THE focus of all focuses...but it is one of the more powerful ones." He shook his head.
"What I DO know is that the more powerful the focus, the more useful it is for findin' the most powerful one...the one that Warlic hid. The friends looked at each other with looks of surprise, interest, and--in Sych's case--sour-faced grumpiness.
"Only Warlic knew where he hid it," Yulgar said in a quiet rumble. "an' he took that secret with him." As he spoke his voise became more hoarse, and the pewter mug in his huge hand began to crumple.
" Durn sure he didn't tell that murderous little vixen of an apprentice..." He frowned down at the mug were all his fingers had gone white and left dents in the metal. He shrugged, and crumpled it into a ball with both hands, to be re-worked on his forge, and said in a normal tone,
"...but she's after it, you can bet that. It might be what she's been after all along."

The blacksmith shook his head, looking worried. "Whoever gave that to you has got a reason for doin' it. Might be they mean well...might be they don't. Whatever they mean by it, you got something that a lot of people, good and bad, will be itchin' to get their hands on. However it got here, one thing's sure--it's yours now. Happy Birthday, kiddo."
Nammie swallowed, and looked back at the faceted object.

Yulgar smiled gently, and went back to polishing his mugs.

Last edited by Pooks on Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Pooks
Pooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnie Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:41 am

Winnie looked at Kayleen.
"Don't you have one of those on your staff?" Asked Winnie, looking at her half-dragon apprentace.
"Uh..................................." She said, not knowing. "Warlic gave me this when I started my training. So, probobly, yes. Remember when we went thorugh that questy-thing where you had me get the 6 jewels? Well, then I took them to Warlic. Then he made me this staff.
The Merry Maids of Pwnzor--A Valkyrie's Tale Kaylee12
Oh, btw, yes, I made that in paint.

"Well," said yulgar, "If we put one gem next to the other, she should react to each other in a special way depending on which ones they are. So, Lets get the purple one."
They picked up the purple one and stuck it next to Kayleen's staff. to their surprise, they found the red gem in the center of the staff being sucked into the purple one.
"WHAT THE Please do not use innapropreate language.!??!?! YOU RUINED MY STAFF!!!" Shouted Kayleen, waving the now useless staff in the air.
"Sorry....?" Said Yulgar, feeling slightly guilty about wrecking such a fine staff. "I'll forge you another one."
Kayleen was now VERY angry. "I DON'T WANT ANOTHER STAFF, WARLIC MADE THIS ONE! IT WAS THE ONLY THING I HAD LEFT OF HIM!" Her knees buckled, and she began to cry.
Winnie looked up from kayleen. Shooting a glance at Yulgar as if to say either: "Its ok... I'll find a way to make her another one..." or "WHAT THE??? NOW LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!" Yulgar couldent tell which, and scratched his head apolagetically.
Kayleen now was forming a plan. "I AM GONNA HUNT DOWN NYTHERA AND I AM GONNA KILL HER! KILL HER AND TAKE THAT ORB SHE STOLD FROM WARLIC AND BRING HIM BACK! IM GONNA BRING HIM BACK AND---" This was followed by a seires of sobbing, and everyone turned their heads to Winnie.
"I dont know HOW she is gonna do it, but with this temper..."
Winnie
Winnie
DaughterofSpades

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryzaa Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:56 pm

"Well it wasn't MY fault!" said Winnie with an exasperated look on her face.
She sighed "Fine... Comon Kay" they left the Inn, "Happy rest-of your Birthday Nam Nam" they both said as they left.

"Well.. that was good.." said Ryzaa still sitting at the table "what is with that crystal thing?" he said on a side-note to Demi, "I really don't know..." his eyes still transfixed. "Well whatever it is, I don't like the look of it.. who would give that sort of a thing as a gift? It just looks evil.. or better word for it.. Chaotic." "You're right about that Ry..."

Just then Pooky walked over to their table, "What are you three doing over here all by yourself?" she said with a big smile on her face,
"Just.. Talkin'.." was Ryzaa's reply hiding his katana further under the table.
"About?" she inquired.
"What everyone else in the room is buzzing about right now.. Seriously.. hasn't that thing affected you in any way?"
"It has... but I'm over that."
"Heh.. that was quick.."
Ryzaa
Ryzaa
Procrastinator

Zard : Peregrine's rock.
Number of posts : 1692
User Points : -2147453912

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnie Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:56 am

Outside, Kayleen was busy trying to find new uses for her now de-charged staff. She was venting her anger at that tree in Battleon that now has a couple of scratches on it.
"TAKE THAT! AND THAT! YOU!!!!!!! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO KILL HIM??? WHY?" Kayleen raged, taking another stab at the tree with her staff that was broken in several more places than it used to be.
"So.... since its not a staff anymore... its a polearm?" Asked winnie, who was sitting on the stump next to Twilly.
"Polearm?" Asked kayleen, who knows a lot about staves and swords, but not much about other weapons.
"Yeah... Like that pitchfork you use for your hillbilly outfit." Winnie replied.
"..........................." said kayleen, taking out her pitchfork and stabbing the tree with it.
"Polearms are like staves that have pointy stuff at the end... in a way. If you want, I'll go into dictionary mode and tell you the full definition." Kayleen looked at Winnie with a cocked head.
"Please." said Kayleen, stabbing the tree again and denting her pitchfork.
"Ok..." her eyes closed as if she were in deep thought. "Polearm... searching.... Pole weapon.... Pole Weapon: Noun. A pole weapon or polearm is a close combat weapon in which the main fighting part of the weapon is placed on the end of a long shaft, typically of wood, thereby extending the user's effective range. Spears, glaives, poleaxes, halberds, and bardiches are all varieties of polearm. The idea of attaching a weapon onto a long shaft is an old one indeed, as the first spears date back to the Stone Age. The purpose of using pole weapons is either to extend reach or to increase angular momentum—and thus striking power—when the weapon is swung."
"Hmmm...... that actually makes sense." said Kayleen, taking out her tree axe.
"AGGGG! DON'T HIT THAT WITH A TREE AXE!!!" Shouted Winnie, jumping in front of the tree.
"Why NOT?"
"You can't cut that down! It's got... special stuff.... in it...." Winnie replied, putting her arms out in front of her defensively.
"What KIND of special stuff? <.<"
"Look, all I know is that you CAN'T cut it down." Winnie sighed. "Ok?"
"Not ok." Said Kayleen, raising her axe. "If it has special stuff, I wanna find it."
She swung and Winnie dove in with her battleaxe. "YOU CAN'T CUT IT!!!!!!" She raged, taking a forceful swong at kayleen's now equipped sword.
Kayleen swung back. She didn't mean to hurt Winnie- it just happened. During Winnie's recoil from her last swing, she had her axe behind her, so she was unable to stop the next swing. She fell to the ground, blue blood spilled everywhere.
"HOLY CRAP!" Shouted Kayleen. "HOLYHOLYHOLYHOLY!" She said, dropping her sword. That was all she could say. "HOLY!!!" She shouted again, and ran to get the healer. The thought didn't even cross her mind: "Blue Blood?"
The only healer there was Juliana. She looked up.
"Hey!" She said, standing up, "Whats up?"
"W--INNIE---!!! Kayleen stammered, "C-OM-E!!!" Running out the door with Juliana behind her, she reached the clearing.
"OH My Gosh! How did that happen??" Asked juliana, staring at the bloddy mess.
"IT WAS AN ACCADENT!" Shouted Kayleen, "DO SOMTHING!!!"
Juliana used her healing magic to settle the wounds, but not fully heal them. They were now just about as deep as a paper cut.
By now, however, some of the party guests had come to look for Winnie. They were all ver freaked out.
Finally, over the tragety, Bertran pointed out a very important thing.
"Hey, Juliana, why is her blood Blue?" He asked, puzzleing over it.
Juliana had worked with lots of colors of blood before. Red, (duh) Purple, Green, White, (Though she was pretty shure that was puss) And even gold. But NEVER, NEVER had she seen blue. Perhaps this was why she had taken it so lightly before, colored blood was jsut another thing. She took winnie to the healing tent and let her rest.

Juliana looked through all her books. She knew that blood color depended on species, however there was no mention of blue. So, she tried to break it down. She took out a peice of paper and wrote a chart.

Yellow=Gryphon
Purple=Moglin.
Green=Goblin.
White=Dragon
None=Undead
Gold=Unicorn
Red=Human

She thought about this. She wrote another table under it.

Blue+Yellow= Green
Red+Blue=Purple
Yellow+red=orange.
Red+red=red
Blue+blue=blue
Yellow+yellow=yellow.

The thought about what she had done. "IVE GOT IT!" She shouted.
"Got what?" Asked Flaw, who was standing behind her silently.
This startled juliana and she did a mini-jump.
"Oh, I didn't notice you there." she said, picking up the paper. "I've solved the mystery of the blue blood!!"
"Really?"
"Yes!"
"You gonna TELL me?"
"Well, yeah." Juliana showed him the chart. "See how Red+Blue=Moglin?
"Yup."
"Well, then that means that purple-red must equal blue!"
"how do you do THAT?" asked flaw.
"I DONT KNOW YET!" Juliana said enthusiastically, clapping her hands together.
"..................................................................." Normally he would be used to this sort of behavior if he hung out with juli more often.
"Well, Im trying." juliana said back, taking out more paper.

The next chart was more complicated.

MOGLINS (Purple)
^
Healing magic/Cute and cuddely
^ ^
Magic originated/Bad fighters.
from ainchent/
healers./

She thought about this.
"OMG!" She said,clapping her hands. "AYEEE! IVE FIGURED IT OUT! WINNIE IS ONE OF THE AINCHENT HEALERS! THATS WHY PURPLE-RED=BLUE! MOGLINS ORIGINATED FROM HEALERS AND THEN SHE IS ALSO HUMAN, BUT A HEALER!! THAT ALSO EXPLAINS WHY SHE LOVES MOGLINS SO MUCH!"
This fit the puzzle perfectly. Mabye when she was done she could ask winnie for some help.

Alas, that would never happen. 1 week later poor winnie was dead.
Winnie
Winnie
DaughterofSpades

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonLord Kayleen Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:57 am

meanwhile, Kayleen had fled Battleon and hid in her loft in a forest.
She had been out of control. Darkness had been slowly taking over the light in her soul.
Kayleen was an outcast. She felt anger and sorrow whenever she tried to go to back.
She watched winnies funral from a distant hill. Now, she decided to go back. Not to the town, the darkness. She thought that she was losing it. She lost her dear Warlic and
murduered her friend. just the thought of it brought tears to her eyes.

Kayleen started packing her possetions, all the time muttering "Cant hurt anyone else,
cant LOSE anyone else...." While she was backing her front door opened. Kay paused
and looked up without turning around she said,"Nothing you can do will can change my mind, Artix." Artix sighed and relpyed,"I thought not. If you leave, it will be a great loss,
I know your in pain after Winnie's accident but-" "ACCIDENT!??! IS THAT WAHT THEY CALL IT??" Kay shrieked tears welling up in her eyes "THEY KNOW WHAT HAPPENED,
THEIR JUST HIDING IT, NOT LETTING PEOPLE KNOW THE TRUTH! I KILLED HER AND I CAN NOT FROGIVE MYSELF, ITS THE LAST OF IT!! I HAV- IHAVE TO TURN BACK TO THE DARK!!!" Kayleen screamed as tears of sorrow and fury streaked her face. Artix stared at her, knowing now how badly off she was. Kayleen threw her backpack over her shoulder and headed past Artix, who muttered,"Warlic would not want this..." Kayleen stood in the doorway and said "Winnie wouldent want this either." She faced Artix and handed him a
sliver dagger. She pressed it in his hand and said, "If you see me in battle and-and Im going to hurt one of my friends o-or someone else, stab me with this.Do not hesitate. If Warlic ever comes back, he'll know what to do...." her voice trailed off. Kayleen closed her eyes as she change into her dragon form. She jumped off the ledge and flew away, leaving Artix stareing at the weapon in his palm.

[size] THREE DAYS LATER...[/size]

Kayleen stood in a throne room inside Scelptuers fortress, in front of the dark lord himself.
"Old master, I have retured." Kay said steadly. "And why would you be back?" hissed the
Dark Lord. "The light has finely left it scars on me" "the dark I recalled, also left it scars on you also." "Yes, but the scars from the dark dosent burn though." "Very well,....."
The dark lord raised a hand and dark fire flew out and circled Kay. Where Kayleen Drakwel once stood, the Dark Kayleen stood. "Its good to be back" hissed th ShadowClaw
with a grin.
DragonLord Kayleen
DragonLord Kayleen

Number of posts : 182
User Points : 10749

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnie Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:13 am

PART 2: BACKSTORY(S) And HARDSHIPS

~Comment~
I copied this from Kayleen's application up till teh end of the second paragraph.
~Comment end~

Kayleen's Backstory

Kayleen and a few of her friends went shopping at
a traveling trinket shop. While Kayleen's friends were searching for the fabled
Warlic plushie, Kayleen wandered over to a case filled with medallions. One
of the medallions stood out from the rest. It was bronze and had dragons on both sides.
On the front there was a common looking dragon that seemed to be more powerful
than it looked. On the other side, there was an asian dragon. When Kayleen touched it,
an electric feeling shot up her hand. When she purchased it, the shop keeper gave her
a strange warning. "This medallion has two halfs. When they are connected, the two owners
become one." Kayleen gave the shopkeeper an odd look and left.

Later that night, far away , the 'other half' of the medallion, was owned by the dragon
lord of fire, Firedragon. She was in an epic battle with the accursed Blackcharr, which in draconic meant 'the black scourge'. Not only did it describe the color, but also what was in his heart and soul. Black. The battle raged on. Swords clashed, fire licked the scales of the two mystics. Firedragon was down, soon to be slain, when the medallion
around her neck began to glow. Blackcharr raised a poisonous claw in the air, ready to make the final blow, when Firedragon dissolved
into thin air. Firedragon, spirit form sailed into Kayleen's medallion.

Kayleen was then part-dragon. However, she was cursed forever. The darkness that was in Firedragon overwhelmed her, and she went to go be with Gravelyn, and soon marched up the ranks to being 2nd in power. However, the minute she took off the medallion (the cord broke) she realized what she had done. Thoughts raced through her mind. "What happened to my friends?" "What have I done?" "Why did I do it?" She ran. ran far, far away. She finally reached the town she has sword never to return to: Battle On.

Eventually, her old friend, (The others had either been killed in battle or moved away) Winnie, taught her to be good again. Winnie became her mentor. Finally, when Winnie thought it had all vanished into Kayleen's ever growing memory, back at that tree in battleon, it all came back.

Winnie's backstory

Ever since she was little, she had wanted to be a paladin. She looked up to her hero, Artix. She drew pictures of him in her notebook, written fictions about him saving the world from all-out evil without help, and every other thing you could possibly imagine. When she was 12, she started paladin training. Most trainers were usually 13, but she was sick of Coppa ruining her fun. She graduated paladin school with the rest of the class, And was a natural healer in all aspects. But she mostly liked to hang out in graveyards with Kayleen. One day, at a shop in Battle On, Kayleen vanished. She worried about her but the memory faded. Every once and awhile, she'd think of her and wonder: "Where is she?" But that was not often. She passed the item with her new friends, and her ever-growing collection of AE plushies. She had treated the Warlic plushie carefully the whole time, as a repersentation of Kayleen. She had met warlic several times, and found several things by the tree in battleon she had placed in his plush-slef's hands. There were little pieces of paper, (Later she bound them and make a mini-spellbook) and a small red gem, which she later gave to kayleen. One day, Kayleen returned. She was scarred, and her eyes were aflame with Fury and Anger. She taught Kayleen the values of good, while using the book in yulgars shop: "Grave's Fairy Tales, " that is clear proof that good always wins. She became kayleen's mentor, and the world of Lore was peaceful once again. Until that day....

~Enraged~
Lol, I guess that means I partially contributed to this post, seeing that I fixed some stuff.

~Stalked~
What exactly DID you do??

Last edited by Winnie on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Winnie
Winnie
DaughterofSpades

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliana Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:41 pm

((Out-of-Character: I really, really hope nobody minds my advancing the plot in this manner.))

Juliana had spoken little for some time now, retreating somewhat into herself in order to reflect. She knew plenty about the darker side of life, of course. She had witnessed dozens of wars, several unlikely disasters, and a number of truly bizarre incidents--the last category being one into which she unreservedly placed the events that had taken place on and since Nammie's birthday. Juliana had not attended the party; she loved her work, much as she might pretend to gripe about it, and parties generally brought out the worst in her. Even the promise of cake had not been enough to draw her here. She had preferred to draw the tale gently from the distraught guests as she had worked to save Winnie. Knowing her friends as well as she did, Juliana could form a clear picture of events in her head.

In contrast to the boisterous and vaguely horrifying spectacle of the party as Juliana half-imagined, half-remembered it (having attended other parties involving the same people and seen the wreckage left over from this one), the mood surrounding Yulgar's inn was distinctly subdued tonight, as befit the evening after a funeral. The healer sighed and dismally raised her tankard of fresh grape juice to the light, inspecting the way the juice looked through the oddly translucent sides of the mug. As it should be, her drink was solidly purple enough to be nearly black, with faint traces of purple foam on the top to show that it had been aerated when poured. She lowered it back to head height and took a sip. It was hard to taste the sweetness of the fruit through the bitter taste of grief and futility that tinged everything she ate or drank with a flavor not unlike that of horseradish. Tankard and table were reintroduced with a melancholy thud. There was little point in trying to force that down now. Even the sweetest grape juice could not overcome grief and guilt.

Lost in her thoughts as she was, Juliana barely noticed someone sitting down beside her, even though that someone did so with plenty of clanging and scraping of plate armor. That someone had to call her name several times in order to get her attention. "Juliana... Juliana... JULIANA!"

"Hmm?" she mumbled at last as the voice filtered through at last. "Oh, hello, Artix," she added as the visitor's identity registered. Looking at her friend properly now, Juliana noticed that he looked worried--no, sad and resigned would be more accurate, she decided. The axe he normally carried, the axe that had at one time in its long and somewhat bloody history been Juliana's, was nowhere to be seen. Artix carried a dagger instead, not at all his usual style. There were many arts and virtues that the Paladin Order was known for; subtlety and the similar things that a small silver dagger would indicate were decidedly not among them. Compounding the strangeness was the style of the dagger. It was not a design that Juliana recognized, and she had been exposed in one way or another to nearly all of the weapons that had been common at any time in the past few millennia. "That's a new weapon," she noted, indicating the dagger. "What happened to your axe?"

"Nothing, it's in my bag, but an axe is a two-handed weapon. They're a little inconvenient to carry if you want to bring something that is not that axe to someone's attention. You will want to know about this dagger, actually. Kayleen gave it to me, about ten minutes ago."

"Kayleen gave it to you?" asked Juliana in astonishment. "But she doesn't carry daggers! And what did she think you would do with it?"

"Well... she gave it to me after making a speech about why she wanted me to have it..."

This was strange. Artix wasn't usually so reluctant to say something straight out. As a matter of fact, some people thought he liked saying things straight out a little too much.

"Please, just say it. I like plowing head-on into giant undead armies as much as you do, remember?" This was Juliana's attempt at an unsubtle hint that she liked things to be said bluntly. Life made more sense when people charged head-on rather than dancing around a topic.

"All right. Kayleen is going back to the dark. She is not interested in being dissuaded, she is not happy with our delicacy over the subject of Winnie's death, a bizarre twist of fate has made her do this for honorable reasons, and she told me to stab her with this dagger if I catch her trying to hurt one of her friends. I don't know what is special about it, only that she made it clear that she thought that there was something different to it."

"Have you told anyone else?" asked Juliana practically. She would wait until later to break down in tears over Kayleen's betrayal. It never crossed the healer's mind to try and stop her friend; the half-dragon was stubborn and powerful both and when she was enraged there was no use trying to reason with her.

"Not yet. I was planning to try and find everyone..."

"You've found them. Everyone with a stake in the matter, other than Kayleen herself, is here, and there are almost no outsiders around. I would personally recommend jumping on the table and yelling it for the entire inn to hear... Though, of course," she added pensively, "that might be hard to do in that style of armor."

"All right." Artix stood up. Faces with gloomy expressions turned to look at him. "Friends," he called loudly, "Kayleen has turned back to the dark." Ignoring the ripples of shock and horror that greeted this latest tragedy, the paladin leader went on. "Her motives, at least, were honorable, though her actions were not. There is no telling what she will do now. It is quite probable that she is headed back to whatever dark place she escaped from when Winnie took her on as an apprentice. That is all."

In another part of the inn... ((To Be Continued...))
Juliana
Juliana
Storyteller!

Number of posts : 3679
User Points : 163942

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnie Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:05 am

Everyone gasped. "Kayleen? Dark side? She worked there in the first place??" These comments filled the room. Most everyone had known kayleen rather well, that or knew Winnie and WInnie talked about her a lot. Artix sat back down.
"That went....... well...." He said, having trouble sitting becuase of his armor.
"Yes, I suppose that it wasnt a very nice topic of discussion to talk about, but what has to be done must be done." Replied juliana, whose juice was now gone.
"It's getting late, i'd better go back to the graveyard and get those undead." Said artix, getting up. This made a lot of noise.
"Goodbye!" Said Juliana, waving.
Nobody slept well that night. Not Juli, not Kayleen (She was peicing together the map), Not artix, not Bertran (He was there when artix made the announcement), Not even poor twilly, Who was still haunted by the thoughts of Winnie being killed right in front of his eyes.

Last edited by Winnie on Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:25 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : muahahhaha, im ebil.)
Winnie
Winnie
DaughterofSpades

Back to top Go down

Post by Pooks Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:35 am

Nammie struggled unconsciously, twisting in her coverlet. The room was dark, but in a corner of the room, a faint purple glow pulsed.

"WINNIEEEE!!!" She screamed, and fell out of bed awkwardly, tangled in sweat-dampened sheets. Concerned voices and the sound of running feet came from the hall. Nammie wrestled wildly to her feet and swallowed her rising panic. Her door slammed open, and Ryzaa leapt into the room, wearing nothing but leather shorts and a grim look on his face, katana poised in "The Wrath of Lightning" pose. He was followed closely by Kaotic, half-asleep but ready to rumble, Flaw, who apparently slept in crimson Paladin armor, and BB, who scurried to search the corners of the room for danger.

Pooky pushed by the boys with Celestia and Juliana and cast a quick glance at Nammie to make sure she was ok, before turning to the boys.
"Ok, thanks guys, good job, it looks like we're safe." she said cooly. "Now it's the girls' turn...we'll talk in the morning."
She shooed the yawning boys back out of the room, and let in a few other girls before closing the door. Celestia looked pale and weak, but concerned for her friend, as were all the eyes in the room as they watched Nammie relax in the presence of her friends. She started to tremble as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Her hands flew up to her face as she cried "I saw Winnie! She came to me! It was so real!" The friends clustered around her like a protecting wall putting out hands and giving hugs in silent support. Celestia looked troubled. Some murmured about having strange dreams as well. Celestia spoke up in a pained tone of voice.
"I had a dream too--but it was about Kayleen. She was watching talking to Winnie, but I couldn't see her. And there was someone else... could only feel it, kind of...Yulgar's right, Nammie is in danger...and somehow what happened to Winnie and Kayleen is connected. There was such malice! But it wasn't directly coming from Kayleen, I don't think...it made me feel awful."

Pooky thought of her dream she had woken from: a dark vision of shadowy-winged menace that brooded over Nammie like a dragon watching it's prey. She raised an eyebrow at Lucy and mouthed the word: "Kayleen?" She made a circular gesture at the room. Lucy's bunny ears perked up and she nodded, leaning over to whisper in Star's ear. Star's hands danced in the air like a pair of butterflies, as a glowing blue bubble swelled between them and grew to envelope the room.
"Ok we're warded, girls." Pooky said calmly, nodding to Star. Star winked and rubbed Nammie on the back kindly. "Now...I think we all can feel that this wasn't just a dream...I seem to remember having a dream about someone, but I'm not clear who it was...do you want to tell us what happened, Nammie, or shall we cast a dream-vision?" Pooky asked quietly. Nammie looked up with haunted eyes. "I don't want to have to describe it, Pooks...I'd much rather not be conscious for it."

Pooky nodded. "All right Witches, you know what to do." Nammie lay down on the floor as the girls with Witch class knelt on each side of her and linked hands. As Nammie closed her eyes, a nimbus of white light formed above them, and shapes began to form in it. Soon everyone was able to see what Nammie had seen.

Winnie stood in a large open meadow with oak trees dotted about. Her face was healthy, and clothing was loose and flowing, of an unfamiliar design, but very rich and beautiful. She didn't seem to be in unhappy, but she wasn't happy, either. A calm but intense look of concentration was on her face. It appeared she was all alone in that place. She began speaking immediately, in urgent tones.
"Nammie, I don't have much time. What you need to know is this: I am not dead. At least, not entirely. Everything that is me, that make me who I am, is alive and safe here in this place. Just my body was left, but that isn't ME. I was taken by women with wings, who call themselves the Valkyrie. They come whenever the soul of a brave warrior dies, to keep and protect them until the "Final Day" and the "Last Battle". That's beside the point though. The point is that I'm stuck here with nothing to do until then, and I'm alone! I can't join them in Asgard to wait with the other warriors, but I can't leave this place! It has something to do with my not being fully human, I guess. Finally, I found out I can visit people I know very well in a vision for a brief time. I sent Kayleen a vision that made her think that a map to Warlic's Prime Focus is in BattleOn...the tricky thing is, what she wants actually IS there, just not what or where I made her think it is."
Winnie's voice became fainter, more urgent. "You have to make her think that you are protecting the Tree where Twilly is, but at the same time protect the REAL clue. Nammie's crystal orb is the clue! I don't know what it means, but I can find out more from here! There is something much bigger going on, Kayleen is just a pawn in a bigger game. So are you, Nams...I think all of us are just pieces on some one's board!" Winnies face began to become misty and indistinct.
"Find out what the orb's powers are!" Winnie called, as from a distance "The Valkyries are on our side, but they have their own reasons, I know it!" Winnie faded away until only her face remained. "And get me out of heeeere!" her voice wailed.

The glow faded, and Nammie sat up slowly. "Did you see it alright?" she asked.

In another place, in a darkened hall, a figure sat slumped on a throne, surrounded by it's outspread wings. A large purple crystal, the twin of the one in Nammie's room, spun on the tip of a taloned finger, shedding it's eldritch light into the gloom, lighting the brooding face and glowing eyes.
"I saw everything, Nammie my dear," Drakath growled, "and I see that Asgard and the Valkyrie have cast their lot in with those who oppose the Forces of Chaos!" His scowl deepened as he clutched the crystal of Focus in his hand and looked into a facet. A good thing Warlic had been disposed of by the traitorous little Apprentice of Chaos. The crystal spun on the claw again, stopped, and he looked deeply into the opposing facet. As quick as light on water, the look of fury vanished and an impish grin creased his face.It would be quite inconvenient if the Regulars could be taught to use their focus as well as he could use his.
"Teehee!" he said, as his features softened, rounded, and shrunk: a wolf's feral ferocity changed to a kitten's innocent playfulness. He stood, stretching his huge wings and folding them again as they, too, shrunk and changed. A giggle sounded through the dark vault again as the figure strode toward a door at the far end, the steps becoming quicker and lighter.
"They may oppose Chaos...but they may as well oppose wind and wave, for all the good it will do them! Teehee!" Nammie tossed her purple hair over her shoulder and strode out the door, still holding the Triadec Focus in her hand. Let the silly Witches run to the Valkyrie--the caution and neutrality of Asgard always made their awesome power of little consequence. She giggled again, but found it unsatisfying compared to the full roar of laughter he felt within. The fools in Battleon would never know Nammie was gone.

Meanwhile, downstairs at the Inn, Yulgar, in his nightgown, poured mugs of hot chocolate as the guys sat around the table, wishing they could do something.
Pooks
Pooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnie Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:24 am

Kayleen had a dream that night, back at her old home, in her old bed. She dreamed about that warlic plush, the one with the spellbook. She dreamed that a plush nythera came and killed plush warlic. Then, the spellbook's pages came floating out and re-arranged themselves to form a map. The map was covered in colored dots, with one large red X. She picked up the map and, oddly, when she tried to focus on one dot, the map disinegrated and all that was left was the beaten warlic plush, lying on the floor.

Then she remembered that she had lost the warlic plush. This made her wake up, and lay for awhile thinking of where it may be. She gathered that it was lost about the time she finished her good-person training. That is when she remembered where she put it.

She ran over to her suitcase, throwing all of her packed belongings all over the floor. "AGGGGGGG" She shouted, finally pulling out a small key. She ran to her other suitcase. Rummaging through all that, she found the lock. turning the key, she found her secret compartment. Pulling the warlic plush, now coated with dust, she hugged it.
"I've been looking for you, 'lil guy. Now, I need that spellbook." She whispered, brushing him off and taking the spellbook. The pages fell apart, just like the dream. They were all across the floor, and she spent the rest of the night peicing them back together. The only thing she did not know that moment, was that Winnie was smiling down at her from Death's realm and was joyous that she had gotten the message.
Winnie
Winnie
DaughterofSpades

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliana Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:46 pm

((In a manner somewhat similar to my last post, I'm going back to the end of what Pooky last wrote to flesh that out. If I did something wrong, please let me know. And I've FINALLY figured out a difficult but important point in my character's backstory; namely, she is about fifteen in AQWorlds.))

Hot chocolate. It was good for a lot of things, Juliana decided as she peered into a steaming mug of it. The heat made it a good remedy for sore throats, and the combination of warm and delicious usually worked wonders for the various guises of sadness, most of which were out in force tonight.

As they sipped and tried not to burn their tongues, the female Regulars had filled the males in on the situation. "So what are we going to do about it?" Flaw asked as soon as they were done.

"What can we do?" replied someone dismally. "We're here, Winnie's there, what can we do about it? It's not like--"

"Oh!" Juliana had not not intended to speak as loudly as she had, but all heads turned towards her anyways. She barely noticed, but kept on speaking. "I think I know where this is going. There's only one thing we could do..."

"And?" asked Ryzaa after it was clear that Juliana had come to a complete stop. "Where is it going?"

"We can talk all we like, but in the end, there is only one way to solve the problem that's been put before us."

"Which is...?" prompted Pooky.

"Winnie's message was twofold: perpetuate her trick on Kayleen, and get her out of there. How we help the trick is obvious: we make a big or at least visible show of protecting the tree, and we subtly protect the crystal. And how do we get her out of there? How does anyone get anything out of anywhere?"

There was a brief pause while everyone worked through that thought.

"We have to go get her..." someone whispered. It was hard to tell who, because they were so quiet. "We get her out of there by getting there and bringing her back."

"And how do we do that?" queried the same voice who had been so dismal about Flaw's initial question.

Rather than answer directly--because the rest of the answer was not immediately clear to her way of thinking--Juliana replied, "This promises to be far too much like dying for my taste."

"Huh?" almost everyone chorused.

"I don't like anything that seems like dying. It's very unpleasant."

Next moment, everyone was wondering what she had done that had seemed like dying.

"Oh... that's right," murmured Juliana when a semblance of quiet had again been attained. "You don't know. I never told you about the Saga of Traitor and Betrayed."

This was enough to almost make everyone forget about what they had been talking about.

"The Saga of Traitor and Betrayed?" asked Bertran.

"Later," Juliana promised. "It explains why I'm alive, why I have healing magic, why I enjoy undead-slaying so much, and why I feel so strongly about anything that resembles death, but it has no bearing on our situation right now."

"Right..."

Seeing that the conversation was trying very hard to wander away from the subject of saving Winnie, Vamp quickly called, "Does anyone have any ideas about how we could get to where Winnie is? Preferably without killing someone?"

This started a storm of conversation. Everyone racked their brains for ideas, and even the poorest of inspirations was thrown out into the room for its practicability to be debated. Even if an idea was ridiculous, it might spark a better one in someone else's mind. Some of the more scientifically minded scribbled diagrams and equations on anything they could find, including one another's clothes. Finally, a deep, booming voice bellowed over the din, "SILENCE!"
Juliana
Juliana
Storyteller!

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnie Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:54 pm

It was drakath. He walked over to the other side of the room, and put one of his cold hands on Vamparagon's shoulder. Everyone either stepped back or was frozen. Nammie was hiding her crystal in her bag, so nobody could see it. Everyone was scared. Finally, not even turning to face him, Vamp spoke up.
"What do you want, Drakath?" he said, fingering the sword on his hilt.
"I want nothing." Drakath said, here people began to whisper about if he is telling the truth. "Simply to help you."
Now everyone was scared. For about a minute, (the longest minute of some of their lives) scilence hing in the air. Everyone was thinking the same thing: Get. Him. OUT.
Finally, vamp spoke up. He turned toward drakath.
"Drakath, I can pretty much tell that you mean no good. GET OUT." He was firm, but cold.
"Fine, but you will be very, very, very sorry. You will never get Winnie back without my help, and mark my words, you will not last a week knowing you had the chance." Drakath retorted, turning around and starting to walk out. Suddenly, at the door, Kayleen appreared. Nobody could tell that it was Kayleen, except for her flaming hair and her necklace.

"DRAKATH!!" She shouted, taking everyone in the room off guard execpt for drakath.
"Whaddya want, you n00b?" He asked, crossing his arms.
"What did you just call me?"
"A n00b."
"I am not a n00b, I am a DRAGON LORD! ALL SHALL BOW BEFORE MY PRESENCE!" Now everyone was beginning to think that this was kayleen's evil twin.
"Oh my dearest." Said juliana, covering her mouth.
Vamp was just as surprised. Kayleen is back?
Kayleen then went and did somthing she had not done in a very, very, very long time. So long she had forgotten she could. She had always remembered that Winnie had stopped her from doing it. Her anger got the best of her.

In case you have not guessed, She went dragon.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

MEANWHILE, BACK WITH WINNIE...

She was still alone. She was soooo tired, becuase she found it hard to sleep in the grass, even though the ground was soft as pillows. She rolled around, but the light was blinding. Thank goodness she wasn't a vampire, or she'd be dead as a doornail. She just sat there, and she had a lot of plans for when she got back to life. First of all, set stuff right with her old boyfriend. Second, go get kayleen back. Third...

She fell asleep.
Winnie
Winnie
DaughterofSpades

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliana Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:45 pm

At the sight of Kayleen expanding into her dragon form, everyone froze in shock, not remembering how to move or even how to breathe. The moment, and Kayleen, stretched longer and longer . . .

Then everyone shook off the paralysis at the same instant and did the first thing that came to mind. Kay's full-sized dragon form would quite possibly fill the entire room, so many people acted to prevent themselves and others from being crushed. Big, burly warriors flung their friends out the windows. Some of the more nimble scrambled down to the basement, or doused the fire in the fireplace and clambered up the chimney. And everyone in the room who could wield a spell did so. Mages, witches, healers, and every other kind of spellcaster began chanting incantations, or funneling magic through various magical instruments. Some tried to dragon-proof Yulgar's wooden inn, others to stop the sealing of escape routes. A few attempted to halt the dragon's growth altogether.

Less than three seconds had passed since Kayleen had declared herself to be a DragonLord.

A chair crunched beneath her weight. "No!" cried Yulgar, as for the second time in his life he saw his livelihood about to be trampled by an enraged dragon.

Juliana, knowing perfectly well what the blacksmith-turned-innkeeper was thinking about, guiltily rubbed a spot in the center of her chest. She hadn't meant to let that pair of feuding dragons loose in the middle of Falconreach, but she still felt that it was her own fault that the dragon Fern had acted with such complete disregard for the property of others. If only Juliana had had time enough to undo the spell that had compounded the danger so thoroughly... Or, at the very least, if she had been more careful with the limits she had applied to it... Well, she could make up for her carelessness unleashing Fern and Perry on Falconreach back then by rescuing Battleon from Kayleen right now.

Juliana Sundry drew on the store of power that was as much a part of her as the once-green eyes that had turned brilliant violet with the highly unusual side effects of a highly unusual healing spell. Ancient magic answered her call and flooded into those around her, lending strength and ease to their spells and actions. Kayleen froze exactly as she was, neither moving nor growing so much as an inch. The inn was suddenly entirely empty but for the half-dragon girl and Drakath (whom nobody found to be worth rescuing from Kay's rightful wrath, especially since he was its primary target), with all other people, tables, and even floors outside on the lawn.

A head with a distinctive mop of brown hair appeared over the newly formed ledge of the second story. "Where did the walls go?" asked Cysero. "I tell you, it's not easy taking an open-air bath in the middle of Battleon."

"Over there," replied Juliana casually, pointing at the inn. "We left them there so Galanoth wouldn't come running. Kayleen is dragonifying in there, you see."

"All right," Cysero acquiesced equally casually, pulling his bedhead back into what would rightfully be the confines of the bathroom.

"Why did you do that?" Vamp asked, directing the question at Juliana.

"You mean other than the fact that it saved us a lot more funerals? Penance."

This cryptic response elicited quite a great deal of muttering. It was BB who finally got around to actually saying it to her face: "Penance? For what?"

Juliana was silent, but she glanced swiftly at Yulgar, whose face suddenly clouded over with suspicion edged in horror. "But it was Juliana o' the Light who accidentally destroyed Falconreach, an' she died in the attempt. Surely you aren't a ghost?"

"No," she said softly, "but Juliana of the Light was my kin. When she died, I took on her name and the responsibility for putting her mistakes right." She had known for a long time that someday, someone would notice something like this, and she had prepared a response to just such a question. It was even entirely true. But she was still keeping something back. She had been keeping the full truth a secret for so long, it was now force of habit for her to keep the most dangerous part of it back.

"Juliana of the Light? Who's that?" wondered someone who apparently hadn't heard many of the stories that so many others told.

"A hero of the last generation," murmured Juliana. "Now she's a legend, and widely believed to be one of the best who ever lived. She fought for her home of Amityvale, for her family in Falconreach, and for all of Lore. She died about fifteen years ago, when she was a few years over twenty." There was a pause, and then Juliana added even more softly, "She was my sister. I never met her--she died before I was born--but I heard her legend from the people who knew her best. Some of the parts that only my family knows are--"

A roar from the empty shell of the Inn cut her off. The spell that had kept Kayleen frozen had apparently just ended.

"Oh, dear," Juliana said somewhat sarcastically. "I feel so sorry for Drakath."

"Well, don't," advised Vamp. "He deserves this after all he's done."

Last edited by Juliana on Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to revise somewhat and add a bit more substance to it.)
Juliana
Juliana
Storyteller!

Back to top Go down

Post by BBZERO Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:56 pm

Out of my apparently goofy character :P ( umm I haven’t posted in this Roleplay yet I’m still in here somehow but ill post since I’m in here, and try not to mess up anything to much sorry if I mess up how you would act.)
~~~
As everybody sat puzzled looking from Drakath and then back to Juliana both intently starring at each other, there was another long pause in which nothing happened. Ok Ok everybody...how about we start by hearing Juliana’s story and then we can hear what Coco in la cabeza over there has to say about our friend BB said breaking the silence finally. WHAT DID YOU CALL ME YOU PATHETIC THEIF!!! Drakath yelled while dashing at BB with the full intent of tearing him to shreds with his bare claws. He quickly realized in tight space with other people this close to the action and a giant dragon about to squish everyone spreading some people out would be best. BB resorted to one of his oldest tricks in his book of survival...RUNNING LIKE HELL! Even though BB was the best at doing this while also spreading out everybody Drakath still impaled BB on his claws faster than most people could even turn their heads to watch him being attacked. SOMETHING AS LOW AS YOU SHOULD KNOW WHEN TO TALK AT LEAST MORE SO WHEN ITS AN INSULT TO SOMEONE WHO CAN KILL YOU VERY EASILY he roared at BB's limp body holding it above his, and head shakeing it like a rag doll. As everybody stared at them with there normal faces because they have seen BB get attacked like that countless amounts of time. Well crazy...maybe you should learn to hit the vital organs of a human, BB uttered with blood dripping from his wide grin hanging from Drakath’s claws. Now put me down before kaylen tears ME to shreds because you wouldnt let go! Everybody thought that BB had just made another stupid move resulting in his death……again.

Yulgar’s knowing what BB did to survive the attack had Drakath put him down finally and tear out his talons. BB promptly limped over to the fire place where he could use his first aid kit on himself with out being squished. Drakath now almost engulfed in his hate for humans just from BB somehow being alive after his attack went on to explain that there friend was basically trapped in "limbo”, and that the only way to get her back was to create a paradox of some sort (witch chaos was very good for doing) that allowed them to actually go into "limbo" and retrieve her bringing her back to the "positive" world.

Well Winnie said after hearing Drakath's information. It beats someone actually being killed and somehow bringing her back....but why should we trust you in the first place?

Last edited by BBZERO on Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : new posts)
BBZERO
BBZERO
ARPer

Number of posts : 166
User Points : 6573

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnie Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:38 pm

The battle raged. Kayleen's full wrath was unbeleiveable! Many thought she was an amature at using her powers, but BOY WERE THEY WRONG. Winnie had tought her so little, but she knew so much. They were about evenly matched! Kayleen crouched down and did a fire attack, drakath narrowally getting burned. He attempted to use his darkness beam, flashing back at him off of a force feild of fire. Kayleen then tried to step on drakath, being stubbed in the claw by a bubble around drakath. She BROKE THE BUBBLE and drakath ran out of the way, just as her claw came down. She did manage to grab him by the leg though. She held the little traitor by the ankle.
"Well, Well, Well. What do we have here "Oh great one?" she asked, letting him dangle.
"I'm trying..." he stammered, "Bring, back.." it was hard to understand. "brave!"
"If that is the reason you came, i'd like you to tell me exactly how your going to do that." she said digging her claws into his leg, letting drakath release a scream of pain.
"Fin.... I... nam.... purple... sumon... her!" he gasped in pain one last time, as kayleen put him down. Almost.
"You promice you won't use magic if i put you down?" Kayleen asked him.
"YES!!!!" he said back, for his blood was seeping down his leg.
"Good." she said, putting him down. "Tell me how to get her back." Even if she HAD put him down, she still wanted to maintain a dominating stance, so she looked down at him forcefully.
"Use the orb." he said, "Summon her. The orb has more power than you think it has. I used to posess it! I gave it to her for her birthday! I knew it would come in handy." he shrugged. "Please, I've told you all I know. Let me go, please, please, please with princesses and puppies and whatever dragons eat on top?"
"Hmmmmm......." kayleen pondered this. If she let him go, she put lore in danger. On the other hand, if she captured him, he could destroy the prison. She decided to take him to Gravelyn.

~AT GRAVELYN's CASTLE~
"What do you want?" asked graveln, her arms crossed.
"I brought you a... surprise." said kayleen, hiding drakath behind her back.
"Look, i'm sick of surprises right now. Take whatever your planning to pull on be back to the joke store. Can't you see i'm in a bad mood?" She replied, turning to walk back to her throne.
"But Mistress, its not a prank, joke, or anything that has the slightest chance to displease you!" Kayleen argued, using her puppy eyes.
"Fine." Gravelyn said, "Show."
Kayleen took her prison out from behind her back, and she watched Gravelyn's eyes grow as large as saucers. The FLYING kind. Gravelyn went out of shock and smiled her evil, evil wicked smile.
"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" she asked, walking over to drakath, who had fainted from loss of blood.
"Please, take him. Take your revenge." kayleen said, putting drakath on the floor.
"Kayleen." Gravelyn said, making kayleen turn around. "I'm giving you a promotion."

Last edited by Winnie on Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Nobody ELSE was posting!)
Winnie
Winnie
DaughterofSpades

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonLord Kayleen Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:19 am

"oh hohoho YESSSSSSSS!" Kayleen flew around her room (wich was ALOT bigger than it looks..)
"PREEEEMOTION! with that power, i can get that stone - crystal thing, and then Warlic back!! eehehehehee!!" At that point she remebered her dream about the map. She thought about Winnie.
"Winnie, WHAT IN GREAT SHARDAS SCALES ARE YOU LEADING ME TO?!?! Ahh..you're all ways up to something..even in that frosaken death relm.." cried Kayleen as she looked up at the ceiling. Kayleen paused and sat on the ground. She stared down at her claws. Who am I? she wondered. Kayleen often thought that these cruel days. Then getting frusterated with her self, She left her room. "Where do you think your going?" Asked an undead minion on her way out. "Im need to get some air." was all she said as she took flight.
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Meanwhile, back at the inn, everyone was recovering from what just happened. people wondered and asked them selfs, Why did she take DRAKATH? Did she give up evil or did she just need him for another cause. Hopefuly Drakath wont be coming back soon. After doing some head counts, Vamparagon deicied that no one was missing. Still shaken from what just happened Yulgar asked, "What in da great wurld of lore just happened?" To witch Juliana replied, "THAT was Kayleens dragon form" At that impromtu moment of all the people to come, Galaonoth bust through the door. "Did some one say DRAGON?" he asked excitedly. "NO." Chourused all the regulars. So they kicked Galonoth out. Un fortunatly, on his way out, he found one thing that the clan could not deny. Galonoth bent down, picked something off the ground. He stared at the object un certainly for a moment then held up an orange scale, gleaming in the moonlight.
The dragon hunter had a lead.
Meanwhile back with Kayleen...
DragonLord Kayleen
DragonLord Kayleen

Number of posts : 182
User Points : 10749

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnie Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:55 am

She was flying towards BattleOn at the speed of light. The wind beneath her wings shooshed, giving her a cold breeze. It was about a minute fly, but a 20 minute walk. She went over the the tree, seeing the scars it had made. Not just on the tree, but on her heart too. She claimed the light had scarred her, but was it really the light? Mabye it was her. It was her all along. She always had assumed the best would happen to her if she used her anger. Anger was a habit. Mabye that was her dragon half, mabye she was angry. The marks on the tree seemed strange. She had only hit the tree 5 times, but there were 8 marks. She noticed that the marks she had made here deep. There were 3 that were deeper. She thought about this for a very long time. Well, she thought, i'll just have to see what marks were there before. She pulled a photo out of her pocket. It's finish reflected the sunset, revealing Winnie's face, hers, and Juliana's. In Elementary school they were all called the 3 healers. Winnie's face was smiling, carefree. Wandering off from the haunting smile of Winnie's, She looked at the tree, and she saw 3 gash marks. They formed an arrow.

"AN ARROW!" Kayleen shouted, so loud anyone in all of battleon could hear. "Oops." she said, covering her mouth. She wanted to make shure that nobody found out she was there.

She followed the arrow inside Juliana's healer tent, and right through a group of people that obviously was checking on a patient. She pushed them out of the way, enchanted with excitement. She ran into a painting. She was about to go through the wall, pushing the tent flap, when she saw somthing on the back of it. It was a paper, containing directions to a cave. Kayleen left the tent, following the direction that said to go Left. She went left. Juliana, wondering WHY she was being interruppted by a frinnd of hers, and why she was so impolite not to have said "HI!"

Kayleen was greeted by a sight she did not want to see.
Winnie
Winnie
DaughterofSpades

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next