[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Distant Futue - TRTG for the iPhone

+2
Icey
Caeel
6 posters

Go down

Should TRTG be on the iPhone too?

Distant Futue - TRTG for the iPhone Vote_lcap80%Distant Futue - TRTG for the iPhone Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 12 ]
Distant Futue - TRTG for the iPhone Vote_lcap20%Distant Futue - TRTG for the iPhone Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

Distant Futue - TRTG for the iPhone Empty Distant Futue - TRTG for the iPhone

Post by Caeel Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:49 am

So, I just got myself the iPhone SDK, and many of the people on TR have iPhones or iTouches. Now (with some research and lots of coding) I could put up the TRTG onto the iPhone. Granted this would apply only once TRTG is physically released. It will also provide the option for TRTG to actually work on the iPhone (which currently doesn't support Flash).

Just wondering your opinions or ideas.
Caeel
Caeel
LuvaBoy
LuvaBoy

Zard : Distant Futue - TRTG for the iPhone Shadowq
Number of posts : 1503
User Points : 505751

Back to top Go down

Distant Futue - TRTG for the iPhone Empty Re: Distant Futue - TRTG for the iPhone

Post by Icey Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:21 am

Interesting...your just full of ideas arnt you Caeel :D
Icey
Icey
Ron Swanson

Zard : Distant Futue - TRTG for the iPhone M9vzwh
Number of posts : 2553
User Points : 128021

http://icewolf-king.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Distant Futue - TRTG for the iPhone Empty Re: Distant Futue - TRTG for the iPhone

Post by Caeel Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:25 am

I make it my job to create interesting ideas. It's just kind of hard to get some of them rolling. Also, if anyone wanted to help and new Objective-C coding or had their own iPhone SDK they could help out a lot.
Caeel
Caeel
LuvaBoy
LuvaBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:38 am

Would we be allowed to turn it into an iPodPhone game? Would we run into any copyright problems?
Shadow
this is a title

Number of posts : 3430
User Points : 572072

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeel Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:39 am

We shouldn't so long as we don't copy AE's ideas.
Caeel
Caeel
LuvaBoy
LuvaBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:42 am

Isn't most of our art based off AQW?
Shadow
this is a title

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeel Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:44 am

Well we're doing the "test" version right now. Once we have our own game up and running it shouldn't have most of the same stuff. Either way the art is our own, it people just requested that someone make their AQW character in that fashion. I made a few Pixel People not based off of AQW characters as well. So we should be good.
Caeel
Caeel
LuvaBoy
LuvaBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:16 pm

Well heres an idea, how about we make the game first
then get a budget for this
then pay the hundreds of dollars a month for a copyright
then we can apply to Itunes to get it
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeel Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:17 am

What the heck do you mean? If it was free no one would have to pay for it, and as for copyright, if it is sold off of iTunes it is automatically copyright from iTunes.
Caeel
Caeel
LuvaBoy
LuvaBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valosity Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:24 am

Copyright doesn't cost that much. Currently i'm working on my dads website, for his buisness, and a forum for a game he made up, there's a website + forum for it, and it's a great idea. He will be getting a copyright on it, to copyright to buy is about $30, and to maintain about $5 a month. Although it wouldnt be hard on an Iphone app, 'cause they cost about $1 for every person, correct? That would MAKE TR money - alot in the long run. Assuming it's a hit, TR would get more money to sponsor it's projects, like the Trading Card game, Flash stuff, and the comic strip. Finally, assuming this all is a hit because the App kicks it off for TR, there would be a bit of money to be used to pay anyone who does MAJOR work on any of these prjects. And of cousre, V, who would probably manage everything about this, letting TR members help making these things, saying "Yes", or "No" to a project.

~Valo
Valosity
Valosity

Zard : Distant Futue - TRTG for the iPhone Whitecc
Number of posts : 356
User Points : 42918

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeel Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:02 am

It depends, if it is free then no one makes money, if it is payed then we get 70% of how much it is sold for, we would also need an account with a credit card to receive said money. But either way, I don't think we really need a huge copyright or anything just yet, and Forumotion does a pretty good job covering TR's needs.
Caeel
Caeel
LuvaBoy
LuvaBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:15 am

I say it is a good idea, considering TR is living off donations. First, we have to make the actual game, fix all the bugs, code, program, etc. Most of this is up to Vamperz, considering he founded the clan, and he manages most of the donations and what the money is used for. It should help decrease the need for donations, and hopefully increase TR's popularity.

Don't have much else to say.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:23 am

We don't need donations Sticky, they just give us nice little extras, like no ads and our URL.
Shadow
this is a title

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:51 am

IF money is gained, it could be put to use making TR powerful. Like, lets say clans are released, and they do it similarly to the AQ clans, where donating Ztokens makes the clan stronger. The money could go toward that.

Anyways, I approve.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045546

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:13 am

To Shadow: Doesn't TR use the money to maintain the site? (Meaning the content, considering this is a decently large website)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:59 am

No. The forum itself is free.
Things like the upload gallery though, V has to purchase space for it.

Edit: Wait, where did the upload gallery go?! o.O
Shadow
this is a title

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:11 am

I noticed that too Shadow. Vamp has some 'splaining to do.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045546

Back to top Go down

Post by V Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:15 am

We took the gallery down for a while, we're revamping it so it's not so ugly.

Besides that, space for the gallery doesn't cost much. Most of the donation money goes to the Domain Name or Ads.
V
V
agina

Zard : Distant Futue - TRTG for the iPhone 2pt1bvm
Number of posts : 3752
User Points : 10237722

http://www.trforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:54 pm

This site has ads?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:57 am

I think that the app would do wonders for us, what i mean is that alot of my friends have ipod touches or iphones and like to browse the app store frequently meaning that if i told them to get it they could suggest it to other people meaning we'd get alot more intrest with people that play all the AE games
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down