[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Stories from the Nightside

Go down

Stories from the Nightside Empty Stories from the Nightside

Post by Altera Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:26 pm

This is where you'll find various stories written by me. Not all of my stories though, since the PaladinOne stories involve excessive amounts of foul language, violence and other non PG-13 stuff.

Comments can be posted here.

In order of posts
-The Great Cookie War- Chapter 1 (AQW, minor TR-relatedness)
-TGCW- Chapter 2
-Untitled series- Soul Tailor scene. (Original Fiction)
-TGCW- Chapter 3
-The Eclipsed Path- Chapter 1 (Mechquest)
-The Rise of the Black Mage- Chapter 1 (Dragonfable)
-Love and War (DF oneshot)

Happy reading everyone!!

The Great Cookie War

Chapter 1- Appliance Shopping

It’s always a neat thing to cook. Going to Lolosia for the best fish in Lore (travelling in any boat makes me violently ill so fishing is out of the question). Travelling to Willow Creek for wheat and seasonal fruits and vegetables. Learning recipes from different people. I may write a book on those sometime.

Of course there’s only so much one can cook on a campfire and my house currently doesn’t have an oven so along with my friend Aotearoa Kiwi, who agreed to accompany me as long as we stopped by all bookstores on the way. I set out in search of an oven.

After many weeks on the road, with a side trip to fight a Chaos Lord and some lessons in making the perfect Kappa Maki roll, we finally came across Magog’s Appliance Centre, conveniently situated in the Frozen Northlands. While Kiwi attended to her serpentine hair, which was sneezing all over her, poor girl, I examined the various ovens Magog had to offer.

“Can I help you miss?” A shop assistant with slicked back hair approached me. I glanced at his name badge, the name Jack was printed in large black letters.

“Yeah, I’m looking for an oven.”

“Anything in particular that you’d like? Gas, Dwakel, Magic powered? With or without rangehood? How many elements would you like?”

“Preferably Dwakel, with rangehood and just the usual four elements.” I read up a lot on ovens during my travels so much that Kiwi told me I was talking in my sleep about them.

“Well we’ve got two options here.” He led me over to a dark corner of the store. “First we have the Fishing and Pikelet Echo, it’s a good all rounder at 3000 gold.”

“I’m not fond of Fishing and Pikelet. I bought an iron off them and it broke within two days. It’s not fun when your toga ends up with a nasty burn mark from an exploding iron. What’s the other option?”

“The Doommatic 666, it’s 2000 gold more that the Fishing model but if you buy it today I’ll throw in a dishwasher.”

A dishwasher would be handy, I can always give it as a gift should the need arise.

"Altera, can you hurry up get the oven? There's a book sale down the street and I have a feeling that they have that Artbook you've been dying to get since Velsper showed you her copy."

I sighed before turning to the shop assistant, Kiwi was more into books than I was and nothing, not hordes of undead, nor illness, nor any expensive oven was going to get in the way of her getting to a sale. “Add in freight to Battleon and you have a deal.”

Last edited by Altera on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:12 am; edited 6 times in total
Altera
Altera
Crazy Awesome

Number of posts : 5783
User Points : 90255

http://argentis.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Stories from the Nightside Empty Re: Stories from the Nightside

Post by Altera Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:36 pm

The Great Cookie War

Chapter 2- Let's try it out!

So the extended shopping trip to the Frozen Northlands was mostly a success. Kiwi blasted a draconian or something to get her hands on a rare novel; I didn’t pay much attention to the events because I was being distracted by the pretty pictures of my new artbook and my excitement over getting the oven.

Actually getting it in to my house required a bit of work. It took a while to undo all the protective spells on my front doors so I could take it off their hinges, the oven was a bit too wide to get through initially. The Doommatic was soon slipped into my open kitchen/dining/lounge/party area and ready to go once the Dwakel technician connected up. That done, Kiwi and I reattached doors and conjured the spells required to prevent my home from being char grilled, flooded, flattened and sent to other dimensions. Because with friends like mine, I don’t want to be stopping at Bolg’s Building Supplies every other day, like I did when I lived in Nova Cottage. MidHaven Keep is sturdy and has survived two sparring matches-cum-all out brawl between good and evil so far. I don’t really wish to see a third, especially since I’ve been planting trees to liven up the place.

I set to work on a number of cookie recipes when a puff of dark grey smoke announced the arrival of an old friend.

“Velsper! When did you get back?” Kiwi waved, I nodded my head as waving a bowl of cookie above one’s head is ill-advised.

The Shadow Cleric grinned, “Just now, traffic on the teleportation highway is terrible at the moment. I think I may have knocked Ric into the wrong exit-”

“More like deliberately kick me through to the Frozen Northlands.” Ric, my other old friend appeared in a flash of green light, glaring at Velsper.

She shrugged, “What can I say? I have a daily evil quota to fill out.”

Ric’s hands tightened around his daggers. Kiwi started casting a binding spell, tendrils of leaf green energy crept up around both Ric and Velsper.

“If you two are gonna fight, then you’re not getting cookies.”

“Awwww, you should let them fight.” Gurpus stood just outside my keep.

“Not on my front lawn they aren’t. I’d rather spend my time baking than cleaning their messes. Come in and help yourself to drinks from the bar.”

“So you still don’t have couches or chairs in here?” Gurpus remarked as he sat on the edge of the split floor, raspberry smoothie in hand.

“I haven’t found a couch to suit. The housing stores I’ve been to don’t stock what I want.” I selected an orange on my tree, and zested and juiced it.

“Translation: Altera wants one that won’t be readily blown up by those two.” Kiwi threw a dagger at my dartboard.

“Hey I said I was sorry for that stray fireball.” Velsper threw hers and missed, I tried my best not to wince when it collided with the stone wall.

I sighed as I spooned cookie dough onto the trays. “For my next shopping quest we’ll look for suitable couches. Maybe a certain someone will be finally willing to chip in some gold to help fund it.”

“I’m EVIL!! I don’t pay for dam-” Velsper began to protest.

“Guru Forest, three months ago. I still have the photos.” I said in a low voice.

Velsper’s mouth opened and closed as her eyes widened, “You wouldn’t dare.” She hissed

“You owe me a couch. I will dare.”

She bowed her head. “Fine. But I want all the copies you made.”

“Deal.”

Ric and Gurpus looked at both of us while Kiwi nodded in the background, “What was that?”

Kiwi shrugged, “I’m not at liberty to say anything about that.”

“Alright that’s enough dark deeds for today.” I slipped the last tray into the oven. “The cookies will be ready in a wee while.”

The scent of baking cookies wafted through my home and I made a quick trip upstairs to fetch my map of Lore, marking all the places I had gotten recipes from. The map also doubles as a recipe book, tapping a place on the map with one’s left pinky brings up the recipes from that region. I tapped the marker on the Frozen Northlands and sifted through the recipes. I got up to a recipe for Cheese Fondue when someone screamed.

I ran down the stairs, “What did I tell you guys about fighting in my...” I trailed off as I surveyed the scene before my eyes.

“Oh. My. Bananafish.”
Altera
Altera
Crazy Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Altera Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:34 pm

Just a wee bit of filler stuff. A possible scene for my original fiction series taken from the Soul Tailor's (Penelope Weaver) perspective. Also featuring Celeste Bourne (Death's Handmaiden) and Leon [doesn't currently have a last name] (The Newbie). Doesn't really have a title.

Water splashed my boots as I ran down the alley, blade in one hand, tracker crystal in the other. The footsteps of my comrades slowed as I stopped.

“Don’t tell me we have to go up, Ms Penelope.” Leon groaned as he looked up at the brick wall of the apartment building that blocked the alleyway.

“You and Celeste double back and cut him off. I’ll follow the trail.”

Celeste nodded and ran back towards the street, Leon followed her. Tucking the tracker crystal in one of my coat pockets, I vaulted up the rickety stairway of a nearby building and used it as a launch pad to get on to the rooftop of the target. I made a rolling landing and came up on one knee.

The trident stabbed at my head and I ducked to avoid it. It knocked my hood back. I retreated a few meters to the roof’s edge.

“Only one of you followed me? This makes the hunt more exciting.” The demon spun his weapon, smirking as I slowly got to my feet. I sheathed the blade and rested my hand on my hip.

“Only one demon? This is a waste of my time. I should’ve just left this to the newbie.”

“You dare underestimate me, mortal!” He snarled, “I am a warrior of Summer and Spring and you are just a worm.”

Hmm, I touched a nerve, “Is that so? Then I shouldn’t have to worry. After all, I’m fighting a maggot.”

He charges, hurling his trident and obscenities at me. That’s the reaction I’m after, typical hot-headed foot soldier. A wind thread blasts the oversized fork off-course and it embeds itself in a wall three blocks away.

I still have to deal with the demon himself. His weapon and the slight head depression... he’s a kappa. That’s wonderful. The one day I didn’t remember to buy cucumbers and I have to fight a kappa, which means I’ll have to bow, and that’s incredibly risky, especially in times like this. Tactics quickly ran through my mind as I put enough distance between myself and the kappa and bowed. He paused briefly and almost returned it.

“Foolish worm! Your old methods of fighting my brethren will not work!” He unsheathed his claws and slashed.

Well what he thought was me. I was prepared for his attack. The string simulacrum is not completely perfect on closer inspection, I can’t properly replicate my own eyes, but he didn’t notice until he’s sliced through it, and spotted the faceless visage.

I had my spindle in my right hand, spinning the red light in my left into thread and used another wind thread to send it around the kappa.

“Einsame Ritter des Phönix . Fangen und verbrennen, das Wasser Dämon. Neun Lanzen aus Feuer!” *

The circle of thread wrapped itself around the kappa, as flaming lances appeared and impaled the water elemental. He screamed as the fire engulfed him, cursing me and my kin. By the time Celeste and Leon appear, the demon is ash scattered on the wind.

You’re done already? Death’s Handmaiden hand-signed.

“It was just a kappa. But there will be more in the city. They never travel alone.”

I think I preferred them when all they did was look up women’s dresses.

“I’ll have to agree with you on that, Celeste. I’m not too fond of killing elementals." I turned to the newbie, "Leon, we’re gonna need more supplies. Find an open supermarket, convenience store or produce market and buy up all the cucumbers you can find.”

“Want me to get some kappamaki rolls while I’m at it?” He suppressed a small snigger. Celeste rolled her eyes.

I flicked a serious glance at him, “That would be even better. Now go. Celeste and I will track the remaining kappa. They may have gone to ground, in which case, stay away from fountains and the sewer unless I give the order. Understood?”

“Yes ma’am.” He trundled back down the fire escape as Celeste saluted and jumped to the adjacent building south of the rooftop, whilst I headed north-west.

* "Lonely Knight of the Phoenix. Ensnare and burn, the water demon. Nine spears of fire!"
Altera
Altera
Crazy Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Altera Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:28 pm

The Great Cookie War

Chapter Three: Unsupervised clean-up

“I can’t believe you guys! I leave the room for five minutes and you all end up with burns!” I grabbed the First Aid Kit from under the bar and threw it to Velsper. Gurpus, Ric and Kiwi winced as the evil healer treated their various injuries, Ric seemed to get the worst of it, the right side of his face was bright red and already beginning to blister, while I tended to the messy state of my kitchen. Most of the cookie trays were still in the oven but two had their half baked contents merging with the floor and frosting was running down the walls. I walked back to the bar and downed a smoothie.

“Okay. I’m gonna go out and get some more ingredients. You four can tidy up the kitchen. Cleaning equipment’s under the stairs.”

“Can’t we use magic?” Velsper asked.

“No. It interferes with the protection spells. Elbow grease is good enough to do the job. Kiwi, you’re in charge. I’ll be back in an hour or so.” I scooped up a basket and left.

The trip to Battleon took longer than I expected, with a swarm (herd? flock? flerd?) of frogzards tearing up the forest trails and a wrong turn at the Clubhouse meaning I got back to the Keep well after Sunset.

As I approached my home, I gained a rather peculiar tingling sensation at the back of my neck. I rounded the path only to find my friends arguing at the top of their voices.

“- should be the one to tell her.”

“Why me? Kiwi should tell her!”

“I wasn’t the one who used the spells.”

“So what are we gonna do?”

“I say we teleport out of here.”

“For once in my life, I do agree with you Velsper.”

All four of them disappeared before I could open my mouth. Suspicious, I set my basket down and armed myself with my silver shotgun. Back hugging the side of the narrow porch, I opened the front door.
Altera
Altera
Crazy Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Altera Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:03 pm

This is the first chapter of the Mechquest fanfic I've been working on. I think it needs a better title.

The Eclipsed Path
Chapter 1

The sound of boots thundered down the hallway as Starbuck, Braddock Steele, Sys-Zero navigated their way through the twisting maze that was the Shadowscythe lair.

“What if she doesn’t arrive?”

“Altera will meet up with us at the rendezvous, without fail. We already agre-woah!”

An explosion shook the building, causing the men to stumble briefly. The floor gave way underneath Starbuck as he gave out a startled yell. Braddock grabbed his arm and swung him back up on to relatively stable ground. “Easy kid. Can’t have you getting killed just yet.”

“Come on, the sooner we get out of here, the better.” Sys-Zero took the lead.

The captain’s comm crackled to life, “Captain Sys-Zero, do you ‘kzzzt’ –py”

“Sys-Zero here. What’s happening Ensign.”

“Readings from ‘kzzt’ planetary core suggest the planet will be destroyed. I ‘kzzzzzt’ a lock on your group. Queenadent Pureheart has ordered me to beam you all up now.”

“Understood.”

“Standby for beaming.” Seconds later, the three men appeared in the bridge.

“No! We have to wait for her. Beam me back down!” Starbuck launched himself at the transporter controls, only to be held back by Braddock.

“Starbuck, stand down or we’ll sedate you.”

“But we’ve left her down there! Queenadent Pureheart, she saved our lives, all of our lives.”

Odessa shook her head, “If we could, we would beam you back down, but Starbuck, the planet is minutes away from tearing itself to pieces. The gravitational forces are fluctuating wildly; we can’t get a clear location lock. Whatever she did, it's working. All we can do is watch as Inferi Dii is destroyed.”

“But... but...” The pilot fell silent as the planet exploded, sending fragments to scatter across the starship’s shields.

“There isn’t much we can do. We were fortunate to beam you out when we did. All we can do now is see whether the remaining Shadowscythe will surrender or not.”

Three years later...

Starbuck stood to attention as the new Kingadent, Acton Estrellas, arrived at the entrance of White Castle. Odessa had retired at the end of her term, choosing to focus on reconstruction off-world rather than deal with politicians. The survivors of the Second Westion War had settled on Gark and were currently in the middle of a large scale project to make the planet more prosperous.

Sys-Zero was commanding the Honour Guard flanking the red carpet leading up to the Throne Chamber, where soon-to-be-Kingadent Estrellas, would be sworn in officially. The pilot wore his formal admiral’s uniform, a brilliant white jacket, trouser and shoe arrangement, light glinting off the two medals he wore, with the left side of his chest a colourful patchwork of ribbons. Starbuck and the rest of the Honour Guard wore a variation of the dress blues, navy blue jacket, black pants with a silver stripe, black leather dress shoes and a silver and navy baldric. The young captain was grateful for the cool but sunny weather today. If the ceremony was not delayed by a week, due to the new Kingadent’s wife giving birth prematurely, Starbuck was sure that the hot weather that week would’ve caused him to pass out from heatstroke.

Estrellas had wanted the inauguration ceremony pushed back further, so that his wife could take part in the event, since she spent most of her time watching over baby Esperanza in hospital. But his advisors insisted that his inauguration happen as soon as possible, to ensure the stability of the Lorean Government. The Kingadent relented and hidden behind smiles he flashed at the cam-bots recording the events of the day, Starbuck could spot annoyance and tiredness in the older man’s face. However the traditional Inauguration Ball was postponed, due to the Kingadent's unavailability.

“... for today we venture, not where a path has been made, but into a great unknown, where we will create our own trail, for future generations to follow. We are now a galaxy in the midst of healing. It is my hope, that one day very soon; we will be in a galaxy at peace.” The newly sworn-in Kingadent bowed to the crowds that cheered as his Inauguration speech finished.

In the crowd, a pair of Celestian windtalkers clapped politely, observing the momentous event unfold from beneath their blue-grey cloaks.

<A new ruler, a new start. They must be kidding. Nothing will change.> One commented to the other in Archaic Celestes.

<Have faith, Ddraig-fach. There will be change.> Amber eyes looked up at the holo-projection of White Castle’s Throne Chamber, a smile formed on the windtalker's lips. <It is the nature of the universe. Come, we must report to Peacemaker.>

<Roger, Tescatlipoca.> The pair melded with the crowds and vanished.
Altera
Altera
Crazy Awesome

Back to top Go down

Stories from the Nightside Empty The Rise of the Black Mage

Post by Altera Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:38 pm

The first chapter of the Dragonfable fic I've started. Inspired by one of my recent pics and the writing of encouraged by a few.

The Rise of the Black Mage

Chapter One

Wind rippled the Deathknight's hooded cloak as the gryphon she rode swooped down towards the seaside town. The riding beast circled the falcon-topped tower before landing gracefully beside it. Altera Nova dismounted, legs slightly shaking from inactivity. The flight to her sometimes-base town from Dragesvard where she had been following up leads on recent activities conducted by Drakath. Leaning against the gryphon, she sighed, stroking the feathery fur.

"Sometimes, I really wish that armour came with inbuilt heating." She muttered, "Come on, let's get you sorted out Stewie. I bet you wouldn't say no to a nice stable and some... uh... well whatever it is gryphons like you eat." She lead the gryphon into the holding area where the stablemaster immediately took over the care of Stewie.

Mount tended to, Altera walked down the path to Falconreach. The town was looking prosperous as she saw a pair of worker moglins erect a signpost. Why was I never told about Falcon's Nest? She pondered before stopping by Reens and Alina's shops to refill her potions and drop off some interesting reagents the Royal Alchemist that was stationed in Dragesvard wanted her to deliver. She was about to enter Serenity's Inn, when someone yelling her name made her turn around.

"Alllllteeeeeraaaaaaaaa Noooooooooova!" A brown, silver, and tan blur knocked the Deathknight to the ground before she could form any sort of defence.

"Welcome back to Falconreach, Altera!" Ash Dragonblade smiled as he helped her back up.  "How was your quest?"

"Tiring. I went all the way to Dragesvard and couldn't find any trace of Drakath. The broker in Amityvale gave me some bad information, the trail's gone cold. How have things been in my absence beyond what you've been telling me in your letters?"

"Oh you know... interesting. Lim held a science seminar the other day at the town hall. A few people went to see what it was all about. The ones that didn't leave early fell asleep. Oh! And Warlic told me to deliver this to you." He handed her a parchment envelope.

She tucked it into breastplate, "I read it once I get a wee bit of rest. Care for a drink at Serenity's?"

"I'll pass for today. Miss Reens wanted me to oversee the delivery of some healing potions to Oaklore."

"Best of luck then, young Archknight."

The boy grinned before trotting off to the Potion Master's shop. Altera managed to enter the Inn without further bodily harm.

"Ah, Altera! My favourite customer!" Serenity waved her over.

Altera smiled, "You say that to all your customers."

"But to you especially. I sold on those daggers and staves you managed to find near Moonridge. Are you sure you don't want a cut of the profit?"

"Just convert my share into an overnight stay and a couple of tankards of moglinberry cider. I won't be staying in Falconreach for long, just long enough to catch my breath before I go back on the hunt."

"Your usual room is ready and waiting. Galanoth sent advanced word that you were on your way." The innkeeper passed her a brass key. "I'll bring up your drinks after you have a bath."

"Thanks Serenity."

!@#$%^&*()

A hot bath, a change of clothes and a tankard of moglinberry cider later made Altera a much more content person.  She padded across her room to sit tailor-style on the bed. Balancing her blade on her palms, she mediated for a while, allowing her breathing to slow as she counted to one thousand five hundred. She reached six-hundred and seventy-nine when the whispers began, nine hundred and ten when the shadows gave form to a pair of wraiths. She ignored them and continued counting; only acknowledging their presence after she whispered the last number.

"I can't be bothered dealing with you two today, so unless you have something of interest to me, like say Drakath Slugwrath's location, bugger off."

"Always disrespectful, aren't you little Nova-child." The first Wraith said.

"You and Ezekei and the rest of you aren't really worth respecting, Maraber. Corrupted souls linked to a suit of armour and the will of its master, one must wonder how far you did fall before becoming what you are today."

"It doesn't take a great distance to fall girl. A little slip-up is all it takes." Ezekei warned.

"Don't compare me to you. I intend to stay on the Path of Light, no matter what I must sacrifice."

"You skirt too close to the edge; it will only take a small push for you to be walking on the Path of Darkness." Maraber's form flickered slightly, "But we don't worry for you at the present time. Our only concern is that you fulfil your side of the contract. We expect results and soon, Nova-child. Do not disappoint us or you will find that it is not only your eyes that will turn black." The Wraiths disappeared leaving the woman alone once again.

Altera lit a lantern, muttering about unwanted, intangible beings when she suddenly remembered the letter. Retrieving it from the pocket inside her breastplate, she opened it and read it.

Altera Nova,

I trust this letter will find you despite the daily peril you face. Information has been brought to my attention that may aid you in the fulfilment of your contract. Use the Portal to come to my tent and we will discuss it further.

Sincerely,
Warlic.
Altera
Altera
Crazy Awesome

Back to top Go down

Stories from the Nightside Empty Love and War

Post by Altera Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:11 am

Random Dragonfable stuff. I'm not entirely keen on the title. Figure I might just post it here.

Love and War: A Dragonfable Fanfiction

"They're retreating again!"

"Tell me something I don't know Tomix." The Death Knight lunged at her last opponent, a Chaoweaver noble who fell quickly to her sword. "We need the rest. Still got enough mana for the circle?"

"Just enough, but I will hopefully replenish mine through meditation." The Soul Weaver immediately prepared the spell, which would keep anything, from the spider-like Chaosweavers to the mysterious Embodiments, from harming the pair as they recovered from the day's brutal battles.

Altera dug into her pack, "Well, if push comes to shove, use these." She held up two glass bottles filled with an azure liquid.

Tomix raised an eyebrow, "Mana potions? But won't you need them?"

"Never have needed them. I don't have a link to the magical world but Reens and Alina insisted I carry these. Figured I may need them some day. I know you used the last of yours yesterday so take mine."

Tomix accepted the bottles, "They feel rather... potent."

"I maybe crap at spell work, but I know how to make a basic mana potion and Alina showed me how to strengthen my potions a bit more through the addition of select reagents. It also helps that she gave them a magical boost which helped to modify the flavour and aroma." Her companion stared, "Well, extra potency means that the potion becomes extremely bitter. Mages have been modifying the flavour for ages because the last thing you need is for your gag reflex to overwhelm you at a critical moment."

"Point taken. So what's for dinner?"

"Two choices, creme of chickencow soup and scones or grilled Chaosweaver."

"You are joking about the second... right?"

Altera looked him straight in the eye, "I have it on good authority that Chaoweaver flesh is tender, juicy and delicious. The downside is most end up dead afterwards. All that time mastering poisons in battle meant that poisons sequester within the bodies of Chaoweavers. One bite and you die in agony... or make you wish you did. So yes it was a joke. Just the soup and scones tonight." The Death Knight pulled out a small pot, a packet of dry soup ingredients, a flask of water and a small bundle wrapped in paper.

It didn't take long for the soup to be cooked and the pair sat down and ate quickly before cleaning up and setting up their bedrolls.

"So... what's going on with you and Riadne?"

Tomix spun around quickly hiding his initial surprise behind a blank face, "I have no idea what you are talking about, Altera."

"Oh come on, I can tell you have feelings of affection for her."

The Soul Weaver blushed slightly, "I am... merely concerned for her safety down here." He protested. "Besides why does it have anything to do with you?"

Altera placed her blade beside her bedroll, "Well, I need to know that you're not gonna be distracted in a fight because I'm relying on you to watch my back here. I don't want some lovesick Soul Weaver worrying about someone who's somewhere a lot safer than where we are. Riadne isn't fighting a war on two fronts and she isn't gonna stop Greed from getting to the Judgement Wheel. We are. And for that we need to be focused. However, after all of this. You will have to speak to her."

"I don't falter in the heat of battle. Never have, never will. Although, I do understand where you are coming from on this matter."

"Good. Now let's get some rest. Nothing like a good night's sleep to get one in the mood for taking down some Embodiments and Chaoweavers."

!@#$%^&*()

The war was won quickly. The pair had sliced and blasted their way through scores of the enemy to face down Greed. The corrupt spirit had succeeded in reaching the Judgement Wheel but like many who had sought its power, suffered the consequences of the unworthy.

Altera and Tomix stumbled back through the Equilibrium Gate, the Death Knight supported the weight of her injured comrade. Riadne and Izaac ran over.

"Are you two alright?" Izaac asked as he and Riadne took over from Altera, supporting the Soul Weaver until they got him to lie down on a step.

"I'm fine, just a few bruises, nothing serious. But Tomix was injured when Greed destroyed his Spirit Looms. I treated him as best as I could but he really needs a proper healer to look at his hands."

"I can get him to one. I'll send a message to one of the order's healers straightaway." Izaac offered. "You look like you need one as well."

Altera smiled weakly, "I just feel exhausted but I can't rest just yet. Vaal and his army of Chaoweavers is about to attack Falconreach and the surrounding area. I have to warn the townspeople. It will be worse than the last war... I can feel it."

"I'll be back in a couple of minutes, the Gate interferes with my magic. I'll be over by the museum if you need me." Izaac walked off.

"Be careful." Tomix called from the step.

"I'll come with you." Riadne stood. "I can pass on my knowledge of the Chaosweavers to you and the townspeople. Besides someone has to make sure you don't keel over on the way up."

"Very well. But first, I'm sure that there's something that you and Tomix should discuss first. Don't take too long though, I'm gonna go ahead to ensure the path to the AboveGround Portal is clear. Get better soon Tomix." She clapped his shoulder with a firm but careful hand before walking to the Portal.

Riadne stared at the shrinking figure of the Death Knight, "What is she talking about?" She asked, kneeling beside Tomix.

The Soul Weaver looked up at her, "When I was in Pellow Village, fighting alongside Altera towards the Wheel, it made me think about a lot of things. Whether I'd be able to stop him from using the Wheel, where I'd need to go from here, what would happen if we failed. And then I began to think of you, a lot. You are an astonishing woman Riadne. You're kind, brave, strong. You studied the Chaosweavers for months and then escaped from them when they captured you. You helped me and Altera greatly on our mission to defeat Greed and just when I realise I want to get to know you even better, we will be going our separate ways. You're going upwards to stop Vaal and the Chaosweavers, I need to hunt Lust and Envy. I-I can sense that Lust is nearby. Once I've recovered, I'll be targeting her."

"You will be careful. Won't you, Tomix?"

"Riadne... I..."

"I was able to contact Felicius. He's on his way." Izaac announced as he came back into view. Riadne jumped up quickly and Tomix pulled himself up into a seated position, wincing.

"Ahem I will be careful and we will see each other again."

Riadne blushed slightly, "That is very good to hear." She kissed him on the cheek, "See you soon, Tomix." She ran towards the Portal, where Altera was patiently waiting to go back to Falconreach.
Altera
Altera
Crazy Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: