[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Issues, Chapter 1: How did we get here?

+7
Rage
Bertran
Antriva
pk494
rydrew1
Saiyuki
Celestial Messenja
11 posters

Go down

The Issues, Chapter 1:  How did we get here? Empty The Issues, Chapter 1: How did we get here?

Post by Celestial Messenja Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:20 am

Creation? Big Bang? Your views.

Rules:
All forum rules apply --Stay on topic
No Flaming
No Spamming
Be respectful of other peoples' views
Use proper grammar and structure

Warning:
This topic is intended for mature members who know what they're talking about. If you want to make a claim, you MUST base it off of something*.

* Anything from reference books to online articles, to your great grandpappy believed this. Just keep it appropriate
Celestial Messenja
Celestial Messenja
I do stuff... Really!

Number of posts : 38
User Points : 5719

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=757009863&r

Back to top Go down

The Issues, Chapter 1:  How did we get here? Empty Re: The Issues, Chapter 1: How did we get here?

Post by Saiyuki Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:01 am

I guess I'll start this off and say that I believe in Creation via the Christian God. The reasons for me range from personal to, to me, common sense. I grew up in an anti-theist family (Not atheist, anti-theist, there's a difference) and religion never made much sense to me.

About three years ago, I was very sick and I spiraled into a depression. I'll be honest, most of the depression stemmed from coughing up blood for six months, but a part of it also stemmed from not wanting to be descended from some kind of Protoplasm that washed up onto some beach. Believing in a higher power and purpose helped keep me from committing suicide and keep me sane.

As for the "common sense" part, I just never really understood the Big Bang Theory. My understanding of it is this: There was nothing, no matter, no atoms, zilch, a vast never ending void of nothingness. Then, all of that exploded creating matter and life as we know it. I know it's simplistic (and I probably overlooked something) but that's about it. To me it just doesn't make sense.
Saiyuki

Number of posts : 19
User Points : 5677

Back to top Go down

The Issues, Chapter 1:  How did we get here? Empty Re: The Issues, Chapter 1: How did we get here?

Post by rydrew1 Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:52 am

Well i think that trillions of unstable atoms forming together and splitting casing a big bang that sent out matter,molocules and dark matter that billions of years later form an expanding universe.Im propably really wrong but my suggestions are welcome here so what the heck.And I think humans were made by atoms,dust and molecules forming together eventuly evolving into the human being.Scientists are chrashing things called neutrons at the speed of light to recreate the big bang and then if this works we will find out...I hope. ;) Look it up on wiki or howstuffworks.com because thats just my view and its probably not right!
rydrew1
Sailor
Sailor

Number of posts : 531
User Points : 16350

Back to top Go down

Post by pk494 Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:04 pm

I think that how we got here isn't the important part, although i don't exactly agree with the first response...or the second, for that matter. What IS important is that we stay here.
pk494
pk494
ARPer

Number of posts : 367
User Points : 5862

Back to top Go down

Post by Antriva Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:17 am

Before I begin I would just like to state my beliefs. I believe that world was created by God(Christian) , as well as everything on it. But there are good arguments for both sides.

Evolution:

Evolution has become the basis of all Biology since Charles Darwin's ideas became widely distributed and partially changed. Darwin's original idea was that only the fittest survive, not that we all originated from a pre-mortial soup. The idea that animals adapt to there surroundings was his main point, and if they couldn't well the died off. The many varieties of finches on the islands as well as the difference in plant life from his home in England to the Galapagos probably also contributed to his theory. But yet again it was that only those who can adapt survive, not men came from apes though it can be interpreted that way. The reason no exact missing link has been discovered is due to the fact that there was never a missing link, the Neanderthal's were probably just another creature. But they could not adapt and therefore died off.

Big Bang:

Well, well, well.... The Big Bang Theory :D its a wonder in itself. This theory states that the universe expands and contracts rhythmically over hundreds of billions of years. All matter is packed into the size of an individual atom and then explodes... it is quite interesting. Now you do notice I'm not saying this a bunch of junk, there may actually be some merit to it. You see we don't exactly know what happened when God said "Let there be light", he could have just sent off the big bang. Then again he could have just been creating both darkness and light, because without light there can be no darkness. Now all this leads up to a big question, when will the universe stop expanding? Personally, I am pretty sure it will not be anytime even close to my lifetime. The CERN Collider which rydrew1 mentioned is one of the ways physicist are trying to prove this theory. The are colliding electrons, since nuetrons have no charge and therefore cannot be guided in a circle at just .1111 below the speed of light, to try to find the Higgs Boson also known as the God particle. If their search is successful there will be more discussion to see if it actually represents a particle from the big bang. This process will take over 5 years and 100's of scientists to even start sorting through the data.

Philosophy:

Thanks to pk494 I have another point. I do agree with his point that remaining as a race is important. I don't understand if he was meaning staying on this planet so I will not go into any future statements.
Antriva
Antriva

Number of posts : 36
User Points : 5712

Back to top Go down

Post by rydrew1 Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:24 am

pk494 wrote:I think that how we got here isn't the important part, although i don't exactly agree with the first response...or the second, for that matter. What IS important is that we stay here.

Its important to some people! and we wont stay here forever! we will either get hit by a giant meteorite or the sun burns out! it could take trillions of years but humanity will eventually die out :'(
rydrew1
Sailor
Sailor

Number of posts : 531
User Points : 16350

Back to top Go down

Post by Antriva Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:56 am

The whole point is that we will most likely will expand to other planets, we will therefore be able to survive longer, though things such as asteroids and global warming seriously impact our chances. But again technology should be able to increase to counteract these occurrences. If we do not leave this planet or even this solar system though we will die off due to a stars life.
Antriva
Antriva

Number of posts : 36
User Points : 5712

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertran Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:58 pm

Antriva wrote:Before I begin I would just like to state my beliefs. I believe that world was created by God(Christian) , as well as everything on it. But there are good arguments for both sides.

Evolution:

Evolution has become the basis of all Biology since Charles Darwin's ideas became widely distributed and partially changed. Darwin's original idea was that only the fittest survive, not that we all originated from a pre-mortial soup. The idea that animals adapt to there surroundings was his main point, and if they couldn't well the died off. The many varieties of finches on the islands as well as the difference in plant life from his home in England to the Galapagos probably also contributed to his theory. But yet again it was that only those who can adapt survive, not men came from apes though it can be interpreted that way. The reason no exact missing link has been discovered is due to the fact that there was never a missing link, the Neanderthal's were probably just another creature. But they could not adapt and therefore died off.

Big Bang:

Well, well, well.... The Big Bang Theory :D its a wonder in itself. This theory states that the universe expands and contracts rhythmically over hundreds of billions of years. All matter is packed into the size of an individual atom and then explodes... it is quite interesting. Now you do notice I'm not saying this a bunch of junk, there may actually be some merit to it. You see we don't exactly know what happened when God said "Let there be light", he could have just sent off the big bang. Then again he could have just been creating both darkness and light, because without light there can be no darkness. Now all this leads up to a big question, when will the universe stop expanding? Personally, I am pretty sure it will not be anytime even close to my lifetime. The CERN Collider which rydrew1 mentioned is one of the ways physicist are trying to prove this theory. The are colliding electrons, since nuetrons have no charge and therefore cannot be guided in a circle at just .1111 below the speed of light, to try to find the Higgs Boson also known as the God particle. If their search is successful there will be more discussion to see if it actually represents a particle from the big bang. This process will take over 5 years and 100's of scientists to even start sorting through the data.

Philosophy:

Thanks to pk494 I have another point. I do agree with his point that remaining as a race is important. I don't understand if he was meaning staying on this planet so I will not go into any future statements.

your big bang thing is kinda like something Aristole said once. His theory of an unmoving Creator. Evidence of the big bang has been found time and time again, therefor I believe that God set off the big bang.
Bertran
Princess
Princess

Number of posts : 164
User Points : 9004

Back to top Go down

Post by Rage Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:19 am

I believe in the Omniverse, where god would be at the center of it all. It's far too long to explain, but it makes sense to me. After all, isn't accepting one's own beliefs and finding peace the whole point of religion?
Rage
Rage
I've covered wars, you know

Zard : Thoru's Zard
Number of posts : 2143
User Points : 220251

http://www.zimpfer.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthx Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:22 am

I'm a christian so i kinda have to go with post #1 mabey a few changes but over all it was GOD. what im basing it off of? grab a bible turn to the first page of the first book and read the first sentence.

GEN:1,1
in the beginning god created the heavens and the earth.
Earthx
Earthx

Number of posts : 384
User Points : 6410

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnie Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:35 am

I think that god was the creator, just like earth. However, other theroies apply:

Bible wrote:001:001 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

001:002 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was
upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon
the face of the waters.

001:003 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

001:004 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the
light from the darkness.

001:005 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called
Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

001:006 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the
waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

001:007 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were
under the firmament from the waters which were above the
firmament: and it was so.

001:008 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the
morning were the second day.

001:009 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered
together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it
was so.

001:010 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together
of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

001:011 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb
yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his
kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

001:012 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed
after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in
itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Ok, what if god created the big bang in order to make it?? Has anyone thought of this? I think that all those scientists are just trying to confuse us. How do they know that we evolved from gorillas? How do you know that gorillas evolve from humans? The thing is, "If there is no proof, then the only real proof is to eliminate all the other possibilitys" The world is full of things to understand and discover, but why draw conclusions so early? We have at 3.7 billion years to keep working. Why say all this for the time being? We should be shoure out facts are straight.
Winnie
Winnie
DaughterofSpades

Zard : The Issues, Chapter 1:  How did we get here? Cosmicl
Number of posts : 3889
User Points : 387738

http://www.twitter.com/butterfly60075

Back to top Go down

Post by Czar Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:29 am

001:001 In the beginning Artix created Battleon and Lore.

001:002 And Lore was without form, and void; and darkness was
upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of Artix moved upon
the face of the waters.

001:003 And Artix said, Let there be Holy light: and there was +7k Healing.

001:004 And Artix saw the light, that it was good: and Artix divided the
light from the darkness.

001:005 And Artix called the light Day, and the darkness he called
Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

001:006 And Artix said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the
waters, and let it divide the waster from the waters.

001:007 And Artix made the firmament, and divided the waters which were
under the firmament from the waters which were above the
firmament: and it was so.

001:008 And Artix called the firmament Battleon. And the evening and the
morning were the second day.

001:009 And Artix said, Let the waters under battleon be gathered
together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it
was so.

001:010 And Artix called the dry land Lore; and the gathering together
of the waters called the big puddle: and Artix saw that it was good.

001:011 And Artix said, Let Lore bring forth grass, the herb
yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his
kind, whose seed is in itself, upon Lore: and it was so.

001:012 And Lore brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed
after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in
itself, after his kind: and Artix saw that it was good.

^ I'm sure that's how it happened. And I agree that the big bang was when god said "Let there be light". It seems so obvious to me. I am a Muslim and I believe that god DID in fact do all of that. Also, I believe in God's evolution. God's evolution in my eyes is only 2 humans starting out and well, you know what happens next. Loads and loads of incest so I'm not going to get into it and there you have my theory.

Also if someone could explain the passage names and numbers and how that works please do so. I have been wondering that because I'm not christian and I don't go to church and stuff so I just want to know. Thanks :)
Czar
Czar

Number of posts : 16
User Points : 5585

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnie Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:58 am

I can.

Say you wanted to look up John 3:16. (One of the more famous ones)
You would go to John, (Open the bible halfway then halfway again to the right side, then you should be close.) Then you would see larger numbers, like 1-20 (lets just say) Then you would see smaller numbers in the text ('sept their really really hard to find) and so you would see this:

16: For god so loved the world that he gave his only son....
Winnie
Winnie
DaughterofSpades

Zard : The Issues, Chapter 1:  How did we get here? Cosmicl
Number of posts : 3889
User Points : 387738

http://www.twitter.com/butterfly60075

Back to top Go down

Post by Flaw of Insanity Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:09 am

Aye, I also believe in creation via christian god, but still it is a theory.

In science one day we got in a massive talk with a our science teacher on the theories of creation. Many people believed in creation via evolution, some believed in via god. while two believed that their lord created them in an effort to recreate the mona lisa while drunk, and the day before the end of the world, he will take them away in his pimped out space limo (true story, that is what two people in my class actually believe in). Everyone has their evidence to how we were created, but very few actually care. Also I have noticed people who give others crap for believing in something, because they believe in something else.
Which shows how many people have respect in others beliefs.
Flaw of Insanity
Flaw of Insanity
Ready for take off.

Zard : The Issues, Chapter 1:  How did we get here? 2ebtl7c
Number of posts : 2856
User Points : -2147228004

http://flaw-of-insanity.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down