[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Test of Gamer Psychology

+11
Erik
Cial
Xusha
Icey
Shadow
Crystal Lion
Darre
Altera
wwwtoy
Celstrial
Peregrine
15 posters

Go down

Test of Gamer Psychology Empty Test of Gamer Psychology

Post by Peregrine Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:36 am

I found a pretty interesting quiz that I thought you all might be interested in.

http://www.gamerdna.com/quizzes/bartle-test-of-gamer-psychology

Post results, I command it!

Explorer: 133%, Killer: 53%, Socializer: 27%, Achiever: 27%

Mine didn't come as much of a surprise to me seeing as I have this thing about uncovering all the fog of war on maps.

EDIT:
Quiz Launch Date: Aug 28, 1996
Now I look like a fool.
Blast it all.

Last edited by Peregrine on Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : FOOLISH TOMFOOLERY.)
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Zard : Peregrine's rock.
Number of posts : 2007
User Points : 750567

http://twitter.com/PerryPeregrine

Back to top Go down

Test of Gamer Psychology Empty Re: Test of Gamer Psychology

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:24 am

Killer: 67%
Explorer: 53%
Socializer: 53%
Achiever: 40%

Bah, achievements are for show offs. You don't need to show off if you kill everyone. Test of Gamer Psychology 415875
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Celstrial Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:37 am

Killer: 73%
Explorer: 60%
Socializer: 47%
Achiever: 47%

Rawr o-o
Celstrial
Celstrial
Active Poster
Active Poster

Number of posts : 1056
User Points : 19863

Back to top Go down

Post by wwwtoy Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:50 am

Expolorer:87%
Socializer:53%
Killer:53%
Achevier:27% ._.
wwwtoy
wwwtoy
Bloodedge
Bloodedge

Zard : Test of Gamer Psychology Lumuszard
Number of posts : 1035
User Points : 28579

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:37 pm

our gamerDNA is:
KILLER

The Killer motto:
"No enemy left standing!"
Description:
It's the thrill of the kill. Trophies are okay, but that momentary rush attained from besting an opponent is what it's all about.

People with high Killer scores prefer the player-versus-player aspect of any game more than anything offered by the environment. They relish the adrenaline and challenge of pitting themselves against real people. Not all Killers are gankers as some critics claim. While getting the jump on the unprepared for a quick kill is important fun for some Killers, many prefer group PvP and revel in a well executed team maneuver that blows away the opposing side.
Secondary influences
Killer Achievers pit themselves against PvE challenges as well--though often it's a means to an end. A KA often enjoys PvP that focuses on their skill as an individual contributor (duels, and so forth) as well as their personal position on competitive ladders and such.
Killer Socializers often seek out PvP in a game, but they are looking to socialize with and form alliances and teams with other players who are interested in doing the same. KS tend to seek out guilds or clans that organize formal PvP events, or work on group strategies and tactics.
Killer Explorers like to feel immersed in a virtual worlds and see themselves as a great villain or crusader within that world. They seek out challenges against other players, but they are going to find all the areas of that world. Trust an KE to know all the best ambush spots and sniper perches.

haha
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Altera Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:06 pm

Killer:60%
Achiever:53%
Socializer:47%
Explorer:40%

hurm
Altera
Altera
Crazy Awesome

Number of posts : 5783
User Points : 90261

http://argentis.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darre Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:17 pm

Test of Gamer Psychology E32a8bdc

hmm... I thought explorer would be first.
Darre
Darre
pɐɹɹǝ ʇɐןʞs ndsıpǝ poʍu

Number of posts : 1991
User Points : 53892

http://www.darretobe.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Lion Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:34 pm

Test of Gamer Psychology 21527129

The Socializer motto: "No friend undiscovered!" Description:

It's not what you do, but who you know, how you are known and who loves you. People with high Socializer scores enjoy interacting with other people, forming bonds and finding cooperative solutions to the challenges within the virtual world.
Secondary influences

* Socializer Killers loyally love and fiercely hate. Groups an SK bonds with in game are often deemed heroic, while the opposition is reviled. SKs appreciate teamwork and cooperation in PvP. They may become vicious predators while enjoying the thrill of hunt within in a pack, but they are not likely to seek out targets by themselves. They enjoy forming groups and alliances that will pit themselves against other players--and they gain the most satisfaction when they defeat organized groups of other players.
* Socializer Explorers love the the 'total experience' of a virtual world--meeting new people and finding the unique places. They don't care much for PVP or leveling, but meeting up with online friends to see new parts of the world is considered fun and exciting. SEs make great group members, because they often know everything there is to know about a game and are enjoy sharing that knowledge freely.
* Socializer Achievers value reputation. They want to be known and appreciated for what they accomplish bother for themselves and their group. If city or base building are available in a game, they enjoy creating these and inviting other people to come and see. SAs enjoy the increased social status that comes with defeating a powerful foe or finding a unique treasure more than the act of gaining or possessing the achievement itself. SAs endeavor to be associated with leaders and teams that are renown for great deeds, often finding as much satisfaction in the success of the group as with oneself.
Crystal Lion
Crystal Lion
Director of Lapis-Lazuli
Director of Lapis-Lazuli

Number of posts : 1241
User Points : 67978

http://lasvegaslion.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:54 am

Test of Gamer Psychology 21555220
Shadow
this is a title

Number of posts : 3430
User Points : 572095

Back to top Go down

Post by Icey Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:15 am

Test of Gamer Psychology 21561282
Icey
Icey
Ron Swanson

Zard : Test of Gamer Psychology M9vzwh
Number of posts : 2553
User Points : 128044

http://icewolf-king.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Xusha Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:25 am

Test of Gamer Psychology 21561768
Xusha
Xusha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Zard : Test of Gamer Psychology 3359xqb
Number of posts : 1130
User Points : 427928

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:42 am

Test of Gamer Psychology MrSebi

Hooray!:
Description:

It's not so much the wandering around and poking about, but that euphoric eureka moment the Explorer strives for. The joys of discovery do not necessarily involve geography, real or virtual. They may derive from the mental road less traveled, the uncovering of esoteric or hidden knowledge and it's creative application. Explorers make great theory crafters. The most infinitesimal bit of newness can deliver the most delicious zing to an Explorer.

Secondary influences

Explorer Killers enjoy seeing the world, meeting interesting people...and killing them. EKs love all discovery, but finding an edge over the competition is best. Always seeking new opportunity, an EK likely knows the ten best places to find certain types of opponents, as well as ten different ways for taking them down.
Explorer Achievers have been there, done that and have the t-shirt...in fact they have a plethora of t-shirts, badges, trophies and other rewards. EAs are the completionists of the gamer world. They like to find new places, quests, easter eggs, unlocks, maps etc. and check them off as have, visited or beaten. Like real world travelers, EAs enjoy collecting memorabilia that helps them relive their experiences later.
Explorer Socializers are the glue of the online world. Not only do they like to delve in to find all the cool stuff, but they also enjoy sharing that knowledge with others. Explorer socializers power the wikis, maps, forums and theory craft sites of the gamer world.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:16 am

Your gamerDNA is:
Achiever

60% Acheiver 60% Socializer 53% Killer 27% Explorer

The Achiever motto: "No goal unfinished!" Description:

Best, first and most are the favorite adjectives of the Achiever. They love comparison not only against others, but also with themselves. They enjoy setting goals, surpassing previous performances and hitting new milestones. They tend to have lots of high scores, badges, trophies and other concrete evidence of their successful endeavors--and they love it if someone notices these. However many enjoy the quiet satisfaction of knowing they simply did better than most.
Secondary influences

* Achiever Killers like to be the best-of-the-best at everything the game has to offer including PvP. They often mock Killer tactics such as surprise and stealth as "ganking" because they prefer a more controlled arena where fighting skills can be compared in a straight forward manner. Achievers often look to 1v1 duels for proof of their superior play and are frustrated by "rock paper scissor" game mechanics because of this. Their prowess in PVP is generally supported by a large degree of understanding and possession of the best equipment and skills.
* Achiever Explorers are interested in the PvE aspect of a game more than anything else. The AE thrives as a solo adventurer, counting coup with each new destination and discovery, poking into every corner of a map and toying with each nuance of a game mechanic. AEs prefer not to be hampered by a group and usually find PvP to be more an annoyance than a feature.
* Achiever Socializers appreciate groups, clans or guilds for than just pure social fun. An AS relishes the camaraderie of cooperation within a top flight team, savoring the renown gained from successfully pitting themselves against the grand-challenges of a virtual world and attaining goals that cannot be reached as an individual.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Zard : Test of Gamer Psychology 2djta8i
Number of posts : 3457
User Points : 142343

Back to top Go down

Post by wwwtoy Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:54 pm

I retested
Now
73:% explorer
60% achevier
53%socializer
20%Killer
Description:
It's not so much the wandering around and poking about, but that euphoric eureka moment the Explorer strives for. The joys of discovery do not necessarily involve geography, real or virtual. They may derive from the mental road less traveled, the uncovering of esoteric or hidden knowledge and it's creative application. Explorers make great theory crafters. The most infinitesimal bit of newness can deliver the most delicious zing to an Explorer.
Secondary influences
Explorer Killers enjoy seeing the world, meeting interesting people...and killing them. EKs love all discovery, but finding an edge over the competition is best. Always seeking new opportunity, an EK likely knows the ten best places to find certain types of opponents, as well as ten different ways for taking them down.
Explorer Achievers have been there, done that and have the t-shirt...in fact they have a plethora of t-shirts, badges, trophies and other rewards. EAs are the completionists of the gamer world. They like to find new places, quests, easter eggs, unlocks, maps etc. and check them off as have, visited or beaten. Like real world travelers, EAs enjoy collecting memorabilia that helps them relive their experiences later.
Explorer Socializers are the glue of the online world. Not only do they like to delve in to find all the cool stuff, but they also enjoy sharing that knowledge with others. Explorer socializers power the wikis, maps, forums and theory craft sites of the gamer world.
wwwtoy
wwwtoy
Bloodedge
Bloodedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:30 pm

Why did you re test wwwtoy?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by wwwtoy Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:33 am

Because I didnt like my results. <_<
wwwtoy
wwwtoy
Bloodedge
Bloodedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:15 am

ah okay
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:35 pm

You can't redo your personality.

I'm calling you out, bunny man.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Zard : Peregrine's rock.
Number of posts : 2007
User Points : 750567

http://twitter.com/PerryPeregrine

Back to top Go down

Post by wwwtoy Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:44 am

....You never told me that?! D:< You unfair. >:(
wwwtoy
wwwtoy
Bloodedge
Bloodedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:28 am

Links not working for me, 500 internal server error :O

Posting results as soon as I finish.

Posted below!

Last edited by erikm10 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045569

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretSchenkel Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:34 am

Explorer 67%
Killer 67%
Achiever 40%
Socializer 27%

Description:
Secondary influences
SecretSchenkel
HelloZardy

Number of posts : 268
User Points : 35243

http://www.twitter.com/Robot_Tweets

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:04 am

Explorer 73%
Socializer 60%
Killer 40%
Achiever 27%

Description:

My results are exactly what I expected, high explorer.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045569

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryzaa Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:16 pm

Test of Gamer Psychology Ryzaa
Ryzaa
Ryzaa