[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Call to shenanigans: Private server MMO's!

+5
Peregrine
DigDog
Tim Hortans
Cial
Leb
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Call to shenanigans: Private server MMO's! - Page 3 Empty Re: Call to shenanigans: Private server MMO's!

Post by Leb Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:56 pm

As far as I heard, they have limited the game to 28 FPS or something to accommodate 56k modem users. Because apparently those people still exist!

It's downloading all the files that takes time. Pretty sure once you're playing, your connection speed won't be an issue. And don't worry, my top DL speed is about 105 kbs.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Zard : Call to shenanigans: Private server MMO's! - Page 3 Defaultpet
Number of posts : 420
User Points : 27026

Back to top Go down

Call to shenanigans: Private server MMO's! - Page 3 Empty Re: Call to shenanigans: Private server MMO's!

Post by Erik Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:33 am

Call to shenanigans: Private server MMO's! - Page 3 2047402087

Dig has got some speed man.

And then the retest:
Call to shenanigans: Private server MMO's! - Page 3 2047405104
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Zard : Call to shenanigans: Private server MMO's! - Page 3 M9vzwh
Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045518

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:51 am

That speed is the reason why I offer to play the server for all kinds of stuff.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Number of posts : 3197
User Points : 144101

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:23 pm

Call to shenanigans: Private server MMO's! - Page 3 2047957434

There we go. They made it a thing, even made it a law and all that erryone in Finland must have access to at least 1 MB DSL connection. Right now though, where I am that 1 MB connection is the best they can offer. I'd have to move to the city to get a better connection.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Gaskarth Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:21 pm

Where I am there are thousands of adverts offering 5mb+ speed. For everwhere except my area. 5 miles away from a massive BT hub. :C but yeah it's just the downloading I worry about because my mum decided that if the internet is on we can't sleep in this house :|
Tom Gaskarth
Tom Gaskarth
Tumbleweed
Tumbleweed

Zard : Call to shenanigans: Private server MMO's! - Page 3 2pt1bvm
Number of posts : 1991
User Points : 86265

http://twitter.com/IFlyDragons

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:46 pm

You have one of those stupid DSL deals that don't have a fixed rate, don't you?

Also, I got as far as updating the viewer and trying to connect before I ran into errors that on the forum seem to indicate require a reinstall of ERRYTHING.

So I do that, and then start installing FFXI after I got the W7 compatible PlayOnline version and the install starts telling me to install PlayOnline first.

After that point I just said "oh screw it" and I guess I'll download the same torrent Dig did! He didn't say anything about these sort of problems, he must have a better torrent link than mine was! ADVENTUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also Dig, you jerk, drag your ass over to MSN so I can bitch to you about my install woes! You jerk!
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:04 pm

Wow. Either your nets are awful or this game looks like it's more trouble than it's worth.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Zard : Call to shenanigans: Private server MMO's! - Page 3 2djta8i
Number of posts : 3457
User Points : 142292

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:16 am

It's not like I have anything better to do, really.
Although if the torrent Dig posted STILL fails to work for me, then I'll just give up and go back to playing Dorf Fort for the rest of my time.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:27 am

Or play SWG, which has a reliable torrent, easy instructions and patches itself.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Zard : Call to shenanigans: Private server MMO's! - Page 3 2djta8i
Number of posts : 3457
User Points : 142292

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:12 am

I'd rather play games that interest me.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:25 am

After that point I just said "oh screw it" and I guess I'll download the same torrent Dig did! He didn't say anything about these sort of problems, he must have a better torrent link than mine was! ADVENTUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also Dig, you jerk, drag your ass over to MSN so I can bitch to you about my install woes! You jerk!
Yep, I had none of these problems. I didn't even have to connect three times when I first created a character even though they said I had to in that guide. I'm just that good.

And I'm sorry for not being there to hear your bitching because I had no internet all day. I'd take your bitching over having no internet any time.

Which reminds me that I haven't seen you on MSN lately anyway.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:30 pm

I bet you never approved my new account's invite.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:25 am

I never got an invite. I added your new address now though, I got it from Pere. I guess you still have to approve something before I can see you though.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:46 pm

So as I finally finished DL'ing Dig's torrent after all the horrible Internet problems we had this past week(and more), how many people are still actually interested in this?
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:19 am

I still have it installed and all but I'm not too interested in the game anymore. It didn't actually leave a big impression on me. Maybe it's because I was playing alone. Or maybe because it's "walk over to monster, click attack, wait''.

I vote we play Hazordhu instead and take over their server.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum