[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

for those of you who play aqw still and use aeforum (a post with a lil more meaning this time)

+3
Tim Hortans
Peregrine
Arch Fiend
7 posters

Go down

for those of you who play aqw still and use aeforum (a post with a lil more meaning this time) Empty for those of you who play aqw still and use aeforum (a post with a lil more meaning this time)

Post by Arch Fiend Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:35 am

i wrote this lil didy on AEF general chat, and im not sure if anyone here saw it but i thought it might be an importent issue yould like to discuss, if you read my first post there you can gain a general idea what its all about, but if youd like to read ferther be my guest :). i waited till the imediate reaction of the AEF comunity died down befor posting here so what do ya think?

the link
Arch Fiend
Arch Fiend
The Epic Knight
The Epic Knight

Number of posts : 334
User Points : 83821

Back to top Go down

for those of you who play aqw still and use aeforum (a post with a lil more meaning this time) Empty Re: for those of you who play aqw still and use aeforum (a post with a lil more meaning this time)

Post by Peregrine Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:17 am

Looks like you've made yourself the hero that this game deserves.

I agree with everything you said. Constant item releases is why I stopped playing, especially when the item releases became recolours of previous item releases, and double especially when most of the people I actually liked hanging around with from the community only came on once a week to grab their new item releases. It's just not worth a monthly fee to me.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Zard : Peregrine's rock.
Number of posts : 2007
User Points : 750562

http://twitter.com/PerryPeregrine

Back to top Go down

for those of you who play aqw still and use aeforum (a post with a lil more meaning this time) Empty Re: for those of you who play aqw still and use aeforum (a post with a lil more meaning this time)

Post by Tim Hortans Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:21 am

tl;dr but judging from what i skimmed it sounded like you're saying AQW should have more content. Which I totally agree with.
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Zard : for those of you who play aqw still and use aeforum (a post with a lil more meaning this time) Whitecc
Number of posts : 3156
User Points : 228798

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:38 am

>tl;dr

It's a paragraph and a half.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:07 am

Yeah but screw you
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Zard : for those of you who play aqw still and use aeforum (a post with a lil more meaning this time) Whitecc

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Fiend Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:32 am

tr;dr = AQW no good. need more features. so many rares no good. look like sell outs. me try help. battle on!
Arch Fiend
Arch Fiend
The Epic Knight
The Epic Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by V Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:06 am

I think Arch should write a book and send it to the lab.
V
V
agina

Zard : for those of you who play aqw still and use aeforum (a post with a lil more meaning this time) 2pt1bvm
Number of posts : 3752
User Points : 10237740

http://www.trforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Fiend Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:33 am

i cant spell and grammer well enough to write a book (see i just used a noun as a verb, that proves my statment and the fact i misspelled statement)
Arch Fiend
Arch Fiend
The Epic Knight
The Epic Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by V Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:35 am

I nominate Peregrine as your editor.
V
V
agina

Zard : for those of you who play aqw still and use aeforum (a post with a lil more meaning this time) 2pt1bvm
Number of posts : 3752
User Points : 10237740

http://www.trforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Fiend Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:42 am

i think ill leave book writing up to our word gallery :P im a visual artist
Arch Fiend
Arch Fiend
The Epic Knight
The Epic Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:01 am

This is actually not only an AQW problem, it applies to every single AE game. I've never played AQW that much after it left beta but I've stopped playing AQ for the exact same reason. Every release consists of a new generic war, some new items at the end of it (which are useless 90% of the time for high level players) and an excuse for a storyline that switches between being shallow and overly complicated.

They're giving the players the same generic crap in a new wrapper every single release instead of some actual releases that would change the gameplay or add new features to the game instead of a quest that does nothing more than pouring monsters from the random monster pool at you for 30 minutes.

It's a vicious circle. Tell the players you can't do a real release because you're working on something bigger and more innovative and they'll leave because they want their updates they've grown used to. Give them the update they've started to expect every week and you've got no time to work on something bigger and more innovative.

Sooner or later this business model AE is sporting will stop working since there are more and more endgame players who are bored and less new players who don't know yet what awaits them.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Number of posts : 3197
User Points : 144147

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Fiend Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:05 am

yup, dats what i say :)
Arch Fiend
Arch Fiend
The Epic Knight
The Epic Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rage Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:19 pm

Heh, pretty much. Although I've realized this a long time ago and stopped playing AE games altogether, you've articulated it far better than I could have. I support Game Developers when the games are innovative and growing. What has been going on lately (and by lately, I mean years) is far too stale.
Rage
Rage
I've covered wars, you know

Zard : Thoru's Zard
Number of posts : 2143
User Points : 220246

http://www.zimpfer.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:30 pm

V wrote:I nominate Peregrine as your editor.

Sorry, I'm ineligible as a candidate.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsebi Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:37 pm

I think pretty much all games do this, not just AQW.
Mrsebi
Mrsebi
In Your Head

Zard : for those of you who play aqw still and use aeforum (a post with a lil more meaning this time) Pinkxs
Number of posts : 2166
User Points : 74969

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:14 pm

I've played plenty of games that have good releases instead of the same 5 quests where you kill a couple enemies, and then unlock a shop with aesthetic items that AQW does.
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down