[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion

+9
Xusha
Tom Gaskarth
V
Cial
DigDog
Erik
Darre
Tim Hortans
Snukems
13 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion

Post by Snukems Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:06 pm

What money back?

Also, Stiveland was never "basically finished". Ekunia Eagle was.
Snukems
Snukems
All your clans are belong to us.

Number of posts : 691
User Points : 19172

Back to top Go down

Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion

Post by DigDog Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:57 am

You said some time ago:

Snukems wrote:We just need a musician now and then we'll be set to have a FULL GAME.

I am so very confused. So Stiveland is not even in development yet, since you need to finish the development platform first. Which is set to be released in 2015.

Why were you asking who would be interested in playing Stiveland in that other thread again? That's the main thing that made me think Stiveland is basically finished and you're looking for betatesters.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Number of posts : 3197
User Points : 144131

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:35 am

Oh.

I actually meant that we'll have all of the development staff.

I understand you now. Sorry.

But yeah, Stiveland's main reason for being delayed to 2015 is that we won't have the GPGPU capabilities to launch it with external hosting.
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Onion Supreme Fri May 11, 2012 6:51 pm

Nuke, I don't think you are really doing any of this at all.
Onion Supreme
Onion Supreme

Zard : Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 3 Defaultpet
Number of posts : 116
User Points : 12320

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Fri May 11, 2012 7:21 pm

He sounds like one of those people who get hired to some coding project due to their self-proclaimed skill in many areas related to the project, but then end up having to explain just why the project keeps missing deadlines time after time, yet the explanations are so good/the higher-ups are so out of touch with the work the guy is supposedly doing that they believe every word he says.

Then when the final deadline gets closer, the guy quits a week before and they find out he hasn't made even half of what he said, and what he did is so bad they have to redo everything.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Zard : Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 3 Defaultpet
Number of posts : 420
User Points : 27056

Back to top Go down

Post by Onion Supreme Fri May 11, 2012 10:37 pm

That... happens?
Onion Supreme
Onion Supreme

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Sat May 12, 2012 1:22 am

Oh my little naive Monu.

I mean Onion Supreme.

Little naive Onion Supreme.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Onion Supreme Fri May 18, 2012 11:26 pm

YOU CAN'T MAKE ME SELL MY BEANS.
Onion Supreme
Onion Supreme

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:18 pm

Alright, so I should post some recent developments now.

I've expanded the team so that I don't have to deal with networking anymore.

I'm considering a rewrite of my part, which is codenamed GPCORE and is what has been taking so much time. You already know about it: It's a compiler with graphics, audio, and GPGPU all in one language. However, I've decided to split the audio into a library for sanity's sake. There are also some other technologies under my wing, such as ULTICORE, which allows developers to utilize system resources for maximum speed with efficient parallelism. Eagle Audio will be open source. Also a chance for Ulticore to be open source, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

And at Leb, a guy actually did that to me. I assigned him something and he said that he would be busy most of the time so I made him have a really far off deadline, then when I fired him for giving me simple, rushed HTML instead of what I actually asked for, he raged and got all of my artists to quit. That's part of why Ekunia Eagle is taking so long: He keeps getting every new artist to quit, so I have to go find new ones regularly.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, Stiveland is back on the "next-thing-to-do" spot. So Nukia won't be replacing it.
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:45 pm

Would you like fries with that?
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Zard : Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 3 M9vzwh
Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045548

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:37 am

wat
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:19 am

Those are some nice buzzwords you picked up there.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:56 am

DigDog wrote:Those are some nice buzzwords you picked up there.

OH MY GOD ASK PERE I SAID THE SAME THING ON MSN.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Zard : Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 3 2djta8i
Number of posts : 3457
User Points : 142322

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:43 am

Googling "Ekunia Eagle" brings up this thread in Google. Followed by the official website.

That's right folks, we are the target audience.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Zard : Peregrine's rock.
Number of posts : 2007
User Points : 750546

http://twitter.com/PerryPeregrine

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:26 am

This product isn't doing well if the target audience is 100% jerks.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:10 am

1. You idiots don't even know what buzzword means.
2. Gamers are the target audience.
3. This is just the place on which Ekunia Eagle has been posted which has the highest PageRank. This is because I haven't advertised it elsewhere.
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:19 am

Guys I don't think this is going anywhere.

I mean like, Ekunia Eagle was a no-show at E3 this year guys.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:34 am

So you have only advertised it in one forum so far, where you said that the people following the project are idiots? You handle PR almost as bad as Bioware these days.

This will come back to bite you in the ass by Google history, mark my words. And then the Koreans will buy your project and make it a grinding MMO platform.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:40 am

>Almost as bad as Bioware

No that's too soft.

Guys I think Nuke is Paul Christoforo in disguise.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:09 am

Is that the Ocean Marketing guy? Looooooooooool
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Zard : Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 3 M9vzwh
Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045548

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:12 am

I call them like they are. And by "You idiots" I meant the idiots who are using words that they don't know the meaning of.

"A buzzword (also fashion word) is a term of art, salesmanship, politics, or technical jargon that is used in the media and wider society outside of its originally narrow technical context, often in an inaccurate manner, or for purposes other than the conveying of information." Wikipedia

However, branding things with terms is NOT creating a buzzword. It's something like "the Cloud", a computing term that is completely, 100% buzzword. It actually means to make a network of computers on which anyone can edit the data of the others. People use the term cloud computing to refer to what ought to be called cluster computing.

Congratulations, you now know what buzzword actually means!

(As well, I wouldn't say that those people are "following the project" -- In fact, I'd say that they're just failing to troll me.)
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:17 am

Well you're right that they aren't following the project, but as for failing to troll you, I'd say you're a bit mad.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Zard : Peregrine's rock.
Number of posts : 2007
User Points : 750546

http://twitter.com/PerryPeregrine

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:18 am

Ekunia Eagle- I mean Peregrine's Rock: The Discussion - Page 3 2nhzrls
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:20 am

>Nuke says he isn't using buzzwords
>Is actually using buzzwords

>"Failing to troll"
>Is actually very mad

My sides. They are hurt.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:25 am

Peregrine wrote:Well you're right that they aren't following the project, but as for failing to troll you, I'd say you're a bit mad.
And you may very well be correct on me misconceiving trolling.

>Implying that explaining what a buzzword is qualifies as hypocrisy.
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next