[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Upcoming anime/YOU REALLY SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW.

+5
Walt
V
Tim Hortans
Erik
Leb
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Upcoming anime/YOU REALLY SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW. - Page 2 Empty Re: Upcoming anime/YOU REALLY SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW.

Post by Leb Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:35 am

I tried, man, I REALLY tried. I just couldn't take it past 10 minutes though.

A-Channel, eh. I think I read the manga on that a bit, it was okay, but sort of boring too. If it was a 4koma series, I mean, can't remember clearly.

While we're on the topic of anime again, I got a few things thanks to checking my backlog and finding a few series on my comp that I never finished.

Ghost Hound is a pretty good series. I couldn't give it any justice describing it though, so uhhh... It's a mystery series of sorts? Main character is a kid who got kidnapped along his sister in the past, sister died before they were found and he got sort of messed up and tries to sort it all out during the series. Check it out, the anime does a lot better job telling what it's like than I ever could.

Durarara(or did it have more ra's?) is from the same people who made Baccano, which is ANOTHER series I recommend to check out. Durararararararararara is an action-series that throws in a bit of fantasy into the mix, what with a Headless Horseman who drives with a motorcycle and... There's a lot more stuff besides that one character though, so check it out.

Baccano tells two stories as it goes, first is about a bunch of alchemists who way back in history found out the recipe to make an elixir of eternal life and second is about a train robbery that goes horribly bad when the bad guys wake up the Rail Tracer, who goes on to pick 'em off one at a time, while a few other plotlines run through the whole event what with there being a few different groups on board the train with their own agendas that they're trying to get through with.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Zard : Upcoming anime/YOU REALLY SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW. - Page 2 Defaultpet
Number of posts : 420
User Points : 27065

Back to top Go down

Upcoming anime/YOU REALLY SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW. - Page 2 Empty Re: Upcoming anime/YOU REALLY SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW.

Post by Tim Hortans Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:38 am

It DOES get better but whatever. new season starting in like 2 days as well.

i have durarara downloaded but havvent watched yet
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Zard : Upcoming anime/YOU REALLY SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW. - Page 2 Whitecc
Number of posts : 3156
User Points : 228791

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:52 am

I guess I just couldn't handle all the moe and the idol thing. I never got what the appeal with the latter is anyway so yeah. Nothing made sense, in the bad way.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:21 am

2 bad 4 u cuz ep 2 is all about cute girls killing giant robots
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:56 am

But if the idol thing, singing and dancing and all that jazz is supposed to be the main thing the group does, a few battle scenes won't really help me out to get/enjoy the series.

But obviously this is a discussion better suited for MSN or whatever, so we should take it to there instead. Assuming I bother to.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:39 am

No, keep discussing it here, it's kinda entertaining and interesting. And there isn't much else happening on this forum these days either.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Number of posts : 3197
User Points : 144140

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:50 am

digdog has givemn me the green light

the idol/singing bits arent really a focus on the anime. its really balanced between the singing/fighting/suffering/character interactions. the beginning is slow and the plot hasnt picked up yet so i can understand why it would bore you. if you do decide to give it another try give it at least 3 or 4 eps, and remember it changes a lot as it goes on.
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:59 pm

Somehow I think it should be a criminal offense for an anime series to suck you in 3-4 episodes into the series, because that's what the first god damn episode is supposed to do!

But I guess this means I will have to give it another go. You jerk.

So now you will have to read some more Goodnight Pun Pun to make it even.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:09 am

Goodnight Pun Pun sounds like SS13 a fanfic.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Number of posts : 3197
User Points : 144140

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:17 am

It actually pans out like one too.
Right down to the parts with murder.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:36 am

Ill do that deal. Also most people who watch anime usually think its standard to watch 3 episodes before dropping it. Sometimes it takes a little while for the plot to pick up or for something to interest you.
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:41 am

DigDog wrote:Goodnight Pun Pun sounds like SS13 a fanfic.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Zard : Upcoming anime/YOU REALLY SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW. - Page 2 2djta8i
Number of posts : 3457
User Points : 142331

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:41 pm

So AKB0048 NS came out. I havent watched yet but I did marathon half of the first season last night and have NO IDEA what youre talking about leb. Maybe its because i know the direction its heading in but i was overcome with feels. Will hopefully get to NS by tomorrow.
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:53 pm

I think it's because you're able to watch K-On.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:18 pm

If you think of anime less as a competition to see what can be the most edgy and dark, and more like a hobby you watch for fun, it makes it much more enjoyable :)
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:25 pm

Who ever said I think of it like that? If I wanted edgy and dark, I would have recommended Elfen Lied on the first post and said it was the BEST ANIME EVER and it was SO THOUGHT PROVOKING and I COULD REALLY RELATE WITH THE FEMALE MAIN CHARACTER, and so on.

Luckily for you, /a/ managed to give a few good reasons to keep watching the series up to 3 episodes, so I definitely will do at least that.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:34 pm

Upcoming anime/YOU REALLY SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW. - Page 2 2c286271eb72e4d3a268d73bce8e1fa0

dont think you can slip by my all seeing eyes leb
i see what youre doing
isnt it weird how they said the same thing as me yet you believe them and not me?
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:39 pm

I prefer to think they are more right, because they possess proper writing abilities, using foreign things like big letters and ' where appropriate.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:42 pm

im just as smart as them im just too lazy to type correctly
its putting in extra effort for no reason.
Upcoming anime/YOU REALLY SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW. - Page 2 A7ca74a749a0feb44e0a8111dd4e0770
>8~I
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:49 pm

Considering how it takes about as much time for me to write in a proper fashion, than as to writing without care whether or not every sentence starts with a big letter and all the other things, I never can understand why people can say and mean that and think they are somehow bringing up a point that has any merit, instead of telling "I am so loving lazy I write like poo poo, YOU JUST DON'T GET IT".

And yes, I do evaluate people based on how they write on the Internet. You know your anime to some level, mang, but until you start writing as smart as you say you are, I will never take you as seriously as I take the average /a/non.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:01 am

Wow, me taking the extra 2 seconds per paragraph to hold the shift key and perhaps press the apostrophe button every now and then clearly shows just how smart I can be! Now my opinion is worth more because I can use grade 9 grammar.

For your info, I believe that I'm quite a good writer; I just don't care enough to actually bother writing nicely when all I'm doing is discussing my favorite Chinese cartoons with random people on the internet.
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:19 am

Just like in real life, impressions you give to people online are unfortunately important as well when it comes to what others think of you. Or maybe I'm just anal like that. And we're again straying off-topic here. I blame you.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:24 am

im not the one rejecting opinions based on petty things like grammar
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:08 am

Hey, I already said before that /a/ thread that I'd check out the series again. I just said that I hold their opinions in greater value because of their proper grammar.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:00 am

w.e u know my name not my story -_-
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next