[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Shattering Reality - A Tale of Akai's Shadowed Past

Go down

Shattering Reality - A Tale of Akai's Shadowed Past Empty Shattering Reality - A Tale of Akai's Shadowed Past

Post by Akai - Void Knight Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:46 am

Prologue - Of Darkness and Despair

I knew nothing.
Not what I was, where I was, or who I was.
Who am I? a thought seemed to whisper within my mind, quickly being stifled at the lack of response from the empty husk that composed my being. Opening my eyes in a desperate attempt to gain any measure of understanding at my situation, I immediately registered the grey haze which composed the majority of my vision.
"What?" I spoke aloud, my voice sighing in a flat whisper(As it had always done?), and I struggled to lift myself from the stoney but smooth ground on which I lay, my head spinning as I did so. Eventually making it to my feet, gasping and panting from the energy this seemingly simple exertion required, I looked around the fog, attempting to glean anything beyond it's expanse.
I stopped cold in my observation, as my attention was now entirely focused on a pair of leviathan gates which stood before me, their plates and hinges gleaming a golden light that seemed both comforting and terrifying. A single fragment of thought escaped the darkness of my mind, which I desperately clutched at to gain some understanding of my situation, but all it offered me was a question to which I didn't know the answer.
Is this Heaven?
Staggering towards it, my chest heaving as I vainly sought to breathe, I reached up and placed my hand on one of the doors, reveling in the presence of it's glow. However, upon touching it, my hand began to wither and burn at an alarming rate, and I quickly stepped back to examine the archaic writing which was now appearing on the gate's unmarred surface.
Ye of grievous sin, thou shalt face thine tribulation for committing that which is unforgiveable.
The light from the inscription burned my sight, and I quickly averted my eyes to the darkness behind me, which I now welcomed as a relief to this painful illumination. In the dark haze, I saw another gate, this one far less glorious and forged from black steel, it's expanse illuminated by a terrible red glow that seemed to consume it.
Looking back on the golden doors once more, even though it pained me to do so, I turned and shuffled my way across the foggy plateau once more, straight into the maws of Hell.

Act 1 - Descent into Terror

As I stumbled toward the gates of the underworld, the fiendish aura growing ever more ominous as I grew near, a slight metallic ringing around my neck made me look down in surprise. All thought disappeared instantly as I first registered the enormous gash in my chest, a jagged slash that extended from my neck to my hip, which severed the majority of my vitals and left me a colorless specter from the lack of blood.
My sense of awareness completely vanished as I relived a brief memory, or a nightmare as I should fittingly label it, of a rune-decorated sword piercing my body and gutting my insides like an animal in a slaughterhouse.
So that's it, I thought tiredly, that's why I'm here... While that single thought gave some solace and direction to my situation, it also left me with a sense of instability.
In that fragmented memory, my own hands held the weapon which had left me in this land of the damned.

~

I will regrettably be unable to continue this story, apologies to those who wished to read more into it.
Akai - Void Knight
Akai - Void Knight

Number of posts : 5
User Points : 5414

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum