[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[TR - The Game] 2.0 Information & Jobs Stuff

+10
Gurpus
Tim Hortans
V
Shadow
Darre
Xusha
Tom Gaskarth
Snukems
Arch Fiend
Caeel
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[TR - The Game] 2.0 Information & Jobs Stuff Empty [TR - The Game] 2.0 Information & Jobs Stuff

Post by Caeel Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:14 am

Ok, so we've countless times tried to get this, quite frankly, ****able game off the ground. Whether it's because our two lead developers randomly leave, I leave, we lose interest, or just never get anyway. Last few times I've lead projects I've had the distinct problem of letting everyone who wanted to work on the project work on it. And let's face it, that just doesn't work. So this time, we're all going to take it seriously. Not everyone will be able to work on it, not everyone will get their ideas and thoughts into the game, and everyone can be expecting the alpha version out sometime in the next few months.

Let's talk jobs. Right now I'm pretty much the only one on the team, and I'm doing art and story/writing. Obviously I can't do flash and others would like to work on the game as well. If you want to practice on the art side, take a look around this section and see how Nelioka did things. Right now I'm leaning toward a 7 person maximum team, myself included or not is not yet decided. So at max 8 people, if you would like to apply for a job, I will have a thread for that with all the specifications later.

Now let's talk story and art. Obviously we originally took pretty much all of our ideas from AQW. First of all that would be under a few © restrictions to continue that. So I would like some new, original ideas for the story. On the art side, we have a similar problem, but not quite as bad. Obviously we're going with that pixel/8-bit style, and again, look at some of Nel's work for reference.

We need someone with flash experience. I'm perfectly willing to learn flash, but by the time I have the skills to make the game, we would have far surpassed our few month deadline.

Do we want this to be an MMO? Would you like to be able to play with your friends? If this is the case then we would need servers. I don't think we can do any charging of money even for donations unless someone wants to (legally) set up a paypall or bank account and make this into a business, which I don't think we're aiming for.

That's all for now, other threads will be opened for different aspects of the game, but for now, this thread is open for questions.
Caeel
Caeel
LuvaBoy
LuvaBoy

Zard : [TR - The Game] 2.0 Information & Jobs Stuff Shadowq
Number of posts : 1503
User Points : 505722

Back to top Go down

[TR - The Game] 2.0 Information & Jobs Stuff Empty Re: [TR - The Game] 2.0 Information & Jobs Stuff

Post by Arch Fiend Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:11 am

well seeing as this is a rather new update to the progress of the tr game. (and now that im back from my wandering) id like to know what the new aspect of the game will be. you said something about a change from everyone to only a select few working onthe progect but from what i last heard it only stoped because 2 lead designers dissaperd and it was put on hold even while tons of tr members with the qualifications to take there place offerd untill finaly even they left looking for promiss elsewhere. i remimber myself being one actuly.
Arch Fiend
Arch Fiend
The Epic Knight
The Epic Knight

Number of posts : 334
User Points : 83774

Back to top Go down

[TR - The Game] 2.0 Information & Jobs Stuff Empty Re: [TR - The Game] 2.0 Information & Jobs Stuff

Post by Snukems Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:37 pm

Arch Fiend wrote:well seeing as this is a rather new update to the progress of the tr game. (and now that im back from my wandering) id like to know what the new aspect of the game will be. you said something about a change from everyone to only a select few working onthe progect but from what i last heard it only stoped because 2 lead designers dissaperd and it was put on hold even while tons of tr members with the qualifications to take there place offerd untill finaly even they left looking for promiss elsewhere. i remimber myself being one actuly.
CANNOT READ.
Snukems
Snukems
All your clans are belong to us.

Number of posts : 691
User Points : 19141

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Gaskarth Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:43 pm

Snukems wrote:
Arch Fiend wrote:well seeing as this is a rather new update to the progress of the tr game. (and now that im back from my wandering) id like to know what the new aspect of the game will be. you said something about a change from everyone to only a select few working onthe progect but from what i last heard it only stoped because 2 lead designers dissaperd and it was put on hold even while tons of tr members with the qualifications to take there place offerd untill finaly even they left looking for promiss elsewhere. i remimber myself being one actuly.
CANNOT READ.

tl;dr:
Arch Fiend wrote:I'm back, what's different with the game.
Tom Gaskarth
Tom Gaskarth
Tumbleweed
Tumbleweed

Zard : [TR - The Game] 2.0 Information & Jobs Stuff 2pt1bvm
Number of posts : 1991
User Points : 86264

http://twitter.com/IFlyDragons

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:06 am

Tom Gaskarth wrote:
Snukems wrote:
CANNOT READ.

tl;dr:
Arch Fiend wrote:I'm back, what's different with the game.
How'd you manage to translate that from gibberish?
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Gaskarth Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:24 am

I speak fluent gibberish.
Tom Gaskarth
Tom Gaskarth
Tumbleweed
Tumbleweed

User Points : 86264

http://twitter.com/IFlyDragons

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:23 am

Tom Gaskarth wrote:I speak fluent gibberish.
Epic win!
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Xusha Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:26 am

This is the part of the job I hate, but I'd like to ask that you remain on topic, alright?
Xusha
Xusha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Zard : [TR - The Game] 2.0 Information & Jobs Stuff 3359xqb
Number of posts : 1130
User Points : 427876

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:38 pm

Alright.

Men, let's get this thing organized.
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Fiend Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:25 am

well? what are we gonna do? seems like caeel is gone. from what he said he was the leader. so then how are we going to get this hunk of pixils off the ground?
Arch Fiend
Arch Fiend
The Epic Knight
The Epic Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darre Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:46 am

I say we start by picking an active and willing coordinator or organizer and make sure they don't get to the pint of being a leader. When you pick a leader then people have the tendency to do nothing unless the leader is active.
Darre
Darre
pɐɹɹǝ ʇɐןʞs ndsıpǝ poʍu

User Points : 53840

http://www.darretobe.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Fiend Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:04 pm

i agree.
Arch Fiend
Arch Fiend
The Epic Knight
The Epic Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darre Sun May 01, 2011 12:46 am

So should we vote or is somebody going to volunteer?
Darre
Darre
pɐɹɹǝ ʇɐןʞs ndsıpǝ poʍu

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Fiend Sun May 01, 2011 7:30 am

its up to vamp weather or not we can de-mote caeel but i do believe we need a temp
Arch Fiend
Arch Fiend
The Epic Knight
The Epic Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sun May 01, 2011 8:15 am

It would seem that we do in fact need an active member with no history of frequent inactivity to lead this.

If we're voting, then I vote for Darre.
Shadow
this is a title

Number of posts : 3430
User Points : 572043

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Mon May 02, 2011 7:16 am

I'll do it.
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by V Mon May 02, 2011 7:24 am

It would seem that we do in fact need an active member with no history of frequent inactivity to lead this.

Leaving the general public of TR in charge of voting leaders has failed in regards to this project in the past, so I choose Darre to be the new leader (if he wants to be). He has the longest constant activity out of anyone in this project and a good head on his shoulders.
V
V
agina

Number of posts : 3752
User Points : 10237693

http://www.trforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Fiend Mon May 02, 2011 7:31 am

i agree. i believe darre would be the best person for the job, being that he organized the tr art worm and that lasted a while. but if he doesint want to do it ill take point, being that i wanted to get into the game for a while now and i do have time.
Arch Fiend
Arch Fiend
The Epic Knight
The Epic Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darre Mon May 02, 2011 7:54 am

Both Arch Fiend and Snukems seem more wanting of the position than me ( not to say that I don't want it, because I do, badly). I am grateful that you would vote for me but I feel it would be an upset if Arch and Nuke were kept out. IMO if we had somebody with a little more technical skill than me it would help. Melilla would be a perfect organizer if he were still here. I'm ecstatic to be able to do this and I'll work hard to keep this organized if I'm chosen.
Darre
Darre
pɐɹɹǝ ʇɐןʞs ndsıpǝ poʍu

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Mon May 02, 2011 8:03 am

Darre wrote:Both Arch Fiend and Snukems seem more wanting of the position than me ( not to say that I don't want it, because I do, badly). I am grateful that you would vote for me but I feel it would be an upset if Arch and Nuke were kept out. IMO if we had somebody with a little more technical skill than me it would help. Melilla would be a perfect organizer if he were still here. I'm ecstatic to be able to do this and I'll work hard to keep this organized if I'm chosen.
Nah...you can do it. You've been selected :)
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by V Mon May 02, 2011 8:10 am

Okay, well you've been selected, Darre. Congrats!

If you guys want to get this going, the first step is to find an able programmer. I can't stress this enough - art is great, but we need someone to actually collate it and turn it into a functional program for people to play. Does anyone know of one with some free time?
V
V
agina

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Mon May 02, 2011 8:15 am

I think I'll try finding one. But first I'll go make some topics inquiring about the details of this game.
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Darre Mon May 02, 2011 8:24 am

There is a projects board on the dA forums where we could request a programmer to help with our "project" but we should probably come up with some sample art and basic facts about the game to present before we make a thread.
Darre
Darre
pɐɹɹǝ ʇɐןʞs ndsıpǝ poʍu

Back to top Go down

Post by V Mon May 02, 2011 8:58 am

I believe there was a .zip of Nelioka's original art a few pages back.
V
V
agina

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Mon May 02, 2011 9:01 am

dA could be a good place to go. As long as there are no furries.
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Zard : [TR - The Game] 2.0 Information & Jobs Stuff Whitecc
Number of posts : 3156
User Points : 228751

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next