[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Dark Souls (And some GotY discussion because the fanboys can't stay quiet)

+6
Volke
Peregrine
Tim Hortans
DigDog
Cial
Erik
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dark Souls (And some GotY discussion because the fanboys can't stay quiet) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls (And some GotY discussion because the fanboys can't stay quiet)

Post by Erik Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:29 pm

Tim Hortans wrote:The thing I don't understand about these games is they're supposedly "hard" when really its just trial and error over and over until you finally get something exactly right.

I may be wrong though, I've never played.

You can die to any of the enemies at any point in the game. The difficulty lies in how strong the enemies are compared to you, because as soon as you enter a new zone you either have to be extremely skillful or possibly even grind some souls so you can level up or improve your equipment. Every zone has new threats, every enemy has its own style that you have to watch carefully and react against.

You win not because you attacked first, you win because you outplayed and outstrategized the boss.

I believe I finished the depths recently and am going through that next zone to the fire spider boss. I don't have an Xbox anymore so I can only play at my friends house on his.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Zard : Dark Souls (And some GotY discussion because the fanboys can't stay quiet) - Page 2 M9vzwh
Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045556

Back to top Go down

Dark Souls (And some GotY discussion because the fanboys can't stay quiet) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls (And some GotY discussion because the fanboys can't stay quiet)

Post by DigDog Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:32 pm

Volke wrote:
DigDog wrote:
Erik wrote:It is also the most difficult game on a disc.
Good thing you said on a disc or I'd be going all NES on your butt.

Likewise, I would talk about Gameboy games.

FUUUU MONSTER RANCHER. WHAT WERE YOU SUPPOSED TO DOOOOO?!
Monster Rancher isn't difficult, it's just incredibly long, repetitive and time consuming.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Number of posts : 3197
User Points : 144139

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:40 am

How extensive is the combat?
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Zard : Dark Souls (And some GotY discussion because the fanboys can't stay quiet) - Page 2 Whitecc
Number of posts : 3156
User Points : 228790

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsebi Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:01 am

Extremely, there are multiple weapons, each with its own speed, style, weight, etc. You swing a sword, you feel it go fast, you swing a great sword, it feels heavier and more powerful. If you hit something, the game relays the impact, if you hit a wall or a shield, it bounces back.

Simple description, yeah. But its really a very developed combat system, and unlike most RPGs, its fairly realistic. Enemies don't all have small weak spots, their entire bodies are hurt-able. And attacks do as much damage as you would expect it to do.

As for the enemies and bosses themselves, its pretty advanced, each zone has a couple types of enemy, each with their own fighting styles, and the bosses are in a class of their own.

The game IS trial and error in a way, but not so much that you keep hacking till you get lucky and kill the enemy, you die learning how to fight them, and then you outsmart them after a couple of deaths, and win.
And it feels good man.

In the end though, its fair: if you die it was your fault.
If you live? You earned it.
Mrsebi
Mrsebi
In Your Head

Zard : Dark Souls (And some GotY discussion because the fanboys can't stay quiet) - Page 2 Pinkxs
Number of posts : 2166
User Points : 74961

Back to top Go down

Post by Thoru Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:59 am

Well.... I hate life, I wanted to check this out and it's not available for PC
Thoru
Thoru
Ruiner of Things

Zard : Thoru's Zard
Number of posts : 2998
User Points : 127249

https://twitter.com/LordThoru

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsebi Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:13 am

Been helping some guys on the Smough and Ornstein fight, man I love this game.
Mrsebi
Mrsebi
In Your Head

Zard : Dark Souls (And some GotY discussion because the fanboys can't stay quiet) - Page 2 Pinkxs

Back to top Go down

Post by Volke Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:02 am

mw3 is obviossly gaem of the year.
Volke
Volke
Sandvich Maker
Sandvich Maker

Zard : Dark Souls (And some GotY discussion because the fanboys can't stay quiet) - Page 2 Sticky27
Number of posts : 319
User Points : 21272

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:55 am

Volke wrote:mw3 is obviossly gaem of the year.

DON'T YOU EVEN JOKE ABOUT THAT.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Zard : Dark Souls (And some GotY discussion because the fanboys can't stay quiet) - Page 2 2djta8i
Number of posts : 3457
User Points : 142330

Back to top Go down

Post by Volke Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:58 am

u mab brah
Volke
Volke
Sandvich Maker
Sandvich Maker

Zard : Dark Souls (And some GotY discussion because the fanboys can't stay quiet) - Page 2 Sticky27

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:27 am

Cial its a compliment, it means CS could also be GOTY!
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Zard : Dark Souls (And some GotY discussion because the fanboys can't stay quiet) - Page 2 Whitecc
Number of posts : 3156
User Points : 228790

Back to top Go down

Post by Volke Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:31 am

pc is for losers
Volke
Volke
Sandvich Maker
Sandvich Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:05 am

I can't find any Skyrim threads so this is now a Skyrim general.
Shadow
this is a title

Number of posts : 3430
User Points : 572082

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:35 am

BTW just killed my 2nd Dragon and infiltrated the party of these dirt bags James Bond style.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Zard : Dark Souls (And some GotY discussion because the fanboys can't stay quiet) - Page 2 2djta8i

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsebi Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:23 pm

Giants don't give a **** how many Dragons you've killed, stay the hell away from their mammoths.
Mrsebi
Mrsebi
In Your Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:16 am

OMFG yes. I hate giants. Screw that. I also don't care too much for Frost Trolls. Also apparently this dragon wants me to go back in time so I can learn some magic words to kill an evil dragon. COOL SIGN ME UP.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:31 am

I thought giants weren't meant to be aggro... but they are for me. Whenever I'm just taking a stroll and looking at the scenery, all of a sudden a giant comes at me and I'm admiring the moon.
Shadow
this is a title

Back to top Go down

Post by Thoru Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:20 pm

OMFG SHADOW IS ALIVE *HUG*
Thoru
Thoru
Ruiner of Things

Zard : Thoru's Zard
Number of posts : 2998
User Points : 127249

https://twitter.com/LordThoru

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:07 am

Shadow wrote:I thought giants weren't meant to be aggro... but they are for me. Whenever I'm just taking a stroll and looking at the scenery, all of a sudden a giant comes at me and I'm admiring the moon.

They're not aggro until you stumble through a group of them or brush past their mammoths.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:45 am

Not quite. It says they're mostly friendly unless provoked, however mine seem to be glitched or something because they're never friendly. It must be that the manly smell of nord is too much for them.
Shadow
this is a title

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:01 am

Shadow wrote:Not quite. It says they're mostly friendly unless provoked, however mine seem to be glitched or something because they're never friendly. It must be that the manly smell of nord is too much for them.

MANLY NORD SMELL. MMMMHMM LIKE OLD SPICE.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:47 am

Look at your dragon.
Now back to me.
Now back at your dragon.
Now back to me.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Zard : Peregrine's rock.
Number of posts : 2007
User Points : 750554

http://twitter.com/PerryPeregrine

Back to top Go down

Post by Volke Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:07 am

Are there panda monsters in Skyrim?
Volke
Volke
Sandvich Maker
Sandvich Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsebi Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:53 pm

THIS DISCUSSION NEEDS MORE DARK SOULS!
Mrsebi
Mrsebi
In Your Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:08 am

CEASELESS DISCHARGE
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Zard : Dark Souls (And some GotY discussion because the fanboys can't stay quiet) - Page 2 M9vzwh
Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045556

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsebi Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:35 pm

BED OF CHAOS IS HARDER!
Mrsebi
Mrsebi
In Your Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next