[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Any Other Story, We Would Be Heroes OOC.

+6
Fastwolfen
Cial
Tim Hortans
DigDog
Onion Supreme
Leb
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Any Other Story, We Would Be Heroes OOC. Empty Any Other Story, We Would Be Heroes OOC.

Post by Leb Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:46 pm

Yes, this is totally an appropriate name for this thing. I need to write down some better ones so I can use 'em later on.

ANYWAY.

Have a quick quote to explain the setting a bit.

The kingdom of Peacehills had enjoyed centuries of the good life. The land was plentiful in animal and plant, both which the peasants helped themselves to eagerly, with knives, and sticks, and bear hands, if they had them.

But then, a horrible darkness fell upon the kingdom. No one is sure when exactly this horrible thing happened, but they were pretty sure it started when the dark clouds gathered above them and rained for seven days and nights non-stop.

Many farmers were soaked wet, and obviously unhappy. They marched to the King's castle, and demanded that there either be change, or there be a new King sitting on the throne by the end of the week!

The fact that most of the castle guards were on break at the moment unnerved the old King, who thought furiously of the situation.

How to please his people? What should he say.

In the end, he walked to the balcony and all the angry peasants silenced themselves. No one spoke a word, until the King opened his wise old mouth.

"MONSTERS!"

Truly this horrible cataclysm can only be the work of forces of evil! Far too long have they plagued the land with their wretched aura, that wilt's the grain, scares the goats and makes boys turn into bards!

The people were confused at start, granted how they didn't know what "monsters" were, until the King pointed them out to be the horrible beasts that lurked the dark corner's of the world, and preyed upon the weak.

"Ooooh." said the people in unison.

So what does this mean?

It means that once again, it's time for the realm of Peacehills to come to life! A generic fantasy world, plagued with horrible creatures, oddjob magic stitching dimensions together in such patchwork manner that your grandmother would be ashamed, and of course more treasure and dungeons to plunder than you could successfully shake a stick at and roll a hit with a d20!

This is a RP. A generic fantasy RP, filled with generic fantasy enemies, realms, mysteries and so on. Is there a plot? Hell no. I'll kick the RP off with a quest for the brave PC's, and will be going on with it as the RP advances. PC's delving into sidequests may find that their actions intrigued/amused me enough to weave some of their material into the main story however in a manner I deem appropriate.

I guess once we reach the end of the main quest(which I have an idea about, for start, middle and ending so yeah) we can kick off another RP, but I figure it'll take months even if we have a respectably fast rate of RP'ers posting.

Rules for signing up:

Post here that you're going to sign up. I want the following information:
- Background
- Equipment
- Skills

Everything else is up for you to decide whether or not to include. Name included. And race/species, if you somehow didn't bring it up in Background. I should note that I will be taking into consideration the overall strength of the PC group when planning on what challenges and encounters you face, so demigods may face other demigods while the kobold will be face to face with a particularly threatening rat. And so on.

RP thread HERE.

As the RP will evolve as it goes, feel free to abuse the open setting when it comes to fluff-creation or having your character knowing things from places that are visited for the first time, if they're a world-known explorer or something appropriate.

Any questions?

Here's some background fluff that crops up whenever I deem it necessary or someone asks something.

Humans
The humans in the realm of Peacehills live in a fairly standard medieval society. Peasants make a large portion of the population, tending to the farms and feed themselves and the people higher in hierarchy, merchants make business with farm produce and the trinkets craftsmen make, wooden and metal goods of standard quality. The royal family ruling over them is led by the king, who orders the population as they see fit, while the generals advice on military goals. The royal family also has a number of court wizards who mostly tend to bookkeeping as a hobby, whenever they are not researching into the art of magicks, most of which revolves around figuring out the best ways to dispose of enemies in a flashy fashion.

Human cities and villages reside in plains, nearby forests are mainly used for producing timber for construction and hunting grounds for some extra meat on the table. For the most part humans stay neutral when it comes to other species and as they have no reason to intrude in the borders of their neighbours, things have been quiet and peaceful for the most part in the history of Peacehills for them, save for a few larger scale wars that required them to mobilize their armies.

Widesmile
The city where the adventure began for a trio of heroes, Widesmiles is a normal city as far as humans are concerned. The local militias biggest job is to walk about and make sure that nothing unusual happens, which is the most common state for the city. As far as importance goes, Widesmile has no particular interest in the large scheme of things, what is produced in the city can easily be made in any other settlement. If not for the location near the border of the human kingdom adventurers would have little purpose to ever visit, but as it is Widesmile is the best place to stop and stock up on supplies when heading out to the wide world.

Incidentally, Widesmile was renamed from Gigglejoy after an incident caused by a goblin magus, who tried to conquer the city with a horde of goblins under their command, only to be driven away in short order by the army after the militia hold the horde off long enough. In retaliation, the magus cast a horrible spell and caused a plague that left victims permanently smiling as their flesh rotted off. After more than half of the city population died of the plague, the disease was finally gotten rid off after all the bodies were burned and life got back to normal.

Dwarves
The dwarves are a stocky, short race, about as tall as goblins but with none of the random cruelty that goes with their short stature. They reside in underground fortresses dug into the ground or mountains and are best known for their aptitude to create masterful metal goods, trinkets and armor, as well as goods from rocks and gemstone that fetch for a decent price in the market whenever dwarven caravans arrive to trade in other kingdoms.

Dwarves have a natural aversion to anything taller than them, which is almost everyone and everything. Depending on what they are facing, the usual way to deal with the problem is a crossbow bolt to the head and making bone crafts out of the remains after they're butchered. As for civilized species, the dwarves usually attempt diplomacy, save for goblins and kobolds, both of which are more than happy to skip talk altogether and try to steal dwarven goods or children unless they decide that the bearded folks have gotten too used to good living and send armed squads to harass any dwarf they can that wanders too far from the safety of the fortified underground settlement.

Koganusan
The fortress of Koganusan had a brief history, from the start the place was known for it's fairly good location and abundance of metals and gems, as well as the wilds surrounding the area. After a few years it became known as "that place where dwarves go absolutely insane every now and then", starting from a mandrill attack where a few platinum rings were stolen by the furry things after which the dwarves mustered whatever they could to act as militia, killing anything smaller than them that even looked funny towards their settlement.

Then the elephant herds arrived, and the dwarven response was swift but mostly unsuccessful, after the herd stampeded over the dwarves sent to attack and stormed the gates, finally taken down by weapon traps and a few cages that fell on them. In the years after, the dwarves kept up their campaign against the local wildlife, despite the warnings from the elves who bothered to trade with them, culminating in the construction of a device that was then used in many occasions to pump lava from deep within the mountain to the wilds surrounding them. The scorched wasteland left behind has still to grow anything and just like the dwarves wanted, even the elephants stay clear of the area now, albeit a bit too late for the dwarves who lived there.

The last caravan which traded with the dwarves there reported of rotting corpses littering the entrance, elephant and dwarven alike as well as smoke billowing from the corridors within. None of the traders dared enter the fortress to see what was going on, but seeing how the only the broker was not gnashing their teeth wildly at anything around them, crying uncontrollably or stripping off their clothes on a mad dash to the wilds, they opted to do business fast and get out. That was the last anyone saw of the dwarves of Koganusan, the caravan that reported the empty fortress admitted that not even their armed guards were willing to step one foot in the fortress, which still stank of smoke, rot and burning flesh. All the charred skeletons at the broken doors did not improve the morale of the guards either. The merchants who traded with Koganusan called it a tragedy, the dwarves upon hearing the news called it "business as usual, better luck with our next fortress eh?"

Last edited by Leb on Tue May 22, 2012 8:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Zard : Any Other Story, We Would Be Heroes OOC. Defaultpet
Number of posts : 420
User Points : 27064

Back to top Go down

Any Other Story, We Would Be Heroes OOC. Empty Re: Any Other Story, We Would Be Heroes OOC.

Post by Onion Supreme Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:32 pm

This looks so cool.
Onion Supreme
Onion Supreme

Number of posts : 116
User Points : 12328

Back to top Go down

Any Other Story, We Would Be Heroes OOC. Empty Re: Any Other Story, We Would Be Heroes OOC.

Post by DigDog Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:22 pm

Here we be Legends, once upon in a RP (GrimDark NobleBright edition, volume 1, reprint 3). As soon as I read "Peacehills" I knew you did it again. You revived this RP a third time on yet another forum. I hope it will have a better fate this time, because it's a shame we never got to finish it the last two times.

Since I'm the epitome of unimaginativeness, I of course will use one of the characters I tried to use before but never really got to. The question is, will it be Mario or the Librarian? Let's toss a coin.

The Librarian it is.

Background
The Librarian is a faculty member of the Unseen University, and so he must have once been a human wizard. A strong wave of magic, altering reality, transformed the Librarian into an orangutan; at that time, his colleagues still remembered how he looked as a human. Back then, wizards were much too busy to help him get back to his original human form (although there is no record of his asking for help, either). After things settled down, the Librarian's colleagues found that he liked being an orangutan and fought all efforts to transform him back to human. The Librarian found out that opposable toes come in very handy when climbing up the book-shelves and sorting books. Also, a very large and strong orangutan has more plausible arguments when talking about dog-ears and overrun return deadlines. Although the senior wizards looked very hard for one, there are no rules in the university constitution forbidding an orangutan to be a member of the college council.

His library in the Unseen University contains (apart from a very large collection of magical and non-magical books) an access point to the L-space. The L-space, short for library-space, is the undeniable proof that the written word has powerful magical properties, and that in large quantities all books warp space and time around them. The principle of L-space revolves around a seemingly logical equation; it is an extension of the 'Knowledge is Power':

Books = Knowledge = Power = (Force x Distance^2) ÷ Time.

Large quantities of magical and mundane books create portals into L-space that can be accessed using innate powers of librarianship that are taught by the Librarians of Time and Space to those deemed worthy. Because L-space links every library, it is possible to reach any one of these throughout space and time.

Using the powers of the L-space, the librarian ventured into a library in the kingdom of Peacehills to check in on some particularly interesting books about the local flora and fauna. But nobody can read something in a stuffy library without wetting their throat beforehand, which is why it is very convenient that the library is right across the street from an establishment called called the Crazy Drunkard.

Equipment
Nothing except the rubber-sack-filled-with-water look and physique of a well grown, 300lb male.

Skills
Very skilled in hand-to-hand (or foot-to-hand) combat. Packs quite a punch and is more agile than his looks might make you think he is. Possesses the ability of getting his point across in a converversation only by uttering 'ook' or 'eek' and using a mix of gestures and something that shall be called sign language due to the lack of a better description.
Boom! In before Monu goes apeshit.

DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Number of posts : 3197
User Points : 144139

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:12 pm

I love it. And yeah, the original Peacehills was less of a story-RP and more of a "LETS KILL THIIIIIIIIIIINGS" and it wasn't very good in my opinion. Overdid it a bit, I think.

The second try suffered the usual PPF fate: Not enough people active. Wolfie's RP drains a lot of resources. Here there are more people though, and I think a lighter RP such as this one might interest people who might be interested in some less serious RP'ing.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Onion Supreme Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:26 pm

@DD: Dude is that a challenge? Are you saying I can't come up with a better char?
Onion Supreme
Onion Supreme

Number of posts : 116
User Points : 12328

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:50 pm

It's not a challenge Monu, it's a reference you're supposed to enjoy.

But hey, if it makes you come up with a fancy character, sure, consider it a challenge.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:56 am

might b cool but dunno if i want to make a commitment.
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Zard : Any Other Story, We Would Be Heroes OOC. Whitecc
Number of posts : 3156
User Points : 228790

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:24 am

This is my kind of party. I guess I'll roll a mysterious rogue.

Background:
The rogue is an awfully aloof and mysterious man. In Peacehills, some have spread rumors about him, gossiping on what he does, who he is, what he is. The people have come to call him "Vlad" based off of a rumor he was an escaped convict who impaled a man on a spear by casting him off of a watchtower to his death. One thing is for certain about Vlad, though. He never speaks. Even merchants claimed that when he bought his goods, he left just enough gold on the counter for his items and left.

Children made songs about him to sing and mock him as he walked down the street, shrouded in dark clothing and mystery, the town drunks mocked him for being less likeable than them, and everyone spun rumors about him.

Some say Vlad is actually a group of many teenage children who have run away from home, and live in one house. They only go out one at a time, and only ever draped in all black so as to not expose themselves to people on the street. Others claim he is a werewolf, because for 70 years Vlad has lived, and no one has ever seen signs of him aging. Some simply claim Vlad is the devil himself, coming to claim the souls of everyone in Peacehills.

The truth, however, is far less flattering. Vlad is a miserable, angry, lonely vampire, cursed by an angry young witch whom he'd most heinously ended courtship with, and who had committed suicide a week later. Even if Vlad had wanted to take her back and reverse the spell, he couldn't. And so, he pledged his life to being alone and in the shadows. Until, of course, the King had made his "Monsters" speech. Vlad decided that if anyone deserved a quest to fight these creatures, he did.

Equipment:
A top hat, called the Battle Hat. It is a helmet, charmed to look like a top hat with a red band around it. This hat prevents the sun from turning him to ash, and looks extremely stylish. He also wears a Battle Tux, which is a suit of armor charmed to be a pin-striped black suit with a red bow tie.

Skills:
Vlad's vampirism, while making him a cynical jerk, also gives him a few magical powers to use in battle. Vlad can attempt to read minds with vampire-sense, which takes a lot of focus, and helped him to live in Peacehills without ever having to speak to wretched mortal meat sacks. Vlad's agility and strength is also heightened, making him a deadly rogue. He is also trained well to use swords and dual-daggers, but does not own any for fear he might have attempted to commit suicide, which he often contemplated.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Zard : Any Other Story, We Would Be Heroes OOC. 2djta8i
Number of posts : 3457
User Points : 142330

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:34 am

Vamp eh? Sure, although the part with "MONSTERS" was of a previous Peacehills RP that isn't related to this one at all. It was a simple combat-orientated RP, this one will have actual plot! It didn't occur to me that someone would sign up for this without reading the actual RP thread, which doesn't have anything of the stuff I quoted. It was just an example on the mood and style of this RP.

And Tim, how about you decide that instead of posting "yeah I might not join this"?
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:52 am

Oh okay then just ignore that part. Vlad's just going to be walking by the Crazy Drunkard when the fight breaks out, just in time to join the mysterious man at his table.

EDIT: Character loosely based on this:
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:08 am

DONT RUSH ME
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastwolfen Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:54 am

I call an Italian plumber who is constantly high on mushrooms and thinks turtles are the epitome of all that is evil
Fastwolfen
Fastwolfen
Daedric Prince of Biscuits

Number of posts : 76
User Points : 9240

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Fastwolfen

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:08 am

So you want to play Dig's last character?
Sure.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:11 am

Thinking of adding a cane-sword to my equipment list.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:29 am

So wait what is this RP about
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:35 am

Right now it's like this: Rumors of a great adventure have been going on, and the PC's one way or another end up at the place where the meeting regarding the details are said to take place.

To obviously spoiler things, the group of PC's will be working as a team to go retrieve an object of great value, for a great reward. There will be hijinks about and you can pretty much do your own thing, but retrieving that item should be a priority to work towards. You know, for the reward. But it's not like I won't allow someone to take the item for themselves.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:16 am

Can I post?
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:38 am

Well what do you think I'm waiting for? Feel free to post and start whenever.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:50 am

Cial wrote:Thinking of adding a cane-sword to my equipment list.
YOHOHOHO.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:59 am

There. So I bought a sword and crossbow.

I was thinking sword and rife, but Vlad is a classy man.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:00 am

Becoming more interested in this just because Digdog is a huge ape.
YA KNOW WHAT I THINK I'LL JOIN but i have a lot of work and pokemon to do 2nite so I'll write up a bio hopefully tomorrow.
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:03 am

If you don't play a little girl I might cry.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:07 am

Early brainstorming while grinding my igglybuff decides I'll be RPing a youngish girl, probably around 16 or so. maybe younger.
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:19 am

Ieb will like that.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:19 am

Ieb struck me as that type of dude.
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next