[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Gallery Approval Thread!

+73
gryfinrider
Laken
Snukems
Wraith
Tim Hortans
SirValor
ObliviousEffect
Satus
PyroPuppy
Zyrain
Felix
Bram
LightningZStar
Alderos
Darre
Alanza
incinerator1
Thoru
Datshadow
The Legend Of Lore
Crystal Lion
Lavitz
Arch Fiend
Xusha
Wixmagic
Calvin159
DuckOfDuckness
Valosity
Draktand
Ampy34
The True Assassin
Altera
Peregrine
Hunter Reckoning
Seahawks
Chiyuki
Terrowin
GFXRandy
Atriax
Graarg
Lama
Jman228
Caeel
Walt
Shadow
Banned
Nagi
Lord Deathwing
5secondchaos
Viral
Lord Zombie
FRC
dannyandqwerty
Serena
Icey
Cano
Javiersito2
Aeonarial
Xieg
Charon
quocodile674
MaxSparks
Mash
Drwho
Rage
xSinfulSuicidex
rouge of shadows
Predatoree
Deathclaws
Pyronix
Winnie
Flaw of Insanity
V
77 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Gallery Approval Thread! - Page 4 Empty Re: Gallery Approval Thread!

Post by Alderos Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:44 am

Form

Example1: Example2:[url=http://]http://thealderos.deviantart.com/art/My-First-serious-gimp-art-154871370
Program(s) you use:I mostly use gimp, some hand drawn, i just don't have any scanned onto my computer atm
Medium (What you do most of)i use a mixture of hand drawn and digital
*Experience:I really don't have experience except for teaching myself, i guess i started back in 3rd grade when i drew weapons(i was really into rpgs)

CC: Too many words under Kaotic, it just really clutters it up, if you removed that it would be fine.Otherwise i like the layout with the toxic sign, not to mention the green fits it pretty well. The green gives it a kind of "sickly" feel, like it is really toxic, Great job.

CC2:[url=http://]https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Verticaltuttagcopy.png There is too much glow from the orbs o' light, makes it hard to determine what the creature is, if they were toned down it would make the creature more visible and the picture better. All of the little tiny orbs make it seem as the air is tingling around it though, really makes it seem like an energy rush. The background makes me think it is going at a high speed , thus also referring back to the title.

The pics are good but you need to improve on your CC, try to point out whats good too, just simply statiing problems you see with it isnt really Constructive Criticism. So please improve you CC and then I will relook at your application. ~Icey

ok, it has been edited

CC is much better
Approved
~Icey
Alderos
Alderos
Evil lemon

Zard : Gallery Approval Thread! - Page 4 Rustys
Number of posts : 646
User Points : 15247

Back to top Go down

Post by LightningZStar Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:41 am

Example 1 : https://2img.net/h/i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz292/LightningZStar/GreenMugCustom.png
Example 2: https://2img.net/h/i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz292/LightningZStar/SignatureTemplate16-1.png
Program(s): Well I use Paint.Net,GIMP,and Some MS paint..Also SOME Photoshop..
Medium: I mostly Do Computer Art.
Experience: I was encouraged to do this when I joined Twitter,Which Was about November. I am am Amateur,but I am Quickly Progressing with the help of my followers.
CC: Mmk I think This is a very nice piece,Nicely Done Color Blending.Ok..I love the colors! =D.However...A bit sloppy... The Sign Finishes It All together and the green holes Give it an Illusion to as if it's almost moving. However...Try using different colors
CC2: Kinda hard to see the figure,but if you look for a few seconds,it becomes a unique work of Shading. I liked it though. And the Backround Finishes it off Perfectly. BUT Try using different colors so you can see the character better,took me a sec to find it!So don't take all the attention away from the original figure. Aso,You kinda went overboard with the green things.Mmk

pretty much the same of what I said on Alderos's CC applies to you too, it needs to be more elaborate. For you you need to add more of the critisim part. ~Icey
I have Made better pictures And added more to the CC. Can someone please look at this?

Approved, welcome to the art gallery!
-Shadow

Last edited by Shadow on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:05 pm; edited 12 times in total (Reason for editing : Criticize)
LightningZStar
LightningZStar
Mug Master
Mug Master

Zard : Gallery Approval Thread! - Page 4 Greenko
Number of posts : 299
User Points : 34799
Location : I'll give you a hint,the first three letters are U.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bram Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:58 pm

Example 1
Example 2 (The right half was done by Weena, but the left half and the BG was by me)
Program(s) you use: Photoshop, Flash
Medium (What you do most of) Uhh... Photoshop, Flash?
*Experience: Been making edits in Photoshop for roughly four months now, recently started animating in Flash.

Now fore some CnC...
CnC Image 1
Interesting, I would say too much light, and the lens flare is somewhat off looking. There seems to be a lot of distracting debris off to the sides. I would say not darken the image, but lower the contrast a bit. And maybe clear out some of the spots next to his right (Left on the screen) hand.

CnC Image 2
Too much red, it's hard to make out what the picture is. The text could be a slightly different color, so it's easier to read. The sprite on the... Hand... Thing... Could be better.

That collab is coming along nicely. :p
CC could use a little work, but it's enough to pass my approval.
Approved! ~Ry
Bram
Bram
Insane Mage
Insane Mage

Number of posts : 372
User Points : 23711

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:19 pm

Example 1 Example 2
Program(s) you use: flash and photoshop, although I might expand soon.
Medium (hand drawn art and Photoshop, although I like to do a bit of flash hear and there)
*Experience: I don't actually have too much experience, although I've been doing this for a while now, and I know some tricks I've learnt along the away from fellow artists.

CnC 1 man, this is pretty neat, I like the texture you used with the red and hw nits all like a crinkled peice of red paper, sort of (thats as close as I can get to describing it) and you've really worked some magic with the render and it fitting in, the one flaw I can see, however, is the arm you have a big arm from shoulder to elbow then this puny little thing then a massive hand, I understand its a monster but next time bring some realism into it.

CnC 2 I really Really like this signature and how it's render perfectly blends in with the background, coulor wise. although that second guy in the background seems pretty useless. its the one mistake I can see, its just some head randomly sitting there.

thx guys.

Pics look pretty good, you might want to make you sprites a little clearer, but more importantly is the CC. I found you concept CC pretty well, you had what was good and some things you thought could be improved allthough I wouldnt really word it as a "mistake", more as something that could be better, but I think you qualify.
Approved
~Icey

thx icey, your awesome.
Felix
Felix

Number of posts : 774
User Points : 23915

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyrain Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:10 pm

Example 1 Example 2
Program(s) you use: Flash CS4, GIMP, MS Paint
Medium: Tags & Avatars
Experience: MS Paint & GIMP: 1 Year. Flash CS4: 3 Months.
Constructive Criticism 1
I like the way this photo is an Emotion, without the colours of the Emotion. The Render works extremely well with the dull colour scheme as the Render's features are clear even without colours seperating certain features. I feel the sparks of light, flashing away from the Render take away too much attention from the Text, and crowds the Tag. I would say the Tag flows beautifully, but those sparks of light make it less smooth. The Text works really well with the Tag, it just doesn't stand out. The Text Font is lovely, but the Colour is one of the main problems on why the Text does not stand out in the Tag - it's too Dull and comes close with matching with the Background. I really like the Render, Colour Scheme, Background, Feel and the Flow of the Tag, they all come together to create a great Tag. The Text on the other hand, isn't so good. This is mainly down to the sparks of light, and Colour of the Text. I really dislike the sparks of light, as you probably guessed due to my constant complaints. For me, this effect ruins the Tag, without it, this would be a near perfect Tag. Overall, an excellent Tag, only things to improve are the removal of the sparks of light Effect, and making the Text more visable.
Constructive Criticism 2
The Render works perfect with the Colour Scheme. To me, the use of the Colours show a deep, darker Story behind the Render - this helps with the Render as it is true. I like the use of different techniques in different patches of the Tag. For Example, on one side of the Rendeer, there's a Cloud/Scale Technique used with the Colours, on the other side of the Render, there's a Thin Wavey Technique being used. I really like the greyish Tone on thye whole Tag - it makes the Render fit in with the brightening used over it. Although the Background is just a Colour Scheme of different Techniques, it makes the Tag seem Full. The Border makes the Tag feel enclosed, I like the way it flows well with the Render. Out of everything, I like the choice of Colours the most. The Greens, Blues, Yellows and Greys all blend together with the certain Tone of the Tag. Overall, there's not much room for improvement, if not none. I enjoy the general feel of the Tag. Near enough to perfect.

~Zyrain

Son. I am impressed. Your CC is NOT unnecessarily long, in fact the more you give the more the artist receives. Your art is also pretty awesome. APPROVED
~Flawsie
Zyrain
Zyrain
Cyan ArchMage

Number of posts : 60
User Points : 15388

http://twitter.com/ZyrainAE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:47 pm

Form

Example 1 https://i.servimg.com/u/f60/15/00/42/15/tr_sym12.png
Example 2 https://i.servimg.com/u/f60/15/00/42/15/img_0635.jpg
Program(s) you use:
Mostly I use paint, my pencil and my Iphone.
Medium (What you do most of)
Mostly I do characters, Iphone Avvys and sometimes weapons.
*Experience:
Well I've only had my Iphone for about 3 months but I've drawn with a pencil since I was 7 and I have used paint since I was 12

CC:https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Verticaltuttagcopy.png
First of all I love the colouring and the shades, its like its coming out at me, after taking a closer look at it it seems to be humanoid (sort of). There does seem to be a little too much going on and that distracts the viewer from the main bit of the picture which would be the figure. The green lights seem to distract me from seeing the amount of detail that went into the Figure I suggest dimming them a little so the veiwer can see the amount of detail you went too and appreciate it.

CC:https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Kaoticgiftcopy.png
First of all I would say that there is a little to much green (is that possible?). The radioactive symbol in the middle is a nice centrepiece and then leads the viewer around the picture examining the details. The swirl of green around the radioactive symbol makes it looks like like an explosion but seems to go in all directions. Taking the real pleasure of looking at it away. Try not to use to much detail, as simple things can look just as good

Approved
~Flawsie
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PyroPuppy Tue May 04, 2010 4:06 pm

Example 1 Example 2

Program(s) you use: Flash, Photoshop
Medium (What you do most of) Flash Weapons
*Experience: It depends. I know the Flash and Photoshop basics for like 4 years, but when I really took myself and started learning was only a year ago.

CnC:
Image 1
This tag is great. I like the dark theme of it, and the use of those lights to give special lighting to the tag. With the dark coloring and all of the advantages of it, you can't really make the difference between the render itself or the c4d background behind it. Also, I liked the use you did with reflection, but for my opinion the right and left edges should be more blurred, and not just cut edges, to make the tag more realistic.

Image 2
This tag is really great for my opinion. The background and the render have the right color scheme, and I really liked
that you made the text transparent. With all of this, I don't really like the white circles. Removing them will add empty space to tag, which isn't really good, but replacing them with some other effect or even just blurring them a bit will be better.

Approved, nice to see another Flash artist in the clan!
~Flawsie
PyroPuppy
PyroPuppy

Number of posts : 19
User Points : 5187

Back to top Go down

Post by Satus Sun May 16, 2010 2:11 am

Form:

Example 1
A character from an RP site I'm on.
Example 2
A post BG that a friend requested.
Program(s) you use:Pencil, Photoshop, Corel Painter
Medium:Character sketches with pencil, Avatars and Sigs for digital.
*Experience: Extensive pencil drawing, advanced Photoshop experience, decent with MS Paint, new to Corel Painter.

Give Constructive Criticism on the following images:
CC1
This one looks pretty cool, but the words a a little hard to read, especially the top line. It also seems like it could be resided a little, since there's basically just dead space at the sides and the image is very large, especially if you were to use it as a sig; it would take a long time to load on slower internet connections, and therefore may cause a slowdown.
CC2
I'd say that you could move the name up above the second guy, since it looks like all it's doing is stretching the image more than it needs to be. Also, making the man in the foreground a bit more clear would be a little better IMO. Maybe reduce a few of those lights that appear in the picture. And finally, cutting down the sides to just outside the borders of the soldiers would look a little better.

Approved
~Flawsie
Satus
Satus

Number of posts : 37
User Points : 28181

http://draxen.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ObliviousEffect Mon May 17, 2010 9:49 pm

I thought my second post would be to get approved so here it goes :)
Form

Example 1 Example 2
Program(s) you use:Photoshop CS5 (trial), Photobucket, GIMP and my hands
Medium (What you do most of)Photo Manipulation, re-colors and a bit of graffiti
*Experience:about a year or two

CC1
Well its very hectic i don't know what it is and the 5 green flashes so close together Lreally take away from everything else but the overall design bleeds creativity its a squid in space shooting lasers how can you get anymore creative? :P

CC2
Kinda hard on the eyes how its distorted and faded around the edges, i like how there was lots of detail put into the very background shows the artist worked hard on all concepts of the image.

Okay first of all you cant use the same picture for example one and two, and second is that the CC isnt bad but it could be a little more detailed please try again ~Icey

Sorry about that it is fixed now i was kinda rushed and i guess i got the links confused

K now that there is two pics its much better XD, k well I like your work, especially your current avi lol, the CC is still really short, but I feel that it has the basic needs of good CC, but in the future when giving CC the artist will benefit a lot more if it is more detailed, but its a pretty good application
Approved but dont forget my advice :P
~Icey

Last edited by ObliviousEffect on Tue May 18, 2010 6:06 am; edited 2 times in total
ObliviousEffect
ObliviousEffect

Number of posts : 51
User Points : 22682

http://Thats a great idea... i should get myself one of those.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:00 pm

Example 1 Example 2
Program(s) you use: Flash CS5
Medium: AQW Style Items
Experience: Flash CS about two years (whoops don't know why I put CS5 it's newly realised ;P)

CC 1:
Very nice render and CS, but the background is very over powering to the render and text.The text is a nice font but the glow is a little to bright.The slashes on the bottom right and very nice, but the glow draws all the attention.the last thing I noticed is that you can't see all the render.

CC 2:
I really like the reflection it adds so much by being so little!The green lights I guess you could say are to bright and there are to many, but the whole theme is very good.The knockout of the text is a little much.

Your CC is decent and your art is fantastic. Approved!
-Shadow

Last edited by Shadow on Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:37 am; edited 3 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SirValor Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:42 am

Form

Example 1 Example 2
Program(s) you use: GIMP
Medium (What you do most of) Armors, weapons, renders, TR Avatars
*Experience: About 5 months

CC
https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Verticaltuttagcopy.png
I like it and its green sunbursts, but what I don't like is that it has too many of them and they look exactly the same. It's reflection on the what-seems-to-be floor is nice but it looks too sudden; it is too transparent too. I enjoy the dark color scheme too. But its most bad part is that the character blends in too well with the background, it makes me think, "What is it?"

https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Kaoticgiftcopy.png
I love the green inside this picture and the symbol but the image's text is extremely hard to read (I think it's just me since I have bad vision). The diseased symbol is nice, too. How Pyronix used different fonts is also attracting. There is too much black in my opinion too. Overall it is nice, attractive and appealing.

Good art, and good CC. Approved!
-Shadow

YAY.
SirValor
SirValor
Indescribable Happiness

Number of posts : 243
User Points : 29839

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:48 am

Form

Example 1 Example 2
Program(s) you use: Photoshop CS5, Gimp, PDN, Pencil/Paper.
Medium (What you do most of) Photoshop and Pencil/Paper.
*Experience: A year or two of graphic arts, around 4 months of photoshop, and years and more years and more of more years of Pencil/Paper O_O

CC

https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Kaoticgiftcopy.png

Preetyyy O_O The green is a great choice for this pic. It works good with the image in the back, which reminds me of the toxic symbol e.e HOWEVER, the text is hard to read. I think if he had of used more solid text with less green over top of it, it would have worked better. =3

https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Novatag.png

Not a bad tag, really... (Umm, everything just glitched up, but ima continue =P)
I find the bubbles around him don't really make sense... I would get rid of them. Also, behind him is much too bright, which takes away from the focal. My eyes kept on getting drawn away from the focal to the big light. Also, the text in the corner is a bad idea. You should try to keep the text close to the focal at all times, unless the text IS the focal =P. But yeah, because you really forget about the text, until you scan the picture and see it, which takes away from the focal.

Great work examples. CC needs work, but it is good enough to pass. Approved!
-Shadow
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Zard : Gallery Approval Thread! - Page 4 Whitecc
Number of posts : 3156
User Points : 228780

Back to top Go down

Post by Wraith Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:23 am

Example 1 Example 2
Program(s) you use: GIMP and Photoshop CS5.
Medium (What you do most of) Tags, backgrounds (including twitter backgrounds), sigs, banners, avatars, and more.
*Experience: My time experience is 1 year. But, in one word, I'd say somewhat above average.

CC:

https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Verticaltuttagcopy.png

I like it, for the most part. Great flow and depth, and the general, overall explosive feel of the tag leads me to thinking of it positively. The C4D's do a good job of helping the render blend well, and the use of a primary color and a secondary color (green and black) being used makes each of the colors stand out. However, there are some... faults. The text saying "Energy Rush" draws attention away from the tag itself, easily being a hindrance. Another thing is that there's no blending on the focal, nothing to really help it fit in with the background, which I can hardly see. The last problem is that the large green light to the slight left of the focal also draws attention away from it. That's generally all for that one. Overall, good, but needs work.

I like the feeling of this one. The lighting compliments the focal, as it shines off to the very left side of the focal, also adding to the depth of it. The blending of the multiple colors is great as well, making it look like all the colors ultimately come together as a color scheme to compliment the render further. There are, however, some problems. There's no actual foreground to the tag, only the render and a background, which doesn't really help for the depth. The second problem is the fact that the lighting, being overly clear to see, diverts the attention that should be given to the render away from it. Not very good for the overall look of the tag, in my opinion. The last problem I see is that the "Nova" text is plain. There's no real flair to it, and it's not very subtle or complimentary to the tag.
Wraith
Wraith

Number of posts : 118
User Points : 5193

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:47 am

Justy, the "Pre-Gym" leader in Phenac City. Nukian soldier - Grunt level.
Program(s) you use: Paint.NET
Medium (What you do most of) Sprites. (Edits, recolors, etc., but not scratch)
*Experience: Militiamon development.
Snukems
Snukems
All your clans are belong to us.

Number of posts : 691
User Points : 19170

Back to top Go down

Post by Laken Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:48 am

Form

Example 1 Example 2
Program(s) you use: Hand Drawn
Medium (What you do most of) Mostly Hand Dawn, I'm not half bad with AQW armors, and etc..
*Experience: At least 7 years of experience in Drawing.

CC

https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Tenissswingcopy.jpg

I have to say the general aspect of it is quite well done. The body proportions are fitting, but on closer inspection I would have to say the lines are too thick to show the action of movement, it looks more like there are 2 people there instead of 1 person returning a serve. I also would have to say that the third arm is just awkward especially the way she is hitting it. Besides that it isn't actually that bad.

https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Gearsofwartut1copy.png

I have to say I really like the way this one was done. I thoroughly enjoy the way the artist did the lines, adding a chaotic feel to the picture. Such as it is in war. Though I feel those lines should not have been around the top part of the helmet. I believe the character (the one in the front) would have stood out a lot more if he had been all solid, while everything else keeps the same feel to show the chaoticness (?) of war.

Xusha approves!
Laken
Laken

Number of posts : 11
User Points : 5042

Back to top Go down

Post by gryfinrider Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:13 pm

Form

Example 1 Example 2
Program(s) you use: Hand drawn, Flash pro. CS5, PhotoShop CS5
Medium (What you do most of) Hand drawn, then sometimes I'll color it on flash or photoshop.
*Experience: I've been drawing 'well' for about two years, and using Flash for a month or so and PS for about a year.

CC

One

The general aspect is intriguing. When it goes into a tennis ball, the yellow burst looks flat, except around the ends. It's almost hard to tell it's the point where the baseball changes. The strokes at the left end of the ball hardly make the ball have a moving appearance because, there are no strokes in front of the ball, and there are too little strokes where there are already markings.

Two

The person's face is rather strange, it look's like he is biting onto the scarf. and on the edges of his face, it look's quite pixely. The bright light on the left is distracting from the main piece (the person). The bubbles are unecisarry, and distracting. I like how it looks by having the scarf eventually blending into the back round, quite clever. Besides some of the obvious flaws, it's a great piece.

Nether link works. Use Tinypic or Photobucket please.
~Flawsie (Killmaster)
gryfinrider
gryfinrider
GriffinMaster

Zard : Gallery Approval Thread! - Page 4 Windl
Number of posts : 39
User Points : 45253

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:05 pm

Form
Example 1
Example 2
Example 3 <Just because I love drawing
Example 1: My first drawing i made in paint.
Example 2: Attempt at the AE forums Armor Suggestion Thread
Example 3: A quick sketch that i made 10 mins ago, pretty rough but, i guess its okay. I have no clue what it is. It'll be awesome if you could name it for me :).Has no mouth O_O... probably feeds on muck xD That's the beauty of art, you never know what you are drawing until its done.
Program(s) you use: Well...Paint
Medium (What you do most of) Just hand drawing images, mostly manga-style art. I also do pixel art but not as good at it.
*Experience:
Well...Ever since i started school i never got below an A in art for my report card :\
and i've also drawn my own manga series. 2 books.

CC

Well for this one, I say the colours are too faint and you can tell that the body proportions aren't very accurately drawn. The fact that the word NOVA is at the very bottom right and that it's nearly transparent makes it look more like a watermark than an actual word you want the viewers to see. For a banner, both the words and image are just as important as each other and i think the artist needs to actually "show" the word rather than stuff it somewhere in the corner. The lighting is quite good as it gives off a very "warm" feeling . Overall i wouldn't say this is a very good piece but it has lots of room for improvement.

One BIG problem here that most people would know it by just looking at it. You.Can.Barely.See.The.Words. Even though it is good to some how make the words "blend in" to the image, in this case, the artist blended the image too much and since the main thing you want to see here is the words, it's not really good to use a dark colour font on a dark colour background. The background is impressive as it has a strong relation to the words but the fact that each different word has a different font , it is hard for a viewer to pick out and identify the words which is one big flaw to this banner. Overall, i think this banner is mediocre and doesn't stand out very much.

Your CC is great! Your art is still improving, but you obviously draw enough (to not only provide three examples) to grow more in art. Hope to see you grow more in time. Approved.
~Flawsie (Killmaster)
Nemo
Nemo

Number of posts : 260
User Points : 6452

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:01 pm

Form

Example 1 Example 2
Program(s) you use: PS CS4
Medium (What you do most of) Pencil, Paper, Color Pencils, Computer+Tablet
*Experience: Been drawing for about...15 years in total, I think. Only been dabbling with photoshop for a month or two :x

Onwards to the CC!

https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Kidcopy.jpg

Wow, I'm really impressed by the image as a whole. The pose and coloring is impressive. The ribbon in her mouth is a nice touch as well~

However, proportionally, it is lacking quite a bit. The upper torso is generally correct, but the lower torso, from the hip below, is way too small and short. So increase it by a head length or so~

The rib cage is also a bit too flat. As in, it should curve slightly outwards as it approaches the sternum. Atm, it's really straight, and as a result looks flat. So just curve it out a bit.

The dagger....It sorta looks like it was pasted on last minute without really any consideration to the whole design scheme. Rarely does anyone put it right in front of their crotch. Moreover, it really isn't as detailed as the character. Hence, it looks like it was added last minute. Just pay extra attention to accessories next time, and draw them with great care, as they can make or break a character design :x

Overall, a really great character design!

https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Tenissswingcopy.jpg

I'm loving the action in this picture. Showing the stance of her preparing for the shot alongside the picture of her hitting the ball really adds to the "power" of the image. :) The clothing creases are also nicely detailed according to the movements, so that's great! :D

However, there are a few things that can be done to add to the "power" of her shot.

Draw more speed lines, on the ball, and on the girl's arm. The best way to emphasize the speed and power of the swing is to draw an arc of speed lines originating to the preparation stance to the follow through arm only. It will isolate the arm, and as a result, makes everything seem "slower" due to the overwhelming speed and power of her stroke. Having the ball with many speed lines will also further add to the effect~

Oh, and lastly, draw the arms and details with greater care~ Pay close attention to how you draw hands especially. The fingers here are kinda like big sausages~ haha. Well, I guess it could be your style of drawing, but if you want to draw it more realsitically, then be sure to study up on hands. Looking at reference pictures or your own hands is a great way to do so!

Anyways, the whole picture is great though, I'm loving it so much :)

Your CC is great and your art is spectacular! It's good enough that I'll forgive you for disturbing me while playing nazi Zombies. Approved
~Flawsie (Killmaster)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth James Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:15 am

Form

Example Uno Example Two
Program(s) you use:
~MSPaint Underground
~GIMP
~Photoshop CS3 Extended
~Picnik Downloadable Extended
Medium (What you do most of)
Digital Signatures (AQW or not), + Photoshop Brushes.
*Experience:
~Ex Head Artist of GoD
~Two years of MSPaint Underground, and when my limit peaked, I allowed other Image software to my computer, and for the past year I've made the following:
http://twitpic.com/photos/DJamesAnderson

CC #1: I personally love how the character blends with the background, let's hope it was intended, because it took awhile to visualize it, the only thing I disliked about this work is the size and choice of the text, for one, it seems too bold to even be with something as elegant like that, and I don't feel the "Energy" that you imply when the text is that small. Otherwise, great use of effects, I liked it.

CC #2: Whoever this "Nova" is, he's a lucky guy, this signature has one of the most beautiful uses of warm colour mixtures I have seen yet, obviously this piece took you quite some time. I absolutely loved everything you did here, except the orb-structures, they are fitting for a lens-style image, but not this. Remove the orbs, and that'll be a 12/10, :P .

EDIT: Fixed.

I cant open up either of your pieces there seems to be an error, could you try uploading them on tinypic and giving that url, that might work, thank you ~Icey
Darth James
Darth James

Number of posts : 30
User Points : 5482

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth James Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:35 am

Fixed 'er.
Darth James
Darth James

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:48 am

I would like to note that James used the Shaymin from here, and did not give credit as asked from the original creator.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth James Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:19 am

Wow, nice render site, but sadly, I din't use it. I rendered it myself.
Darth James
Darth James

Back to top Go down

Post by Arrakis Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:36 am

Form

Example 1 || Example 2

Program(s) you use: The GIMP
Medium (What you do most of) Hand-drawn digital
*Experience: I’ve been drawing pencil-to-paper as far back as I can remember, and working with a tablet straight to the computer for about two years now.

Constructive Criticism:

https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Kidcopy.jpg
Overall, I can tell there’s some really solid talent behind this drawing, so kudos! On to the critique: I realize this may be down to the particular anime style you’ve used, but some of the anatomy seems a bit off. Her waist tapers down far too narrowly – it’s not even as wide around as her head. As a result, the rest of her body from there on down continues to be far too small for her head, arms, and upper torso. Again a style issue, but the largeness of the eyes and the smallness of the mouth seem far too exaggerated. You clearly have the anime style down, but study real people, too, and don’t stray too far from real proportions. The picture strikes me as a work-in-progress – I can see some body lines behind her clothing and hair. The dagger and its sheath seem not to be latched to her belt, but simply stuck to her front. As far as costume design, I’m a bit puzzled – is she meant to wearing underwear with just a few scraps of clothing on top? And I’m not sure if this was meant to be critiqued, but the text around the picture seems to have been inexpertly slapped on in Paint, with no consideration for its aesthetic value (in a real situation, this would strike me as a hallmark of art theft).

I assume this was meant to be the same character twice, displaying movement. An admirable attempt, but really it looks more like two different people. For one thing, the figures both have the same amount of weight – making the hindmost one partially transparent might have given it a better sense of a moment past. The foremost figure also seems to have two different poses at once, further confusing the viewer. Furthermore, there seems to be little consistency in the character’s face and hair between the two figures. As far as the drawing itself, firstly, the grey outline really isn’t working; I’d have gone with straight black. The outline should perhaps also be thinner, and the lines cleaned up more. The eyes in particular need some work – remember that the whites of the eyes and the highlights should not be the same colour as her skin. You may also want to consider differentiating the pupil of the eye from the iris, but that’s more of a style concern. Speaking of the style, that itself is off to a good start, but needs practice. I think you’re going for an anime style, so study your chosen medium to see how things are done there, but don’t forget to also study real humans for a sense of their proportions. Keep up the good work!

Very nice examples and good criticism. Thank you!

Approved ~Rage
Arrakis
Arrakis
Pirate King

Number of posts : 23
User Points : 112406

Back to top Go down

Post by The Isa Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:04 am

Form

1 2
Program(s) you use: GIMP
Medium (What you do most of): I've done basic stuff on gimp for a while, cropping etc. but i've recently started using GIMP properly and have some decent stuff as shown thanks to alot of tutorials most of my stuff is based on an abstractedness kind of style.
*Experience:GIMP a year on and off but drawing in general aslong as I can remember I guess.]

Sorry, not approved. One of your links isn't working, and you need to provide constructive criticism. Try again.
The Isa
The Isa

Zard : Gallery Approval Thread! - Page 4 Defaultpet
Number of posts : 25
User Points : 6243

http://www.loreforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4