[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Advanced Role-playing Approval Thread

+12
Shadz
Lady Morri
Felix
Katherine
Judge ZYellowFlash
Juliana
Robaldo
Peregrine
Bram
Erik
Arch Fiend
Xusha
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Advanced Role-playing Approval Thread Empty Advanced Role-playing Approval Thread

Post by Xusha Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:37 am

The concept here may be hard to grasp at first, as it has never been done in TR before. By opening this thread, you wish to become an Advanced Role-player. This has been slightly altered, in case you have already become approved. The former Advanced is now Intermediate, and the Basic/Intermediate is now basic. Consider this approval for the cut of the crop. The approval process here is rather simple. I will be throwing out a completely acceptable Role-playing starter, and for approval you must contribute, to some sense. It may take more then one reply for you to gain approval, but do note that the Admins, Pere, and myself will be keeping an eye on this thread for the approving process. None of your Role-plays have been altered in any way. Thanks for reading. Due Do note that we are also looking for creativity, actual Role-playing (See Here)
If you have any questions at all, don't be afraid to post them here.
This is not the place for questions.

The hour was early. Xusha had arrived at the Yulgar’s Inn, worn out and tired. She was reassured by the shouts and laughter that she had heard from the outside, however. After a long day of her new experimentations in the dark arts, she needed only one thing; to change her mood with drink. She pushed open the door of the Inn, and she looked to her left and to her right and watched as the rest of the world celebrated. A faint smile appeared on her worn out and stressed face. She sighed fondly, for once not looking at the ignorance around her, as for once it did not bother her. She could benefit greatly from the ease of the setting and warm atmosphere without being asked why she appeared ill. What's better than a bunch of drunks to remain unnoticed? The young woman sat at the bar slowly, since no tables were free. The sun was rising and the revelers came to rise.

“I’ll have a Bloody Mary. Please, do not be too stingy on the vodka....”

She gave a little smile to be polite and laid the gold on the counter with a small bonus to ensure that Yulgar would add a sufficient amount of vodka, as she was known to be a heavy drinker. Nothing was better for Xusha than a drink with lots of vodka and a celery stalk to fill the picture.

*Finally… It is far from quiet, but it doesn’t hurt to get out of that grotto from time to time...*

She waited for her glass and turned to alcohol consumers who had perhaps taken too much beer. She put her elbows on the counter and watched as the people laughed themselves to tears and at times took merriment in insulting one another. The atmosphere was truly present, which was normal for a Friday night. However, due to her appearance, Xusha had no fear of being approached by a male in heat. The combat boots and her tattered robes did not make her seem delicate, and a very unsexy bonus, she smelled like a corpse. Xusha looked almost like a marionette among lively men and women who seemed to only flirt with one another. If Yulgar had not already met her in the past, she would likely have been asked to leave. She tilted her head slightly to the side while observing the men and women play.

*Why do they act this way? Well, could it be their parents were like this? I find this lot rather amusing. Perhaps I should introduce myself to some of them? *

Xusha imagined arriving to a table filled with women that were considered “Normal”. Heavy makeup, long, extravagant hair and soaked in perfume. This image made her shiver in both resentment and a deep envy. How was appearance the sole factor in determining one’s social status? Xusha was beautiful naturally, but she did not overdue it. She sighed, turning to the counter since her Bloody Mary had arrived.

Last edited by Xusha on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Xusha
Xusha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Zard : Advanced Role-playing Approval Thread 3359xqb
Number of posts : 1130
User Points : 427907

Back to top Go down

Advanced Role-playing Approval Thread Empty Re: Advanced Role-playing Approval Thread

Post by Arch Fiend Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:03 am

A young lady is sitting alone in the back of the inn as she always does, gazing at the people who sit and drink happily and normal in there thankfully short but happy life’s. Watching them she sees the regulars, usually the most drunk and loud they are hear every day from morning till its nearly morning again, unless ones wife comes after them. She sees the upper-class chatting about everything that doesn’t matter and things that they can waste there money on again. The gossipers who sit so close to each other pointing and laughing at everyone as they tell stories about each and every one of the customers, usually lies.

She herself a newcomer to this town (and world) dressed in a long white jacket with a white undershirt, the jacket has a long collar rising to her eyes and 2 flaming dragons down the sides both red and blue. She glows with an unnatural cleanness that she would probably be the center of attention if she wasn’t in the shade. She lays on her booth with her back against the wall now looking at the girl who’d just walked in, who’s unlike the others in both appearance and psyche.

Wanting to know more about this person she scrounges around with her hand on the floor looking for something small with a some mass but only a light one, she eventually find a small pebble probably kicked in and been laying there for much over a year taking in consideration the bar owner probably only cleans that often. Its small yet just heavy enough to impact the young ladys cloak hard enough to feel like a tap, and taking aim, throws and hits her mark on the back of the girls (xusha’s) cloak. She plans to look away until the girl turns around, then she will wave and offer her a seat.

Not approved. I have not seen enough to approve you yet. I am not denying you, I am simply going to engage your character and test a reaction out of you. Most people won't get approved in one message anyway, so don't feel bad. I do suggest you improve some slight grammar issues, but you are doing well enough. I also suggest the usage of the past-tense. ~Xusha
Arch Fiend
Arch Fiend
The Epic Knight
The Epic Knight

Number of posts : 334
User Points : 83805

Back to top Go down

Advanced Role-playing Approval Thread Empty Re: Advanced Role-playing Approval Thread

Post by Erik Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:35 am

Just outside of the town of Battleon, a tall Leprechaun was walking leisurely along. His last small heist was a complete success, but he always would lie low a while, just in case. He entered the forest as a temporary hideout, and sat down against a tree stump. Unfortunately, this was no ordinary stump as the Leprechaun Erik fell into it, being rapidly consumed by the wood. When he finally broke completely through the surface, he was in a large tree-like area, and just down some stairs was a sleeping Basilisk. The smell permeating his nostrils was of cherries and licorice, known to often come from poison. As he crept slowly backwards, his eyes landed on a small chest under the Basilisk.

"Maybe I can make a little profit off of this." Erik whispered to himself.

He slowly sneaked towards the Basilisk, and referred to his lessons in pressure points. He had a chance to get one in the neck, and temporarily paralyze this beast.

"How different could a Basilisk be from a snake anyways?"

As he neared the creature, he took out his rusty old dagger, and turned it sideways, to hit the Basilisk with the flat edge. The creature started to stir a little, so the only thing to do was to take a whack right at the neck. The creature slumped down, and Erik's luck kept him going again. Erik shoved at the beast, and just managed to knock it off of the chest it was guarding. The chest seemed to open just for him, and inside was a beautiful blade named Glimmerstorm, with a scabbard as well. The blade felt balanced, and cut straight through an apple he took out of his pack. With the sword on his belt, Erik carried on to the town of Battleon to celebrate his gain. Basilisks are smart creatures though, and they remember everything they see though. Erik spotted the Inn, which surely must have a bar as well, so he entered casually.

Not too bad so far. As with Arch Fiend, we're going to need to see a little more from you before you get approved. The only thing I can see importantly wrong with this is that you don't use enough detail. What does your character look like? I know he's a leprechaun, but what is he wearing? In addition, what class of sword did you find? Is it a bastard sword? A short sword? A katana? Leprechauns are small, so they can't rightly go around using things like claymores properly. Therefore, it's important to give more detail on things like that. ~Peregrine

I agree wholeheartedly, that has always been my issue with writing xD

Last edited by Erik on Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:02 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Comments.)
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Zard : Advanced Role-playing Approval Thread M9vzwh
Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045548

Back to top Go down

Post by Bram Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:11 pm

Bram stared at the door to the inn. it wasn't often that he indulged himself in the human art of what is most commonly known as 'drinking,' but today was a special day, and he was sure that a table had already been filled with his closest friends.
It was his birthday, and Bram knew he was going to feel it in the morning.
He sighed and opened the door. Peering around the corner, he noticed six tables with people seated at them, and one person at the bar. At one was a group of three solitary men playing a game of cards. Another held two people with their arms locked in a pointless battle of strength, with many people shouting and cheering around them, Bram noticed the occasional exchange of money. The others contained mostly generic drunk men with an occasional woman.
Bram recognized the lady at the bar as Xusha, but she was the only member of the clan that he saw.
He reached into his pocked at pulled out a small, torn sheet of parchment. On it was scribed the words 'Ten o'clock at Yulgars on the fifteenth' in the messy handiwork that could only belong to Weena.
He walked over to the bar and seated himself three stools away from Xusha. Yulgar walked over to him and leaned an elbow on the beer-stained counter. "What can I get for ya?"
"It's the sixteenth, isn't it." Bram muttered, staring at a spot on the wall.
"Certainly is, why do you ask?"
"My birthday was yesterday, I missed the party." Bram replied, dejected.
Yulgars eyebrows slanted outward, making his face seem unusually round. "Have on on the house, then. Birthday boy." he grabbed a cup and reached for the barrel that was filled with peppermint ale, the only drink that Bram ever ordered. "It happens to us all, ya know. The more years you get the more your memory goes. How old are ye?"
"Seven thousand, eight hundred, ninety nine..." Bram said.
Yulgar's face twisted in concern.
"And one day..." He added, glumly.
"Are you sure you're OK?" Yulgar hesitated.
"I'm immortal, it gets boring after a while."
"I... See..." Yulgar slowly handed Bram the glass of ale. "Well... I'll leave ye to yer drink then, call me if ya need anything." He said as he walked off to attend to the table of people arm wrestling. Apparently someone had cheated, although Bram had no idea how.

He stared up at the stars. Looking on towards the infinite number of worlds. He could visit any of them any time he pleased, and life here was boring. That's the thing about being a Mage, you can go wherever you want, whenever you want, and no one would question your motives.
It was even more simple with Bram's uncanny ability to... Travel, that he had known as tessering for as long as he could remember. He was one of a kind, but being along was... Well, lonely.
He heard Xusha exit the inn and start walking back to the stronghold.
With any luck she won't notice me... Bram thought to himself, he didn't really care if she saw him or not, said anything or not. No one ever stuck around.
"Bram?"
Crap... But it was an inconvenience.
"Stargazing, I see." She looked up at where he was staring. A large black expanse, devoid of stars or planets. "What are you looking at?"
Bram remained silent, for a time. Unmoving. After what seemed like an eternity, and Xhusha showed no signs of leaving, he decided to make a vague explanation. "Home." Christ... That probably wasn't the best thing to say... He scowled, hoping Xhusha wouldn't inquire further into the matter.
Instead, she just stared. First Bram thought she was trying to see what he was looking at, but then he realized she was staring at him.
"Well, goodnight." She said, and walked off into the darkness.
Bram let out an exhale. I thought she would never leave.

This could do with some work. First of all, you bunnied Xusha's character. Role-playing is not collaborative fiction. You only play your own role, not Xusha's. By using Xusha's character, you broke one of the most important rules of role-playing. Furthermore, just like what I pestered Erik about, you need to include some detail about your character. Also, you posted your sig. Not a huge deal, but I thought I'd point that out anyway. The only other thing I can see is your paragraphing. If I were you, I'd put some space between paragraphs just so that it's not a huge wall of text. Aside from that, it's not bad. Still, I'd suggest reading Role Playing: A Beginner's Guide (I don't mean to offend you with the name, but I think you might get some value out of it anyway) before you retry. ~Peregrine

Question; Should I re-post when I've edited it a bit, or just edit this post?

You should make a brand new post as the RP plot continues. I'll make a post right now to advance it for you. ~Peregrine

Last edited by Peregrine on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:00 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Comments.)
Bram
Bram
Insane Mage
Insane Mage

Number of posts : 372
User Points : 23713

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:33 am

There was a fizzle. The inn became quiet as steam began to form in the middle of the tavern. Small red lines of magic began to descend from the sky. They intertwined themselves, forming a red diamond above a table that had three people seated around it, all of whom rose without delay and proceeded to scurry away. One of the tavern wenchs screamed and dropped the tray of beverages she had been carrying, before diving behind the counter where Yulgar was calmly polishing a tankard.

She must have been new here.

The steam began to gather around the diamond, and the fizzling became far more distinguished. The diamond began to grow rapidly, gaining in both dimension and depth. Soon, it was big enough to fit a puppy in, then a dog, and then finally a person. There was one person in particular this portal had in mind. Those of the inn's patrons who were less than regulars gave a start as a foot stepped out of the portal, planting itself upon the oak wood floor. Following the foot was an arm, which then bent and grabbed onto the side of the portal as if it were made of material, and then finally came the head of a man who was pulling himself out into the inn.

"Hello!" He greeted cheerily. "I just love meeting new people! For those of you unfamiliar in my work, I am The Juggler, and I-"

The man stopped his sentence abruptly to finish pulling himself out of the inn. He now no longer just had one foot in the inn, but two. For the first time, those just meeting him were able to get a good look at him. At his black shoes and matching black pants with stars on them. At his similarly decorated purple vest. At his white dress shirt underneath that. At his purple, swirling cape. At his pale white skin, his yellow eyes, and his blond hair that was both wavy and spiky.

"-Juggle."

To emphasize his point, the man reached into the brown satchel at his side and pulled out three brown leather balls and began to juggle them in the air. As he did so, the portal behind him closed and began to dissipate. The smoke vanished precipitously. The red diamond contracted once more until it was again a mere several red lines, which flowed into The Juggler's cloak and disappeared entirely.

"So," inquired one inn patron. "You... Juggle?"

"That's right," replied The Juggler enthusiastically, his charisma never dropping. "I'm also a part time conjurer. Well, not part time. It's more of a hobby really. Well, not a hobby. It's more of a self defence thing really. You know what they say! The best defence is a good offense. And let me tell you, my summons can be very versatile in that regard."

The Juggler's voice dropped dramatically.

"Want to see?"

"Uhhhh... No thanks," replied the inn patron before backing away.

The Juggler accepted his reply, both by returning his cheeky grin to his face, as well as by removing his attention from the man and choosing instead to sit at the bar and face Yulgar.

"Yulgar, my good man. It’s been too long! How are you? I'll have a-

The Juggler cut his formalities short as a glass in front of him caught his eye.

"Disregard that, I seem to have a drink here already."

The man picked it up, held it under his nose and took a sniff.

"Now, who would leave a perfectly good Bloody Mary here without taking a single sip?"

You have small grammar errors here and there, but overall it is very good. Just make sure you proofread it completely to avoid small errors such as saying wenchs rather than wenches.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Zard : Peregrine's rock.
Number of posts : 2007
User Points : 750546

http://twitter.com/PerryPeregrine

Back to top Go down

Post by Xusha Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:20 am

Xusha walked back into the Inn casually, her tattered robes getting caught in the door and tearing slightly. Xusha sighed softly, noting how embarrassing this was. She searched the Inn for awhile, looking for her Bloody Mary, as she had left it there. She looked at the young man who just entered through a portal, and the events after, and she watched as he went to the counter to apparently order a Bloody Mary. She wasn't impressed by his entrance, so she looked and began scouting the persons within the Inn, in search of her drink. She then looked back as the young man had in his possession a Bloody Mary now. She thought to herself "What kind of male likes that kind of mixture? Though... Yulgar is really getting quick with the mixing.." It was not too common to see a male with a Bloody Mary in an Inn, as most of the revelers preferred the good old beer, as it was more sufficient to get drunk at a quicker pace, and at a much lower cost. Xusha did not intend to bother the young man, as he seemed calm and simple. This would be rare in a bar-goer, but still possible, meaning it was nothing alarming. She looked at him from head to toe, her eyes half closed, and not too concerned or surprised that the young man may detect her presence, and thus look back.

*He is either probably already really drunk, or he is just really desperate... Or maybe he's bored, despite the atmosphere being so pleasant...*

Xusha then realized that nobody else in the Inn was in possession of a Bloody Mary due to a quick scan of their chosen drinks, leading her to the conclusion that the Bloody Mary in the juggler's hands was obtained from her own money This was not exactly what had bothered her, though. Her biggest concern was that this man seemed so calm with it in his possession, even though it was clearly hers. After thinking to herself for a few moments for a reasonable way to respond, she decided to approach him.

"Is this supposed to be funny...? This is in fact my Bloody Mary... Fresh tomato juice, an extra dosage of vodka and naturally some Tabasco... This has to be mine, because Yulgar is very stingy with his vodka, and yet I can smell the amount of vodka from here. You are holding the only Bloody Mary in the entire Inn, so I would suggest that you give it back. I wouldn't want to give Yulgar a reason to ask me to leave."

She had a completely serious expression, as she reached for something within a leather pouch, as her smile slowly vanished. She also reached for her glass that was still in the juggler's hand. She closed her eyes for a few moments, thinking that the young man would order his own glass and leave his comments and thoughts on the matter. Simultaneously, she was hit by what appeared to be a stone. Her facial expression slightly changed, becoming more angry. She looked behind herself a moment, until she saw a young lady motioning for her to come to the table she sat at. She smiled slightly for a slight moment, before it too vanished, and she motioned for the girl to come to her if she had something to state.

*Another drunk... Possibly. Or they realize the growing tension. Why else would someone wish to chat with me with my current appearance? If they truly wish to chat, they would come to me... I haven't even gotten my drink. This jester must be a party animal... He should play during the nights, not steal drinks... He must have a good life anyway, naive and unrestricted...*

Last edited by Xusha on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Xusha
Xusha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Robaldo Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:14 am

Having finally slept off his hangover from the day before, Scar decided to go down to Yulgar’s for another drink. Walking through his maze of a room, Scar finally found his door. Pulling on his harness as he walked, he slowly walked up to the door. Reaching over to the hook on the wall, he grabbed his cloak and hood, and tucked them under his arm for later use. With a yawn, Scar opened up the door and walked onto the roof of TR castle. Stretching his black wings, the fallen angel began to walk to the edge of the roof. Stopping at the edge of the roof, Scar decided to look down upon the ground.
“Man, it would suck if I actually hit the ground this time.”
Without another glance, Scar took a small jump forward, and plummeted towards the ground. Right before his feet hit the ground; Scar flared his wings, and took off into the sky.

Looking down from the clear, blue sky, Scar quickly found Yulgar’s inn. Locating a suitable dark alley nearby the inn, Scar tucked back his wings and dove towards the ground. As soon as Scar had passed by the top of the nearby buildings, he opened up his wings and slowed his descent. Landing quietly upon the pavement, Scar folded his wings closed, and began to put on his usual attire, his cloak and hood. Walking out of the alley, Scar felt a disturbance, in the air.
“What the hell was that?”
Weighing the cost and benefits of going off to go see what the disturbance was, Scar decided it would be better to jus go drink.

Walking into the bar, with as much indifference as he could muster, Scar seated himself at the bar, as far from anyone else as he could. Taking out a bag of gold, he laid it on the counter and waited for Yulgar to bring him his usual, two bottles of amaretto, and a bottle of straight rum. As Scar drank the rum, and used the amaretto as a chaser, he soon felt the disturbance again. Looking around, his eyes finally came to rest on the man, who looked like a fancy clown, who was being yelled at by Xusha, for stealing her drink.
“So that guy is the disturbance? Oh well, it doesn’t concern me. All that concerns me is my drink.”
Looking back at his bottles, he noticed both of them were empty.
“Damn, now I got nothing better to do, then bug him, this is not how I wanted to spend my day off.”
Looking back at the clown, Scar slowly walked up and proceeded to ask, “Hey man, you look funny. If I buy you a drink can you explain to me why you stole her drink?"

Great post here, Rob. Nothing much to say really. One minor detail detail you left out was the colour of your cloak and your hood, but one can make the assumption that it's black. You posted your sig. There's a typo here and there. A letter missing from a word, a comma where it shouldn't be, but overall I don't see anything wrong with it. I'd like to see at least one more post like this before I approve you. ~Peregrine

Last edited by Peregrine on Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:54 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Comments.)
Robaldo
Robaldo

Number of posts : 113
User Points : 7174

Back to top Go down

Post by Bram Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:44 am

"Ugh..." Bram sat up and rubbed his head, "What happened..." He looked around at the windowless black walls of his bedroom.

Because you apparently don't remember, you went to Yulgars last night, had a glass of peppermint ale, went outside, came back in a few hours later, sat down, had six more rounds of ale, then came back here. The sound of Greg's thoughts reverberating through Bram's head made him fall face-first out of bed onto the cold, marble floor.

"Seven glasses of peppermint ale..." He mumbled as he stood up and groped around with his eyes half opened for a cup of water. He had always kept a small cup of water on the wooden stand near his bed, along with a glowing sphere of contained light and his gauntlet.

After taking a few sips, he looked down at his light grey night clothes. Flicking his wrist, the small door in the corner of his room opened to reveal a set of dark-blue-stripped black Mage robes, which he then tessered into. He had found that by tessering instead of changing clothes, he saved approximately three minutes a day of his time, which added up to twenty one minutes a week, and about an hour and twenty four minutes a month.

He pulled his sleeves strait and said "Later." over his shoulder to Greg as he stepped through a forming portal leading from the small room in the Void to the vast hallways of TR.

Where are you going? Greg poked his head out of the portal.

"The lake, nothing ever happens at the lake."

Then why go there?

"For exactly that reason." Bram started walking away as the portal closed.

~
The morning was silent, Bram sat on a rock overlooking the lake. He inhaled, then exhaled. Inhale, exhale. Opening his eyes, he noticed a pebble on the stone in front of him. Lifting it with his mind, he shot it out across the lake. He watched as it skipped once, twice, thrice, four times over the clear surface. Creating small waves in the translucent pool.

He started humming a soft tune, rocking his head back and forth. After a few minutes, he opened his eyes. "That was relaxing." he said as he stood up, yawning. "I should do this more often, clear my mind."

Starting his walk back to the stronghold, Bram realized that he should probably go apologize for missing his birthday party. "Wouldn't want anyone to think I died." He stated sarcastically. "That's probably the last thing anyone would think."

This is leagues better than your last post. Glad to see you're putting effort into this and taking my suggestions. I'd like to see one more post of this quality before I approve you. ~Peregrine

Last edited by Peregrine on Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:37 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Comments.)
Bram
Bram
Insane Mage
Insane Mage

Number of posts : 372
User Points : 23713

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliana Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:38 am

I need you to know
I'm not through the night
Some days I'm still fighting to walk towards the light

Some hours before Bram's post...

Night hung heavy over the Inn. Downstairs, the Juggler moved among the regular drinking patrons. It was close on midnight before DragonLord Juliana Marie Sundry the Third woke in the upstairs room she still maintained regardless of how many other places she could and did spend her nights. She opened her vividly verdant eyes blearily, and more or less peeled her tall, slender form out of the warm spot in her bed. Bare feet, pale like the rest of her skin, met the cold hardwood floor with a muffled thump. Juli sat on the edge of her bed for a moment, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, then stood with a groan that sounded far older than a maiden of her sixteen-odd years should have been capable of. As she shambled weakly over to the small washbasin in the corner of the room, fragments of too-vivid memories flashed through her head.

A cherished friend, her body broken on the ground in a pool of blood. The look on a beloved sister's face at the news that the unthinkable had happened. Home, destroyed. The man who brought all this and more upon the world dead at Juliana's feet, his achingly familiar face strangely peaceful for that of one who had died at the hand of his best friend.

In the present, the teenage healer vomited into a bucket she kept next to her washbasin. When the memories and the nausea that accompanied them were gone, she washed her hands and face clean of any trace of what had just happened. Clean, to start the workday. Clean, to hide what was becoming of her.

She caught a glimpse of her own face in the mirror, her long brown hair in total disarray, her face even whiter than usual and twisted into an uncomfortable grimace, and immediately below that that her thin, simple white nightgown with the high, loose collar she had sewn into it to hide the cruel pink slash of a scar across her throat. I hate these episodes... she thought dully. She had been forced to live through a lot lately, and as usual her mind was tossing up the old scars to compare with the new ones that had just breached her mind. It'd drive me to drink, if I didn't find alcohol so utterly repulsive.

Still, Juliana Sundry had to face the day--or rather the night--ahead of her, the same as anyone else. There was nothing to be gained by trying to avoid it, so she turned to her small wardrobe and drew out a long, modest pink robe like the ones she wore on most days. She dressed quickly: stripping off her nightgown and placing it in her pack in case she slept somewhere else tomorrow; pulling her robe on and fastening it properly with quick, deft motions; sliding a pair of sandals onto her feet and fastening them quickly with a spell (otherwise they fell off far too easily); tying a cape around her neck to hide her scar; and finally looking back into her mirror and arranging her hair into her usual neat ponytail. Then she swished out of the room, her face set into a grim mask despite her otherwise-perfect appearance.

I hate having to face the drunks...

I need you to know
That we'll be okay
Together we can make it through another day

I'm not going to say it was a completely perfect post, because it was not. You did, however, really give the little details that really make the situation fit together. There were areas that I personally did feel as if had complete flow, but other then that, I see little to no mistakes, and you've made a post without too many corny cliches, as is the norm these days. I look forward to seeing a second post, so I can approve you. Thank you for actually putting your time into this, as we can all see that by the end result. Oh, and the little lyrics at the start and conclusion are a nice touch, but make it feel more like a short story, at least to me. Still, it was a great read. ~Xusha
Juliana
Juliana
Storyteller!

Number of posts : 3679
User Points : 163931

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Fiend Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:13 am

The lady in white sits in her booth still, slightly disappointed that the young lady she had signaled turned down her invitation to chat. Though she could not blame her for having better things to deal with, like the theft of an expensive looking drink by a clown. Still just wanting to stay in the shadows she looks around the room seeing more ppl pack in, first a man whom she thought quite unsure of himself as he walked in then abruptly out being followed by the girl she had signaled. Then a odd looking fellow whom flashily magic’d himself into the bar stealing the young lady’s drink. And oddly on close examination a fallen angel who seems to be in the low point of his life for possibly more then the 1st time.

As steps are heard on the stairs behind her she sees a vary young lady in pink who appears to have oddly just woken up in this time of night. The young lady appears to have had a bad dream of something, coming down with a dissatisfied look on her face. “maybe just teen aged hormones.” She mentally laughed to herself seeing the girl finish coming down. "wonder if this is the usual crowd or if i really do have odd luck." she thinks to herself fallowing the pink dressed lady with her eyes, then goes back to watching the rather humorous bar fight she is predicting between the new funny dressed guest and the lady she found so interesting.

Xusha was the one planning to engage your character and get a reaction out of you, so I'll let her handle this one. I'm just explaining why I'm skipping past your post and moving onto Rob's. ~Peregrine

Last edited by Peregrine on Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Comments.)
Arch Fiend
Arch Fiend
The Epic Knight
The Epic Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Robaldo Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:58 am

Before the man that looked like a clown could reply to Scar’s earlier question, Scar felt an odd presence, the presence of a Dragon Lord.
“Ah, how many years has it been since I felt the presence of a Dragon Lord?”
Looking around the room, Scar’s eyes came to rest on several people that could have been the dragon slayer. The first one his eyes fell upon was that of a woman in the back. For several minutes, Scar had felt like someone was watching him and as he turned to get a closer look at the woman, he realized she had been looking at quite a few people in the bar of interesting character. Following her gaze to the newest person to enter the scene, Scar’s eyes caught the site of pink. Coming down the stairs was a young lady, with the gait of an old lady. Looking closely at the girl, Scar’s eyes began to view through her magic illusions. Unbelievably enough, the woman’s illusions were very powerful.

“What’s up with her? Usually I have no problem viewing through illusions.”
Taking a closer look, Scar began to see an outline through her dress. Focusing his eyes, Scar was finally able to make out what it was.
“Ah, so she is the Dragon Lord. I kind of expected someone more uptight, like the last one.”

After a few minutes contemplating whether or not the pink dressed woman would make any difference to what was going on with the clown, Scar decided she was of no importance to him and returned his attention to the clown. Looking directly at the clown, Scar yelled for the bartender to get a Bloody Mary just like the one the clown has. As soon as the bartender set the drink in front of him, Scar took it up. Without even looking or smelling to see if it was the same as the other, Scar switched the one in his hand with that of the clowns, and walked over to Xusha. Handing the Bloody Mary over to Xusha, he quickly walked back over to the clown before even waiting for a word from Xusha. Slowly approaching the clown from behind, Scar dropped one hand onto his shoulder and said, “Now that I got you a drink, you have to tell me why you would steal that lady’s drink anyway.”

~Approved~
This post is just as good as the last one. Your English may not be flawless, however, you'll find that no one has flawless English. Regardless of the odd typo, your posts are perfectly understandable and you've proved you know how to role-play. Keep up the good work, and welcome to TR's advanced role-playing forum. Congratulations on being the first one accepted!
~Peregrine

Last edited by Peregrine on Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Approval.)
Robaldo
Robaldo

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:45 pm

Hmm, The Juggler pondered silently. This character who's harassing me has robes that are stereotypically those of a practitioner of the dark arts. But what field? Necromancy? That's fairly common around here. Based on her robes, it wouldn't surprise me if she's just some push-over trying to look more dangerous and mysterious than she really is so that people leave her alone. Regardless, if she is a practitioner of the dark arts, she won’t want to draw attention to herself by attacking me. Besides, it's been a lifetime since I got anything from this inn for free.

Before he even had a chance to respond to his current new acquaintance, another one began bothering him.

"Hey man, you look funny. If I buy you a drink can you explain to me why you stole her drink?"

The Juggler didn't turn to regard whoever was behind him, assuming him to be some simple inn patron. Instead, he began to talk very fast. Not because he was nervous, but just to aid in his confusion tactics.

"So many questions! I don't know how I can answer them all. I'll start with the person who asked me first. My dear, this is by no means your drink. You know how I can tell?"

The Juggler left his inquiry to hang in the air for a moment, but just a moment, for he started back up again before anyone had a chance to interject.

"It's quite simply really. You said the tomato juice is fresh. This drink was sitting on the counter when I arrived. It may have been here for minutes, even hours! It is only as fresh now as it is yours. And, may I remind you, it is not yours at all."

Before The Juggler could reply to the newcomer, he heard yelling from behind him at Yulgar to get a drink exactly like the one he had found.

Congratulations on such a cunning ploy, The Juggler thought snidely. I certainly won’t see this one coming. Although I must say, your taste in women certainly has taken me by surprise.

The Juggler proceeded to begin to reply to the man's original query, but kept his gaze on the woman, so as not to be looking at his drink.

"Well my good sir. I would certainly love to re-explain myself for a drink. In fact, I can think of no better cause for a drink! As my grandfather always used to say-"

There as a slight thump nearby as the newly made Bloody Mary was set down on the table. The Juggler stopped talking and put on his best smile. A smile made even broader when the man from behind him presented the woman with her Bloody Mary, and then walked behind him with surprising speed and clapped a hand on his shoulder.

"Now that I got you a drink, you have to tell me why you would steal that lady’s drink anyway."

The Juggler didn't reply. He didn't feel the need to. Instead, he just reached into his leather satchel, and took out a third Bloody Mary identical to the other two. He set it on the counter next to the one the man had ordered him so that everyone might see the similarities between the two, and then snapped his fingers.

His smile became a toothy grin when the drink the woman was holding, the one the man had procured for her, turned to smoke in her hands.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Robaldo Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:56 pm

Looking over to where Xusha was standing, he saw that her drink had disappeared.
“Now man was that really necessary?”
Placing a large amount of gold on the counter, Scar asked for another drink same way as last time. Within a few minutes, the bartender had collected the gold and delivered the drink. Taking up the drink, Scar slowly walked over to Xusha and handed it to her. Walking back to the man’s side, he commented, “You know, I don’t think you have looked at me even once while either I was talking to you, or you were talking to me. Do you have a problem with my kind?” Reaching his hand into one of the sleeves of his cloak, Scar produced two feathers. One of the feathers was black, while the other was red. Setting down the two feathers in front of the man, Scar ordered another round of his favorites.
“You know what’s great about being a fallen angel? No matter how much I drink, I never become impaired. I may get a hangover in the morning, but at least it never affects me as it does to you humans.”

Taking the amaretto and rum that had finally arrived, Scar began to do as he always does, and use the amaretto to chase the rum. After a few minutes, Scar began to question the guy again.
“So man, what was the point of taking the drink I stole from you? I mean it was the exact same as the other, and I gave you one for free. Shouldn’t you of been happy with that?”
Robaldo
Robaldo

Back to top Go down

Post by Xusha Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:11 am

*Why am I experiencing this hesitation? This is unfortunate. It is better to know what you want to do, as opposed to being in a situation where I may need to reveal myself. Though something about this jester is strange, as I feel his darker side, but all these emotions show a human side... I'd imagine.*

Looking over to the jester once more, her irises a deep golden color, Xusha examined this figure once again. She knew that if she revealed herself in this location, she would never again be welcome, but she also knew that if she did nothing, then this man could assume that he could do whatever he wanted with her. Lost in thought, she hardly realized that the other man had bought her another drink.

*Alright... I know what I need to do. This will not make these people happy, but it will resolve this high tension, and perhaps I'll meet someone new...*

Xusha, still silent, looked now to the fallen angel. Someone so willing to reveal himself, and taking pride in what he was. She noted that he was nothing like her brother of sorts, Astaroth. Was he among those who had rebelled? This figure certainly had a dark origin, but Xusha knew better then to confront him on it. Falling into her own origins for a moment, she chose her next words in Latin, as it was more formal to those of angelic descent, and many did not understand it in this world.

"Gratias ago vos pro vestri suffragium." (Thank you for your assistance)

Realizing her choice of words only after she had spoke in the tongue, she knew that her next move would be crucial. She removed a precious stone from the same pouch that she had recently reached into. This stone, a Citrine, represented far more then simply a gift of wealth. Perhaps soon, this figure would comprehend it himself, but at this time Xusha took the new drink, and she promptly retreated to the table with the young lady who had previously motioned her. A tad uncomfortable with how she had handled things, Xusha thought that all of the attention she was getting would finally cease, as she did not want to reveal too much about herself at this time. Finally, after avoiding all of the drunks, she reached the table, and sat across from the lady, looking deep into her irises. She gave a bowing gesture, and smiled, though it seemed forced.

"Do you have news for me? Did Astarté send you?"
Xusha
Xusha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Robaldo Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:36 am

All of a sudden shivers ran down Scar’s spine. The feathers on both his body and wings began to quiver. Throwing all of his senses around the room, he let his intuition guide him. Finally taking a step back from the joker, he turned around. As soon as he had turned around he heard the soft language of Latin.
“Well, I’ll be a monkey’s uncle. Today just got interesting.”
Listening from the echoes of the voice, his ears directed him to the woman he had helped earlier. Looking closely, he saw two golden Irises. In only a second, Scar watched as the eyes made a slight down jag, slowly following the woman’s eyes, Scar beheld the sight of a citrine, in her hand. Slowly, Scar watched the woman walk over to a female sitting at a table by herself.
Ignoring everything he was going to ask the joker, Scar slowly strode over to the table and sat down with the two women. Sighing a bit as he focused on remembering the old tongue, Scar asked, “Abyssus meus amicus, es vos per lux lucis vel atrum.” (Hello my friend, are you with light or dark)

Quietly, Scar took out a small chain, out from inside his cloak. On the chain was a small pendent, with a red and black stone in it. Laying down the pendent and chain on the table, Scar asked, “vos es a volatilis unus, vox?”(you are a winged one, right?)
Robaldo
Robaldo

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:04 am

The Juggler picked up the two feathers on the table in front of him and began to twiddle them in his fingers. He dropped his act as his eyes displayed a look of mild interest for a moment.

My my, he thought. What have we here?

"Interesting," began The Juggler. "So what are these, the feathers of a scarlet tanager? You must be quite a bird catcher to have a scarlet tanager in your collection this far out! Very impressive."

Of course, The Juggler recognized the feathers, but the mask that was his personality would not allow anyone to know that.

Shame you went good enough of one to catch that last bird, he silently chuckled to himself.

"So man, what was the point of taking the drink I stole from you? I mean it was the exact same as the other, and I gave you one for free. Shouldn’t you of been happy with that?" Came the most annoying, yet most familiar voice from behind him.

"My friend, you must not understand how profitable my actions have come to be!" The Juggler began. "When I came into this inn, I had a grand total of no Bloody Marys. Now I have found myself with not one, but two! Both of which I obtained for free. What they lack in tomato juice related freshness, they more than make up for in tabasco!"

The Juggler spun around in his barstool to regard the man.

"And another thing! I... Erm, I erm..."

The Juggler looked stared into space for a moment before he was struck with the revelation that the fallen angel had already moved onto something new.

"Hmphf, some attention span," The Juggler said aloud to himself. "I was just getting started too!"

The Juggler's eyes darted around the inn, searching for those pests who had been bothering him earlier. Finally, they came to rest upon the familiarly unstylish robes of the push-over and another man with equally unstylish robes, who he assumed to be the man who had been acting tough earlier to impress the woman.

Wow. He followed her over there, The Juggler thought. How cute, and yet how pathetic.

The Juggler stared at the two for another moment, before returning to his drinks.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Fiend Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:14 am

The lady in white blinked, thinking how odd it is that there’s no such thing as privacy in this world she’s new to but that left her mind quickly after the fallen angel started speaking. "You two are celestial?" she inquired. "Oh well that doesn’t really matter to me, hehe. The companies nice, as well out of the ordinary." she went on. "Though if I were you I wouldn’t be starting bar fights regardless of where I am outside the kingdom, your type have many enemies id image." "I dont know who Astarté is, so he didn’t send me, nor news cuz we just met. I’m new here as you might implore."

The white haired lady began to examine them both, starting with there appearance, both of which looking as if they were leaning on poverty though obviously not with such jewelry. "why is it everyone looks like they’ve been dumped in mud in this world?" she asked humorously. then she noticed the one girl staring intently into her eyes, her new acquaintance eyes were a darker shade of yellow then her own, mostly because her eyes glow. "Any reason my eyes are so fascinating to you my friend? I know its rare to find humans with gold eyes but like I said I’m new here." she stared back.

Since Xusha didn't comment on your last post like I left it for her to, I will comment on this post now. The only thing I can see majorly wrong with your RPing is that you use a lot of short hand. I'd like to see you put more effort into your RP posts by not using any short hand before I approve you. ~Peregrine

Last edited by Peregrine on Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Comments.)
Arch Fiend
Arch Fiend
The Epic Knight
The Epic Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Robaldo Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:08 am

After listening to the words of the one in white, Scar felt enraged. How dare she, a human talk about the kingdom as if it were a safe haven. Looking closely into the woman’s eyes, Scar searched for a hint of insult. Finding none, Scar noted it as a human talking about something they know nothing about. Replaying things that had been said in the past few minutes, while waiting for the female angel to respond, Scar found something odd.
“The look that guy gave me, was not quite right. I may want to find out what is going on with him before I continue my questioning of this angel.”
Taking a closer look within his memory, Scar noticed the glint that had flashed across the guy’s eyes as he looked at the feathers.
“He can’t honestly think I wouldn’t see that?”

“Excuse me ladies, for I shall return.”
With a brisk turn, Scar walked over to the clown. Stopping right before him, Scar noticed an annoying body sign. Watching closely Scar quietly began talking in other languages, until he stopped on Latin.
“Pro nonnullus causa ego reputo vos mos agnosco is, sum ego vox?”(For some reason I think you will understand this, am I right?)

“Secundum vigilo vestri somes lingua, per speculum in angulus , ego have adeo conclusion ut vos reputo ego sum misellus , quod plurimus amo ut ego sum trying ut infigo quispiam. Volo vos scio ut solus res ego would umquam tutela super would exsisto sententia of alius volatilis unus.”(After watching your body language, through the mirror in the corner, I have come to the conclusion that you think I am pathetic, and most likely that I am trying to impress someone. I want you to know that the only thing I would ever care about would be the opinion of another winged one.)

Slowly turning around, Scar began to sigh.
“If you did not understand what I just said, or you want another drink then come to the table in the corner. I will be more then happy to talk.”
Walking away, Scar let off a small chuckle as he finally reached the table the two women were at.
“Sorry for walking away, I had something to do. Now let us continue our talk?”
Robaldo
Robaldo

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge ZYellowFlash Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:57 am

"What makes a person human?
Is it his heart?
Or his thoughts!
Needless to say I wouldn't care less if I'm a monster or human, because I'm a avenger, yeah!"
The childish rogue back sprout out wings the size of himself, which was decently medium sized. Talons grew out from his fingers, and his skin hardened.
He took off to flight, and got out of the void. But curiously enough he ended up in a town, as if fate predetermined this place.

"Been a while since
I came here...I don't recognize looking like this though, yeah!" The Rogue reverted back into a regular human, that looked absolutely harmless!
His eyes changed from crimson to pitch black, his clothes were revealed to be robes, and most importantly the wings dispersed into dust.
"I'm definitely a pedestrian, yeah!" The rogue searched for a place to stay...seeing how the void wouldn't welcome him back!
He clutched a knife from his pouch and threw it in a random direction. Surprisingly it hit a inn, Yulgar's Inn.

The Rogue walking up, looking innocently! Than opened the door and sat on a empty chair. It may have looked as if nothing happened from the exterior, but in the interior a fight had been brewed, and one thing was for sure it wasn't...friendly!
"Hey, old man I'll order two smoothies!" He yelled out. However those people, those dangerous people stared at me. Apperantly he didn't exactly fit in, how outrageous! The Rogue shot out a small bolt of lighting as a prank, for them drunken fellows.
Just to show how noisy alcoholic can be.

Not too bad. I'd like to see a post where you interact with other RPers before I approve you, though. ~Peregrine

Last edited by Peregrine on Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Comments.)
Judge ZYellowFlash
Judge ZYellowFlash
X-ninja

Zard : Advanced Role-playing Approval Thread Lumuszard
Number of posts : 339
User Points : 28069

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:11 am

It seems I have finally found the place I'm looking for... The Lair of the Great Red Dragon, Tresslia... I smiled and looked ahead into the dark cavern. I walked into it, using a simple light spell to illuminate the way, looking at the strange marking that became readable when I looked at them for awhile. They seemed to be in Draconic, telling the story on the life of the great one living in this Lair, each rune magically adding itself to the walls every single time the Great One acts. I am here to seek her aid once more, against the Tainted ones who came and corrupted most of our people... I am one of the last few, each seeking an a Great Ancient Elemental Dragon to aid us.

I headed deeper in to the cavern, reading more of the runes. She had done so much to help us in the past, but I fear her anger if she does not wish to aid us, for she may just incinerate me for disturbing her long, peaceful rest just for this...

I soon came to a large cavern and saw her sleeping on top of a huge pile of gold. She was a magnificent creature... One that I would have never believed till now, for I have seen her myself... I walked up to her sleeping form and spoke to her using my amulet, seeking her aid.

But I had not gotten any reply and just felt a tug before everything disappeared and I found myself outside a strange building. I entered it and realised I had just been brought to an Inn of sorts... One that I had never seen before...

I stood there, staring at the people from the doorway, extremely puzzled at why she had brought me to this place. Those people were just so random, so strange... Aren't they worried about the danger? Or had she brought me into a different world, one that was safe from the Tainted? letting me escape into a world so I may live in peace? No, that couldn't be right... She must have a reason for bringing me here, even if I do not know what she wanted me to do.

I took the chance and entered the Inn, finding myself a nice, dark corner and sat there, wondering why she brought me here and for what reason did she do so... Staying alone for the fear that they may not take too well with some stranger being here...

Why do you see the need to use three full stops all the time? Grammatical elements aside, as I said with Z above you, I'd like to see a post where you interact with other RPers before I approve you. ~Peregrine

Last edited by Peregrine on Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Comments.)
Katherine
Katherine
Guardian of the Innocence

Zard : Advanced Role-playing Approval Thread Underworldzard
Number of posts : 1633
User Points : 9142

http://karienpryde.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:41 am

MrSebi rapped his machete impatiently; he was getting annoyed; when he got annoyed, he got fidgety. He took a small sip of his soda, fresh when it had been ordered but long since flat. Looking around the inn, he could see drunkards talking amongst themselves, he could smell the heavy aroma of alcohol in the air, taste it on his tongue… he shuddered.
He had never really liked alcohol, even when he was young; he had preferred to stay lucid while his comrades drank themselves into a stupor. Some people thought that with a dislike such as his, he must have been allergic to the substance; it wasn’t the case, he simply disliked the taste. Likewise; out of all those comrades, he was the only one still alive… he knew when to take a hint.
Eyeing the clock in the corner of a bar, he gave a small scoff; it had been four hours since his arrival at this wretched tavern, four hours since his contact had asked to meet him here. Was this some form of mind trick? Or was the supposed ‘’Master of Shadows’’ that Sebi was to meet simply a buffoon?
‘’Regardless of what you may think, I am not a buffoon, and you would do well not to address me as one: MrSebi…’’
Sebi looked to the opposite side of the table, slightly amused to see a cloaked figure there, its pitch black cloak hiding the features underneath it.
‘’Do you have what I asked for?’’
The figure nodded and passed him a small leather bag.
‘’Do you have the money’’
Sebi grinned and tossed a coin purse to the figure, it picked it up and stared at it for a moment; then placed it in a pocket. The figure got up from its seat; nodded, then walked towards the exit. Sebi grabbed his machete and stood up.
‘’I forgot to mention one more thing…’’
The figure turned its head suspiciously and raised an eyebrow under its hood.
‘’What would that be?’’
MrSebi drew his machete into plain sight, its blood reddened blade shone under the dim light.
‘’You aren’t leaving this joint alive…’’

One minor improvement in writing, if I may suggest it, would be to space out paragraphs so that it might be easier to read. Aside from that, I'm going to tell you the same thing I told Z And Katherine. I want to see how you interact with other RPers before approving you. ~Peregrine

Last edited by Peregrine on Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Comments.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Fiend Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:59 am

"Well it’s nice to meet you both." said the lady in white while staring at the two new guests, a demon and some long lost creature. "nice to meet new people, I’m so fond of people really, though not as food, but there great conversation." she continues after taking a drink of her glass of bubbling rustic liquid and mentally stopping the lightning coming from the demon from hitting anyone while making everyone think they didn’t really see it, less troublesome that way. "Though you’re juggling friend over there, while he is indeed rude, and acts oblivious to his actions he just sees the world differently from you." she explains. "And something so small especially to you two shouldn’t been a reason for blood. Anyway you might find that your money stolen is money returned." she says winking at them.

"Now, I feel as though someone wishes to speak with us and doesn’t know it yet, and were suppose to ask her over to us, anyway the more people in our table the less likely we look out of the ordinary." she signals the young girl who had just entered the inn to come have a seat with the group she had organized while saying this to them. "I have a feeling that you might want to hear this from her.” Changing the subject while waiting for the lady to walk to them. “so what season is it?.” She smiles, then notices the man holding up his sword to anothers throat and fixes her gaze there.

Much better for short hand than the last post. There's still a few grammar mistakes here and there, but as I said with Rob, you seem to have RP down and that's what really matters. I'd like to see at least one more post this good before I approve you. ~Peregrine

Last edited by Peregrine on Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Comments.)
Arch Fiend
Arch Fiend
The Epic Knight
The Epic Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Robaldo Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:02 am

As Scar attuned his senses to that of everything going on around him, his sense of smell caught a slight surprise. Turning around to look into a far corner from his table, Scar began to shift his gaze from one patron to another. Under his gaze all but one of the patrons flinched.
“So that’s the one, huh? She smells like a dragon, interesting.”
Returning his gaze to that of the people at the table, Scar noticed that the white clad woman was motioning for the girl that smelled like dragon.
“Well it seems that I won’t have to invite any more people of interest over to the table.”
Just as Scar began to lose focus on everything again, he felt the after image of a magical attack. Even though someone had stopped it from hitting him, he still felt the energy left in the air.
“Pathetic creature, the energy out of that blast was completely stopped by that of a human, its power level must be miniscule.
Returning his focus onto that of roaming the room, he caught the sound of someone tapping on metal.
Looking to face the man, Scar noted that he was quite eager to be out of the tavern. Watching closely for a minute, Scar watched as a man in a cloak walked in and exchanged pouches with the other man. Right as the one that had came in second began to walk away, the other man jumped up and began yelling at him, all the while brandishing a machete.
“I don’t like where this is going.”
Taking out one of his black feathers, Scar effortlessly threw it at the man with the machete. Scar watched as the feather embedded itself into the wall next to where the man’s eye was.
“Put down your weapon kid, you don’t want to get in a fight at this bar.”
Robaldo
Robaldo

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge ZYellowFlash Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:16 am

"Oh, how intresting!" The Rogue giggled out loud.
That women wearing white, she nullified my bolt...Even if it was my weakest bolt!
A simple human shouldn't be capable of that! Now I'm intrested, since humans are absymal beings infront of a demon. The Rouge examined the field and spread countless invisible mines, but that wasn't the end of it! He setted up two wire traps that would trigger if anybody by chance touched it.

The Rogue was indeed impressed by how he made them look like a joke...With a feather! He knew that this wasn't a adverage moderm day human. After all, since the beginning of humanity humans were useless species infront of a demons eyes. However it seemed that these beings are no longer useless! But to be sure I would have to test out this individual and trust in fate for once.

"You sure are strong!" The Rogue said in sarcastic way.
The Rogue flinged a pair of knifes near where he stood and proceeded to the next stage of the plan. He than held him by the neck and chocked the person. Now...Lets see his reponse.
"What now!" He said, as his eyes turned crimson.

Looks okay. One thing I note is all the whole "countless invisible mines" and "two wire traps thing". Countless invisible mines would take a while, and it seems like you did it instantly in your post. You're almost approved, but you need a little more. ~Peregrine

Last edited by Peregrine on Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Comments.)
Judge ZYellowFlash
Judge ZYellowFlash
X-ninja

Zard : Advanced Role-playing Approval Thread Lumuszard
Number of posts : 339
User Points : 28069

Back to top Go down

Post by Robaldo Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:39 am

Letting this pitiful demon take him by the throat, Scar let off a sneer.
“Ha-ha, hello my little demonic friend, unfortunately for you I don’t need air.”
Shrugging his wings, Scar pulled off his cloak and threw it to the ground.
“You mistook me for a human didn’t you little demon? Now do you realize what you are dealing with?”
Letting his dark energy to begin to leak from his body, Scar pulled one arm back. With his arm cocked in an attack position, Scar let loose a mana enforced punch to the demon’s face. After impact, Scar watched as the demon flew into a wall and crashed onto the floor.
“Do you feel like continuing this fight little man? You should have paid closer attention to the feather I threw at the man with the machete.”
Flaring his wings into the most formidable look he could muster, Scar let off a scream as he let all of his dark energy wash out of him.
“It feels good to stretch my wings every now and again! Now do you understand? I am a fallen angel.”
Robaldo
Robaldo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next