[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Gallery Approval Thread!

+73
gryfinrider
Laken
Snukems
Wraith
Tim Hortans
SirValor
ObliviousEffect
Satus
PyroPuppy
Zyrain
Felix
Bram
LightningZStar
Alderos
Darre
Alanza
incinerator1
Thoru
Datshadow
The Legend Of Lore
Crystal Lion
Lavitz
Arch Fiend
Xusha
Wixmagic
Calvin159
DuckOfDuckness
Valosity
Draktand
Ampy34
The True Assassin
Altera
Peregrine
Hunter Reckoning
Seahawks
Chiyuki
Terrowin
GFXRandy
Atriax
Graarg
Lama
Jman228
Caeel
Walt
Shadow
Banned
Nagi
Lord Deathwing
5secondchaos
Viral
Lord Zombie
FRC
dannyandqwerty
Serena
Icey
Cano
Javiersito2
Aeonarial
Xieg
Charon
quocodile674
MaxSparks
Mash
Drwho
Rage
xSinfulSuicidex
rouge of shadows
Predatoree
Deathclaws
Pyronix
Winnie
Flaw of Insanity
V
77 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Gallery Approval Thread! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gallery Approval Thread!

Post by Seahawks Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:14 am

Form

Example 1 Example 2
Program(s) you use: Photoshop, Flash
Medium (What you do most of) Photoshop
*Experience: 1-2 years

CnC

Image 1:

A very well done tag at the most, but the top left corner is to distracting, i believe if you moved the brightness behind the head of the render it would bring out more of a focal. The text in the bottom right is also a bit distracting, but with a little smuding it could really blend well. I see no harm in the the top right text, but you may want to raise the size so it sticks out a little more. the colors of the render (especially the black) do not seem to blend well with the Background. all-in-all, this is a good tag, none the less.

Image 2:

The first thing i notice is that the fonts are different. That alone can just about ruin a tag. the second is that this seems to have no real focal whatsoever so it just lets my mind wander. as I said previously, the text "pyronix" could be raised in size by a little to bring it out more. the thing I love most about this LP is the beams coming out of the holes, the pure genius idea there was amazing. I believe this is a good tag as well.

Pretty nice CC, and I love your pieces.
Great work, and welcome to the Art Gallery!
Approved.
CtS~
Seahawks
Seahawks

Number of posts : 43
User Points : 9334

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:19 pm

I've always enjoyed your work. :)
While you did use the incorrect pieces to CC, you still CC'd them well.
Welcome to the Art Gallery!
Approved.
CtS~

Form

Example 1 (For a smaller one, see here.)
Example 2
(In hope Twitpic is acceptable :3)
Program(s) you use: Photoshop CS3, and Pivot 3.0 Beta (For positioning sprites in certain positions)
Medium: Photoshopping
*Experience: Year 7 Photoshopping training + A few months of test pictures (maybe it's a few weeks, but I'm a fast learner)

C/C:

Image 1
Really nice image, though the text in it is a little hard to see, and I'm not sure what the background is supposed to be. is he skidding on something? However, nice use of contrast and special affects. It really brings it together!

Image 2
Really good depth in there, and though cleverly added in, the words can be hard for some people to pick out. Nice work spriting the skateboard, though I can soo tell it's one of those small toy ones (yeah, my bro has one :P). Good blur on the skateboard, though that may just be the natural camera focusing watchmajiggy. The skateboard really stands out, and depending on your point of view, it could be in either a good or bad way. Perhaps the skateboard could be transferred to a cartoon one, and just be lonely on a cartoon skateboard ramp with all your current effects as the night sky. Epic job, though!

*Gulp* Moment of truth.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Reckoning Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:17 am

Form

Example 1 I like this one, but its very under advanced for me, and i used alot of the items on the paint feature on my laptop, but i think i couldve added some detail
Example 2 This one i used pixelmator onto an armor i found on the wiki, but i couldve looked at the patterns on the actual chaos symbiote armor, so could also use some improvement.
Program(s) you use: Pixelmator and paint
Medium (What you do most of) Armors
*Experience: Drawing before i learned how to write, best drawer in my drawing classes. Art classes every summer

~Enraged~
I actually like Example 1's style, and the editing job on Example 2 ain't half bad. Now you just gotta do that darn Constructive Criticism for the sample pictures, eh? When you get that done, I'll be happy to approve you.

Um, am I approved now?

Last edited by Hunter Reckoning on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:41 am; edited 3 times in total
Hunter Reckoning
Hunter Reckoning
Goggles
Goggles

Zard : Gallery Approval Thread! - Page 3 Thezard
Number of posts : 609
User Points : 15888

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:40 am

=V
Approved. From seeing other pieces you've done and the Zard sprite its easy to see you have a good handle on Digital Art and actually making your graphics "work." Welcome to the gallery!

Form

Example 1 Example 2
Program(s) you use: Photoshop CS4 Extended.
Medium (What you do most of) Signatures.
*Experience: One and a half years.

Give Constructive Criticism on the following images:

Image 1
Nice work here. The quality of the GFX is high and the colours are nicely defined. The text suits the general theme fairly well, although I personally do not think the placement to be particularly effective. In addition, "A Pyronix Production" requires too much straining to read. The c4ds are overused to the point where they create multiple focal points, which can be a really negative feature. I also think the reflection could do with some touching up upon. The reflection itself isn’t an overused theme in signatures, and I like the fact you're not going with the flow. I just feel as though it ends abruptly, as though it starts to fade and then someone ran an eraser along the bottom. Overall though, good job.

Image 2
This is another great piece, although personally I do not like it as much as the first. The first thing that sprung out at me about this piece was that the brushing seems fairly blurry. However, upon closer inspection I can make out some pixelation already occurring, so I understand why you didn't risk oversharpening it. The text: “Kaotic Toxic Hazard” is nicely blended, although it also looks a bit off centered to me. The main issue I have with this graphic is the word “Pyronix” in the bottom right corner. It stands out and I can see it is there, but it’s too small to actually be read without straining my eyes.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Zard : Peregrine's rock.
Number of posts : 2007
User Points : 750545

http://twitter.com/PerryPeregrine

Back to top Go down

Post by Altera Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:02 am

You have a great style, and you have good CC.
Welcome aboard!
Approved.
CtS~

Form

Hopefully deviantArt is alright

Example 1 Example 2
Program(s) you use:MS Paint originally but have now switched to Paint.Net, mostly to crop and resize images before I post them. The border in Example 2 was done in Paint.Net
Medium (What you do most of) Mostly pencil sketching like Example 1. I sometimes do pieces in colour eg Example 2 using watercolour pencils and studio brush pens.
*Experience: A few years sketching. I've only recently begun to use Paint.Net for editing so very little experience in that. Didn't do Art beyond Year 9.

CC

Image 1
Great work. I like how the image has depth and the beams of light are coming off at different angles, it adds some "realness" to the image. My main concern is with the text, the placement of "Toxic Hazard" does feel rather off-centre and does imbalance the overall image.

Image 2
It's a well proportioned image. I like how you've not made the design too elaborate and letting minor details like clothing creases and the roles light and shadow in the image give it depth. The image could do with a little cleanup to remove some of the pencil lines but is overall it is an excellent piece.
Altera
Altera
Crazy Awesome

Number of posts : 5783
User Points : 90239

http://argentis.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The True Assassin Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:50 pm

Form

• [url=http://]http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1261827655

Programme you use: Flash
Medium: Flash like above
Experience: I have been using Flash for 3 months. I also used to do edits in GIMP and Paint.net for a few months - this was last year in about june.

CC

Gallery Approval Thread! - Page 3 Verticaltuttagcopy
This is a really nice piece but due to the transparency of the reflection when placed on a white background it looks too faded. But as soon as I saw it on a different background it was fine. The problem with this is that you can not really tell what the image is supposed to be, this is due to the light that catches your eye and distracts you from the main picture. Because the C4Ds are the same colours as the rest of it it all blends into one image really. And to be honest I think this would look better making it into a background.

Gallery Approval Thread! - Page 3 Prototypetagedit2
I am quite doubtful about this piece because it is too similar and has no really lighting or source. If you look at the persons face there is light coming from down, I would have put maybe a light source in his hands like an orb of energy. I don't really like the lines going across his arm, I think the image would look better with some sort of other depth effect. Maybe having a different background would help. This is because the background is a lot the same as the other effects and it lacks lots of different effect.

Thanks I hope that this is okay

~Enraged~
Clean flash work and detailed CC.

Approved
The True Assassin
The True Assassin

Number of posts : 14
User Points : 15270

Back to top Go down

Post by Ampy34 Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:30 am

My Image's
http://twitpic.com/xgfvy
http://www.twitpic.com/xgoho

Program's I use: I use Gimp 2.6, and Ms paint.
Common drawing's: I do mostly armor's.

Experience:None really, but I viewed some tutorials on youtube when I got started and basically taught myself the rest :)

Also, the second one the "shield" was a basic drawing not as much effort put into it as the first I would say.

~Enraged~
You know, this is probably one of the lamest attempts at plagiarism that I've seen in a while. Either that, or your presentation is very unfortunate in that it makes it look like plagiarized material. Until I have substancial evidence that this is indeed your work, I'm not going to approve this.

Try Again - With your *own* work.

Last edited by Shadow on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:07 pm; edited 6 times in total
Ampy34
Ampy34

Number of posts : 4
User Points : 5245

Back to top Go down

Post by V Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:33 am

Ampy34 has been caught stealing an armor he posted on his Twitpic account.

This armor was posted from an artist on Gamespot, and appears to have the artist logo on the bottom left corner, which is clearly not Ampy34's signature.

With all of the billions of images on the internet, it would obviously be difficult to find the other two plagiarized images; But it's very clear that they were stolen due to the low quality of the images and signature on the Deathknight sketch.

... May this be a lesson to anyone in the Art Village that plagiarism has a 0% Tolerance. If you try to steal art,
you will be caught.
V
V
agina

Zard : Gallery Approval Thread! - Page 3 2pt1bvm
Number of posts : 3752
User Points : 10237723

http://www.trforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Draktand Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:03 am

=V
Hi Drakt,
I like your work, it has a unique style to it and not to mention your Pencil-Chibi looks fantastic.

One thing I would suggest, however, is saving your images as .Png file. This will make your images looks alot sharper as well as giving you the option of a transparent background. Your CC looks good besides the occasional grammar errors. Welcome to the gallery!

Thanks Vamp.

form

Examples of my work:
Example 1
Example 2

program(s) you use:
For the first one i used Corel paintshop pro photo XI and the second i drawed.

Medium (what you do most of) : I mostly draw or use Corel (or both).

*Experience: I've drawed my whole life, i've won 16 drawing contests that we've had in my class (16/24) and i started comuter painting an month ago or so.

1. https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Kaoticgiftcopy.png

2. https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Gearsofwartut1copy.png

1. I really like this picture it feels like i'm falling into a barrel of uranium or something like that. Though i don't like the shape of the metal thing and the text could have been higher up, but apart from that it's really good! Good choice of green one of my favorite colors. Great pic!

2. I've allways been a big fan of killzones enemies looks, but here it's a bad pick of colors (would have been better with dark red),the charatcher could have been more visible around the helm and the text don't look so good! But the few good parts is: 1. IT'S KILLZONE! 2. Great place to put the text and 3. Atleast the eyes are showin!
Draktand
Draktand
Cattle Thief

Zard : Gallery Approval Thread! - Page 3 11tbmua
Number of posts : 120
User Points : 71527

Back to top Go down

Post by Valosity Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:00 am

Form

[url=http://]http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/4305f6a585a94e1ea985cbe7cc33b373/px-assets/99484f5c0f2a4d6696961302ede8f718
Program(s) you use: Photoshop, MS Paint, Tinypic (Soon to be Gimp too, I can sign up also for anything that doesn't involve downloading.
Medium (What you do most of) Pixels and basically everything else.
*Experience: About 6 months (With photoshop: 2-5 days)
Note The first example is me testing photoshop, experimenting. #2 also.

Image #2, https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Novatag.png : It is good, but should probably have a little bit of coverup, it's exposed quite a bit. Also the arm guard thingy is a bit fat, I think that could be decreasedin size a little bit. Also on the right arm (Our left) it has a bit of shoulder exposed, that could be covered up by the guard or cloth to spiff it up a little.

Image #5, https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Kaoticgiftcopy.png : It is good, but has a bit to illegibal text, if that only had a slightly clearer bit it could make so much difference. there's little creatures it looks like around the edges, they are also a little to blurry and might be shparped up a little - not much for that would ruin the point - to show that it is not only the central bit, having a bit more going on then what meets your eye with a first look.

~Valo

You need to do constructive criticism on 2 of the images found in the first post images to be approved.
-Shadow

Re did it.

What images are you giving constructive criticism on? Notice how everyone else has linked the images? Fix this, then we can approve you. ~Ry

I cleared up your links, you had added a colon to them.
So, your art isn't bad, and nothing that can't be fixed by a good bit of practise, your CC is good... Atriproved! (You may now make a gallery of your very own.) ~Atri

Last edited by Shadow on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:06 pm; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed the links.)
Valosity
Valosity

Zard : Gallery Approval Thread! - Page 3 Whitecc
Number of posts : 356
User Points : 42919

Back to top Go down

Post by DuckOfDuckness Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:27 am

First of all, some of my work:

Moglin Edit
My TwitPic is full of edits like this

Sword Girl
The only drawing I've scanned in at the moment, it was drawed during a boring German lesson...
One of my friends (the one that likes my hair, if you've read my blog), thought the elbow looked odd, and then she destroyed it >.>

Programs I use:
Real life pencil - Approx 10 years
Paint.NET - Approx 1 year
Flash CS4 - ½ day ( got it this morning :D )

And the CC:

CC Image 1
Great armor and background.
The sun makes a good light on the cape and the lower part of the character, but his right arm could be a little less light, that would make it easier to see where the focus is. Also, those rings that comes from the sun, can't remember what they're called (solar flaw?), is kinda misplaced, normally they would be in a straight line coming from the sun.

CC Image 2
I chose this as a challenge, 'cause it's hard to give critism to something you really like.
And because I like it I have saved it to my computer :)
If I should say something that could be improved, that would be removing the white triangle from her chin, it doesn't really connect to any of her other clothes and looks out-of-place.
Another thing I notice is the dagger; it's rotation on the y-axis doesn't seem right. By looking at the position, it looks as it's supposed to be at the front of her, like at the front of the belt. But the rotation (or lack of it) makes it look as a weapon that would be on the side of her body.

I hope it's acceptable, if not, please inform me :)

I like your edits, your drawing is pretty good too. Nice CC as well.
APPROVED
~Flawsie

Last edited by Flaw of Insanity on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:28 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Moglin Edit link was broken)
DuckOfDuckness
DuckOfDuckness

Number of posts : 110
User Points : 44492

http://DuckOfDuckness.spaces.live.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin159 Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:52 pm

b]Form[/b]

Example 1
Example 2
[i]Program(s) you use: Photoshop Cs4
[i]Medium (What you do most of): Hand Drawn , CC
[i]*Experience: Photoshop Cs4: 2 years now
Hand Drawn: I cant remember

Image 2 drawn : Really Nice Drawing Needs darker outlines
https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Kaoticgiftcopy.png : The Toxic font doesnt really match with the BG

You're obviously a talented artist, however you should extend your constructive criticism. Notice how most have written several sentences, and some paragraphs. ~Atriax

Image 2 drawn : Well i play Tennis too.Really Nice Drawing Needs darker outlines.And the color doesnt really match and where did that other hand come from.The girl behind shoes has the same color of the sock.The drawing is not neat.
https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Kaoticgiftcopy.png : The Toxic font doesnt really match with the BG.The font would be better if not embossed.The image looks dirty with all combination of the brushes,The Green and Black doesnt really match (for me)

Okay, the CC is still a little shaky but its a lot better than what you put before, go into more detail on whats good and bad, as Atri already said, your a talanted artist. I think its enough though.
Approved
~Icey
Calvin159
Calvin159

Number of posts : 19
User Points : 5456

Back to top Go down

Post by Wixmagic Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:33 am

http://twitpic.com/10vzwt
http://twitpic.com/10vy6f
Program(s) you use: I use paint to slightly edit.
Medium (What you do most of) I draw with my trusty pencil, and a pen when I lose the pencil '>.>
*Experience: about 2 months of practice but that's it.

Ok CC, might not be good at this >.<

https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Gearsofwartut1copy.png

I like this image, it's very well done but I have trouble reading the writing in the corner, it's a bit blurry, also the guns, you are missing quite a lot of detail because of the blur, the rest of it is great, I would just like to see more detail on the guns.

https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Baseballintotennisballcopy.jpg

I really like the transition effect, it really shows good control, however the speed lines (is that what they are?) are too solid for the picture I feel they should thin off at the end or fade out, I feel that completely solid speed lines spoil the overall effect of this otherwise brilliant piece.

Well, now I wait I guess :/

Your drawings show potential, and your CC is pretty good. Approved!
-Shadow

O_O Thanks shadow...
Wixmagic
Wixmagic
KuKuKuKuKu

Zard : Gallery Approval Thread! - Page 3 Lightdn
Number of posts : 1169
User Points : 115100

Back to top Go down

Post by Xusha Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:30 am

Form

Example 1 Example 2
Program(s) you use: Photoshop cs3, Photoshop cs4, Microsoft Paint
Medium (What you do most of) Handdrawn, Woodworks, Clay sculptures
*Experience: Woodworks : 4 years, Handrawn: 12 years, Clay Sculptures, 2 Years, Photoshop: 6 years

https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Baseballhomeruncopy.jpg
This image is rather attractive, but there are many issues. One issue is the motion of the piece is hard to understand, and me not understanding the sport, cannot understand if he hit the ball upwards, or away from him. Another issue is that I cannot understand which parts of the body apply to which of the two sequences, making it even harder to comprehend. The balls really do make up for the empty space that is presented. A suggestion would be to offcenter the player and make the motion clearer.

https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Tenissswingcopy.jpg
A much better show of motion, as I can better understand where the ball is coming from. The five arms present do not seem to go well with the two sequences of motion shown. The ball itself shows inconsisity on where the lines are located, as when it is hit the lines are not where they should be. Again, with no knowledge of the sport, I would not know if this is intentional.

Amazing work, and equally as good CC. Approved!
-Shadow
Xusha
Xusha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Zard : Gallery Approval Thread! - Page 3 3359xqb
Number of posts : 1130
User Points : 427906

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Fiend Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:46 pm

Form

[url=http://]https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img29/3751/w7scetch.jpg
Program(s) you use:MS paint, hand drawn
Medium (drawing)
*Experience:been drawing since i was 1st grade XD been doing things in MS paint for 2 or 3 years

constructive criticism*

Image 1 drawn
This is a really good example of shading and control of proportional movement, the artist takes into consideration the limitations of his figure and how close up objects appear to farther away ones in color and size. One thing id like to change would be the decoration of the knife the young girl in this picture is sporting, I think how the rest of the picture is well detailed it isn’t as intricate and it off balances it a lil.

Image 2 drawn
This is a interesting hand drawn picture though I find it lacking a lil bit in flow of movement even for a cartoon style picture, especially the way the background woman’s hand bends as it hits a oncoming tennis ball, I’ve never seen someone use a tennis racket like that but that’s my opinion, I’m no expert. But I do like that you can tell a lil bit of the distance how one in the back grounds colors are just slightly more faded then the closer one.

Your art is interesting, you may need to work on your grammar a little, but the constructive criticism is nice and informative. Approved! ~A
Arch Fiend
Arch Fiend
The Epic Knight
The Epic Knight

Number of posts : 334
User Points : 83804

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavitz Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:54 am

Example 1
Example 2
Program(s) you use: flash CS4
Medium DA
*Experience: umm...8 months i think
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hand drawn pic
+proportions
+shading
+anime style
-floating dagger?
This hand drawn peice is clearly outstanding, from its exeptional concept to its precice shading. the only mistake i found was that the dagger in her waist looks like its floating, but other than that, this peice recieves my rating of 9.5/10
*you should add a belt to hold the dagger (and give it some studs)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hand drawn pic
+correct movement positions
-backround
-shading
-proportions (bat)
-colors
this hand drawn peice is poor, from its shading to the drawing itself.
plus, the colors used on the character are rather dull, and the backround doesnt match it at all.Nevertheless, the movement postions are correct.
This drawing recieves my rating of 3/10.
*add a baseball court as a backround (maybe a photo)
*add a couple of shades, and change the outfits color to a more lively one, maybe red and dark grey and add more color to the skin.
*add more deatils to the bat and make it bigger, since the actual one is too small.
*make the movement lines more defined
*and last but not least, redo the eyes so that they look more human (color the iris and change the rest to white)

there, is it ok now?

Okay, your pics looks Great, I love your work, could be a little nicer on the CC, try to give more complements.
Approved
~Icey

Last edited by Lavitz on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Lavitz
Lavitz

Number of posts : 63
User Points : 5392

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Lion Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:22 am

Form

Example 1 Example 2
Program(s) you use: Gimp, mostly.
Medium (What you do most of) Digital.
*Experience: I've been drawing on and off since 2005. I only started drawing like I do now last year.

Constructive crit.
Picture 1.
Her waist seems rather thin and her head also looks large. The shading is pleasant enough, but the shine on her chest is rather distracting. This picture is quite good, if the proportions were fixed, as in making the waist a little wider, her left shoulder and head a bit smaller, it would be even better. The sketchy look doesn't really blend so well with the smooth coloring. May I be so bold as to suggest smooth lines to better complement the colors?

Picture 2.
The girl at the back appears to have short legs and a hand that's much too large. The rackets held by both the players seem rather on the small side. Making the handle longer may help in the proportion of the equipment.

Although the action of hitting the tennis ball is depicted clearly enough, the arm swinging the racket could have had a blurry effect instead of a solid color, just to convey the speed at which she's hitting the ball. The girls seem to be crowding into each other since there's a lack of perspective in this one. Overall, this picture is lively, but could use some work on proportions.

Fairly good CC, could do a little better on telling the artist whats good about the art, good work on the pieces, they have nice color and position.

Approved
~Icey
Crystal Lion
Crystal Lion
Director of Lapis-Lazuli
Director of Lapis-Lazuli

Number of posts : 1241
User Points : 67956

http://lasvegaslion.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Legend Of Lore Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:41 am

Form

Example 1 (Collab With me, Ryu and Mathia) Example 2
Program(s) you use: Photoshop CS4, Bryce 5.5, Photobucket and of course MSPaint :)
Medium: Banners and Signatures
*Experience:about a year
Constructive Crit
CC 1Well ill start off with the positive, im a fan of green so this really caught my eye i also like how it reflects at the bottom now for the negative, It could use more than just green its pretty hard to focus on what it is the image is very well done though no white marks, its a little crammed togather for my liking though if i were rating it out of 10 i would give it a 6 or 7

CC 2Well i think theres not enough colors only really different shades of black and green it would look better if the hazmat symbol was not green maybe yellow and if the words had a yellow glow on them so you can read them better overall its a good graphic though but id try yellow hazmat symbol if it was mine.

!LEGEND!

Pretty good CC, the pics look nice, not much I more I need to say
Approved
~Icey

Ty Ice nice work with the new Job

Last edited by The Legend Of Lore on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
The Legend Of Lore
The Legend Of Lore

Number of posts : 3
User Points : 8193

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:36 am

Form

Example 1: http://twitpic.com/13miyz Example 2: http://twitpic.com/12kufp
Program(s) you use: Pencil, Pastels, Pens, Paint, Photoshop
Medium (What you do most of) I Doodle a lot of times and have a sketch book filled with weapons, I like to draw with pastels but dont do that so often due to their price and I am pretty good at spriting.
*Experience: Lots and Lots of years of drawing, (Spriting for about a year)

CC:
https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Tenissswingcopy.jpg
Very interesting concept, however the starting pose's hands seem a little bigger than the others, likewise its foot blends in with the sock of the final position, what I would recommend only having the final postion as a solid and increase contrast on the the first postions to give a better feeling of movement as well as fix the hands and the foot.

https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Baseballhomeruncopy.jpg
Im confused here, all I see is a big mess of arms, legs and heads, likewise, the bat seems to have dissapeared in the point where the batter hit the ball and the arm in the final postion is missing, likewise I cant seem to understand where the ball is coming from. A solution would be to increase contrast on all the positions but the last, the starting being the brightest, second darker and so forth as to provide the feeling of movement, likewise it would be nice if the poor guy could have a bat and an arm back´.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Datshadow Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:11 am

Form

https://2img.net/h/i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac30/datshadow/untitled.jpg[url]Example 1[/url]

Program(s) I did not use a Program its Hand drawn ^_^
Medium (What you do most of)I did All of it Hand drawn

*Experience:I been Hand drawing for a Year 1/2 now
I also Use Photoshop for 7 mounths now
And also For flash only a mouth

Example 2
https://2img.net/h/i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac30/datshadow/AQW_Sig.jpg

Progame(S) Photoshop :D

Medium:(What you do most of) it was all done in photoshop

*Experience:I been uSEING photo shop for a few months im still getting trained with it from a Friend.

Picture1:

cc:
https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Kidcopy.jpg

This Picture has Some problems I will list the good and the bad

Bad:Her head is way to big for her body you should make it a little smaller so it could At least suit her body Her skirt is rather to thin and to short should be like 3 inches lower Her waist is rather too skiny but you can make it so its a little more then too thin NOT..To FAT though(lol) Thats all other then that its fine =D

Good:The good stuff about This photo is that you added a Gun to her like shes A top secret agent Dress as a School girl lol but yea overall all the other stuff i said for the bad the rest is all good Looks fantastic.

Picture 2:

https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Baseballintotennisballcopy.jpg
cc:I will list the Good and The Bad.

Good:I like how it looks like Someone Hit the BaseBall with a Baseball bat of course and It looks like its going at Like top SPEED!! And the faster it goes theres a spark in the middle moveing along the ball as it turns into a Tennis ball slowly.

Bad: I got to say this picture Doesn't have anything bad about this picture that i can see so I'm done here Bai I Hope i get APPROVED ;D

Thanks its all done now

Okay, the pics looks good ^.^, CC is nice, I like how you listed the good and bad. Look foward to seeing your gallery.
Approved
~Icey

Last edited by Icewolfking on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:14 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : I put up my 2ND PIC and I finihsed off my CC sorry for all these edits =/)
Datshadow
Datshadow
Master of Shadows
Master of Shadows

Number of posts : 31
User Points : 16466

Back to top Go down

Post by Thoru Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:43 am

Form

Example 1 Example 2 Example 3 Example 4

Program(s) you use: None. I upload via a ascanner. that count?
Medium (What you do most of) Pen and Pencil
*Experience: 8th grade art class

CC:
https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Verticaltuttagcopy.png
Is very good but seems a bit loud. Also the flashes seem a bit out of place. The background has some parts that could use improving such as the shading and the colors. Adding maybe some reds or lighter blues is what I suggest. I notice the focus on cool colors and green should probably have somemore BLUE on it then

Nice mix of colors. The helmet seem to shift just a bit and the "h" changes from boxy to curved. Also from what I can tell the proportions of the muscles on the right arm increase and then decrease. I would add some shading on the uniform and maybe some marks of wear and tear on the bat. I like the way you can see the movements and the motions. The color of red was a good choice

I think the drawings show potential, you need to work on your proportions though, before I can improve, you need to expand on the CC. Go into more detail on the picture's pros and cons. ~Icey

CC is much better, good job (I had already posted this and for somereason it was gone}
Approved ~Icey
Thoru
Thoru
Ruiner of Things

Zard : Thoru's Zard
Number of posts : 2998
User Points : 127240

https://twitter.com/LordThoru

Back to top Go down

Post by incinerator1 Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:12 am

Form

Example 1 Example 2 My drawings are weapons could that count? :3 I know they're KH >.<
Program(s) you use:None I drew them ._.
Medium (What you do most of) A 0.7 led pencil.
*Experience: I've been taking art class for about 3 months my friends say my drawing sucks, but I don't give up =P.

Image 1: Well I made this for an AQW weapon suggestion. I actually didn't try to draw this but it actually came out pretty good =D. I was in class remembering from playing KH last night so I drew what I remembered of it and it came out like that. I know there are many erase marks cause I'm not really that good e.e...

Your supposed to use the links provided at the beginning of the topic for your CC examples. Check it again. You should also use a scanner, if you have one.

Image 2: This sword has the same story from "Oathkeeper". This time I actually tried drawing/sketching this blade and I think it turned out great :-). It was actually my favorite blade in KH and KH2 so I drew it after school one day. Sometimes when I look at this I think "I can't believe I drew this xD."
incinerator1
incinerator1
Vladic Knight

Zard : Gallery Approval Thread! - Page 3 Underworldzard
Number of posts : 454
User Points : 14214

http://www.ticklishzorbo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanza Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:49 am

Example 1
Example 2
Program(s) you use: I use Corel Painter X
Medium (What you do most of) I'm an artist. I draw my OCs, mostly Alanza (myself), but it seems I'm starting to develop a love for making signatures/banners.
*Experience: I haven't been to Art college yet, but am planning to in the future. I learned to use PhotoShop in a subject called Studio Arts in year 11 High School. Last year I was taught how to use a similar program by the name of Corel Painter X and I've been using it ever since. I'm a self-taught artist.

Image 1
As I always say with my art, editing mostly, is 'Too many cooks spoil the broth'.
It's a handy lesson to use, and I believe it applies to this image. Using too many words in one piece can make it look, oh I don't know, uneven in a way.
I think just having 'Kaotic' without 'Toxic' or 'Hazard' would turn out much nicer. It looks a bit too cluttered, in my opinion. But it's not all negative! First glance, it's an amazing image! I love the font of choice, it goes well with the scheme.

Image 2
for the most part, I love it. Although even when I look closely, it's hard to point out what it is. I'm guessing that's a creature in the background? I would say bring the creature out a bit more, as in more clearer, perhaps an outline at least so it's recognisable*. Believe me, it is a great pic, but it's kinda hard to identify it with everything going on in the image. I'm asking myself, "What is what? Is that a tentacle or what is it?". Still a great image. ^^ I must say, Pyronix's work is great.
* Australian spelling. xD

Approved! Not much to say here, your pieces look good and your CC is excellent. My only suggestion would to be pay a little more attention to detail on your drawings. Unless if your going for the particular style, the example you provided seems a little 'flat' to me.

Thank you V. :) The flat one I did on Paint. xD I only have one drawing that I've done on Corel so far but I don't know what people would think of it. It's not mature or offending, I'm just not sure if people will like it. The art I reckon is good though, generally. :)
Oh and I forgot to mention: When MS Paint was my program, my second example pic was the style at the time, but it's changed now since using Corel. :D
Alanza
Alanza

Number of posts : 45
User Points : 5770

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:04 pm

Im guessing nobody saw my first post since I never got a response on it. I also decided to go with some of my better art...

Form:

Example 1: http://twitpic.com/13s9pg Example 2: http://twitpic.com/zwj46
Program(s) you use: Pencil, Pastels, Pens, Paint, Photoshop
Medium (What you do most of) I Doodle a lot of times and have a sketch book filled with weapons. I also like to draw with pastels but dont do that so often, likewise I am pretty good at spriting.
*Experience: Lots and Lots of years of drawing (my estimate is 14), Spriting for about a year

CC:
Very interesting concept, however the starting pose's hands seem a little bigger than the others, likewise its foot blends in with the sock of the final position, what I would recommend only having the final postion as a solid and increase contrast on the the first postions to give a better feeling of movement as well as fix the hands and the foot.

Im confused here, all I see is a big mess of arms, legs and heads, likewise, the bat seems to have dissapeared in the point where the batter hit the ball and the arm in the final postion is missing, likewise I cant seem to understand where the ball is coming from. A solution would be to increase contrast on all the positions but the last, the starting being the brightest, second darker and so forth as to provide the feeling of movement, likewise it would be nice if the poor guy could have a bat and an arm back´..

I like the sowwy pic ^.^, The CC looks good too, it points out the problem with out being too harsh. I think this is a good application, sorry for not noticing the first time.
Approved
~Icey

WOOT
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Darre Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:23 am

Form:

Example 1: https://2img.net/h/i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss30/Dare2Bstoopid/Smoke.png
Example 2: https://2img.net/h/i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss30/Dare2Bstoopid/Emerge.png 
Program(s) you use: GIMP and a pencil.
Medium (What you do most of) Just Digital Art and weapon drawings.
*Experience: A year in GIMP, but I've doodled since I could hold a pencil. 

CC:
https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Verticaltuttagcopy.png
First thing to say would be that there is too little going on. What you have looks something like a tentacle spaceship, what I am saying is that it is too hard to see what is happening to actually appreciate it. I suggest that you dim the lens flare/light things and enlarge your focal to draw a viewer's attention. The text doesn't fit either but I am no good with that so I have no suggestions. Other than those few things this a pretty decent tag. It has good effects and has a bit of depth and color balance. Good Job!

https://2img.net/h/i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Pyronix15/Novatag.png
I would have to admit, this is the best of the CC tags provided. The depth is good, the lighting is exceptional, the sharpening of the focal to bring
out wad done well. Even the text doesn't stick out awkwardly like the othe one did when it is overlayed/put on low opacity. The single thing that put me off was the completely visible bubbles. If you have seen a real bubble you notice that they are transparent, I suggest doing the same thing here by putting the bubble layer on overlay or addition.

Approved.

I like your style, and your CC is great.

Last edited by Winnie on Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:34 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Links not working)
Darre
Darre
pɐɹɹǝ ʇɐןʞs ndsıpǝ poʍu

Number of posts : 1991
User Points : 53870

http://www.darretobe.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next