[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Taking a step back.

+48
Tom Gaskarth
Charon
SecretSchenkel
Leppy Man
Mrsebi
Juliana
Caeel
Altera
WerewolfHunter
Vampire Fexy
Judge ZYellowFlash
Darre
Peregrine
Jimbo Of Rohan
Nemo
SSJ4 Gohan
Tim Hortans
DuckOfDuckness
SirValor
Snukems
Indestructable
Graarg
Serena
Aeonarial
Cial
Winnie
Valosity
Icey
Lady Morri
Jason
Shadz
Thoru
Walt
Wixmagic
5secondchaos
Evangel
Arch Fiend
wwwtoy
Erik
ShadowReaper007
gryfinrider
Veonyx
chaoselemental
Bram
Dalganoth Hitokiri
Xusha
LightningZStar
V
52 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Taking a step back. - Page 9 Empty Re: Taking a step back.

Post by Snukems Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:55 am

I lol'd, but really. This is a debate. Though noone is denied posting, he should at least not look so terrible, especially as a mod, and post such an uninformed debate post. Moreover, he seemed to be behaving almost like a fool to be, until I realized he hadn't read our debate.

Thus he didn't take the time to read in making his post and doesn't even know what we're debating on since the idea is to:

1. Send a mass email to all inactive members below a certain amount of posts, warning them that if they do not make a single post before [insertdatehere], they will be deleted.
2. Delete all the spam, which has ~10-30K posts on TR, and thus is quite the overkill amount of "Examples" of spam and rule violation.
3. Make posts not count for the forum games area, reducing spam and thus making members who are peculiar about spam and low quality posts join TR.
4. After this, we wait until the deletion date, and then delete anyone who has not complied with the email (Who received it, of course.)
Snukems
Snukems
All your clans are belong to us.

Number of posts : 691
User Points : 19172

Back to top Go down

Post by V Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:15 am

Chamb gets the basic idea, and that grants him the right to post a response. Chamb can post whatever he wants regardless, because Chamb is god.
V
V
agina

Zard : Taking a step back. - Page 9 2pt1bvm
Number of posts : 3752
User Points : 10237724

http://www.trforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:18 am

Yeah.. No account deletion.. I change my mind.. I'm with Chamber. You never know when a inactive member could come back.
Jason
Jason
WhiteHairedNoog

Number of posts : 1944
User Points : 10914

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:24 am

If I remember a forum after I go inactive/leave it, it was either super important and I had to be there quite a bit, or it's so terrible that I'm not returning. And that would be why I'd remember TR if I were inactive. That definitely means that I would be inactive for an extended period of time, without making many posts at all during or before, and then return later for no apparent reason, yep.
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by 5secondchaos Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:46 am

Your nut Godz. .-.

And I agree with Juliana. Also, account deletion isn't needed. But we really need to do something about those members who joined over a year ago and have no posts. They joined and will never even thought about TR afterwards. However I can see why you would wan't to vate for 'Account Deletion' .It would make the site feel cleaner and we would be up to date with our active members. Yes we have over 900 members, 30-40 are active.
5secondchaos
5secondchaos
Platinum Vampire - Art Fanatic!

Zard : Taking a step back. - Page 9 Fireh
Number of posts : 1476
User Points : 21374

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Fiend Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:49 am

ok, id like to address a few this again, because since i last did this topic has become a total quagmire. Past aside, feuds aside, this clan in my opinion is to great to allow itself to change in radical and dangerous ways. i joined this clan for the soul purpose of protecting the ppl inside it and helping its prosperity, and those vows run though me like my blood. this clan stands for the greater good of its members and there friendship to one another ad that ant be jeopardized by facts statistics and greed. its a positive place where only the positive should prosper and the negatives of the world eased into nothingness. you don’t understand the implications of a ppl who are willing to weed out there fellow man for success implies. its much like that of Nazism, we are not a militaristic community.

also if no one understands this clan i will describe why we an not remove members with factual information. in the beginning of this clan id have to imagine it was like most clans without many topics and barley a art board. most of the ppl who joined didint use the forums and only signed up SO THAT IT WAS RECONIZED THAY WERE ACTULY MEMBERS. ppl dont have to post to be a member, thay join the forum because thay cant signify thay are part of tr any other way. half those inactive accounts might just be ppl who dont care for the forum but wish to be in this clan because there buddys are or someone else and all thay do is hang out around them.

this clan is more then a forum it gos beyond this website every day and every min. if you want to improve activity find ppl who are inactive and encourage them. its not easy but the right thing to do isint always easy.

Last edited by Arch Fiend on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Arch Fiend
Arch Fiend
The Epic Knight
The Epic Knight

Number of posts : 334
User Points : 83805

Back to top Go down

Post by 5secondchaos Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:55 am

No, every person looks for succes in thier life. So everyone's a Nazi? And on the fact they signed because they are recognised as a member, well they don't contact any of us in game, do they? Or come to Cons. So why should they be recognised as an official member if they have no post's or nothing to show they are contributing?
5secondchaos
5secondchaos

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Fiend Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:59 am

5secondchaos wrote:No, every person looks for succes in thier life. So everyone's a Nazi? And on the fact they signed because they are recognised as a member, well they don't contact any of us in game, do they? Or come to Cons. So why should they be recognised as an official member if they have no post's or nothing to show they are contributing?

its not your life, so dont try to succeed others

and cons and junk dont make you a mem, loyalty does, and you dont know anyone personally joining not posting doesint meen it hasint happened dont be close-minded
Arch Fiend
Arch Fiend
The Epic Knight
The Epic Knight

Number of posts : 334
User Points : 83805

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:28 am

I'm pretty sure someone already said this, (I'd like to know who ;3) but TR likes planning things more than doing things. Maybe actually completing the project or whatever who help bring up activity levels. ._.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:00 am

Starting with AF.
Arch Fiend wrote:half those inactive accounts might just be ppl who dont care for the forum but wish to be in this clan because there buddys are or someone else and all thay do is hang out around them.
Then those people who only joined for their friends would stay, quite obviously, due to the fact that they would post in the topic saying they don't want to be deleted, thus not being deleted. Also Nazis, seriously? That's just senseless bashing without grounds for classifying me with the Nazi ideology.
Thanks for pointing out the fail there, 5SC.

And back on AF, seriously? Loyalty? What about the members who quit and weren't deleted? Hell, Mathia had to bargain with Vamp for his own deletion. And Vamp refused to delete many of his accounts! We must, at very least, crack down on multi-accounting, banned members who have no chance of return, and members who have quit, using account deletion! In addition, many members are also loyal to their friend who quit, thus, your point is void.

TR won't get anywhere just planning activity. You need to take action.
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Altera Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:17 am

On another forum I'm semi-active on (I'm only truly active during the "Con" season), the idea that some accounts should be deleted was thrown around and so the mods and admins went through and purged ones that had only a few posts. There was an uproar about it, because while some people didn't post, they still checked in and turned up to on happenings and events. It's not a popular decision and this happened on a forum which was smaller than TR.

Also if people want to quit TR completely, they can delete their own accounts.

Another idea is to send an email to non-active members saying something along the lines of "Hey there haven't seen you in a while, why not see what the clan's up to?" with maybe a summary of things that have happened in the last 6 months and future projects and not "Oi you, get back on the forums or we'll delete your account." Encourage clan involvement through showing what the clan has to offer, not through threats.

But yeah, I do not agree with deleting accounts to boost activity. People will come and go (and maybe come back again).

Maybe we could start up some minor projects, see how they go, then work on a bigger project, like the game or comic?
Altera
Altera
Crazy Awesome

Number of posts : 5783
User Points : 90240

http://argentis.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xusha Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:59 am

Alright. This seems to be turning into mods not wanting to delete accounts and non-mods wants to flaunt around power they don't posses. I haven't read all of the points made, but from personal experience, such a seemingly pointless event can make people mad. There are people who have beliefs on both sides of the rope, and I think middle-ground should be reached, rather than one group complaining their way to victory. Instead of arguing, I'd like to see people try to find a solution everyone can hopefully accept.
Xusha
Xusha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Zard : Taking a step back. - Page 9 3359xqb
Number of posts : 1130
User Points : 427907

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:36 am

Perfect example of what I mean. Oh, and this is also becoming off topic, because this is about improving activity, not deleting people's accounts. Despite what Xusha said at the end, I will delete any posts regarding this arguement. Give us productive ideas, please.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Darre Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:41 am

Altera wrote:
Another idea is to send an email to non-active members saying something along the lines of "Hey there haven't seen you in a while, why not see what the clan's up to?" with maybe a summary of things that have happened in the last 6 months and future projects and not "Oi you, get back on the forums or we'll delete your account." Encourage clan involvement through showing what the clan has to offer, not through threats.
I completely agree with this. I have read all posts by every one in this debate as IFDS would call it, but this seems most fitting. Deleting accounts as most of us have agreed is an idea that will not and should not occur so why don't we put that behind us. Reminding others of TR and telling them what has happened however is a good idea. Even after a week of absence I feel hesitant posting due to ignorance, think about how long time absentees would feel.

Altera wrote:Maybe we could start up some minor projects, see how they go, then work on a bigger project, like the game or comic?
Like the Art worm. Sign up today!
Darre
Darre
pɐɹɹǝ ʇɐןʞs ndsıpǝ poʍu

Number of posts : 1991
User Points : 53871

http://www.darretobe.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snukems Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:05 am

Sticky wrote:I will delete any posts regarding this arguement.
Uhh...Darre...kinda useless to post, don't you think?
Snukems
Snukems

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:19 pm

Honestly guys, it was much easier for everyone when we generally just stuck to hanging around Y-1/Y-6114. Because it's not like we went there to participate or win in anything, we just went there because we knew we could always find someone we knew to talk and hang out with. Or atleast, that's why I hung around so much. Now, that's a little more difficult, as I've found myself hopping around Yulgars again like I used to before I join- er... Ran into TR. And in all honestly, AQW is losing its touch for me. I log in infrequently, usually once a day for only an hour or so. Just to see if anyone is on that I can talk to. Which is usually not the case, since my membership has recently expired, and I'm a little too strapped for cash to renew it right now.

However, back onto the point. When I first joined TR, I viewed it more as a definite location where I could go and feel like I belonged somewhere. Where I could strike up a conversation with anyone in the room, and even if I just met them, know that I'd get along with them simply because they were in TR with me. I'm not sure what happened to those days, but everyone just seems to be drifting apart, as happens with life I suppose.
Serena
Serena
Queen of AFK

Number of posts : 71
User Points : 95194

Back to top Go down

Post by Darre Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:16 pm

InvadersFromDeepSpace wrote:
Sticky wrote:I will delete any posts regarding this arguement.
Uhh...Darre...kinda useless to post, don't you think?

Not when I was trying to type that with a broken keyboard at the same time Sticky was.
Darre
Darre
pɐɹɹǝ ʇɐןʞs ndsıpǝ poʍu

Number of posts : 1991
User Points : 53871

http://www.darretobe.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 5secondchaos Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:00 am

Arch Fiend wrote:
its not your life, so dont try to succeed others

Your telling me that I'm not other people so I shouldn't try and make them succeed. Well, first, this is off topic, your not aiming your ideas to TR, your aiming at me personaly because I questioned something you said. Anyhow, everyone tries to succeed in thier life, and everyone strives for something to achieve. If its to get a goal in a football match or get into a university. 5SecondChaos agree's with Serena.
5secondchaos
5secondchaos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:23 am

Serena wrote:Honestly guys, it was much easier for everyone when we generally just stuck to hanging around Y-1/Y-6114. Because it's not like we went there to participate or win in anything, we just went there because we knew we could always find someone we knew to talk and hang out with. Or atleast, that's why I hung around so much. Now, that's a little more difficult, as I've found myself hopping around Yulgars again like I used to before I join- er... Ran into TR. And in all honestly, AQW is losing its touch for me. I log in infrequently, usually once a day for only an hour or so. Just to see if anyone is on that I can talk to. Which is usually not the case, since my membership has recently expired, and I'm a little too strapped for cash to renew it right now.

However, back onto the point. When I first joined TR, I viewed it more as a definite location where I could go and feel like I belonged somewhere. Where I could strike up a conversation with anyone in the room, and even if I just met them, know that I'd get along with them simply because they were in TR with me. I'm not sure what happened to those days, but everyone just seems to be drifting apart, as happens with life I suppose.

Agreed. Talking to people was nice, while it lasted. I only got a small taste of it however, as I joined on New Year's Eve. ._.

Anyway, it's odd that there are a good +15 users online, but barely any post. Only the game's latest posts change every time I log on and off. ._.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by 5secondchaos Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:38 pm

Mhmm. I agree with Sticky. I have no idea what we could do about it though.
5secondchaos
5secondchaos

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:07 am

@Sticky: Agreed, also I agree about the 15+ members on, but barley any of them post. I try to post as much as I can so others can post, and so on, thus making a active posting place xD?
Jason
Jason
WhiteHairedNoog

Back to top Go down

Post by Leppy Man Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:27 am

Speaking for myself, I don't see anything to post if I see only one person active as me I can get 120 posts in a day. Although my RL is busy like anyone else...
Leppy Man
Leppy Man

Number of posts : 241
User Points : 6330

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:01 am

Yeah. School is coming back.. forums worst nightmare..
Jason
Jason
WhiteHairedNoog

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:02 am

Eh. When I get bored I text friends. xD
Jason
Jason
WhiteHairedNoog

Back to top Go down

Post by 5secondchaos Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:42 am

Jason wrote:Yeah. School is coming back.. forums worst nightmare..

Mhhm.
5secondchaos
5secondchaos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next