[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Team Fortress 2

+12
Hunter Reckoning
Tom Gaskarth
Mrsebi
Erik
Alderos
Xusha
V
Altera
Cial
Rage
Tim Hortans
Thoru
16 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Team Fortress 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Fortress 2

Post by Katherine Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:29 pm

Touhou, Well, just Google that, or I'll just put it in short, it's a shoot 'em up with really pretty Bullets style, or spellcards.Pretty much filled with all females, all little lolicons except the older chars... Who still look youngish in the game... Fandom potrayal my differ and only 1 humanoid male. Whom has no interest in the girls, only customers. Yep, I still say this will help better.

And second, I am alone, thus, easy pickings. V still has you two to back him up. Reason why I think the Steam community is that bad is that no one even cares to give you a chance. F2P=You suck or you are a hacker to most. Unless it's one of those who are angry about the fact the game is sorta free now... Then, well... Different matter, but them being rude in game happens a lot. Or I'm just unlucky with any server I get on. And by saying, I pick servers with lower ping, so it's not me lagging or anything, but some would pin any sort of lag to a F2P scapegoat... Yep. Well, in any case, I'm sticking to bots. Don't like rude arses there, so not gonna bother much when they are they ones being so horrid. I mean, it is TEAM Fortress, right? Not SOLO Fortress? I'm also sick of being ignored when I try saying anything, other than being flooded with "Help me, Eirin!" when everyone is already overhealed... Ignoring the stupid idiots who blow themselves up for no reasons at all. Other than straight out AFKers.

And here's a strategy thought up by one of those, 'premiums', All Engies, CHARGE! Yeah, Pretty much told the two Engies to run into fire with no cover... While the Heavy and soldiers hide... When I told them it's idiotic, they just told me to STFU and said they were better because of longer gaming times... Whee for idiots and jerks.

Yes, I know as an Engineer, I have to move the stuff up every once in awhile, but sending me into fire just to get to the payload with zlitch cover and spies sappin' my stuff when I'm gone? Plain dumb. ._. Funny how the 'noob' knows a tad better. Oh and VS Saxton Hale is more fun... Ignoring the insults to F2Pers and such, yep. Since I tend to be the only medic, yep, FAR more fun. Mainly for the Kritz and to heal the crap tons of rocket jumpers you'll find in the game since there's a limit to 3 scouts so everyone else plays soldier for some reason... Might find a heavy or two, same for spies and engies, but the other classes tend to be rarer.... But still, more fun. Otherwise, I'll just find easter eggs in offline maps, less anger and annoyance.
Katherine
Katherine
Guardian of the Innocence

Zard : Team Fortress 2 - Page 3 Underworldzard
Number of posts : 1633
User Points : 9141

http://karienpryde.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:58 pm

tl;dr

I'm not spending time to read that right now. From what I did read, you're joining stupid servers. Probably nighteam or something.

Just keep on finding different servers until theres one that isn't filled with retards. It's pretty easy to do. I recommend staying away from servers with 24/7, instant respawn, or 2fort.

And nobody can see your skins except for you, so I don't see why anyone would be angry you used Touhou skins. (As a side note, the alice project is a cancerous creation)
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Zard : Team Fortress 2 - Page 3 Whitecc
Number of posts : 3156
User Points : 228781

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:01 pm

>Reason why the Steam community is bad

I stopped there. No. No. No.

Have you ever been to xbox live?

It's far worse.

Steam is nice people, but you need to know people to enjoy it. Like I said, the servers you played on were probably all some clan or something, otherwise, I've seen some noobs get pretty awesome treatment. I was on the Reddit TF2 server the other day, and this kid who was a F2P player was given a BUTTLOAD of free stuff because they wanted him to have an advantage.

I felt all warm and fuzzy giving him a Direct Hit :3
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Zard : Team Fortress 2 - Page 3 2djta8i
Number of posts : 3457
User Points : 142321

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:09 pm

Direct Hit sucks, especially in the hands of someone who doesn't know how to aim.
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:09 am

Clan servers? Umm, I know not to go on nighteam and Saigns or w/e. But still, the only thing I got from someone is a vintage CameraBeard... But, it's someone I know well. otherwise, mocked elsewhere. And I like instant respawn... Sentry fodder... IDK why, especially if I am Red on Mann Manor. Fast respawn servers are better for me, kinda hate the slow respawn of normal. Boring. And I know the skins are on my end... I just keep blurbing on something like, The spy ran into that building. She's a dead ringer spy. and such... Female pronouns in a male filled environment isn't quite, well, fitting. Plus, Weeaboo just for my spray, it's just the full ver of my avvie... Been drifting into Danbooru for sprays. IDK why people flame me when I mention Touhou there... Unless it's the Touhou Fortress servers, quite fair... Just crashes too much for me, other than Ping being over 350... Which is sorta bad.

And Cial? Read the Steam forums... Mainly the TF2 boards. Good luck when finding trolls from the premium players, there's tons of them. And in-game? Heh, listen to the mic chats, usually just plain out flaming of F2P. Yes, I can mute, but honestly, I do try to ignore them to help the team, but I can only take so much abuse before snapping. And it makes no diff, they are starting to block F2P off servers, who knows how many servers there'll be open for F2P in a few weeks. Then again, those servers are filled with elitist snobs.

Well, if you say you can find good servers, name some. I don't mind if it's a bot server that's nearly empty all the time. Honestly, playing with custom bots teaches me more than other players. Like that one Mann Manor Red Engie turtle spot. That was how I got banned by those snobs, teehee. Too bad they aren't smart enough to try stickies from the attic or grenade bombing from there. And their spy sucked, but yet my team sucks worse ignoring the fact I just shot the spy who was trying to flee. Friendly Fire off server, so spies bleed when shot, cue premium dolts just standing there ignoring me just because I'm a 'F2P noob' to them. So bots aren't that bad on servers. At least they teach me to be better, unlike those 'veteran' players.

And just saying, skip Direct Hit, it's useless unless you are good at timing, and somehow hidden, or it's sorta easy to just keep moving in odd patterns to avoid it. At least the base Rocket launcher has a large enough splash to random spam. Better to give them the Liberty Launcher or summthing instead. Or a set of Gunboats... Of they are trying Rocket Jumping. I still say, stickie jumping is way easier... Pity it takes more HP in a way.

And rantfest, isn't it? I'll just go back to annoying people on shipping Sakuya and Alice on MSN.

Last edited by Katherine on Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Katherine
Katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thoru Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:11 am

lol, it's $5 to get premium, so I'd go ahead and do that. I also play on Azelphur servers, they're mic spammers and stuff, but if you befriend the admin it's kinda easy to aolve Also, if anyone wants to add me: http://Steamcommunity.com/id/Thoru

Just lemme know it's you somehow. I tend to reject random Friend Requests.

Also, I'll give you a random free item.
Thoru
Thoru
Ruiner of Things

Zard : Thoru's Zard
Number of posts : 2998
User Points : 127240

https://twitter.com/LordThoru

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:17 am

The lack of a credit card prevents me from doing so. Neither asking from mom, since i can't even get a $2.50 Star Wars game when it was on offer... So don't bother saying that. Unless they come up with scratchcards with like, $10 pre-paid value and sold it here, I can't get money into my Steam wallet.

And mic spammers can just be muted. Good mic spam, however, is usually fine... Like mic spamming CROW'SCLAW or IRON ATTACK!/IRON CHINO!. Yep, Sheer win. Other than being epic distractions... Heh.
Katherine
Katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thoru Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:25 am

they get annoying. But the surf maps are really fun once you learn their tricks. There's only 1 I hate
Thoru
Thoru
Ruiner of Things

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:37 am

They do get annoying, but there's a mute for those? And I don't go on surf maps server... I don't even like going on many servers... One actually overwritten my own mods for rediculous mods... Let alone finding out I somehow have quake sounds in my tf sound folder... ._. But yeah, just annoying to keep fixing my own mods back. And yep, I did mod sounds... but they aren't gamebreaking or cheats, since the minigun/Natascha is already loud when spinning, thus, Border of Death and the Bonk drink... Well, honestly, Wind God Girl (Dementori). But yeah, I used to have one on a Dispenser when it idles, gotten really annoying... Or I can't hear a thing... Fail .mp3 to .wav conversions, but I'm too lazy. So removed. But it is awesome to have U.N. Owen was her going off when Ubering someone, or someone ubering me (Never happened actually... Unless you mean bots.). Might explain why I'm sorta immune to most song mic spam or light ones... Then again, all i get tends to be chat spam on off-topic stuff, or F2P hatred... ._. *Shrugs.* And funny how i can't stop ranting or drifting...
Katherine
Katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:39 am

Try not being a Weeaboo and just act normal. Might help a bit.

Also, while Dead Ringer is fun for trolling, if you use it Actively you're a bad spy.

And stop playing instant respawn servers! They attract all the idiots and CoD kiddies. Playing normal respawn rate servers really enhances the people you meet. And it gives you a better experience in the end. Instant Respawn is stupid.

Also you have quake sounds because you went on a server that used custom sounds.
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:49 am

And I figured out the quake sounds thing, I just removed them then. But I'm sorta a weeaboo... Well, does being Asian count as a Weeaboo? *Shrugs.* Still, except for Touhou references and mods, and that thing of using she all the time... Pretty much normal. And I know about the Dead Ringer... *Resists urge to link to an epic skin for it.* I just don't play spy that often.

And why not? I prefer fast respawn, able to get back and blow/shoot stuff up quick... And run back to my turtle spot... Sniper shot me, sentry killed said sniper. Yep, 5 secs for defending team, so respawn and run back to turtle spot and fix the stuff there. Plus, in my case, any server gets me bad experiences, yeah, even the normal respawn time servers. Just that it adds in the thing called being picked on by your team for dying too much because they didn't bother to heal you or summthing. Or complaining that you took too long to move stuff up because of being killed by a spy because no one bothers to spy check... And I can't be spy checking all the time, right? Yes, with the shottie.
Katherine
Katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by V Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:25 pm

Team Fortress 2 - Page 3 Tumblr_loh8woNCUB1qbl72ko1_1280
V
V
agina

Zard : Team Fortress 2 - Page 3 2pt1bvm
Number of posts : 3752
User Points : 10237723

http://www.trforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rage Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:35 am

I've gotten very good at dominating as a Spy, chokepoint controlling and Engie Nest busting as a Demoman, and Multi-Ubering as a Medic. Currently, I'm working on my Engineering and Scouting skills, but I think being MVP in a full match with those classes isn't a bad start.

What classes and tactics do you guys like to use? What kind of stuff annoys you on certain maps?
Rage
Rage
I've covered wars, you know

Number of posts : 2143
User Points : 220229

http://www.zimpfer.net

Back to top Go down

Post by V Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:00 am

What's chokepoint controlling?

I actually find myself playing between Heavy, Pyro, Spy, Soldier and Engineer fairly evenly. I've been practicing on reflecting and ambushing on Pyro lately, which has been working out pretty well. I also got the Miner's Pick (or whatever it's called) on Soldier which is really helpful for escaping in a pinch. The only real thing that annoys me in any map is slacker spies: just randomly backstabbing people when there has been an enemy sentry shooting people for 5 minutes.

Also, how do you multi-uber people on Medic? Special gun, or?
V
V
agina

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsebi Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:10 am

V wrote:The only real thing that annoys me in any map is slacker spies: just randomly backstabbing people when there has been an enemy sentry shooting people for 5 minutes.
Implies that backstabbing people is no fun.v
Mrsebi
Mrsebi
In Your Head

Zard : Team Fortress 2 - Page 3 Pinkxs
Number of posts : 2166
User Points : 74952

Back to top Go down

Post by Thoru Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:46 am

I've gotten better at headshotting people who are surfing, I 've also been able to headshot 3 invis spys. Was good day
Thoru
Thoru
Ruiner of Things

Back to top Go down

Post by Rage Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:28 am

V wrote:What's chokepoint controlling?
It's when you block off certain crucial pathways for the enemy using the stickylauncher, specifically the Scottish Resistance which allows me to decide which groups of stickies go off by aiming at them and hitting M2. Can you imagine having your pathways blocked off constantly by one really annoying Demoman who can systematically detonate different clusters of stickies with efficiency and without being seen?
V wrote:Also, how do you multi-uber people on Medic? Special gun, or?
I have a habit of *not dying* as a Medic. You can thank my Item Set of the Crusader's Crossbow and The Amputator which gives me health regeneration. That, and I occasionally wield the Kritzkrieg which has a +25% Uber Charge Rate, but I still prefer to use the standard Medigun for its Invulnerability. People laugh when I play offensive medic. However, when I'm out-sniping snipers with the Crossbow... they tend to eat a dose of kick*** and shut up, haha.
Rage
Rage

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:58 am

This will blow your minds. CONSPIRACY.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Zard : Team Fortress 2 - Page 3 2djta8i
Number of posts : 3457
User Points : 142321

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:25 pm

I'm absoloutely terrible when it comes to spy. I'm usually an engineer, or heavy if I want something a little different. but I always try other peeps from time to time.

EDIT: JUst remembered something awesome, download steam, which is free.
make a steam account, also free.
download alien swarm for free (also has a free sdk you can download in View > tools)
in the game, you can win a brain sucker hat as an achievment,
Felix
Felix

Number of posts : 774
User Points : 23916

Back to top Go down

Post by Thoru Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:47 pm

Fact: After being away for a week, I can not play Spy. Also I was partially stoned due to my pain meds, but still

EDIT: My comp may be about to die, but I won't have to redownload TF2! I was able to compress and back up my TF2 steam folder
Thoru
Thoru
Ruiner of Things

Back to top Go down

Post by V Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:00 pm

I for one would like to play against Thoru with pain meds.
V
V
agina

Back to top Go down

Post by Rage Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:38 pm

For the sake of all us Engineers that sometimes would like to play as other classes and not carry the whole team:

If you feel annoyed by the fact that there is no Teleporter set up, no defenses in place to heal up on the front line, or are just getting your butt kicked playing as sniper or spy because you're new or *suck* at it, FEEL INCLINED TO PICK UP THE **** WRENCH AND BE CREDIT TO TEAM.

~An Engineer who wishes to play other classes
Rage
Rage

Back to top Go down

Post by Thoru Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:36 pm

V wrote:I for one would like to play against Thoru with pain meds.

lol, thanks V

Rage, I feel your pain, Engis get no respect and no new weps. EVER
Thoru
Thoru
Ruiner of Things

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:46 pm

I've been playing offline practice as spy until I don't suck. Which is hard because i suck at every single class.
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rage Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:06 am

If you'd like to know my setup for Spy, it's:

L'Etranger - +15 Cloak on Hit, -20% Damage Penalty
The Big Earner - +30 Cloak on Kill, -25 Max Health on Wearer
The Cloak and Dagger - Motion Sensitive, 100% Regeneration Rate

Can you guess my playstyle?

Anyways, another option is to use the Eternal Reward for the knife, due to its quick disguise change and relatively simple usage without having to worry about disguising yourself manually after every attack. However, I find this weapon to be rather easy to predict and leaves you often exposed when searching for your first kill to get your first disguise.

The Ambassador is another option for the gun due to its sniping abilities, often allowing you to quickly dispatch Snipers that are turteling with the Razoback via a crit headshot and a quick bodyshot. This is a good alternative to the L'Entranger at times, but it's rather situational. However, if you see a bunch of Snipers acting like a bunch of scaredy-cats, go for it.

Lastly, the Cloak is definitely user preference. The standard cloak is easier to use due to its predictable 8 second duration. The Dead Ringer is a bit tricker to pull off because you have to fake your own death *believably* and have to uncloak a little bit farther away from your target to remain unexposed (Remember: you can disguise as one of your own teammates as well, like a weak Scout). Lastly, The Cloak And Dagger is a bit on the micromanagement side of things in regards to its charge rate and duration, often forcing you to pause for periods of time in the middle of the battlefield to remain undetected.

One misc. tip: When disguised, carry your gun instead of your knife so that your disguise is carrying their primary and not their melee. This is a very quick indicator if someone is a spy or not if you're not careful.

Here is a quick breakdown on what I pick depending on the situation:

Crowd Control: L'Entranger, Eternal Reward, Standard Cloak
Engineer Nest-Busting: L'Entranger, The Big Earner, The Cloak and Dagger
Sniper Back-Busting: The Ambassador, The Big Earner, The Cloak and Dagger

For more tips as to how to get around and how to efficiently take out Engineer Nests, check out the youtube videos that people have posted. The game is pretty old, there's a lot out there.

Rage
Rage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down