[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

OFFICIAL WORD GALLERY RULES V1.0

Go down

OFFICIAL WORD GALLERY RULES V1.0 Empty OFFICIAL WORD GALLERY RULES V1.0

Post by Rage Thu May 07, 2009 11:53 am

The Word Gallery is designed for approved writers to showcase their written work online for other members to see. This may include stories, poems, manuscripts, plays, and other artistic pieces derived from the written word. For this, we have some basic ground rules, as to not cause confusion:

For Approved Writers:

1. English is the accepted language on this Forum. Unless you have special permission from the Admin or another Moderator in charge, DO NOT write in a different language for the entire written work.

However, it is acceptable if a certain part of the written work is created in a foreign language, as long as the reference doesn't interfere with the reader's ability to understand the story. It is also tolerable if common phrases from a different language are used, although this should only be practiced in moderation.

2. One Thread per Author please.

3. If part of the written work is a copy or summary from another piece, please mention the author of the derived portion and give them credit. We don't want Plagiarism on these threads and you, as the writer, certainly don't want to be embarrassed when caught!

4.All threads by Approved Writers are considered "Closed" by Default. This means that no other Approved Writers or Members are allowed to comment in the "Closed" thread. If anyone other than the Author of the Thread begins to post in these threads, please report it to the forum Moderator or Admin via PM.

In order to allow replies, please read rules 5 and 6.

*NOTE:* To change the Title of your thread, you have to edit the "Subject Line" of your first post in your thread.

5.Approved Writers have the option to allow other Approved Writers to comment and provide constructive criticism on their work. If you, as the writer, want to utilize this, please add the [OPEN] tag to your Gallery Title. Also, if Non-Approved Writers begin to post in these threads, please report it to the forum Moderator or Admin via PM.

6. Approved Writers have the option to allow other members to comment and provide constructive criticism on their work. If you, as the writer, want to utilize this, please add the [OPEN TO ALL] tag to your Gallery Title.

7. Consecutive Posting by the Author of the Thread is approved. Everyone else is not. However, repeated Bumps will be monitored and checked for validity. The Admin and forum Moderator may then delete posts deemed as spam or wasteful.

8. (Subject to Change) If possible, try to keep the threads neat and tidy. I (ragegamer) have yet to figure out an efficient system, but will change this rule when I do.

For Editors And Helpers:

1. If you are not an Approved Writer, you may NOT post in threads not marked as [OPEN TO ALL] . Replies may be deleted

Falerin wrote:Give Constructive Criticism, not insults or pointless compliments. Neither insults nor pointless compliments help anyone improve.
Make sure your reply is constructive with the feedback. Whether expressing a like or dislike of the concept, include specifics on how they could improve things or describe what parts of the concept that you like/don't like. Useless replies WILL be deleted to help keep threads from getting too cluttered up as well as to prevent flame wars from starting. Approved [Writers] who ignore this rule do so at the risk of their approved [writer] status.

Falerin wrote:Do not try to mold the user into a clone of yourself or your favorite author. Authors have many different styles and cover many different genres. You may make generalized suggestions on the author's style, but you should not be trying to clone yourself or your favorite authors. Try to have at least two different possible suggestions any time you make a stylistic suggestion.

To Authors Who Want Criticism:

Falerin wrote:Do NOT get angry with those trying to help you. Suggestions are for your improvement. When people take the time to read your story, analyze your story, and then think up and type ways to make your story even better, it means they care about your improvement. Getting angry with people because they are making suggestions is pointless.

To Everyone

1. Be civil and treat others with respect and dignity.

2. Try to be helpful to other members.

*Notes*
Special Thanks to Falerin from the AQ Boards, who already had a lot of the rules written.

Last edited by Shadow on Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:27 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Rule Update)
Rage
Rage
I've covered wars, you know

Zard : Thoru's Zard
Number of posts : 2143
User Points : 220242

http://www.zimpfer.net

Back to top Go down