[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back

+12
DigDog
Jason
Cial
Erik
Darre
Shadow
Flaw of Insanity
Juliana
Tim Hortans
Tom Gaskarth
Mrsebi
Peregrine
16 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back - Page 2 Empty Re: Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back

Post by Tom Gaskarth Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:11 am

Monster cave.
Tom Gaskarth
Tom Gaskarth
Tumbleweed
Tumbleweed

Zard : Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back - Page 2 2pt1bvm
Number of posts : 1991
User Points : 86314

http://twitter.com/IFlyDragons

Back to top Go down

Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back - Page 2 Empty Re: Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back

Post by Peregrine Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:13 am

So let's establish now that Tom is the man fully responsible for any deaths that are about to occur.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Zard : Peregrine's rock.
Number of posts : 2007
User Points : 750565

http://twitter.com/PerryPeregrine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Gaskarth Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:15 am

Hi guys!

So you're all gonna die.

kthxbai
Tom Gaskarth
Tom Gaskarth
Tumbleweed
Tumbleweed

Zard : Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back - Page 2 2pt1bvm
User Points : 86314

http://twitter.com/IFlyDragons

Back to top Go down

Post by Darre Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:24 am

Yay, lets all live in a dark cavernous expanse while we have few if any weapons or defense because they were stolen by monkeys!
Darre
Darre
pɐɹɹǝ ʇɐןʞs ndsıpǝ poʍu

User Points : 53890

http://www.darretobe.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:53 am

Tom Gaskarth wrote:
Shadow wrote:herey barllskdjf fkdasd fg asdf
He just noticed that it says SHE in that link

You don't get the joke.

Also I just noticed we're all fond of industry and drink.
Shadow
this is a title

Number of posts : 3430
User Points : 572093

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:37 pm

Dwarven by default.

Also, the expansion into the caverns is going pretty good actually. I've found tons of adamantine, an underground lake, some nice farming soil, gems and the outer core of the planet ("oops we dug too deep lol").

We haven't even had a monster run in and start slaughtering people.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:04 am

Peregrine's Journal, journal too wet for the date to be read

I can't believe that jerk Tom! The nerve of him to rally the olm men of the caverns and stage a coup! Everyone who didn't submit to his rule was cast out alongside me with naught but a wagon and some sparse supplies. There's fourteen of us in total. Mrsebi, Rage, Shadow, Darre, Flaw of Insanity, Juliana, Wixmagic and myself, as well as Erik the miner, Chamberino the furnace operator, Tim Hortans the engineer, Sparda the doctor, Cial the comedian and Nuke the swordsdwarf.

Our group proceeded in the wagon through the lands of good and goodness until we reached the lands of evil and fouldeedery, away from our supposed king Vamparagon who didn't bother helping us. Cial objected to my plan, claiming that the lands of evil and fouldeedery were filled with titans, dragons, rocs, hydras, demons, dark dwarves, centaurs, lizardmen, goblins, barghests, trollkin, imps, vampires, warlocks, orcs, illithids, naga, cockatrices, salamanders, werewolves, and that the dwarves here were a bit mad and not to be associated with. Everyone else is a little nervous after his speech.

Eventually the animals got tired of hauling our weight and we decided to camp by the ocean. I'm sure nothing bad will come out of the ocean to get us. Why, nothing could possibly go wrong with this pl-ENHGWHG ARHGEN I JUST GOT HIT WITH A WAVE THERE'S SALT WATE RIN YMESYES HEEEELphwgjwegkw [the rest of the page is too wet to be comprehensible]

Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back - Page 2 2lm298j
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:13 am

So after four-five attempts at TR the Dwarf Fortress I'm ready to call it quits after this fort came to a boring end after some wacky glitch that caused all my controls to become unresponsive manifested itself in the save file and none of the usual fixes work.

R.I.P. This idea.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsebi Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:45 am

TIME FOR FORT NUMERO SIS!
Mrsebi
Mrsebi
In Your Head

Zard : Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back - Page 2 Pinkxs
Number of posts : 2166
User Points : 74972

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:52 pm

We need a new game.
Shadow
this is a title

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:17 am

GREAT NEWS.

I fixed the problem.

LET'S GET BACK TO IT THEN.

Peregrine's Journal, stardate unknown

Apparently some of the local dwarves caught wind of us. Sixteen of them showed up, saying they wanted to join "The Crypts of Violence", in our home "Bloodline the Aura of Pain". I guess that's what the locals are calling us. They look like a grim bunch, none of them smiling, all of them hardening by various trials from the frontier of the lands of evil and fouldeedery, making Shadow look like a happy fellow by comparison. One had this weird pet, a fire mephit he called it, because apparently here things that breathe fire are considered good pets.

I was like "welcome to the fort guys."

Starting to regret it though. The guy who owns the fire mephit has been letting it run around in the booze stockpile. That's unsettling. Especially given booze is the only thing keeping us alive since all the water here is salt water. Reminds me to tell Tim to work on a purification system and some wells.

To keep the evils of the lands of evil and fouldeedery out, we've constructed some feasible defences. I've got the ability to completely seal off the fort from the outside if things get bad. Tim's been working on trap lines. Any step into the fort and BAM, a huge chunk of rock hits you on the head. Totally sublime. We've also got some bull dogs tied up at the entrance in case something is small enough to get past our traps.

We've also got some proper rooms. A barracks for Nuke and his six soldiers Shadow built, a legendary dining room Flaw made, and, as a work in progress by Flaw, myself, Erik, Rage, Sebi and the two new engravers we now have, bedrooms for each individual dwarf. Even the crazy ones. Hah, they didn't have THESE back at Tom's fort.

Come to think of it, why didn't we have bedrooms back at the old place? That seems like something we should have had.

Note to self: Mention bedrooms next time I see Tom.

I'm getting a little worried about Cial and Wix though. Wix is becoming increasingly grim. "We'll all be dead soon, you cannot stop the forces of the underworld, you'll see. They're underneath us as we speak. Waiting." he says. Cial arranged a meeting at the legendary dining room. He started talking about how the demonic union was closing in on us and that he saw a shadow by the fort entrance the other day, proclaiming it to be the shadow of death which we lurk under. While I was in the dining room listening to Cial's crazy rant I couldn't help but notice a dead baby rabbit on the table next to an earing decorated with yak calf bones. I told a nearby dwarf to get rid of it. The rabbit, I mean. The earring looked pretty nice.

But I digress, so I told Cial to shut up and follow me. We went outside with Nuke, Darre and Nuke's soldiers and looked around the fort. It didn't take long before we found the shadow Cial was talking about. No, it wasn't Shadow like I had originally suspected. It was a stingray living in the ocean. That's actually kind of cool. I told Cial to stop being paranoid and to get back to work doing... Whatever it is he does. Telling jokes in the dining room to crazy dwarves that never laugh. Yeah, I think that's it.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:04 am

Peregrine's Journal, final entry

Juliana came running in screaming today.

Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back - Page 2 K205xi

Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back - Page 2 339lox5

An army of werewolves was at our doorstep.

They charged towards the entrance. I gave the order to have it sealed and BAM. The lever didn't work.

The werewolves went right through Tim's traps and hit Nuke's troops with full force. Five of them died instantly. I led a final charge into the werewolf's lines. Twelve more dwarves died there, including my friends MrSebi, Rage, Darre, Flaw of Insanity, Wixmagic and Juliana.

https://2img.net/h/oi53.tinypic.com/2e0ij4i.jpg

The destruction was complete. Very few made it through without an injury of some kind. Shadow and a dyer killed themselves shortly afterwards. Cial and Nuke are tantruming. Worse, we have nothing to drink and are soon going to die of thirst.

This is the final entry I will ever make in this journal. It ends, as does Bloodline the Aura of Pain.

Which of course means it's time to start a new fort.

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Skill#Skills

BACK ON THE HORSE PEOPLE.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:52 am

I would like to be a Miscellaneous Object User

Erik the Miscou, if I may.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Zard : Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back - Page 2 M9vzwh
Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045567

Back to top Go down

Post by Flaw of Insanity Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:41 am

Crossbowman, Guy Edvards Killmaster.

Bring it.
Flaw of Insanity
Flaw of Insanity
Ready for take off.

Zard : Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back - Page 2 2ebtl7c
Number of posts : 2856
User Points : -2147228006

http://flaw-of-insanity.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliana Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:46 am

Juliana the Herbalist, again? Just because dying horribly last time was so awesome?
Juliana
Juliana
Storyteller!

Number of posts : 3679
User Points : 163950

Back to top Go down

Post by Darre Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:27 am

Doorknob Darre the Trapper is here for signup! /salute
Darre
Darre
pɐɹɹǝ ʇɐןʞs ndsıpǝ poʍu

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:02 am

I'd like to be a swimmer to mock a certain game, but I think that would be useless, so Shadow the carpenter reporting in once more.
Shadow
this is a title

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsebi Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:18 pm

If nobody else will be one: ill take miner, if you already have one/more; then Id like to be a weaponsmith
Mrsebi
Mrsebi
In Your Head

Zard : Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back - Page 2 Pinkxs
Number of posts : 2166
User Points : 74972

Back to top Go down

Post by Darre Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:13 am

Shouldn't we have a doctor? Or even better, have at least one person from each category.
Darre
Darre
pɐɹɹǝ ʇɐןʞs ndsıpǝ poʍu

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliana Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:23 am

(Apparently the doctors are totally useless; I was going to be one until I couldn't find any varieties of such that seemed to do anything.)
Juliana
Juliana
Storyteller!

Number of posts : 3679
User Points : 163950

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:57 am

If you guys are still taking occupations, I'll be the Ambusher.
Jason
Jason
WhiteHairedNoog

Number of posts : 1944
User Points : 10933

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Gonna wait to the start of next week for more people and then strike the Earth. Also, Sparda's the doctor, he signed up on MSN.

Any suggestions on where to embark?
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:46 pm

LUMBERJACK.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Number of posts : 3197
User Points : 144150

Back to top Go down

Post by Darre Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:16 pm

Since right now it looks like we are forming woodsdwarf societyI say we set out in a forest with lots of small tasty animals.
Darre
Darre
pɐɹɹǝ ʇɐןʞs ndsıpǝ poʍu

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:39 pm

Oh yes, let's piss off some elves.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Number of posts : 3197
User Points : 144150

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next