[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back

+12
DigDog
Jason
Cial
Erik
Darre
Shadow
Flaw of Insanity
Juliana
Tim Hortans
Tom Gaskarth
Mrsebi
Peregrine
16 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back - Page 4 Empty Re: Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back

Post by V Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:35 pm

You're always down when you're a dwarf.
V
V
agina

Zard : Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back - Page 4 2pt1bvm
Number of posts : 3752
User Points : 10237743

http://www.trforums.com

Back to top Go down

Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back - Page 4 Empty Re: Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back

Post by Peregrine Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:39 am

*Ba-dum-TSSH*
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Zard : Peregrine's rock.
Number of posts : 2007
User Points : 750565

http://twitter.com/PerryPeregrine

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Lion Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:15 am

You're not losing your touch, are you?
Crystal Lion
Crystal Lion
Director of Lapis-Lazuli
Director of Lapis-Lazuli

Number of posts : 1241
User Points : 67976

http://lasvegaslion.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:32 am

He had a touch? Woah.

Fort VI time?
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Zard : Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back - Page 4 M9vzwh
Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045567

Back to top Go down

Post by V Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:33 am

Stickmen have no touch, only a point.
V
V
agina

Zard : Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back - Page 4 2pt1bvm
Number of posts : 3752
User Points : 10237743

http://www.trforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:31 am

^This is so true with Peregrine as a whole.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:42 am

Journal of Vabok "Peregrine" Boriklibash, 31st of Obsidian.

Tomorrow is the big day! This is going to be the best funded expedition ever launched by dwarf-kind to establish a holding in the lands of evil and fouldeedery. It seems like just yesterday (which it was, actually) that Emperor Vamparagon approached me with a stack of 27 dossiers and informed me I was going to be leading a team to the great mountain Realdere and establishing a mighty fortress where miners recently prospected an abundant amount of microline. We could always use more microline!

Despite the short notice, I can hardly contain my excitement. Some of the dossiers are for legendary craftsmen, which while I count myself a member of, cannot help but to be in awe of for their achievements, which far outshine my own.

For miners, we have Ieb, one of the oldest dwarves in the kingdom who's been striking the Earth with that =copper pick= of his since a time before time, Shadz, the miner who struck the first vein of adamantine under the mountainhomes, Erik, both a miner and an accomplished misc object user in his own right, and Rage, the spear miner who's descended from a long line of spear miners, such as Ragegamer the spear miner, Raeggamurus the spear miner, Raphael the spear miner, and Dingleberry, who screwed up the whole lineage by being a mace miner instead.

For woodworkers we have Shadow, the most amazing carpenter in all the lands who crafted the barrels the emperor stores his very own personal cave wheat [5]s in, and DigDog, a lumberjack who can cut down a tree just by looking at it using laser vision or something amazing like that. Actually I've never even heard of DigDog, but I'm sure he's a good woodcutter. Or lumberjack, rather.

For stoneworkers we have CD, a mason whom I remember and am good friends with still from stoneworker school, and myself, Peregrine, the engraver. Neither of us have any real accomplishments under our belt. In fact I'm surprised CD was selected given his tendency to fall asleep while crafting and drool all over whatever it was he was working on, but it's good to see him again none the less.

For rangers we have Chamberino, an animal trainer who journeyed to the depths of the world and trained the giant olm men in the ways of proper eating, Jason the elephant hunter, and Darre the trapper, of whom it is said can trap any vermin known to dwarf.

For smiths we have MrSebi the weaponsmith and Masterwolfie the armorer, who forge the equipment for the dwarven army. I'm surprised Vamparagon spared them to go find him some microline, but we might need them before the end.

For a jeweler and craftswarf we have Security Officer #1 and Security Officer #2. A pair of respectable dwarven names. Good to see the #2 family is still around, I thought they died with Soap Maker #2, but I guess his brother Maildwarf #2 sired a son after all.

For farmers and fishery workers we have Tim Hortans the fishery worker who fishes sea serpents out of the caverns of the mountainhomes, Wixmagic the brewer who brews the most legendary of ales, Juliana the herbalist, royal plump helmet picker and Phil the planter.

For mechanics we have Grey who designed the trapdoors in the emperor's office and Tom Gaskarth, famous for the magma flood trap that stopped the rhesus macaques in the year of 78.

For doctors we have Sparda the surgeon, who has saved more lives than has drank drinks, which makes him hardly a dwarf at all. But still, he might be useful to have along if we have any injuries.

For guards we have four earnest young solders, Guy Edvards Killmaster and Nuke the marksdwarves, Xusha the wrestler and Crystal Lion the swordsdwarf. They're no champions, but they'll do. Although I must wonder what Vamparagon was thinking, for in the dossiers he made a note that they would be unarmoured and unarmed. I guess Sebi and Wolfie will have their work cut out for them when we get to Realdere.

Also coming with us are Draktand the intimidator who is said to have the longest beard in all the mountainhomes, and Cial, the comedian who is said to have the shortest.

Yep, this sure will be quite a successful expedition.

Journal of Vabok "Peregrine" Boriklibash, 1st of Granite.

I write this journal from my seat in one of the two supplies laden wagons Vamparagon provided for our trip. Things are going excellently! Vamparagon provided us with even more supplies than I had dared to hope for, sending us along with cloth, leather, gems, red steel bars and lots of booze. He even added a twenty-ninth member to the party at the last minute. A legendary tracker named Alderos, who is to be our guide.

"Don't worry Peregrine," he said to me upon setting out. "With my woodsdwarf skills, there's no way anyone will die."

I certainly am reassured.

Journal of Vabok "Peregrine" Boriklibash, date unknown.

Alderos died today. My God, I can't believe it. I was so assured when he said no one would die, and now he's dead.

We were trekking through the jungles of the land of evil and fouldeedery on our way to Mount Realdere when it happened. An elephant charged through the brush, and impaled Alderos upon his tusks. Jason brought the beast down, but Sparda couldn't do anything for Alderos. He was already gone.

Jason's going to try to lead us to Mount Realdere. We figure we have an equal chance of finding our way through the jungle to our destination than we do back home.

Night has fallen in the jungle. There are a lot of scary noises coming from the trees. Ieb and Erik dug out a small burrow for us to shelter in until dawn. We've got a fire going but it doesn't seem to be enough to ward off the animals. Snakes keep coming into the burrow to try to kill us, rattelsnakes and asps. Jason's been trying to hold them off but he's just one dwarf against many. I wish Vamparagon had given the soldiers he sent with us proper equipment. Xusha's the only one with her weapon but I didn't think it was wise that she wrestle poisonous snakes.

Hopefully we can make it until morning.

The assault on our camp is over but Jason's scouting reveals that we're still surrounded by wild animals. We've decided the best course of action is to build a mighty tower that rises above the jungle and then light a fire on top of it so rescuers can find us. Ieb, Shadz, Erik and Rage are mining out some proper living quarters now. I've divided the rest of the dwarves into two groups, one led by DigDog and Juli to gather as many resources as possible from the surrounding lands, and one led by CD and I to start on the foundation for the tower. Jason's been exempted from the work as he's the only one capable of keeping the wildlife at bay while we work.

Progress is going decently. Despite not being able to supervise the mining work, it's going great with Ieb's guidance. I feel confident that leaving Ieb in charge will work out fine. After all, Ieb's mined out hundreds of forts in his lifetime. The miners even found some galena. Obviously this means we're going to be making some silver furniture for everyone.

One odd thing I noticed however when I was looking around the fort is that the ground immediately under the surface is green. I asked Ieb about this, he claimed it was raised mire. Phil butted in saying it was "nature, man. I could get down with this." I told Phil that since he liked it so much to get down with this and plant some seeds so we can have food.

The only set back is that we realized Vamparagon forgot anvils. That throws off my defence plans, seeing as I was planning to use all the red steel bars to make trap components. I've devised an ingenious new idea instead. We're going to dig a moat surrounding the tower and fill it with water, and have retracting bridges leading into the tower to throw off any unwanted guests.

It will be magnificent.

With Juliana gathering plants, Tim showing up with hundreds of turtles from local ponds and Phil growing some quarry bushes, food isn't really an issue. Despite this Security Officer #1 and Security Officer #2 have taken it upon themselves to make use of the increasingly large pile of dead wildlife that Jason has been bagging. They've holed up in one of the empty rooms the miners left and have started butchering them.

It's going something like this.

"SLICE 'EM 'N' DICE 'EM BOI."
"You said it security officer #2."

Looks like we're eating ice cold prepared rattlesnake brain [3] for breakfast.

Phil called an emergency meeting in the new legendary dining room CD's made. While there he announced that he would be taking my position as expedition leader.

"Peregrine doesn't believe in world peace. Peregrine doesn't believe goblins deserve to have their side of the story told. Peregrine wanted me to use fertilizer on my crops but I didn't because it wasn't natural, and then he got mad when all our crops died. You need me as your leader, and I'll create a more positive environment for everyone. Imagine it, goblins, dwarves, antmen, orcs, all living together in harmony."

I imagined it, and I didn't like what I imagined. I immediately proceeded to punch Phil and tell everyone else assembled to get back to work.

Two random dwarves showed up. Apparently they were a couple on their honeymoon who got lost in the jungle. The female is a metalsmith, who will either turn out to be useful or get in Sebi and Wolfie's way (later, that is. When we finally get some anvils). The male is a "grand master" spinner. I explained to them how we ended up here and they agreed it was best that they stay here instead of continuing to wonder through the jungle. We could always use some extra hands, although something tells me the guy will be totally useless. "With my skills, we wont fail" he tells me.

Great. I now have a grand master spinner at my disposal.

We can finally get some real work done.

Grey and Tom were working on mechanisms earlier. Seems pretty simple. One rock in, one mechanism out. Then the unexpected happened when Grey threw Tom out of the mechanic's workshop after being struck with an idea that would forever revolutionize dwarven engineering.

"What if I use two stones to make a mechanism instead of one."

After hours of labour, he presented us with the glorious end result and proclaimed it to be named Cherishentrances, which beyond the shadow of doubt, is a legendary artifact that will be discussed until the end of dwarfkind.

This is a slate mechanisms. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of slate. This object menaces with spikes of slate.

Journal of Vabok "Peregrine" Boriklibash, 19th of Galena.

We've been found by Ezrakim elves! A small trade caravan was passing through when they spotted our tower admist a clear cut field (good job DigDog), Draktand and I went out to meet them and see if they could spare any supplies for us. We asked if they had any seeds they could spare after Phil wasted all our rock nuts. They said they would be welling to selling us whatever we wanted if we could pay.

"Hmm," said Draktand, stroking his beard. "Hmm."
"Fine, you can have some seeds."
"What about metal?"
"Our metal is all sun gold, we're not giving you sun gold for free."

"Hmm," said Draktand, stroking his beard. "Hmm."

The elf merchant in charge broke down crying.

"FINE TAKE IT JUST DON'T HIT ME."

Spirits are high here at uhh... Wherever we are. I probably should have asked the elves if they knew where we were. Or better yet, if we could come with them to wherever they were going. Oh woe. On the bright side I did get the date from them. 19th of Galena. Hard to believe we've been gone for... My God. Half a year. They must think we're dead by now.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:14 am

Why am I not throwing things at these animals that surround us?
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:31 am

Because you're a misc object user, not a misc object thrower.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:40 am

tl;dr
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Zard : Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back - Page 4 Whitecc
Number of posts : 3156
User Points : 228801

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:21 am

Of course, silly me expecting you to possess the cranial capability required to concentrate long enough to read a single long post if you can read a thousand smaller ones.

As what hopefully will serve to repair any damage done to our relationship, I've taken the time to prepare a graphic representation of the content of my post. While abridged, I'm sure you will find it easier to read, as it contains a variety of colours, a funny picture of an animal and a meme.

Spoiler:

I'd also like to thank you for having taken the time to make an insightful reply despite having lacked the intellect required to actually read my post and therefore contribute anything.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:37 am

Oh i get it now. Thanks pere.
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Zard : Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back - Page 4 Whitecc
Number of posts : 3156
User Points : 228801

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:07 am

Shortest beard....
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Zard : Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back - Page 4 2djta8i
Number of posts : 3457
User Points : 142341

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:08 am

Just a little heckling for you.

Comedian.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:10 am

I like how I'm like, not useful at all to any missions, I'm just there for morale (:.

Fill me in on me, am I married? etc.
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:22 am

Such is the life of a person who picked making jokes as their job.

Your name is Mebzuth "Cial" Salucatten the comedian.
You are a worshipper of Taron and an ardent worshipper of Zalstom Guardtrusted.
You have three friends: Sparda, Tim and Security Officer #1.
You are thirty-two years old.

You are incredibly muscular. Your tan skin is very smooth. Your hair is clean-shaven. You have a scratchy voice. Your green eyes are narrow. Your teeth are crowded. Your nose bridge is slightly convex. Your somewhat short nose is somewhat narrow.

You like ilmenite, nickel silver, green tourmaline, tiger leather, goat hoof, jagged arrows and slush haunts for their disgusting appearance. When possible, you prefer to consume soy vodka. You absolutely detest blood gnats.

You are slow to anger. You are very comfortable in social situations. You can handle stress. You have a good awareness of your own emotions. You are put off by authority and tradition. You have a sense of duty. You are self-disciplined. You take time while making decisions. You often snap your fingers when you're nervous. You need alcohol to get through the working day. You like working outside and grumble only mildly at inclement weather.

You are a stone dwarf, the most frequent caste of dwarves. You have thick skin and muscles and almost lack pain receptors in these tissues. Also, your bones are hard and heal quickly.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:28 am

NICE. I'm like a guy Xusha. *badum shhhhh*

...I only have 3 friends? ;-;
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:28 am

At least you don't have any grudges.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Lion Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:36 pm

How's my dwarf's bio?
Crystal Lion
Crystal Lion
Director of Lapis-Lazuli
Director of Lapis-Lazuli

Number of posts : 1241
User Points : 67976

http://lasvegaslion.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:40 pm

I'm pretty sure the job description said I could throw random objects to help in case of enemies and lack of weapons.
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:45 pm

Does that include throwing other dwarves?
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Number of posts : 3197
User Points : 144150

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:26 pm

Crystal Lion wrote:How's my dwarf's bio?
Your name is Urvad "Crystal Lion" Morulumstiz the swordsdwarf.
You are a worshipper of Ozor and Kadol Jadeblue.
You have eight friends: Xusha, Grey, Tom, Wix, Wolfie, Jason, Shadow and Erik.
You have two grudges: Juliana and CD.
You are one hundred and fourteen years old.

You are incredibly muscular. Your hair is clean-shaven. Your olive eyes are narrow. Your tan skin is somewhat smooth. Your teeth are crowded. Your nose bridge is slightly convex. Your somewhat short nose is somewhat narrow.

You like periclase, trifle pewter, purple spinel, the colour carmine and serpent men for their impressive tails. When possible, you prefer to consume whitetip reef shark, kobold brew and camel's milk. You absolutely detest mussels.

You are slow to anger. You greatly appreciate art and natural beauty. You have a great awareness of your own emotions. You are eager for new experiences. You are put off by authority and tradition. You are candid and sincere in dealings with others. You find helping others very rewarding. You are self disciplined. You lick your lips when you're nervous. You need alcohol to get through the working day. You like working outside and grumble only mildly at inclement weather.

You are an aspid dwarf. It's unknown what caused the appearance of your caste. Some say you were cultists worshipping a great dragon god. Some say you were affected by a forgotten beast's poison. In any case, now it's possible to meet dwarves who bear the mark of the snake.

Erik wrote:I'm pretty sure the job description said I could throw random objects to help in case of enemies and lack of weapons.
Misc object user is a skill primarily used in adventurer mode of dwarf fortress, which is where you control a single dwarf on an adventure to kill anything stupid enough to move. This is dwarf fortress mode, where I control a bunch of dwarves building a fortress.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsebi Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:59 pm

Whats my bio?
Mrsebi
Mrsebi
In Your Head

Zard : Fort Regulars V: The Empire Strikes Back - Page 4 Pinkxs
Number of posts : 2166
User Points : 74972

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:25 am

Oh God you guys please don't make me keep rewriting these. It takes about ten minutes for each one and they're just randomly generated.

Your name is Tulon "MrSebi" Sazirison the weaponsmith.
You are a casual worshipper of Nom and Datan.
You have three friends: Phil, Security Officer #2 and Shadz.
You have one grudge: Nuke.
You are fifty-seven years old.

Your green eyes are narrow. You are incredibly muscular. Your very long sideburns are braided. Your very long mustache is neatly combed. Your very long beard is arranged in double-braids. Your hair is clean-shaven. Your tan skin is very smooth. You have a scratchy voice. You have a round chin. Your nose bridge is slightly convex. Your somewhat short nose is somewhat narrow. Your ears are somewhat flattened. Your lips are somewhat thin.

You like gabbro, cobalt, amber opal, camel hoof, piranha bone, the colour amber, and rings and dogs for their combat application. When possible, you prefer to consume jaguar and moonshine. You absolutely detest silkworms.

You have a calm demeanor. You tend to avoid crowds. You are very active. You are not a risk taker. You are willing to compromise with others. You would never claim to be better than someone else. You have a sense of duty. You bite your nails when you're nervous. You need alcohol to get through the working day. You like working outside and grumble only mildly at inclement weather.

You are a stone dwarf, the most frequent caste of dwarves. You have thick skin and muscles and almost lack pain receptors in these tissues. Also, your bones are hard and heal quickly.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Darre Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:24 am

Sooo long.
Summary: In jungle. Snakes attack. We build tower. Elves come.

Also, I helped so much in this first part of the journey. I'm so proud of my accomplishments.
Darre
Darre
pɐɹɹǝ ʇɐןʞs ndsıpǝ poʍu

Number of posts : 1991
User Points : 53890

http://www.darretobe.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next