[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Time to die in Dwarf Fortress.

+7
Erik
Tim Hortans
Cial
DigDog
Mrsebi
Tom Gaskarth
Leb
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to die in Dwarf Fortress.

Post by Leb Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:28 am

I dare not think how you manage real life if you can't read short posts like that without complaining.

ANYWAY

Vanilla DF and with a terrifying surrounding it is! But we still lack the actual area. So pick your poison.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Zard : Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 Defaultpet
Number of posts : 420
User Points : 27069

Back to top Go down

Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to die in Dwarf Fortress.

Post by Tom Gaskarth Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:03 pm

MOUNTAINS.
Tom Gaskarth
Tom Gaskarth
Tumbleweed
Tumbleweed

Zard : Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 2pt1bvm
Number of posts : 1991
User Points : 86308

http://twitter.com/IFlyDragons

Back to top Go down

Post by Cial Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:36 pm

PLEASANT HILLS.

OR PERHAPS A GUMDROP FOREST!
Cial
Cial
I am your mother

Zard : Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 2djta8i
Number of posts : 3457
User Points : 142335

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:09 am

The year, 341. For most of recorded history the dwarven civilization of The Uncertain Swords have waged war against the goblins of The Terrors of Heat, first major conflict occurring in the year 57. Now, nearly 300 years later, the goblins still battle both the dwarves and the elves of the Secretive Beard. The good Queen Stodir Baldedattic decreed by holy rite, that the time had come for the dwarven empire to finally spread forth, no longer will the endless war of the goblins hinder them!

Of course finding volunteers wasn't easy. The dwarves had grown accustomed to their way of life, the mountain range where their entire empire was built in was large enough to last for many more centuries, and the battles against the goblins had become just a way of life. To leave their homes where the tall folk lived? Madness!

Of course that's where Cial stepped in, Cial and their lover BFF, Tim Hortans. Them and five brave others stepped forth to the challenge, and left their homes behind as they started their long trek towards the most suitable location, according to the court architect. The God-Forsaken Wall.

Now, in 342, the dwarves have arrived. The mountain range looms sinister ahead, but the brave settlers do not let rumors and superstition hinder them. It was time to STRIKE THE EARTH!

Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 LyDTq

Here's our brave group so far:
Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 01DHch
Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 BiAyVh
Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 UWwE7h

And here's the area around us for the time being, starting with my mining to make an entrance for traders and so on. And the first thing that happens? Mountain goats arrive. At least they're not undead.

Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 Wp3R6h

Then it starts raining FILTHY GOO! And turns out it's the sort that makes people get a fever, along causing EXTREME PAIN. People keel over unconscious from the horrible horrible pain, so looks like getting underground and to safety is a big priority for right now.

Most of first season is spent doing four things:
- Mining
- Cutting down trees
- Hauling things into the tunnel
- Falling unconscious from HORRIBLE PAIN.

Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 As57c

Maaan, evil weather really is evil, huh?

On the bright side, it looks like we're not in the sort of terrifying area that raises thing as undead. This conclusion was drawn from watching great horned owl people fall unconscious midflight and crashing down to their deaths.

Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 ZJTP0

First order of business now that we have an entrance tunnel made and finally got our crap indoors: Make a well inside for people to wash up at. Everyone keeps running to the river right now and getting filthy from the goo all over again.

Turns out thought that Luckystar is really hip! We got 4 migrants right at the start of Summer. A furnace operator who's a competent axedorf along novice with shield and armor use, a fisherdorf who's competent with maces and novice with shield and armor, a farmer who's a competent sworddorf along novice with shield and armor and a kid about to grow up to be a peasant. Going to make them a miner when that happens, since we have an extra pick just for the occasion.

On Autumn, more migrants arrive. So far every adult migrant we've had is a competent fighter in some field of combat, must be because of the constant fights our civ has had with the goblins. New migrants are:

- A ranger(comp. marksdorf)
- A carpenter(comp. speardorf)
- A blacksmith(comp. marksdorf)
- A farmer(comp. marksdorf)
- Another kid, age 2.

Maaaan. At least the traders will arrive shortly. Hopefully they'll actually make it inside without falling unconscious all the time, it's raining goo a whoooole lot. The miner is busy making our first workshop areas, brewery and plant processing. After that, butchery and tanning, followed by other fields of work. Carpentry and masonry first, then some metalworking area. Hopefully we'll find coal here, all metal so far has been tetrahedrite(copper and silver) and platinum. Cial could make some bitchin' amulets if we just had some fuel.

Just before Winter rolls over, the traders arrive. Turns out that even with unconscious animals and drivers, wagons move at normal speed. Same can't be said of normal merchants and their trade animals though. Unfortunately, we have not found any coal yet, and there's no one even able to make normal trinkets out of stone, so we're sitting this caravan out. Probably for the best too, we have 16 dorfs now and not a lot of food to go around. This winter we're going to be munching down on a whole lot of plump helmets, it seems. At least we have some animals, I'm ordering all the grown ones to be butchered for some meat. That reminds me, need to hire a cook, so we can eat delicious tallow biscuits. Mmmmm. Tallow.

And before I know it, the first year is over. Things are pretty good so far, no one is dead, no undead in sight(might not even be an undead area) and there's booze and food to go around for now. Here's some pictures and short explanations what they are.

Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 KW8Ojh
Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 1QlSSh
Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 Dfleyh

And with that done, it's about time you people start having a say in this thing. What to do? To give you some ideas, my MAGICAL POWERS tell me that there are 4 metals present in this area. Tetrahedrite(copper and silver), garnierite(nickel), gold and platinum. No coal either. That might give the most DF-savvy of you an idea what we're going to face in the future.

Feel free to call a dorf to be named after you, there's plenty to pick from right now. I guess most migrants in the future will be skilled in military skills too. I guess I'll play some more tomorrow no matter what, BUT NOW YOU KNOW WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:37 am

WE NEED MIST
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Zard : Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 Whitecc
Number of posts : 3156
User Points : 228795

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:57 pm

BLACKSMITH ME SIR
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Zard : Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 M9vzwh
Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045561

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Gaskarth Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:59 pm

LEB, WHERE IS YOUR MANLY DORF BLACKSMITH TOMGASKARTH?!
Tom Gaskarth
Tom Gaskarth
Tumbleweed
Tumbleweed

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:50 pm

Erik:
Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 KwUlLh

Tom: In an alternate dimension where they had the foresight to sign up with a specific trade.

Anyway, year 343 is here, and Tim's MYSTIC WORDS of requiring mist can only mean one thing. We need a mist generator. In the dining hall. WE WILL COMMENCE PRODUCTION IMMEDIATELY!

Spring brings warm weather, birds falling to their death from above and KOBOLDS, CURSE THEM! A whole ambush squad pops up as dorfs are hauling logs inside to construct Tim's dream. With plenty of military people in the fort, a hasty squad is made together and ten angry dorfs rush the kobolds still shooting arrows.

A while later, most of the 'bolds are dead, save for one that escapes right after shooting one dorf in the gut with an arrow. After the fight, the bodies of our Bone Carver, Tim Hortans and Cial are discovered, shot full of arrows. With our doctor/Health Department now dead, a hasty team of doctors is recruited from our finest, a peasant and two pump operators.

Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 5kaUC

Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 JIltj

With the elves here to trade, a bunch of crappy granite mugs are changed for some berries, we need booze and fast. Coffins are ready for Cial and Tim as well, and plans are currently under way to build a powersource for the indoor mist generator.

By the end of Summer, the mist generator works. Somewhat. I'm not skilled in making these at all but whatever. Now it's about time we bury the rotting corpses of Cial, Tim and that one bone carver! And make some offices, time to get some stockpiling and paperwork done! Maybe some rooms too.

With the arrival of late Autumn, so arrives the mystery of disappearing seeds. In specific, the disappearance of all our undergroud crop spawns but cave wheat and sweet pods. No one knows where the rest are. This has led to the booze running out, which isn't surprising since there are 73 dwarves in Luckystar now. Luckily the dwarven caravan arrives, so it's about time to hand over ALL THE MUGS for ALL THE BOOZE and spawns.

Turns out though that the dorf traders had no mushroom spawns that we don't already have(nothing but sweet pod seeds and cave wheat, seriously?) but at least they had 250 units of booze. And a lot of plump helmets. The year ends with booze.

And that's it for another year! This year we succeeded in all requested courses of action which were:

- WE NEED MIST(read:We are in the dire need of a mist generator indoors)
- Killing 2/3 of the named dorfs during WE NEED MIST project

Here's some pics again.

Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 CUH5Th
Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 OBDuh
Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 Qb9UW

Tom will need to wait for a blacksmith to arrive, because the only one we have now is Erik's. But with a new year here, IT'S TIME TO SAY WHAT YOU WANT, YOU JERKS.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Gaskarth Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:05 pm

YOU JERK I CALLED BLACKSMITH IN THE FIRST POSTS :|
Tom Gaskarth
Tom Gaskarth
Tumbleweed
Tumbleweed

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:24 pm

Yes. In the forts months before this one. Get with the times, loser.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Gaskarth Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:31 pm

Tom Gaskarth wrote:What ever you go with I'll be your manly bearded blacksmith.

literally right after Tim.
Tom Gaskarth
Tom Gaskarth
Tumbleweed
Tumbleweed

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:07 am

I'm sorry, I must have missed that as it was at the stage where I was expecting people to answer what I asked, which was not the jobs they want.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:36 pm

I'm a professional sidler. (DIG I'M MAKING SEINFELD REFERENCES)
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Zard : Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 M9vzwh
Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045561

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:04 am

Erik wrote:(DIG I'M MAKING SEINFELD REFERENCES)
Time to die in Dwarf Fortress. - Page 3 O70pip
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Number of posts : 3197
User Points : 144144

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3