[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Approval for Word Gallery form

+70
Ferintar
Walt
The Mysterious Politician
Caeel
Payton
Felix
Draktand
Sparda
Bram
Angel of Grief
Lady Morri
Xusha
Dalganoth Hitokiri
Noah306
Snukems
Thoru
Arch Fiend
zer026
Zeo
Wixmagic
Earthx
Super Bat
Alanza
Peregrine
gryfinrider
Vampiric
Evangel
Crystal Lion
Burst Power Draco
Altera
Valosity
▲Liger X Zero Phoenix▲
Blue Buru
Wandering Guardian
Burst
Malkoir
Erik
Akai - Void Knight
darketh2
Deathclaws
1234567889_AE
Atriax
5secondchaos
Antriva
Shadow
Kaotic
Dai
Hunter Reckoning
Banned
Katherine
Chiyuki
Exodius
Reowulf
Javiersito2
Charon
Aeonarial
Pooks
Cial
Ryzaa
Mash
Judge ZYellowFlash
Rage
Salatihel
zandore
Pyronix
Alderos
Winnie
Juliana
Flaw of Insanity
V
74 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Approval for Word Gallery form - Page 2 Empty Re: Approval for Word Gallery form

Post by Banned Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:19 am

Medium: Short stories and fictional stories that can range from 200-20000 words.

How long have you been writing?: Id have to say about 10 to 12 years.
Example: Mathias And The War Of Fire

There was a mystic world long ago called Lore, on the shores of the great ocean Pontus stood a great tower by the name of Falcon Keep, on the top of the tower was a great stone falcon the guardian of the town of Falconreach. The houses were made with bricks of silver and gold trimming around them. The town relied on a lone hero by the name of Mathias he was a Halfling half human and half elf. He fought with an elfish blade called Oros, He used a human made bow crafted by the sands of death on the Western Hemisphere. He used one arrow it was a magical arrow named Seta Da Morte. When the arrow was shot once it hit its target it would return to Mathias’s bow.

And this is where our story begins.
It was just a normal day in Falconreach like any other, everyone was doing what he or she would usually do then out of no where a cloaked horse man sped into town he removed his hood and revealed the face of Dragåo a famous dragon slayer,

I don't know if this is plagiarism or not considering i changed the names and the story line is a lot different anyways this doesn't have a ending because its actually a 2000 word story and i could only do 200 so anyways enjoy or don't enjoy.

Like I said to you in person, it's good, but you've made quite a bit of mistakes. Read over your work carefully each time. Don't forget commas.
+Mash+
Banned

Number of posts : 395
User Points : 5064

Back to top Go down

Approval for Word Gallery form - Page 2 Empty Re: Approval for Word Gallery form

Post by Hunter Reckoning Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:40 am

Medium (What you do most of) :Horror/scifi short stories
How long have you been writing? : Well let's see... I am 13, and I've been writing stories ever since kindergarten.
Example (Small fragment of some of your work is fine, around 200 words or below please) :

Her eyes were pleading me. "Bobby, no..." Jessica said. I reached for the sheet covering the square shaped item. "C'mon open it!" said Billy. I blocked them out and right when I took off the blanket, Mildred stole my skeleton mask. "HEY!" I said covering my face. "Bobby, I'm sorry!" Jessica called after me. I cussed at her and then kept on chasing Billy. When I got back to school, I was as embarrassed as usual, but this time, I didn't have my mask, so after my mom got back with the groceries I took the brown bag and cut out some eyes and a mouth, then I drew a skull on it. When I saw Billy, I literally tackled him into the locker. "GIMMY BACK MY MASK!" I nearly yelled in his face. "What are you talking about?" He said, with a perplexed look. "What am I talking about...WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT! I'm talking about yesterday when you stole my mask right off my face!"I was now getting some weird looks. "What are you talking about?" He repeated. I suddenly realized what happened. He's been leeched.

Pretty good; I can see some small grammatical errors and such, but fix those and you'll be great. Interesting bit of story; might be fun to see what else you can come up with. Approved.
Hunter Reckoning
Hunter Reckoning
Goggles
Goggles

Zard : Approval for Word Gallery form - Page 2 Thezard
Number of posts : 609
User Points : 15888

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:07 pm

Medium (What you do most of) :Stories.
How long have you been writing? :Since I learned how to write. O.o (eleven years.)
Example (Small fragment of some of your work is fine, around 200 words or below please) : I had a finished one that was about 500 words that I worked on for three hours but then I clicked the 'TR- Clan of AE' thingy and... well, now I'm making a new one. :P (Inspired by AQW's new realease.)

It was a clear but loud day, Sunstone Isle was busy with work before the day of the Grand Tournament, many foreigners where coming to the Isle, only one, however, caught the Sunstonians attention, a young character, about the age of fourteen with long sleek black hair only matted with dried blood, wearing crimson robes with a fire design on the left leg, going upwards and on his right arm, going downwards, on his chest was a fire design that literally made his chest look on fire. He was armed with nothing but his fists and a long red oak quarterstaff attached to his back by small, black straps. He turned his head as he heard two of the of the Sunstonians speak. "Ain't he a curious fella, aye? He looks like a Pyromancer, but ever since the fall of the Fire Mines they've dissapered." "Aye Contwox, indeed." The boy turned around, his quarterstaff already off the straps and pointed at the old villager "And it's not nice to talk behind one's back," He sneered at the old one named Contwox. Contwox made a snorting noise and said with a deadly look in his eye. "And it's not nice to point little sticks at old men." The boy smiled at this. "Hmm, your right." He said as he put the quarterstaff back on it's straps then shook Contwox's hand as well as the other man. "I should introduce myself, my name is Dai." The boy said, pulling his hand away from Contwox's "Contwox, nice to meet you, child." Dai snorted at being called child. "Anyway, Contwox, do you know where the tournament starts?" "That I do, Dai, that I do, follow me." Dai followed Contwox through the bustling streets of Sunstone Isle. They stopped as they reached a narrow wooden bridge that hung over a narrow cliff that held a perhaps twenty meter drop. "Heh, this is it, Dai, good luck... your ahem... going to need it..." And with that Contwox walked off. "Your going to need it?" Dai thought to himself. He started walking across the narrow bridge.

There are a few small mistakes, mostly very common ones: "your" where you should have said "you're" is the one that stands out most immediately to me, but other than minor details like that, you're good. Approved.

Last edited by Juliana on Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:33 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Pressed 'send' by mistake. :P)
Dai
Dai

Number of posts : 261
User Points : 10009

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaotic Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:38 am

Medium: (what do you do most of?) Stories
How Long Have you Been Writing?: well, i usually think out stories, or dream them (like the one below) I never get to writing them out

uhh, just to make sure, are us Art Gallery mods allowed to make a gallery..?

If not, please sample this:

"Earth has been destroyed, and most earthlings have been shifted to the moon, some unlucky, are left to fight for themselves on the now-barren-wasteland Earth. What happened, we don’t really know, it was the ocean where it started though, there were sightings of rare unknown creatures, mysterious murdering in sea cruises, whole ships sunk, its like the sea was one whole "Bermuda triangle".
Oils and gasses, unknown to man-kind, caused serious illness and the ocean became an almost oil bath, in fear of world wide death, we fled earth.”

Fact: you have to get approved just like the rest of us.
Further fact: it's good. You're approved despite not using the correct form.
Kaotic
Kaotic
Your Local Leprechaun!

Zard : Approval for Word Gallery form - Page 2 Shinyg
Number of posts : 2092
User Points : 36579

http://www.blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:20 pm

Medium: Poems
How long have you been writing? : Very casually for about a year
Example:

Her screams filled the night air with violent noise
I regretted this night like no other
I was the love killing monster that destroys
We once, long ago, did love one another

This night though, I didn't feel the least bit sane
Her shallow breaths, and quivering hands
Were solid proof that she wasn't to blame
The fear in her eyes was my solid command

In my shock back into reality
I dropped the knife, my breath as shallow as hers
I looked at the remains of my brutality
My memories of her flash back in blurs

I fell to my shaking knees, what have I done?
A life of pure agony and gulit is now to come

.:Juliana:.
Disturbing, but I admit it's good. The ONLY problem is that you misspelled "guilt" in the last line. Still, you're a good poet. Welcome to the Word Gallery, you're approved.

I did? Heh, I'll proof-read better next time. Thanks!

Last edited by Shadow on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shadow
this is a title

Number of posts : 3430
User Points : 572073

Back to top Go down

Post by Antriva Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:59 am

Medium (What you do most of) Novels, short stories, poems, songs, plays... pretty much everything:
How long have you been writing? : Since I was in like 4th grade
Example (Small fragment of some of your work is fine, around 200 words or below please) :
“Turtle” Matthew said
“Yeah, did you get anything good I am starving” Turtle replied.
Matthew thought to himself ‘Why doesn’t Turtle get his own food? I’m getting tired of providing for this boy that is twice my age’ Then he blurted out, “Why don’t you get your own, there is barely enough for me here to begin with and you take most of it leaving me with the crumbs.”
“Matthew, you do know that the only reason we are down here is because of me, I showed everyone this place and I can kick you out. Now give me your food!”
“No, I will not.” Matthew replied hesitantly.
“Then you are not allowed down here ever again.”
“Fine, I was getting tired of the smells and the rats anyways.” As Matthew walked away he kept contemplating where he would go now. He knew no one in the city would take him in for free, so he decided that he would sleep on the streets tonight and try to find a job which would pay enough for him to have a place to stay.

Nice word choice, elaborate language, a bit to short though. Try to elaborate and take the story a little slower as you go along.

Over all excellence, approved.

~Pyronix~
Antriva
Antriva

Number of posts : 36
User Points : 5690

Back to top Go down

Post by 5secondchaos Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:47 pm

Medium (What you do most of): Quite alot. I write when I'm either not on my computer or drawing and the end result is mostly, ok. But I tend to to fantasy storys including such characters as knights, castle's dragons ect and poems aswell .

How long have you been writing?: Hmmmm, approximately 4-5 years.

Example (Small fragment of some of your work is fine, around 200 words or below please):
The Boiling sea of hate thrashes and turns,
and the man inside will always yearn,
the things he see's and wants to be
will never catch the light of me
when his years to humble yet
the years of age, have finaly set
the words he knows mean nothing more,
the sea of rage, and devouring shore
will never leave him
and in his end of days gone be
he will always leave a memory, in hatreds eye's
I will never be the same old me.

I hope its enough...

.:Juli:.
It's pretty good. You have a lot of typos in there ("Boiling" is incorrectly capitalized, "see's" and "eye's" for "sees" and "eyes," "finaly" should be "finally"... I think that's all of them), but other than that it's done well. Promise to do better and you're approved.
5secondchaos
5secondchaos
Platinum Vampire - Art Fanatic!

Zard : Approval for Word Gallery form - Page 2 Fireh
Number of posts : 1476
User Points : 21373

Back to top Go down

Post by Atriax Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:40 pm

Medium : Stories.
How long have you been writing? : I'll start now. :P
Example :

Many people consider good assassins to be those who don't get seen. They are wrong. To be an assassin, is to strike terror into your victims. Poison is for when subtlety is a must. A blade is the weapon of any self-respecting hired killer. The drow know this better than any, and although they creep up in the shadows, they do their work in the light.

It's short, but very good indeed. I like your style. Keep it up, 'kay? You're approved.
Atriax
Atriax
DemonHunter

Number of posts : 501
User Points : 27133
Location : In the shadows... and not Shadow the player, the dark kind of shadows.

http://www.moglintales.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 1234567889_AE Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:58 am

Medium (What you do most of) Exciting Crazy Wacko stories,The suspenfull
Horror stories (nostly short novels)
How long have you been writing? : Around 3 years old???
Hesitantly i moved for the door..."NO!" i screamed "THIS ISNT GOING TO HAPPEN!". "Calm down" The mysterious shadowy figure said. Suddenly i thought of how to escape..."May i go to the Bathroom?" "Sure,why not?" The shadowy figure answered. I had to make my move now or never...i ran out the door just to find it being heavily guarded by more of the shadow evils.So i ran... I came to a cliff and saw what the shadow figures have turned my world into... Immensly I was the only living thing left on earth. I jumped not knowing where i was going...suddenly i hit the ground. I felt the life leaving my body...it was mindnumbing how fast i was fading...now i felt perectly fine only one problem,... I was one of them...

It's not necessarily the best I've ever seen--quite a number of little spelling and grammar mistakes, and the plot devices are somewhat juvenile. Definitely there's room for improvement, but it's considerably better than your last try. Approved.
1234567889_AE
1234567889_AE

Zard : Approval for Word Gallery form - Page 2 Striped
Number of posts : 87
User Points : 9564

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathclaws Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:29 pm

Medium: Spontaneous outbreaks of depression and hate, fiction, humanities stupidity, philosophy
How long have you been writing: Not very long
Example:

When a sacred bond is forged, one does not break it without loss. When fates are intertwined, destiny knows no mercy for those who would strive to change this. A curse, some call it, others name it a blessing of sorts. Yet when a person is tied to another in such a unique way, there must be some reason for it indeed. I was a mere pawn of the gods when I first met her, a slave maid, young and innocent as a babe.

The pens were stacked with the damned, the stench of despair and fear like a pestilence in the air, burning the lungs of those running about the bustling market. A druuchi noble, lucky to be born into a highborn family, could afford a few dozens of these wretches a day, be it to have them executed for the sole pleasure of seeing them bleed, cringe and finally succumb, or as a mere pawn in a game of living chess.
In the midst of all these fear radiating bodies she stood, pure and without a speck of dirt on her barely covered carcass.
My eyes were drawn towards that girl, she seemed like a fine slave at first glance.
Breaking a humans will usually got boring after a few hours of listening to their screams of agony, but perhaps she could last for days, weeks, maybe even months. My retainers were to keep the iron maiden, the racks and every whip in the torture chamber at the ready, yet it always seemed a shame to begrime these works of art with the blood of the unworthy. Perhaps her life juice would prove a fine coating on these instruments of pain, were the only thoughts to cross my mind at the time.
How wrong I was, what a fool I have been....

"Wow" does not even cover it. It's disturbing, but nevertheless amazing. A few small mistakes, but it's incredibly well-written overall. Approved!
Deathclaws
Artist

Number of posts : 339
User Points : 23852

Back to top Go down

Post by darketh2 Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:21 am

Medium: write
How long have you been writing? since 2nd grade
Example: Mike went to town. Then the ground shook. It was an earthquake. People panicked and ran around but Mike`s Mom was at home the most scared one of all. Stores were destroyed. Derbies was everywhere Mike`s mom was worried sick about Mike. Then Mike spilled he blacked out. Next thing he knew he was in the hospital looking at his mom "mom I thought I would never see you again" he said then they hugged.

Not Approved, needs lots of work, grammar etc. Also, you're banned so it makes no difference and you'll never see this message.
darketh2
darketh2

Zard : Approval for Word Gallery form - Page 2 Blackdyq
Number of posts : 141
User Points : 6662

Back to top Go down

Post by Akai - Void Knight Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:53 am

You had me at 'maws'. :3
Really, though, I love your writing style.
Approved!
CtS~

Medium (What you do most of) : Fiction,(Purely because it allows me to go the distance with my thoughts and imagery.) mostly Fantasy or Sci-Fi related topics.
How long have you been writing? : I didn't really get involved in "Writing" until the last few months, although I do have a good experience of RP and such, so I'm familiar with the Dos and Don'ts.
Example:
I knew nothing.
Not what I was, where I was, or who I was.
Who am I? a thought seemed to whisper within my mind, quickly being stifled at the lack of response from the empty husk that composed my being. Opening my eyes in a desperate attempt to gain any measure of understanding at my situation, I immediately registered the grey haze which composed the majority of my vision.
"What?" I spoke aloud, my voice sighing in a flat whisper(As it had always done?), and I struggled to lift myself from the stoney but smooth ground on which I lay, my head spinning as I did so. Eventually making it to my feet, gasping and panting from the energy this seemingly simple exertion required, I looked around the fog, attempting to glean anything beyond it's expanse.
I stopped cold in my observation, as my attention was now entirely focused on a pair of leviathan gates which stood before me, their plates and hinges gleaming a golden light that seemed both comforting and terrifying. A single fragment of thought escaped the darkness of my mind, which I desperately clutched at to gain some understanding of my situation, but all it offered me was a question to which I didn't know the answer.
Is this Heaven?
Staggering towards it, my chest heaving as I vainly sought to breathe, I reached up and placed my hand on one of the doors, reveling in the presence of it's glow. However, upon touching it, my hand began to wither and burn at an alarming rate, and I quickly stepped back to examine the archaic writing which was now appearing on the gate's unmarred surface.
Ye of grievous sin, thou shalt face thine tribulation for committing that which is unforgiveable.
The light from the inscription burned my sight, and I quickly averted my eyes to the darkness behind me, which I now welcomed as a relief to this painful illumination. In the dark haze, I saw another gate, this one far less glorious and forged from black steel, it's expanse illuminated by a terrible red glow that seemed to consume it.
Looking back on the golden doors once more, even though it pained me to do so, I turned and shuffled my way across the foggy plateau once more, straight into the maws of Hell.
Akai - Void Knight
Akai - Void Knight

Number of posts : 5
User Points : 5398

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:47 pm

I finally decided to apply after some encouragement from my twin Icewolfking :)
Medium: Short Stories, Miscellaneous Genres, whatever I feel like.
How long have you been writing? Well, for serious writing, it would be since I did creative writing in school, so about 5 years.
Example:

Sean Hill woke up, just as he did every morning, feeling almost as tired as he was just before he went to bed. At 6:00 every morning, he woke up, and walked downstairs to eat a hearty breakfast of pancakes with maple syrup to prepare for the day. This wasn't any ordinary day, however. Today was the day he was supposed to finally cut down the massive oak tree in the heart of the forest surrounding his cabin, and bring back proof that he did. The local drunk bet him free drinks for a month that he could not cut it down and haul it home in one day, and being quite the gambler, Sean accepted the bet. His darling wife Sara disapproved of the bet, but she reluctantly went to the town store and bought him a new axe to surprise him. The trek into the woods would be dangerous, so Sean grabbed his new axe, his gun, and even packed up his old, blunting axe to remind him of what great feats he had done before. Sean also packed a whetstone to sharpen his new axe, and food rations for the day. Finally packed, he headed out and started the journey. The forest was as familiar to him as the back of his hand, he could not get lost. The temperature dropped to minus ten, and slowly continued to drop. Sean rubbed his face with boar fat to keep himself warm. The forest started getting more dense, and Sean grew slowly afraid. He never would go this far into the forest alone.

Suddenly, a wolf jumped out and bit his arm. The rest of the pack wasn't very far behind, so Sean quickly loaded his shotgun and fired off into the group. His first shot missed, but scared the wolves away. To make sure they wouldn't try to come back and get him from behind as he traversed farther, he shot again, and grazed the side of an escaping wolf. The forest again seemed to become darker, as he was drawing further and further in. In the distance, there was a faint light coming out through the trees. 'It had to be the clearing,' Sean thought. Sean inadvertently started to run, and he popped out into the clearing, where a enormous oak tree stood in the middle of evergreens. It was a marvel of nature how the tree could survive in the freezing cold all year. His backpack already on the ground, Sean grabbed for the axe holder on the back of it. "Drat!" He exclaimed. 'The new axe had probably fallen near where the wolves attacked him,' he thought. It was too late to walk back to find it. Luckily, his old axe was still there, dull but strong. Sean pulled his whetstone out of his backpack and got to work, slowly sharpening the blade. It was almost noon, and he knew he had to hurry if he wanted to make it back before nightfall, where he would be a sitting duck for wild beasts and he would lose the bet.

After what felt like an hour of sitting there, his axe was finally sharp enough for him to go to work. He chopped at the tree for two hours, taking a break after each 30 minute set. Finally, he chopped off the last bit of bark that held together the tree, and it collapsed over. Sean knew he would stand no chance at trying to carry home the tree, so instead, he used his brain. "Biology class!" He exclaimed. It finally paid off taking it, he remembered that the tree shows years old by water lines inside the oak. He chopped off a disc, and proudly started his march home. When he got home, he proudly showed the disc to the rarely sober drunk, (who happened to have not had a drink to get ready for his full month of free drinks), and at the sight, the drunk said, "You didn't bring the whole tree home, I win the bet. Sean replied, "You never said I had to bring the whole tree home, you just said to cut down the tree and bring home proof you did." The drunk was stupefied, and decided maybe he shouldn't drink as much, so he can be able to remember important things, like details of a bet.

Was that too long? My real entries will probably be a little shorter...
Not my best work :/ I need to not write these at 11:30 at night...

It's quite good. Small grammar mistakes, and a slightly odd premise, but that's details. You're approved.

Thank You Juli :)
Erik
Erik
Soul Collector

Zard : Approval for Word Gallery form - Page 2 M9vzwh
Number of posts : 4350
User Points : 1045547

Back to top Go down

Post by Malkoir Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:07 pm

Edit- I take it I'm not approved? Must try harder.. :| Muffin Man Brings Stories! (And not about muffinz =O)

Medium (What you do most of) I write short stories usually and I am working on a longer tale. Not a full book, but close enough. I usually write as a normal book should be laid out, but in the example I am trying a new style of writing. It fais, but its the best I still have on the intranets xP

How long have you been writing? : 3-4 years nao.

Example (Small fragment of some of your work is fine, around 200 words or below please) : Allright here goes. It's not my best work, but it's what Im wroking on atm.

It was a cold morning in Greenguard. There are many creatures running around, waking up.
Malkoir, the lone hunter in the area, is stalking his prey. His eyes set upon a deer. He loads his bow, and fires, striking the deer in the thigh. As he comes to finish the job, he is startled by a large *Bang*
He kills the deer, and desides to take it the BattleOn to sell it. But the deer has gotten away. Malk decides to enter anyways. when he makes it to town, it is nightfall. He decides to spend the night in Yulgars Inn.

Malkoir: Excuse me sir, can I rent a room?

Yulgar: Sorry, we are full for the night. You can sleep in the cellar though.

Malkoir: That will do. Thank you.

Malkoir enters the cellar. He see's a dark figure in the cellar. He approaches, and finds another figure. He then hears another *Bang* , The same noise he heard in the forest. Then one of the figures, just, dissapears.
???: Help...me....

Malkoir: O_O... Okay.. What happened?

???: I was....shot

Malkoir: O_O! What can I do? What is your name?

??? : My name is... Incinerator1.

Malkoir: What kind of a name is that?

Incinerator1: Shutup... I'm dieing here.

Malkoir: Oh right.

Incinerator1: *COUGH* Just... I was shot by... A shady figure.. He had a dark suit with a red tie.. long hair... and a black hat...

Malkoir: Do you know his name?

Incinerator1: That would spoil the story... so **** no.

Malkoir: Of course it would.. -_-

Incinerator1: Tell Yulgar... I'm not paying him a cent.

Malkoir: O.o Okay....
._. He's dead...

Not my best work but it will manage!

Last edited by Malkoir on Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Malkoir
Malkoir

Number of posts : 20
User Points : 11385

Back to top Go down

Post by Burst Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:45 pm

Medium (What you do most of) :Makein videos Tweeting and drawling
How long have you been writing? : not long
Script for possible next video:
*Knock Knock* Actor:Who is out there?
Actor 2: Your friend.
Actor: Well come in my friend!
*Actor 2 Slashes sword*
Actor 2:Phailed

erikm10 wrote:Burst, this thread is for applying for the word gallery, which is writing poems/stories etc. The art gallery is probably what you want.

Click This To Go There
What he said
~Flawsie
Burst
Burst

Number of posts : 8
User Points : 5246

Back to top Go down

Approval for Word Gallery form - Page 2 Empty Request

Post by Wandering Guardian Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:28 pm

Medium: Short Stories
How long have you been writing?: 3-4 Years
Example:

This is the tale of a man who has lived many lives and had many faces, yet all had the same main aim.....to bring peace and justice to the land of Lore...

Unlike all the other people to live in Lore, Guardian retains memories of all his previous lives.... He remembers spending time as a powerful mage and a ruthless pirate. However above all, the strongest memory he has is of a powerful elite warrior. How such a warrior came to fall, Guardian does not remember, however, in this, his latest incarnation, he continues to have flashbacks to his former life...and he hopes, after visiting the village oracle, that one day he will tap into his former beings energy and release his true potential...

In this particular life Guardian has lived a very profitable and upper class life. Having come into good wealth from having excellent golfing skills, he retired from normal active work young as he had enough put by to see him well past a hundred if need be. However after a year or so the life of the young retired became rather boring. Guardian yearned for adventure....

So Guardian took up to teaching himself all about the land and the creatures that inhabited it. He took his trusty clubs along with him, as he knew that no matter what he faced, if he were to attack anything, hed be most effective with those. He spent many months scouring the known lands, and mapwriting several unknown regions. He became quite the voyager, and was renowned for finding new cities and places of interest.

One day when Guardian was looking around an old bay he came across a strange cube in the sand. A man of lesser experience would have walked right up to it and grabbed it, but not Guardian. He took out one of his golf balls and threw it at the box from a safe distance to see if there would be any reaction. Immediately as the ball contacted the box it transformed into a 20 foot Man Eating Golf Ball which turned-face and bore down upon Guardian.

Whipping out his 9-iron, Guardian fearlessly ran at the Monster and did a sliding dive under its legs, whacking either way as he went. The monsters legs were feeble in comparison with its body and snapped from the attack. The Monster fell to the ground, which trembled at the force of such a creature.

Guardian had a moments reprieve and in it he realised even if the golf ball had no legs it could still roll at him. He had to think fast. Suddenly something flashed red before disappearing. Nevertheless it had caught his eye and Guardian moved toward where the box had been. In its place was what looked like a tubular hilt, yet there was no blade. He picked it up and noticed that there was a button it. He decided to press the button while holding the hilt at arms length to be safe.

No sooner had the button been pressed when the weapon ignited, a bright red beam erupting from the end of the hilt, spreading long and straight, ending in a smooth curved point. The blade itself appeared to be made of pure energy, and Guardian realised it was very powerful. He then quickly had an idea.

He ran at the rolling ball, stopping feet before it as it gained momentum hurtling towards him. Just before it was about to crush him, Guardian cartwheeled to the left, ignited the sword of light and swung at the center of the Ball.... The ball rolled past but came to an abrupt stop. A moment passed before it made a low grunt of pain, before splitting in two. It was dead.

Guardian paid thanks to the gods for his luck, in defeating the monster and on finding such a rare and powerful weapon. He would definitely spend time in the upcoming days learning how to use it.

As he started to head for home, Guardian noticed on the top of the bay a man, who it seemed had been watching the whole ordeal with great interest. As he came within a few feet of him he noticed that he also carried a hilt like his, and began to wonder if he had been through a similar experience.

'I apologise for that my good man. Think of the box not as a trap but as a test. You see i am looking for skilled warriors to join me and my clan Twilight Assassins, to fight the darkness and protect the innocent. You are one of the best, skilled warriors that i have ever met. I would be honored if you would fight with me.'

Guardian looked over the man for a moment and realised that he was honest and sincere. He took a great pride in that he was being acknowledged for his skills, and formed at that moment an immediate bond with the man who had almost just cost him his life.

'No i am the one who is honored, i will join you and fight with you until i am incapable or dead. You have my sword.'

'That is excellent news to me. I can see a great potential in you, and hope we will be friends for a long time. What is your name?'

'My name is Guardian, after the works and beliefs of my ancestors and former lives.'

'Former Lives?'

'Yes, tis a strange thing among the people of these lands, but i recall memories of past lives. The most prevalent of these is the most recent. I remember being a powerful warrior, among a group of dedicated friends and heroes. That is what i seek again.'

The stranger took a moment to consider these last words. He had a sad remorseful thought about a lost friend, but then looked at Guardian and smiled.

'It seems what was once lost is now found again. I am Dyniti, welcome to the clan my friend.'

-This is a piece i did which was a bio on my old clan site, hence the references to my old clan twilight assassins.

.:Juliana:.
It's amazing, incredibly well-written. You're approved!
Wandering Guardian
Wandering Guardian
ProGolfer

Zard : Approval for Word Gallery form - Page 2 Rainbowi
Number of posts : 48
User Points : 23371

Back to top Go down

Post by darketh2 Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:01 am

Medium (What you do most of) : write short storys
How long have you been writing? : since 2nd grade

My idea is a teleport watch. It is red and blue with a touch screen. Gas prices are really high planes are not that safe anymore and some places are too far to walk so I invented the teleport watch. It looks like a normal watch when you hit a place to teleport to there is a flash of light and it goes “dingdingdingdingboom”. It can also tell time in the screens corner. The alarm goes “wingdingwingdingwingding”. The inside band of the watch is super smooth and really comfy. The screen rim can Coe in green orange purple blue red black gold white and black and white. It has a big red button in the back you hit it in case of a emcrgey it contacts the closet people and actives the watch’s emacgrey mode opens a hatch were the first aid kit and turns on airbags.
It also has a little bit of info on every place on the earth. It does not teleport to outer space. Or underwater. It is not water proof and it is solar powered. One solar panel is on top of the watch. There is also has a radar feature that can detect undiscovered places.
darketh2
darketh2

Number of posts : 141
User Points : 6662

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Buru Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:06 pm

Medium: Short Stories
How long have you been writing? Since I was 7
Example:
It was dark. Trees surrounded Areon, a young boy from a poor family. He heard a wolf howl in the distance. A shiver ran down his spine. He walked a little further, and tripped over something.
Areon examined the sword lying on the undergrowth. It was obvious that it had been dropped and hadn't been picked up for a long time. Areon looked around him. He was lost. He was travelling with his family to the town of Maynor. His mother had lost her job, house and her animals and now were hoping that Areon's Father, Ian Littlewood would welcome him back after the massive fight they had 13 years ago, when Areon was born.
He cleared the undergrowth holding the sword. It was magnificent. Three Emeralds were on the hadle of the sword, shining brightly, but the rest of it was dirty and rusty. Areon took the handle of the sword. Such light came from the sword, that Areon covered his eyes and fell back. The whole land of Lairock was now in great threat, for a new darkness had been awaken, and it was now Areons destiny to destroy it at all costs.

It's quite good. A few very small typos and incorrect capitalizations, but overall your work is fine. Approved.
Blue Buru
Blue Buru

Number of posts : 16
User Points : 5280

http://aqworldsguide.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ▲Liger X Zero Phoenix▲ Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:41 am

Medium (What you do most of) :Fictional Fantasy Stories.
How long have you been writing? :7 years
Example (Small fragment of some of your work is fine, around 200 words or below please) :I hope u like it plus I'll write another one if this isn't good enough for Tr.

There was once a boy named Shinon. His next door neighbor named Rolf had an old chest in his garage. One day Shinon went to Rolf's house for a round in New Super Mario Bros Wii. Rolf asked if he wanted to open the chest in the backyard garage. Shinon replied with delight and went to the backyard with Rolf. Rolf had a smirk on his face. Shinon realized this and acted normal. Rolf lead Shinon in the garage. Rolf asked Shinon to open the chest. Shinon had a feeling what of what was about to happen so he told Rolf there was an inscription on the chest. Rolf came close to see. Shinon had then chipped open the chest suddenly a blob had engulfed Rolf and went back in the chest. Shinon had then closed the chest as soon as the blob was in. Shinon then said
"Nice try Rolf but u cant trick a pro strategist like me!"
Shinon then left the garage and went back home to watch some Pokemon. Shinon then realized that he had just left Rolf in the chest with the blob. He had wondered what Rolf had originally planned to happen and wondered what would be happening to Rolf right now. Shinon had then silently entered Rolf's house at night. He went to the backyard and played music off his Nintendo DS. Shinon found the chest in the garage and opened it he saw the glob glowing from red to green to blue to yellow. He realized it wasn't moving and Rolf was holding his finger up to the only eyeball in the blob's body. Rolf was torchering the Blob. Shinon was disgusted but knew that anything living needed help deserved help. Shinon then grabbed Rolf out of the Blob and roped him up with an extension cord. The Blob then turned white and black. Shinon threw some dirt from outside on it. Suddenly the blob turned brown and started bouncing up and down in the chest. Shinon tried to use hand signs he learnt from his friend at the academy to try and talk to it. The blob started to shape into things as if it was talking. Rolf said he found it near a side walk drain glowing white and black and a strange rock in its body. Shinon asked where was the rock. Rolf had pointed with his nose at a box on a shelf. Shinon had grabbed the box and examined it. Shinon suddenly dropped it and the rock fell out of the box. The rock had started to multiply in size. Then dug through the ground. The blob caught it just before it went too far down. Shinon took the rock from the blob and realized what it was. It was a core buster. Rolf screamed like a monkey. Shinon had then got on his bike and took the rock to AONYNTKO
(Academy of nothing you need to know of). The headmaster there opened the door to the ATQ. Shinon asked why was he taking him to the alpha testing quadrant. The headmaster had told Shinon to wait and see....

Thx all thats what I got I always finish my tales. But I just wanna show u Tr people what got. I hope u like it :D
:troptomistic:

The story was very hard to understand, and it was a bit too random. Try planning out the story before you start writing. All you need is a bit of help and advice, so Approved! ~Atri

Yeah thx Atri now i can write in roleplay right? right got it i need advice and planning(hates planning) but ok! :D

This is for the word gallery not RP... If you want to join the ARP, you'll have to attempt another approval there. ~Atri

Last edited by ▲Liger X Zero Phoenix▲ on Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
▲Liger X Zero Phoenix▲
▲Liger X Zero Phoenix▲
The Legendary Arch Sage

Zard : Approval for Word Gallery form - Page 2 Windl
Number of posts : 93
User Points : 35292
Location : Behind u Above u Infront of u i just teleport too fast

http://www.lpfe.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Valosity Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:16 pm

Medium (What you do most of) : Mostly Poems, a few short stories here and there.
How long have you been writing? : Gaming wise?: 3 years. RL Wise?: 5 years
Example (Small fragment of some of your work is fine, around 200 words or below please) : I hope it's OK, but this COULD be used by AE someday. It is something I have already typed up for a poem contest, I will enter it then another one. It may be a little too long... over 200 words:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Zardian of Love

The Zardian of love is a loveable thing
With a feather as a marvelous wing
As AE created it, it has loved them like a friend
But love broke his heart - and now it shall mend

The Zardian a Poet
No one would even love and would alsways yell at him, while he was reading his work "Stow it!"
The Zardian of love, never knew what to do
Then one day, it arose from the blue

He would be a grand poet, sparkling and rich with love
Coming on Valentines day, bring all through a town some love, and each a mug
The Zardian of mysterys he was called
But sadly this love bring was bald

The Zardian of Labor, of loving work
Always had for dinner - a lovly piece of pulled pork from a horc
The Zardian never turned from his goal
But would always make sure to fill everyones bowl with love

A Zardian was never so fine - but was once bypassed,
By a hypnotist, blanking his past
The hyponotist called him, turning him into fear, disgust, and dispise
The Zardian of love was no more- a killing machine in the Gardian tower

Another younge Zardian, pink with color
Set out to fnd his evil relative for a brother, with another
The Zardian snapped at them with it's heart shaped teeth that AE gave it
But the Zardian persisted, and then finally decided to do it bit by bit

Now known as a Zardian in disguise, the Zardian of love resides
He was an increadble zardian to be disbised
The little Zardian went forward, saying his piece
The Zardian listened then had a great feast

Not that he was happy, he had turned more into darkness
Now transforming into a Moglin, Zorbak
When the little pink Zardian drew out a mythical power
He showered the Zardian with love, even at this ugly hour

The shadows fled like the wind, bearing a Zardian on the ground
With a mythical power not known, they transported to home, then there was a great pound
Turning around it was a great crowd who made that sonic boom
And a truth never before known was descovered

AE at the front, honoring the new god
Praising the Zardian of Love with treats and screaming shouts of "What a sweet little pod!"
The Zardian was crowned with love, and the new bestowal of king of the Snugglefest
The Zardian brought much love after, stronger and everlasting unlike before, always striving to do his best

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Legend of TR

The gathering of TR
Friendly and kind they are
Helpful and binded together by friendship
Not at all fighting a war at the bottem of a pit...

So they thaught they wouldn't do so
Until a dark lord of darkness arised and is known as Moe
Slashing the magical vines of friendship, kidness, and helpfulness all in seconds
Tr known as the rivals, killing each other but coming to life again in tents

Legendary V with legendary powers of TR stepped from the sun
Bewitched fish in hand, Flaming unbrella on back, he was shouting puns
Drawing down the power of the dark master who liked to eat hens
V succeeded binding TR back together again.

~Valo

Nice poems, Atriproved! ^^

Last edited by Atriax on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:42 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Approved!)
Valosity
Valosity

Zard : Approval for Word Gallery form - Page 2 Whitecc
Number of posts : 356
User Points : 42919

Back to top Go down

Post by Altera Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:44 pm

Medium (What you do most of) : Storywriting, mostly fanfiction. I dabble a bit in scriptwriting and poetry.

How long have you been writing? : Since primary school. I wrote my first fanfiction at the age of 7 for the Lion King. I kid you not.

“Dammit, Galahad! Just sit down and let me tend to your shoulder.” Peredur growled as his leader batted his hands away.

“I’m fine.” She swayed slightly as she protested, “See to Dagonet.”

“He’s only got a couple of bruises from being tackled to the ground. You, on the other hand, took a barrel of buckshot in the shoulder. So sit still or I will sedate you. Actually forget it. I am going to sedate you.” A quick enchantment later, and the woman was sleeping on the gurney.
Peredur cut away the sleeve of Galahad’s shirt, exposing the bloody mess her arm was in. Shattered fragments of bone and tiny pellets of spent lead were scattered through her flesh. Dispelling the illusion on the metal of her magiscience prosthetic arm, he found it was in slightly better shape. The outer shell was pockmarked but the protective runes, ensuring that the sensitive inner mechanisms, designed to react and send signals like a flesh and bone limb, would not short circuit, remained mostly intact. The doctor absentmindedly rubbed his jaw, remembering the last time Galahad’s arm malfunctioned and the two teeth he’d lost that day, and hoped that Gwydion and his tools would return soon. Peredur conjured azure light, gathering it around his fingertips to halt the now sluggish blood flow and draw out the shot without disturbing the wound. The bone proved tricky to rebuild, bringing the thousands of fragments together and reshaping them into a single solid structure by bending the resilient cells to will. The skin and flesh were easier to heal; the cells more tolerant to his rearrangement. Already exhausted from healing, he pressed on, burning away the small seeds of infection before they took root and deepening the sleep to give Galahad the rest she would need to recover. Half an hour later, no trace of the injury existed save for the small pile of buckshot in the surgical tray beside him and the pitted outer shell of the woman's prosthetic.

“You know Galahad,” He told the sleeping woman, “There's a reason why you stay behind the mage’s barrier, to avoid non-social hospital visits you silly girl.”

"... I... heard that..." Galahad muttered in her sleep.

Nice story, good to read. Atriproved!
Altera
Altera
Crazy Awesome

Number of posts : 5783
User Points : 90239

http://argentis.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Burst Power Draco Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:28 am

Medium (What you do most of) :Tweeting and going to school
How long have you been writing? : all my life but am just now into it
[b]Example (Small fragment of some of your work is fine, around 200 words or below please)
As the moon was full we all shouted. There in Battleon was a great evil who went by the name Burst.
"So are you a dread lord?" questioned Warlic carefully.
"Yes" replied Burst.
At that moment warlic wanted to know everything about Burst ,but in a quick second he was gone.

What'cha think

You have decent grammar, but it is awfully short. Could you maybe write a bit more for us?
-Shadow

Last edited by Shadow on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:04 pm; edited 8 times in total
Burst Power Draco
Burst Power Draco
NotReallyFamous

Number of posts : 47
User Points : 24760

Back to top Go down

Post by Burst Power Draco Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:32 pm

Example (Small fragment of some of your work is fine, around 200 words or below please)
As the moon was full we all shouted. There in Battleon was a great evil who went by the name Burst.
"Yes" replied Burst.
At that moment warlic wanted to know everything about Burst ,but in a quick second he was gone.
The next day everyone in town woke up from a nightmare. They were all amazed that they all had woken from a nightmare not just one,but then they had seen someone strange. There was a new adventurer in battleon that day. A young man who no one had known. ... To be continued :

Still too short. Writ a few paragraphs. ~A
Burst Power Draco
Burst Power Draco
NotReallyFamous

Back to top Go down

Post by Burst Power Draco Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:47 am

Example (Small fragment of some of your work is fine, around 200 words or below please)
Chapter 1 of Dread Lords

"Yes" replied Burst.
The next day everyone in town woke up from a nightmare. They were all amazed that they all had woken from a nightmare not just one,but then they had seen someone strange. There was a new adventurer in battleon that day. A young man who no one had known.
Everybody went to ask him who he was. Then they saw he had been shakeing in fear.
"Did you have a nightmare?" questioned Yulgar.
"No ... worse." he had said.
"What could be worse then having a nightmare?" asked Aria
"Living one." he replied.
Everyone had been stricken,wonder what he meant. Aria and Twilly had a frown on their face. They all had wanted to help him ,but then he ran to the forest.
The next day Aria and Twilly were still worried for the new person. Nobody knew if they should follow him or not. Then, Zorbak came and slapped Twilly in the face.
"What was that for!"shouted Twilly
"Aren't you guys supposed to be good guys!"said Zorbak
"Ya...So...Wait....Oh...."said Warlic understanding what to do.
"Everyone lets go find Him!" said Valencia cheer fully.
[b]Well, if it's to be continued, continue it here please. Don't post again, just edit it onto here.
~Flawsie
Burst Power Draco
Burst Power Draco
NotReallyFamous

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Lion Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:48 pm

Medium (What you do most of) : Short stories/novellas.
How long have you been writing? : Since 2005.
Example (Small fragment of some of your work is fine, around 200 words or below please) : "That foolish girl thinks my dragon amulet is the only thing controlling Stalagbite?" Vath asked himself and pulled out a bright pink sword. "Without Drakath's gift-the Legendary Sword of Dragon Control-controlling Stalagbite would be impossible. Rid yourself of that pest, my pet."
Stalagbite hissed and struggled under Crystal's grip. The lioness hung on, but Stalagbite proved to be too much for her. "No! Lion!" Meg yelped as Crystal fell from Stalagbite's back and landed with a loud tinkling crash on the plains.

The indigo drow smirked. "I'd like to finish you myself, my dear little prince, but I think I'll see what Drakath's new pet will do to you! Rock Roc...Finish that prince!"
The stone bird squawked and flew off to where Crystal was struggling to stand up. The fall had smashed the wind out of her.

The topic you have chosen is... just a bit unoriginal. I would love to see some of your original stuff, though. Approved! ~Ry
Crystal Lion
Crystal Lion
Director of Lapis-Lazuli
Director of Lapis-Lazuli

Number of posts : 1241
User Points : 67956

http://lasvegaslion.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next