[TR] - Take Away Tom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mod Conference Room is Feeling Weak
by V Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

» First post of 2017 ?!
by Celstrial Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

» First Post of 2016?
by Payton Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am

» Merry Xmas
by Altera Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

» Your Awesome Pictures X
by Rage Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 am

» TR
by DigDog Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

» Wonderful Memories
by Mrsebi Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

» Cool New Music
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

» Posting in these forums
by Mrsebi Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Top posting users this week
No user

I need some Frogzard sprites

Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am by V

Comments: 34

OUR DOMAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am by V

but I renewed it.

what have YOU done today, TR?

also I'm not sure if heartbleed effected us but you should probably not change your password, the jitterbug gang are working hard and they need …

Comments: 30

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 212 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

V2: Flesh and Bone OOC

+11
Fastwolfen
Altera
Flaw of Insanity
Mrsebi
Peregrine
Onion Supreme
Leb
Tim Hortans
Xusha
DigDog
CC
15 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

V2: Flesh and Bone OOC Empty V2: Flesh and Bone OOC

Post by CC Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:31 am

This was going to be done on the Paxian Private Forums. Spoilers: IT NEVER STARTED.

Also, read every post in its entirety please. Even others' sheets. You will see my response and further developments.

This is an RP done by myself and Fishtank / Peregrine (he's a traitor and dropped out). We will be the GMs as well, controlling everything.

Quick Premise:

V2: Flesh and Bone OOC Post_apocalyptic_city

In the near future, there lies a metropolitan city that was once an economical empire. Skyscrapers, subways, but no one speaks of its previous name. Nowadays, the proper nomenclature is one phrase- the only words that are spoken to refer to this place- The City.

Almost everyone is gone. The remaining few have woken up with little to no memory or understanding of who they were or how they got there. Some remember better than others, but no one can recall an apocalypse. Now, years have passed, and the city is but a ghost of its former self.

Now, the City barely stands. It is a skeleton of its former self. Mutated zombie-like creatures stalk the City, but there are multiple foes to fear. However, there is one creature that is particularly devastating- they call it the Solstice. Few have lived to see it, but it rarely comes out.

Meanwhile, two men have taken matters into their own hands. I, myself, will be RPing as Ulysses, the muscle of the duo who have taken over. Peregrine is the Machiavellian scientist, Odysseus.

Oh, I forgot to mention. There's a corona of toxic gas outside of the city. There is a shield system up that Peregrine's character (Odysseus) made before the apocalypse. He is the only one who really remembers what happened, but he tells no one. The current development is that Ulysses and Odysseus are trying to get out by rebuilding the shields to a mobile version to exit and trek through the gases, but this would require all the power from the main shields.

Thus, it is a race against time. Ulysses and Odysseus are gathering as many people as possible before a certain date- for, once they leave, the city will be overrun by the gas. While Odysseus researches, Ulysses gathers people and weapons. The pair operate out of the subway system that runs underground throughout the whole city. So far, they have recruited people to guard many areas, but they need more time and people.

Essentially, your character will be either: Living with the underground society, which consists of about a 2000 people, or part of the ~100,000 people in the Upper City. Some will work for Ulysses and Odysseus, some will be independent... you decide.

Just know that Ulysses and Odysseus have water and food- just not a lot of it.

The City is fairly large. In Manhattan, there are 1.6 million people. Manhattan is not that large.

The Zombies aren't a huge threat. However, they're slowly reproducing. There aren't that many of them.

Also, the apocalypse just happened. People don't know what's going on. As far as groups and safe havens, that's up to you guys. Zombies are more like creatures, and they are fairly fast. However, they're weak. A few 9mm would kill them. They bite you and you get the infection, etc. Some say the zombies came from places outside of the gas and then just reproduced here, but some say they're immune.

The shield protects us from the gas. There's no way out yet. Guns are fairly rare, especially since the City had fairly strict laws. No one knows what's beyond the shields.

Also, I wouldn't mind there being a small war between humans. Od and Uly (cute nicknames) have enemies. Amass a gang that lives somewhere else, it's cool.

Let's try and get an idea of the population here. In the City, a Manhattan sized area, there is overpopulation for the conditions, but still not a lot of people. They're usually crowded into downtrodden buildings and are often sick and starving. We can build the landscape from here on. In an alley, you might expect to see about ten people, and the streets are where many sleep. Thugs and hobos run rampant. The Horde, as we will call the zombie-like creatures (individual ones are Jumpers), have a base somewhere that is unknown.

To everyone: You better not god mod. I reserve the right to have you get shot if you seem to be invincible. If you're in a gunfight, gosh dangit, you might just get shot.

Alternatively, play your role. If you're getting sniped from a tower, you're probably going to get shot. And that sniper will probably be fine. The original plan was for the GMs to control battles, but that wouldn't be fun.

I have no doubt that some of you will be humble. For example, I expect Cial to be conservative with his .44 magnum. He has six rounds in it, so he's not going to be able to reload in the heat of battle unless he's got cover for a significant amount of time. Not to mention that aiming down the scope and getting a good shot would take a lot of time; "Cial shot four mutants with his gun, reloaded, and shot another six with his scope" is far fetched.

Another right the GMs will reserve is god modding. Usually we won't do much, but if you want to be sure that nothing will happen to your character, I encourage you to PM myself or Fishtank or add us on MSN before you post to make sure it's within reason. We have an idea of where we want this to go, but as long as your posts don't change the plot significantly, you're fine.

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Remaining memories / history:[/b]

[b]Current standing (where you are, your goals):[/b]

[b]Clothing/armor/style:[/b]

[b]Physical Appearance:[/b]

[b]Weapons / Abilities:[/b]

[b]Other:[/b]

Ask questions. Make ideas. Post them. Contact me on my old MSN which I will continue to use now.

Last edited by CC on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:14 am; edited 9 times in total
CC
CC

Number of posts : 74
User Points : 12578

Back to top Go down

V2: Flesh and Bone OOC Empty Re: V2: Flesh and Bone OOC

Post by CC Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:36 am

So far I have confirmation that Peregrine, DigDog, and Ieb will join us.

Hoping to get a few back from the previous one like Cial and Flaw AND ESPECIALLY THAT ERIK KID.

Also recruiting some members from the Paxian Private Forums.

--

Note, you can't be as cool as I am. You can acquire armor throughout the RP though.

Name: Ulysses

Remaining memories / history: SECRET.

Current standing (where you are, your goals): Explained in first post.

Clothing/armor/style: Ulysses wears a white dress shirt tucked into his black jeans. Making only the collar of it visible, he also wears a level IIIA bulletproof vest. This protects from up to a strong .44 magnum bullet. He has multiple ballistic trauma plates under those. Bulletproof helmet that goes around head, this one isn't as strong as his vest, but it's still level IIIA, just no plates under it and it's thinner. Also wears tight sap gloves, gloves with steel in the knuckles for that extra punch.

As mentioned, Ulysses usually dons worn, faded black jeans and black combat boots.

Physical Appearance / Age: Fair skin, blue eyes, dark blonde buzzcut. About 5'8" (roughly 173 cm), but fit and muscular. Small waste, large shoulders and large lats, legs and arms that he has honed to make up for his height. About 190 lbs (86 kg).

Weapons / Abilities:

Updated: Usually carries a semiautomatic, scoped Knights Armament M110, as well as a Heckler and Koch MP7.

As far as hand to hand combat, he has almost mastered Krav Maga.

Other: Ulysses is a man of mystery. He is very similar to his partner, Odysseus, but is more humble. He's a firearms expert and oversees distribution, maintenance and training of and with them. He is witty, appreciative, and rational.

Last edited by CC on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
CC
CC

Back to top Go down

Post by DigDog Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:35 am

I can't be bothered to make a new character sheet. If Cial uses the same character again I'm gonna be his dog again. Because I've never RP'd a dog and that might be interesting.
DigDog
DigDog
I'm not your mother

Number of posts : 3197
User Points : 144139

Back to top Go down

Post by Xusha Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:17 am

Quite.
Xusha
Xusha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Zard : V2: Flesh and Bone OOC 3359xqb
Number of posts : 1130
User Points : 427915

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:54 am

Cial has confirmed.
CC
CC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:51 am

Well, here I am. So, do I post my bio here, or PM it to either Fishy or CC?

By the way, Max here. Meet my second most used username.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:13 am

Put it here, good sir.

And Fishy is Peregrine here.
CC
CC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:27 am

Aye, you told me that on the PPFs.

Name: Will Spencer

Remaining memories / history:
Before the apocalypse, Will was a well-respected police officer from the City. He had served the police for a good amount of years, fighting organized crime, protecting the civilians from thievery and assaults, whatever a policeman would do on duty. That's all in his obscure past now, as the only things he remember now is that he used to be a policeman.

The only things he remembers now is where he used to live, his family and the incident at southern City. After the apocalypse that none seems to recall what happened before, there was a group of scientists, pharmaceutics and another bunch of people working for a phamaceutical laboratory. Their sole purpose was to find out how to produce a vaccine for the infection that plagued the now-called Horde. Will was in charge of helping defending the laboratory against The Horde that would sometimes attack the place. One day, they were overrun, a Solstice accompagnied with a large number of Infected attacked the laboratory without warning. With shame, he and his sister had to flee the place before being infected. His sister was infected in the escape, and she forced him to leave her behind. Since then, life's seemed to be more cruel than ever, and his mood seemed to worsen. The once loyal, proud and honorable police officer became a mercernary with only survival instincts and a grudge against the Horde to guide him in this crisis. He however remains a good-hearted man, but he lay low and do not let his identity as former policeman out in the open

Current standing (where you are, your goals):
Will has heard of some people trying to take matters in their own hands and find a way to better thrive in this crisis, or so were the rumors. Last he heard is that they were hanging out somewhere in the subway, its entrances guarded by their own men. Will has net yet allied himself with the group, but he clearly wants to see who they might be, and join after meeting them. He wishes to help whoever might help him and the others to survive in these dark times, although survival comes first.

Clothing/armor/style:
Black shirt, black jeans, black leather belt, brown tattered leather jacket, brown cowboy hat, black leather boots.
Will has a used light bulletproof vest (appropriate for a police officer) that took a few bullets in the past under his jacket.

Physical Appearance:
Will is a naturally fit man for upholding the duties of a police officer, which helped him greatly to gain entrance at the police academy. He is a large muscular man, about 6 feet and 3 inches tall, weighting around 239 pounds with medium unkept black hair, green eyes, light-tanned skin. He bears the scars of a few fights with criminals that went wrong, one which runs from under his right eye and runs all across his cheek to his chin, result from a dangerous criminal that lashed to his face with a knife.

Weapons / Abilities:
-SIG SAUER® P226f: Used handgun that sometimes fail due to a recent lack of maintenance. The current magazine size is 14 bullets, all that is left of his ammo. It is usually hoistered on his left thigh.
-Mossberg 590: A shotgun that was used for breaking riots in the earliest days. It shots rubber bullets and shotgun shells alike, but Will has only 3 rubber bullets for this gun to use. Will removed the dangling leather straps and instead holsters the gun in a bag strapped on his back, which looks very muxh like a big map case.
-Taser: An used shocking device that no more than half of its battery remains.
-Knives: Will carried a bandoleer of knives of all sorts: Combat knives, butcher knives, etc. They are all sharpened and ready to be thrown, although Will always keep an 8'' blade strapped on his right thigh for melee combat.

Other:
Will carries a few other accessories, notably a pair of handcuffs, his police notepad used nowadays as a journal, his old police officer badge (hidden in an inside pocket of his jacket along with his notepad) and an old radio that ceased to function.

Will always remains a good-hearted guy, even after the tragedy that happened in the south. However, it brought some questionning as to what he should do from now on. As a police officer, he is quite accustomed to the use of firearms, and his newfound survival instincts drove him to train in the use of throwing knives and using one for melee confrontation. Although not a master in their uses, he's handling himself well with those. He's not a leader of men, but rather follows orders and help those in charge further their goals. Survival comes first, and he will do anything to kepp himself alive, and thus sometimes it brings conflicts between survival and his own values.

Last edited by Riffus Maximus on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:32 am

How come the bio doesn't ask for what your character looks like? Isn't that a little important, because its mainly the most used sense in RPing. (I rped a blind girl once, it was pretty cool)
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Zard : V2: Flesh and Bone OOC Whitecc
Number of posts : 3156
User Points : 228790

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:35 am

Aye, this makes sense. A lot.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:01 am

Good idea. I'll add that.
CC
CC

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hortans Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:07 am

>CC in charge of hosting RPs
Tim Hortans
Tim Hortans
In a bin

Zard : V2: Flesh and Bone OOC Whitecc
Number of posts : 3156
User Points : 228790

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:41 am

Edited my bio sheet to include his physical appearance.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:44 pm

Personally I don't give a crap about people putting down their character appearance on a char sheet, as long as they're able to portray their character in the actual RP. It's more than enough information for me that "he's 40'ish years old, and an ex-soldier turned engineer after PTSD" and so on.

The character look is just sprinkles on the top, because a lot of delicious frosting and extra doesn't help if the inside is crap.

I'll have a character bio(without char look because screw you GM!) up by the weekend.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Zard : V2: Flesh and Bone OOC Defaultpet
Number of posts : 420
User Points : 27064

Back to top Go down

Post by Onion Supreme Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:47 pm

I am going to post a char too.

Before that, I was wondering, since the city has quite a lot of people, about how "open" is the word about the subway group and their mobile shield project? Do people know that they are going to take down the shields? That could be used as the premise for a rival group((that doesn't want the shield taken down, etc.)), an idea I really like. Though I think there could only be one alternative group for this not to get too complicated. So, can such a group be consist only of player chars or can they have npcs too((like the 1000 guys in the subway))?

Onion Supreme
Onion Supreme

Number of posts : 116
User Points : 12328

Back to top Go down

Post by Leb Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:17 pm

GM has okayed the use of hobo-overlords and so on, so you can have a guy in charge of a bunch of others. The exact size of your horde is up to discussion with the GM though.
Leb
Leb
Murderbeard

Number of posts : 420
User Points : 27064

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:35 pm

Onion Supreme wrote:I am going to post a char too.

Before that, I was wondering, since the city has quite a lot of people, about how "open" is the word about the subway group and their mobile shield project? Do people know that they are going to take down the shields? That could be used as the premise for a rival group((that doesn't want the shield taken down, etc.)), an idea I really like. Though I think there could only be one alternative group for this not to get too complicated. So, can such a group be consist only of player chars or can they have npcs too((like the 1000 guys in the subway))?

Everybody knows that the people in the System are there. The armed guards serve as a pretty open reminder. Access is restricted to those who submit a request through any guard post that'll go to the System's leaders.

As far as who knows about the shield project, most people have heard the story. The question is, how many people will believe it?

For example. Ieb's character will know about the shield project. He may or may not tell his army and those that depend on them, perhaps he has told them something else to make them doubt that we have the tech, doubt that it'll work, or think that it's just an urban legend.

Onion, seeing as there are many characters, you can certainly control many NPCs in your posts. So yes, your groups can be random people or others that you make up. Seeing as you're new to the forum (unless you're from PPF then I might know you) I'd approve of a small group for you. If you have experience in RPing, let me know. Otherwise, I'd say you can have four men, women, children etc.

EDIT: MONU, YOU TRIED TO TRICK ME. NO GROUP FOR YOU.
CC
CC

Back to top Go down

Post by Onion Supreme Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:50 pm

I didn't trick you, I said who I was in the intro thread already. SHAME ON YOU FOR NOT READING NEW MEMBERS' INTROS.

Also, do you remember The War RP in Reverse Lamity, based on An Unnamed Clan? Do you remember what you and your homies did to it?

You owe me a group. A badass mother@#%#$%$ one at that. With bazookas and grenades.
Onion Supreme
Onion Supreme

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:02 pm

I needn't explain myself again, Monu.

Tell you what. You get one grenade for your whole group, a combat knife, and a .38 revolver with four rounds.

And one of your group has to be in a wheelchair.
CC
CC

Back to top Go down

Post by Onion Supreme Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:08 pm

I get a GOOD rifle and a hand gun, a guy in my group get a crude flamethrower he fashioned which doesn't blow up killing everyone just to troll me, another also carries a reasonable gun and has a khukri(orwhatyoucallit) and throwing knives which he knows how to use and the one in the wheel chair is Stephen Hawking.

And the guns come with a reasonably good supply of ammos.

I am not leaving any loopholes for tricky, tricky white boys this time.

Onion Supreme
Onion Supreme

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:19 pm

Wrong, you get one grenade for your whole group, a combat knife, and a .38 revolver with four rounds. If you want to play a game where you have lots of firepower maybe you should stick with CoD.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Zard : Peregrine's rock.
Number of posts : 2007
User Points : 750554

http://twitter.com/PerryPeregrine

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:29 pm

Also, if people want to find new equipment throughout the RP, post in the OOC and I'll give it to you- maybe.
CC
CC

Back to top Go down

Post by Onion Supreme Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:00 pm

A .38 revolver and one knife is the worst set of weapons compared to everyone else's here. Just say it, it's because I am Jew.

At least give me a reasonable handgun and some extra ammos, a khukuri and a metal baseball bat and I will start as a loner.
Onion Supreme
Onion Supreme

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:22 pm

Monu I don't even have a weapon.

Or at least I wouldn't if my character hadn't been deleted in the old thread.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Justice
Justice

Zard : Peregrine's rock.
Number of posts : 2007
User Points : 750554

http://twitter.com/PerryPeregrine

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:25 pm

Yes Monu, it is because you are Jew.

You have a metal baseball bat, and a .38 revolver with four rounds.
CC
CC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next